Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
myry_1980

Premium ships in rank games

51 comments in this topic

[-EE-]
Players
32 posts
7,270 battles

WG please remove premium ships from rank games.People who are to lazy to grind for ships and have no idea how to play this game buy a damn ship and do nothing in this mode.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

1,471 posts
10,084 battles

Agreed. Lets just remove people who pay for YOU as well, so YOU can play game for FREE.

Here, my seal of approval:

seal.png.463210ab226131dfaf42a9e09d2f91c6.png

• Cool 9
  • Funny 5

[BYOB]
Players
3,380 posts
11,982 battles

WG will never cut off a source of serious revenue. Potatoes playing below T5 buying expensive T8 ships is a win for them.

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles

Some people who grind to tier X sell all previous ships. So they are left with premiums.

• Cool 3

1,471 posts
10,084 battles
Just now, 159Hunter said:

Some people who grind to tier X sell all previous ships. So they are left with premiums.

Meh, same... have like 15 tiers X... but for VIII part of ranked i had option: Alabama, Enterprise, Tripitz or North Carolina. Seems quite limited to me :O

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles

Premium ships at tier 8 are known to be strong in ranked. Loyang, Kidd are good for contesting caps and murdering enemy DDs, Atago and now Prince Eugen have heals so have more 'staying power' comparing to other cruisers, etc. Because of their strength, experienced players tend to use premium ships in ranked as well. Thus seeing premium ships in your team isn't necessarily a bad thing, as veterans can carry the match better in these strong ships. In addition, at least rank 10 and above are now played with Tier 10, in which no premium ship exists. So when you progress beyond rank 10, you are guaranteed to play with those who know what they are doing. 

[TIPC]
Players
252 posts
10,675 battles

Im not playing this Ranked thing,but....

Isnt the serious business part is on T10 now?

So the T8 premium noobs who " to lazy to grind " kinda locked out already(from what itt matters at lest)?

• Cool 3

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles
3 minutes ago, Bmsrt said:

Isnt the serious business part is on T10 now?

Kinda, but you have to get there

Everything up to Rank 11 is tier 8, you have to battle through hordes of the stupidest things you'll ever see

And now when they made Rank 10 (instead of 12) irrevocable any lucky mong who gets to 10 will stay there

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,767 battles
15 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

So when you progress beyond rank 10, you are guaranteed to play with those who know what they are doing. 

Is that a promise? If so, how come we don't see them in randoms?

• Cool 2

Players
2,216 posts
7,772 battles

Make your way up to rank 10 and, CONGRATULATIONS, no more premium ships to be seen in battle!! :cap_cool:

Smile_trollface.gif

• Cool 1

[-EE-]
Players
32 posts
7,270 battles

Seems thats what i have to do.Maybe they should make a rule or something,cant play rank with t8 premium if u dont have a t10.This way we all know that guy with premium ship has learned something about this game.

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
18 minutes ago, myry_1980 said:

Seems thats what i have to do.Maybe they should make a rule or something,cant play rank with t8 premium if u dont have a t10.This way we all know that guy with premium ship has learned something about this game.

Now we have those fancy insignias, so it's easy to tell who has experience and who doesn't. Usually I wouldn't place high hope onto those whose insignia is neither default nor the ones that can be only earned by playing alright in t8+ games. Not fully accurate, sure, as not everyone likes to 'show off', but still helps

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles

Git gud and get to tier 10 basically.

My only tier 8 non-premium is Akizuki. I hate that tier in Random since it's always uptiered with tier 10, so I don't keep ships there when I finished the grind, and I'm only using the premium one for captain retraining and farming credits.

So I'm doing ranked in majority with Alabama, Lo Yang and Kutuzov. Believe me I can't wait to get to rank 10 and starts playing actually interesting ships...  (12-2 currently)

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,088 posts
10,145 battles
7 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

Now we have those fancy insignias, so it's easy to tell who has experience and who doesn't. Usually I wouldn't place high hope onto those whose insignia is neither default nor the ones that can be only earned by playing alright in t8+ games. Not fully accurate, sure, but still helps

How so? If i dont like to play 100 battles in ship class x it shows nothing? It just shows that you play at a certain level range in a certain class ? Plus if thats all it needs to make you thing you just got owned by a lucky n00b i would gladly turn the most basic insignia on :Smile_teethhappy:, Not that i even play ranked this season got enogh nonying things in RL atm to get me that grief that 7 vs 7 random brings......

