You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Peter1968_2018

friendly damage penalty on torpedoes

9 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
117 battles

I am in favor of friendly damage penalties, but it is kinda annoying that if you shoot torpedoes at enemy ships and a friendly ship comes later on between you and the target the torpedoes count as friendly damage. This way I'd have to stop firing torpedoes there is always someone who is not watching out for the torpedoes. get the penalty for friendly damge of the torpedoes when they are longer then a cetrain time in the water. pls It is very annoying to play this game if some newbee not watching torpedoes let himself get hit and my ship blows up.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, Peter1968_2018 sagte:

pls It is very annoying to play this game if some newbee not watching his torpedoes hit my ship and it blows up.

FTFY

And come on, your highest ship is a fukin Caledon. She has only 6 km torp range. I could understand your point if we were talking about Shimakazes 20km torps, but 6 km?

If a friendly ship can get into your 6 km torps, than that is absolutely 100% your fault for not watching where you torp.

Players
8 posts

What's wrong with the penalties system? Presumption of guilt. Is this a cry-baby's charter or are complaints of 'unsporting conduct' backed up by evidence of wrongdoing? I've been falling foul of this nonsense since it was introduced.  Sure I make mistakes and I'll put my hands up if complaints are justified but why should I, or anyone else, accept penalties without ever knowing why they are levied?

I'm spending money on this game only to have hard won points deducted even if the fault is not mine. I think I'll just keep my money in my pocket for a while, spike my torpedo tubes and wait until World of Warships installs traffic lights. It's utter nonsense to introduce penalties in this way.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,578 posts
Vor 3 Stunden, AlbaMaris sagte:

backed up by evidence of wrongdoing?

you damaged a team mate -> evidence that you have done something wrong...

but I cannot see in which way this is related to mods...

Players
8 posts
6 hours ago, Klopirat said:

you damaged a team mate -> evidence that you have done something wrong...

but I cannot see in which way this is related to mods...

So, my daughter's car is stopped at a red light. Another car races through the red on the opposite side of the intersection and smashes head on into my daughter. She ends up in hospital with bleeding in her brain.

The offender's car was damaged in the collision but he and his passenger were unharmed. Your rules of 'evidence' suggest that my daughter was guilty of willful damage to the  other car. Please explain.

My comment was on topic, in reply to original post.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles
Vor 3 Minuten, AlbaMaris sagte:

So, my daughter's car is stopped at a red light. Another car races through the red on the opposite side of the intersection and smashes head on into my daughter. She ends up in hospital with bleeding in her brain.

The offender's car was damaged in the collision but he and his passenger were unharmed. Your rules of 'evidence' suggest that my daughter was guilty of willful damage to the  other car. Please explain.

My comment was on topic, in reply to original post.

That comparison is complete nonsense o.O

Players
8 posts
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

That comparison is complete nonsense o.O

Evidence of intent? Apportionment of blame? No, let's just dispense with that nonsense. How many credits do I owe you?

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles

It doesn't even matter if it's intentionally or not, because negligent damage to others is punishable as well (and rightly so).

The difference between your example is that we are talking about torpedoes. They only damage one ship (the victim's).

To correct your comparison:

One car drives on a street and throws a grenade out of the window. But it rolls further than expected, resulting in an explosion at the wrong car and damaging innocents.

Players
8 posts
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

It doesn't even matter if it's intentionally or not, because negligent damage to others is punishable

Yes, I agree that negligence, proven or not, has to be penalised, simply because it's impossible for the game to consider reasonable doubt or mitigating circumstances. It's only a game, so I have no serious objection to that. The problem is that it leaves no room to differentiate between malice and mistake. Pink and red labels tar everyone with the same brush and that, I think, has a negative effect on players because it allows anti-social misfits to mingle with those who play by the rules. Getting tagged with a label can alter your approach to the game, it can throw you off and make you suspicious of others on your team. There's no positive effect and there's no easy solution. Great fun for team-killers, though, with all that pink smoke for cover.

1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

To correct your comparison:

One car drives on a street and throws a grenade out of the window. But it rolls further than expected, resulting in an explosion at the wrong car and damaging innocents.

Really? That's pure GTA5. The incident that caused my daughter severe injury was a real-life event. If your 'correction' describes the sort of thing that is likely to happen in your neighbourhood, you should think, seriously, about relocating. :)

I'm sure that most of us have more important things to worry about and I've given this more attention than it deserves. Right and wrong are so old hat in these heady days of social and political climate change. The liars lie and the cheaters cheat in ever-increasing numbers but don't worry. I have it on great authority that 'Things Can Only Get Better' and everything will be 'Great Again'. :(