You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Up_The_Donald

Season 9 Tier 10 - Why am I so bad?

42 comments in this topic

[PN4VY]
Players
116 posts
7,088 battles

My first post on here so please have some patience if I repeat what others have said or express things in a clumsy way but........

I got to Rank 10 with no problems.  Had "Good" ratings on BB and CA.  But when at Rank 10 and into the T10 boats everything changed.  I've been stuck at Rank 10 for 2 days straight with the most I've achieved being 2 stars at that level.  My win rate went from over 50% to 25-35% over the period.  

That is the part I just can't get my head around.  Leaving aside my own poor play, bad luck, bad teams etc etc I just don't understand how my win rate has taken such a battering at this level.  I'm not the best player in the world but also by no means the worst.

I've tried playing aggressive and going for caps as a team player.  I've tried playing passive and slinging HE from the back.  Tried everything but still the same outcome.  

Is anyone else experiencing the same and does anyone have any help for how I could break out of this cycle?

Thanks in advance.

UTD.  

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

season only started, so if you are not unicum player you will stay there for a while. unicums will advance first to rank 5 and then others will have a chance to advance.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,845 posts
11,167 battles
  • bad luck happens
  • you are not one of the strongest players
  • high tier is more demanding in itself
  • the average skill level is higher in the higher ranks

[PN4VY]
Players
116 posts
7,088 battles

Thanks - that makes sense in some ways.  But lately in random at t10 I've been on 65% w/r in the DESMO.  I thought I would take a similar win rate into ranked.  But 25-30% w/r really?

Players
2,427 posts
15,503 battles
11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • high tier is more demanding in itself
  • the average skill level is higher in the higher ranks

You can't loose stars at Rank 10 and get Minotaur's spamming at long range like a Hindenburg. It's the new 'hump' you need to get over (what was it before rank 15 or 12?) Rank 5 or less will be where the fun starts.

DM right? Just hide behind islands around a cap and use your 1(?) minute radar to block it. Be super defensive rather than aggressive. Stay alive.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
22 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Thanks - that makes sense in some ways.  But lately in random at t10 I've been on 65% w/r in the DESMO.  I thought I would take a similar win rate into ranked.  But 25-30% w/r really?

random, ranked and cb are totally different game modes and different strategies need to be taken into consideration for each of them.

in ranked there are few rules on how to advance in ranked

• survive
  • be in a good position to support caps
  • dont yolo
  • try to teamplay with other people in your team (using smoke, hydro/radar, pushing together etc.)
  • dont count on your team, try to work with them, but dont count on them

i put survive in first place cause i had bad experiences when i went for a trade when my team was in overwhelming advantage to kill last dd, just for my team to lose minutes after.

• Cool 2

[PN4VY]
Players
116 posts
7,088 battles

Thanks for the help/feedback.  I'll take that into the next few battles and see how I go.  Pretty depressing though so far compared to other ranked seasons.  

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,189 battles

Feel better.

Some of us are stuck on and around R12.

Guess the mind  got stuck to previous seasons when it was the last irrevocable.

:)

• Cool 1

Players
1,585 posts
11,066 battles

The thing with ranked is.

There are two reasons you get stuck. 

1 is all the unicums early in the season makes it hard to advance

2 is you need to learn the new meta when you move to tier X at rank 10 (or another tier in earlier ranked). The meta can also shift once you hit the first/second league and you get stuck fr a while.

[ITA_C]
Players
260 posts
7,028 battles

Same here with cv 70% win rate until rank 10 in reached in the first day but then i struggle against unicum players begin a good player but not good enought anyway is a goos occasion to learn from them

[-TXG-]
Players
2,429 posts

I would also add that it depends a lot on what you want from ranked. If you are solely hell bent on reaching rank 1 then you are mostly in for a load of frustration. Personally, I target rank 10 or so as a goal and also use ranked for boosting free xp and elite captain xp so getting higher than 10 (got there yesterday) is a mostly stress free task for me and makes ranked much more enjoyable. 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,342 battles
9 hours ago, Up_The_Donald said:

That is the part I just can't get my head around.  Leaving aside my own poor play, bad luck, bad teams etc etc I just don't understand how my win rate has taken such a battering at this level.  I'm not the best player in the world but also by no means the worst.