Players
2,160 posts
14 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

Now we have those fancy insignias, so it's easy to tell who has experience and who doesn't. Usually I wouldn't place high hope onto those whose insignia is neither default nor the ones that can be only earned by playing alright in t8+ games. Not fully accurate, sure, but still helps

Hardly so, quite a few have default patches even though they have access to many insignia, I don't like the patches or insignia and I use the default one, we've had this discussion before and you're still wrong. In fact the insignia signify next to nothing about how well someone can play.

28 minutes ago, myry_1980 said:

That's as idiotic as saying that people that think writing u instead of using 2 extra letters and writing the actual word you shouldn't be allowed to post on the forums. This way we all know that the guy is literate (see it's stupid). Some people don't like T10 games and don't go higher than 8 or 9.

I've sold all my Tier 8 silver ships other than the New Orleans that I'm keeping for the spit line, only got the T10's and a couple of T9's in silver ships, oh and the Bismarck with loads of XP on it as I'm not interested in FDG or GK.

1 hour ago, myry_1980 said:

WG please remove premium ships from rank games.People who are to lazy to grind for ships and have no idea how to play this game buy a damn ship and do nothing in this mode.

People who are too lazy to write an extra letter? Your assumption that someone playing a Premium ship hasn't reached T8 or higher is ridiculous.

That's also totally daft, why would they cut off paying customers? It would be an absurd business decision.

• Cool 6

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles
1 hour ago, myry_1980 said:

While (certain) premiums can be a problem in Ranked, we're literally in a season where from Rank 10 up you're playing t10 ships - no premiums there. And let's be serious, R10 can be reached by spamming matches with literally any t8 ship assuming you suck only a little. It's at Rank 10- (later in the season 5-) where you need to strart paying attention to what and how well you're playing.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,088 posts
10,145 battles
13 minutes ago, eliastion said:

While (certain) premiums can be a problem in Ranked, we're literally in a season where from Rank 10 up you're playing t10 ships - no premiums there. And let's be serious, R10 can be reached by spamming matches with literally any t8 ship assuming you suck only a little. It's at Rank 10- (later in the season 5-) where you need to strart paying attention to what and how well you're playing.

So does certain silver ships and you dont see anybody ban them...7 vs 7 means every ship has a greater impact if we start with less desirebly ships how about baning non camp prem consuables max siginal ships too? or so late in the seasons how about only ships with certain modules i mean seriously if you play in the top 10 ranks you really leting your team down if you dont slot things like radar mod or sonar mods right?

Acessability is a key to make the game work at all T 10 is allready pretty bad seemingly WG aims the whould ranked at the same peps that allready play CW.Then again perhaps next will be T5 and the top 10 in T1 to compensage? :Smile_teethhappy: Black Swan for everyone....

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles
14 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

So does certain silver ships and you dont see anybody ban them

Well, that's because silver ships aren't the ones sold for real money. If you have a silver ship that's too effective, that's a balancing problem that probably should be addressed - that's all. If you have a premium ship that's too effective, that's a balancing problem, yes (a harder one to deal with, though) but also a pay2win problem - and this is what makes the negative response so much stronger (and rightfully so).

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
55 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Hardly so, quite a few have default patches even though they have access to many insignia, I don't like the patches or insignia and I use the default one, we've had this discussion before and you're still wrong. In fact the insignia signify next to nothing about how well someone can play.

The logic is as follows: A player who don't like insignia at all tend not to touch it so her insignia would be the default one or some one from the first batch (if she played a bit with this feature at its introduction). A player who like the feature would select one she finds interesting, and imho, the high tier ones are generally more intricately designed, so are more likely to be used if she has them unlocked. Thus, if we exclude the default patch and few common one from the first batch (which I did mention in my post), there should be a correlation between insignia and the player's experience in high tier games. The correlation is undoubtedly not 100% (as surely there are players who have insignia unlocked but just don't like them), but I did find those who carry a high tier insignia are more likely to be one performing adequately in ranked battles.

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,088 posts
10,145 battles
40 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, that's because silver ships aren't the ones sold for real money. If you have a silver ship that's too effective, that's a balancing problem that probably should be addressed - that's all. If you have a premium ship that's too effective, that's a balancing problem, yes (a harder one to deal with, though) but also a pay2win problem - and this is what makes the negative response so much stronger (and rightfully so).

