Mydgard

Khabarovsk - Skills and upgrades

18 comments in this topic

[HHRHA]
Players
148 posts
10,293 battles

Hi!

I just started to research the lane of Khabarovsk from Gnevny and I started to read and watch videos about this little beast. I put in a lvl 10 captain in Gnevny, but I should develop him to target ship Khabarovsk and also learn the playtstyle of russian gunboat DDs.

So my asking is, can you share with me (and community ofc) your Khabarovsk builds with screenshots? Thank you!

[TS1]
Players
586 posts
7,618 battles

I think this thread could help you out a bit. There's a bunch of talk specific to the RU premiums, but there's also some good advice for RU DDs in general.

[STARS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
12,484 battles
51 minutes ago, Dekdpool2 said:

Hi, Khabarovsk and IFHE, yes or no ? Thanks

No

Players
51 posts
6,621 battles
Před 4 minutami LeSnoet řekl/a:

No

Can I know the reason? I wonder why this is a bad choice. Actually, that's why I'm writing. If not on Khabarovsk, so what?

[STARS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
12,484 battles
42 minutes ago, Dekdpool2 said:

Can I know the reason? I wonder why this is a bad choice. Actually, that's why I'm writing. If not on Khabarovsk, so what?

Because the other tier 3 skills, besides AFT, are more useful to spend your points on. 

PT, PM, AR, LS (maybe swap this one for EM), BFT, SI, DE and of course AFT. 

Stacking fires are more reliable then IFHE, also with the insane reload (remember to hold down that lmb the whole match)

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles
2 hours ago, Dekdpool2 said:

Hi, Khabarovsk and IFHE, yes or no ? Thanks

It is useful, it allows you to penetrate 27mm armour which quite a lot of high tier cruisers have on their bows and/or decks. It's not going to open up much else, however, since all T8-10 BBs pretty much have 19mm superstructure and 32mm+ bow and deck armour, so you gain nothing on them that you didn't have without IFHE. As such, it's generally not as useful as a lot of other skills that it would prevent you from being able to get like DE, SE, BFT, AFT, SI etc. So not recommended, no.

• Cool 1

Players
51 posts
6,621 battles

OK thank you. That's what I wanted to hear.
Skill seemed appropriate, and I was interested in the reason why so many captains did not use it. I thought that was the reason. More skills are more appropriate.

rvfharrier: Thank you for the answer. I believed that I would increase my DMG at all targets. You explained it well.

Players
949 posts
20,786 battles

I wonder, also re Legendary Upgrade available for Khabarovsk: how does 9,7 kms conceilment "work-out" in new-radar-meta(!?) where the very dangerous Minotaur got 8,9 kms conceilment and Worcester 9,5 kms. Would't it maybe prove to be "the smart way" to go for 8,7 kms conceilment for Khabarowsk? At present I prefer myself playing the Khabarovsk with 8,7 conceilment + smoke (I can choose between smoke/rapair party..but smoke plays relaxed and prevents lots of possible hits & good defense ("get-away", lol) against many ships shooting at you same time; remind RNG-hits  + present meta there are very many strong cruisers/battleships being very well able (very accurate firings) to realy damage yr Khabarovsk; so most times I prefer the smoke, plays more relaxed & same effective for me, being a 100% solo player; I myself use RL on Khabarovsk & realy like that, plays relaxed + nice). So, as to my question: what's your advise and opinion?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
On 2018-07-04 at 11:32 PM, Yaskaraxx said:

I would go rudder shift dodge heal build, that is sort of what the Kebab does best. If you want a smoke firing gunboat the Gearing or Yueyang are probably better since they got better smokes and more useful torps.

The Kebab has speed, weirdly potent armor and flat arcs for easier gunboating so not using those qualities is a bit of a waste. So I would not go for concealment. Also RL is a personal preference, but I would rather use those 4 points for improving the guns or picking SI.

Players
949 posts
20,786 battles
2 hours ago, ollonborre said:

I would go rudder shift dodge heal build, that is sort of what the Kebab does best. If you want a smoke firing gunboat the Gearing or Yueyang are probably better since they got better smokes and more useful torps.