In my not so humble opinion it's a streak of "being not so good and then also getting potatoed by the MM" which happens to many people.

People assume that all players at T10 aren't potatoes, because, hey, T10.... but in the end the percentage of potatoes at T10 is probably higher than at the lower tiers, because all potatoes have the goal to "reach the final tier to prove they are skillorz" while people who play for fun rather play at the tiers were they are successful (= not potatoish)

And in ranked, the number of potatoes per team is even more important than in normal "random" battles. Unicorns might be able to make up for getting teamed with a potato or three, but most normal players can only hope to get fewer potatoes on their team than there are at the enemy team...

So in the end it's the same for you as for most other "average" players: just pray to RNGesus for few potatoes (and offer a virgin, ten goats or whatever you deem fit) and play through this streak. Sooner or later it will break. Probably later, though.

• Cool 2

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles

Because WG pragramchik decide to make rank10 irrevocable GG^^WG
now when one even worst player gets to rank10 he cant drop out of first league

outcome is totally unplayable bracket 10-6 just in 2 days

...GG^^WG....keep consuming same crap....

Last irrevocable rank before 1 should be no lower than 15....

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,457 posts
7,852 battles
5 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

It would be okay, if they just remove rank 10 irrevocable... it would balance teams out really well, so that everyone have fitting skill level to play in. No traffic jams.

• Cool 1

Players
925 posts
20,771 battles
14 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

...good idea? i mean, in fact you suggest to make WoWs some kind of a game for only a handful "select skill-privileged fanatic few"?  fcaus i realize this excludes players like me..regrettably, but nevertheless very true

(..sorry, but when a player like me allways reached rank 10 NOW sees that rank 10 is impossible to reach for him, due to weak teams(????).....kind of LOTTERY-SYSTEM...and his former rank 10 taken away from him(??) thats tooooooooo irritating/frustrating; doesnt even matter if I play 90% battles excellent with my Loyang, doing 80K damage-battles in ranks, sink enemy DD's. do 2x capping: I STILL LOOSE&LOOSE&LOOSE!..sorry...so, then question rises: WHAT IS ACTUALLY IN IT FOR ME? (=rhetorically: NOTHING!). IMO a game should never ever take away past achievements of players (..caus those players put very much time & effort in it to obtain those)

(...whats next?...taking away EMBLEMS of the players after a while?...:cap_popcorn:)

[PN4VY]
Players
116 posts
7,088 battles

Incredible really and the potato/MM thing is really true.  After posting this and playing a few more matches taking on board the advice I went from rank 10 to rank 8 in a hot streak of about 10 matches after two days of head butting the wall at T10 - weird!  

[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles

It may not help, but at least one potato has been stopped before getting to the T10 ranks - I'm still stuck at 15 (I'm not good enough to carry, so need a long run of very good luck to get any further)...!

Players
952 posts
5,606 battles
28 minutes ago, Up_The_Donald said:

Incredible really and the potato/MM thing is really true.  After posting this and playing a few more matches taking on board the advice I went from rank 10 to rank 8 in a hot streak of about 10 matches after two days of head butting the wall at T10 - weird!  

That is how ranked works

When you are on a loss streak, say 3 losses in a row, it's best to stop and return a day later. Not only because you are clearly not on top of your game and/or getting tilted, but also because the queue is apparently filled with idiots.

• Cool 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles
On 30-4-2018 at 12:46 PM, Up_The_Donald said:

Thanks - that makes sense in some ways.  But lately in random at t10 I've been on 65% w/r in the DESMO

mye radar ships generaly do good if u know how to play them.

last season i had average results in different ships.

but with my chappayev i kept a 70% WR. 

[T_D_G]
Players
386 posts
8,640 battles

Its okay, it took me 90 games or so to get to rank7 after having a loss streaks of 7 L to 3Wins with a 1 star loss. Persistance and adaptability to tier10 meta is the thing and learning fast enough the strategies and where to go on each map will teach you how to earn those stars.

Take in mind that bad players will always throw you back to port angry and wanting to stop playing...

[TIPC]
Players
388 posts
17,249 battles
23 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

at least they made it tier 10 thats a good move!!if they take out all the irrevocables it will be great and very fun to play after tier 10 or 5 rank.also they could set a maximum battle limit per rank season for each player ..will be very enjoyable and if u onlu have skill u can be rank 1 if u dont no problem u can try next season

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
16 hours ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...good idea? i mean, in fact you suggest to make WoWs some kind of a game for only a handful "select skill-privileged fanatic few"?  fcaus i realize this excludes players like me..regrettably, but nevertheless very true

(..sorry, but when a player like me allways reached rank 10 NOW sees that rank 10 is impossible to reach for him, due to weak teams(????).....kind of LOTTERY-SYSTEM...and his former rank 10 taken away from him(??) thats tooooooooo irritating/frustrating; doesnt even matter if I play 90% battles excellent with my Loyang, doing 80K damage-battles in ranks, sink enemy DD's. do 2x capping: I STILL LOOSE&LOOSE&LOOSE!..sorry...so, then question rises: WHAT IS ACTUALLY IN IT FOR ME? (=rhetorically: NOTHING!). IMO a game should never ever take away past achievements of players (..caus those players put very much time & effort in it to obtain those)

(...whats next?...taking away EMBLEMS of the players after a while?...:cap_popcorn:)

Yes thats the idea of ranked git gud or get out.....

....not the time and nerves of 6 players to be wasted, because 1 imbek that does not belong there is forced to play again and again, in bracket for which he is NOT understanding what to do & how to do it...

Ranked is all about skill cap

ITS Irritating/frustrating to 6 other players that are forced to play with that imbek.

Please WG show mercy. DO NOT FORCE imbeks to play in bracket 10-6.

They want too to win some battles....Let them go back in 15-11.

on that part

WHAT IS ACTUALLY IN IT FOR ME?

Spoiler

for players like you they should deny access to any  form of PvP :Smile_trollface:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,002 posts
24,078 battles
9 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

....not the time and nerves of 6 players to be wasted, because 1 imbek that does not belong there is forced to play again and again, in bracket for which he is NOT understanding what to do & how to do it...

ITS Irritating/frustrating to 6 other players that are forced to play with that imbek.

on that part

Hide contents

for players like you they should deny access to any  form of PvP :Smile_trollface:

Bracket? Understanding?

You do know that in order to understand the current meta, you have to play in it, T10 has never been tried in Ranked before, what ships are used etc and to intepret how the players handle that and the maps that are used are in no way decided beforehand, although you can of course make some predictions.

I have deliberately not started ranked yet, I wait until later as I have not the will to make the grind in ranked. If you are so extremely good you will reach the lower ranks in notime when the game is full with so called useless players - that is a certain fact - if you f.e. are a Unicum player and the rest random mediocrity you will advance.

So stop whining over things that are statistically near impossible. It has been shown that with a low WR you can reach lower ranks but they are hardly down there in numbers, especially now in the ranked season.

Besides you need matches to advance in ranks - there will hardly be any fights if only unicums are allowed. What about the waiting times? 

Personally I wait until later and will advance as usual to around R10-12 in a few fights when the latecomers with lower standard has arrived and then see how much time and effort to rank longer down I will spend. 

Players
116 posts
7,189 battles
32 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

Well, your skill cap is nothing to write home about xD

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
40 minutes ago, Hawker_gb said:

Well, your skill cap is nothing to write home about xD

Did i say opposite?
This is why i'm only R5 atm, not R1.

you can write home about @kytis (first to rank1 i think) and @tedkac

@Gnirf  when the bracket is full of those and they play important class as DD believe me wasting time(71 fknbattles) in rank 8 until i decide my exact play style and ship..is really annoying.

and precious moment when u get same 2 20%wr mummys in ur team battle after battle...just because they cant drop out...

every one that ever played full duration of ranked battles can say that making R10 irrevocable is retarded move from WG.

you are right about that waiting a little before you jump in ranked is smart but i want to rankout in first week :( not gonna be possible this season