The Kebab has speed, weirdly potent armor and flat arcs for easier gunboating so not using those qualities is a bit of a waste. So I would not go for concealment. Also RL is a personal preference, but I would rather use those 4 points for improving the guns or picking SI.

That's the standard build (conceilment 9.7 + 2x ruddershift + using the repair party) and almost all super-unicum-players regard this as the very best build (incl. Flamu + Notser); so no doubt: that is the best build. 

What I meant with my posting 10 was: I am presently playing my Khaba with some experimental build with RL + CE-upgrade thus having: conceilment 8,7 and choice to use either repair party or smoke and having a ruddershift 8,9 secs (= cruiser-like); playing it mostly with smoke. Again, this being just some personnal try-out. Re this build: would the Legendary Upgrade be worth it? Since this would mean a trade-off + 1km firing range and + 1 km conceilment (so, back to 9,7 kms). So, what do you think?:cap_hmm:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
1 minute ago, Yaskaraxx said:

would the Lengendary Upgrade be worth it?

Not sure. Even if you use the smokefiring playstyle you are extremelu sluggish and vulnerable to being counter torped in the smoke. Try it for sure, but I would be careful with it.

Players
949 posts
20,786 battles
2 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

Not sure. Even if you use the smokefiring playstyle you are extremelu sluggish and vulnerable to being counter torped in the smoke. Try it for sure, but I would be careful with it.

Agree, yes, it's just a try-out, experiment of mine to explore whether Khaba can be played in some alternative way (a more relaxed way, lol). I intend to play it that way for a while and fcaus can allways go back to the standard build with 2x rudder-upgrades.

The Khaba Legendary Upgrade, ahh, well kind of feel it will not be usefull in any which way; even in my try-out-build I do not much like that trade-off for just 1 km extra firing range?! I mean: 1 km only? What is the real impact of just 1 km firing range compared to 1 km conceilment? Makes me wonder: what did WG have in mind re any practical use of Legendary Upgrade for Khaba?...puzzles me 

[NWP]
Players
849 posts
6,744 battles

Sorry for sort-of necrosis, but I need help.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Tashkent but finding Khabarovsk a disappointment mainly due to gun range. Running bft/aft and double rudder.

I find you have to go in the danger zone to even get shots away and the Tashkent tactic of powerkiting is useless as you're almost immediately out of range and still in the danger zone.

I'm not in game right now but am I missing a module or something? 13.5km makes me want to sell and buy Tashkent again as I could regularly post 90k+ games in it.

[STARS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
12,484 battles

13.5km is decent enough. I engage targets at 10km, turn away and try to get all four turrets onto the targets. Khaba relies on dpm and speed. You are actually a vessel that tries to attract as many of reds on to you. 

The most useful module on the Khaba is the module which enhances your speedboost. 

Khaba is all about opportunistic gameplay

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
849 posts
6,744 battles

Yeah, I decided to play a few games last night and did really well. I think, based on the one game I had before I complained, it must have been the map or the fact the enemy team all ran to the map border from the start.

I played three or four last night and by the fourth was starting to feel like the grim reaper of DDs. Never before in high tier have I looked at a team line-up and though "oh good, 5 DDs on the enemy team" until now.

Also the usual food of German and Japanese BBs from 8-10 is still as succulent :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[STARS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
12,484 battles
26 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Yeah, I decided to play a few games last night and did really well. I think, based on the one game I had before I complained, it must have been the map or the fact the enemy team all ran to the map border from the start.

I played three or four last night and by the fourth was starting to feel like the grim reaper of DDs. Never before in high tier have I looked at a team line-up and though "oh good, 5 DDs on the enemy team" until now.

Also the usual food of German and Japanese BBs from 8-10 is still as succulent :Smile_teethhappy:

If played right, you can hold an entire flank on your own. But the Khaba really needs room to maneuver and use its speed.

Keep on :cap_rambo: 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this