So Far most ranked coments were not that gold ships are too powerfull for ranked but that no expirenced players buy into ranked with a tir they dont have.

Frankly its just blaming bad games on gold ships like they blame lost games sorly on their CV or their BBs or their DDs (seldom CAs unless they are radar ones and dont go die in  caps fights in the 1st few minutes) but never on themself :Smile_facepalm:

Players
2,160 posts
32 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

The logic is as follows: A player who don't like insignia at all tend not to touch it so her insignia would be the default one or some one from the first batch (if she played a bit with this feature at its introduction). A player who like the feature would select one she finds interesting, and imho, the high tier ones are generally more intricately designed, so are more likely to be used if she has them unlocked. Thus, if we exclude the default patch and few common one from the first batch (which I did mention in my post), there should be a correlation between insignia and the player's experience in high tier games. The correlation is undoubtedly not 100% (as surely there are players who have insignia unlocked but just don't like them), but I did find those who carry a high tier insignia are more likely to be one performing adequately in ranked battles.

The correlation and assumption you draw is utterly meaningless.

1. The insignia for damage just display the ability to farm damage, which can be done at the expense of winning the game and camping or in the case of the DD ones ignoring the caps, flanking and farming BB's.

2. The insignia for Nation top 3's can be done by plain spamming, although at least it's wins related so arguably has a tiny bit of validity even though they can be done by playing  loads with an awful win rate and farming enough damage in winning teams.

As discussed plenty of people have insignia but prefer some of the patches or having none at all. Given the choice I wouldn't even use the default patch.

Until you provide hard data on the  bit I've bolded it's simply confirmation bias and your own assumptions, just another form of the stats obsessed fools who "won't talk to people with hidden stats" or will only support people with good stats, both of which aren't rare to hear.

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
5 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

bolded it's simply confirmation bias and your own assumptions, just another form of the stats obsessed fools who "won't talk to people with hidden stats" or will only support people with good stats, both of which aren't rare to hear.

I am aware this can be confirmation bias as I don't have statistics but there is no need to extrapolate to the extreme. I do not assume people without insignia or have hidden stats are bad players but there is just a larger uncertainty due to lack of information. As for ranked battle, since the sole goal is to win the match, why not give your teammate as much information as possible to better gauge their expectation? 

Players
2,160 posts
13 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

I am aware this can be confirmation bias as I don't have statistics but there is no need to extrapolate to the extreme. I do not assume people without insignia or have hidden stats are bad players but there is just a larger uncertainty due to lack of information. As for ranked battle, since the sole goal is to win the match, why not give your teammate as much information as possible to better gauge their expectation? 

1. I personally don't like the insignia much, I find them meaningless. I use a mod to disable their display in battle.

2. After some clown tried to stat shame me for having the temerity to ask a tactics question when I'd been playing for 2-3 weeks and I found out there was a stats page I also found the hide stats option and turned them off for good. 

I'd rather people were paying attention to the match than looking at stats, inspecting insignia and drawing silly unfounded conclusions.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles
1 hour ago, Spellfire40 said:

So Far most ranked coments were not that gold ships are too powerfull for ranked but that no expirenced players buy into ranked with a tir they dont have.

No, they were not. Once in a while someone complains about that but the actual flood of complaints is about p2w, especially when it comes to t7 Ranked with ships like Belfast. People who buy into Ranked and can't handle it just stay deep in double-digit Ranks and don't bother anybody seriously wanting to rank-up anyway.

1 hour ago, tamagotchi said:

You could just as well ask "since the sole goal is to win the match, why give your enemy additional information by equipping your best insignia".

Insignia mean little (and this gets worse as time passes). There was a brief period when showing off a top nation-related insignia actually gave you some bragging rights but that's passed as well: as long as you focus on one nation and play a lot, there has been enough time for average players to put together 100 top3 victories just by the sheer number of battles played. And, obviously, the longer since insignia introduction, the greater inflation of this particular type. The damage-related ones were pointless from the get-go, especially for DDs (the top tier insignia is barely above average damage for Khaba).

When you also account for the fact that plenty people don't care about insignia/patches OR (like me) actually do care enough to want the somewhat personalized patch over a very limited choice of insignia... You end up with emblems giving you hardly any useful information at all. Maaaaaybe you might say that having a low-rank insignia rather than some patch or a high-rank one might signify something, but even that's quite flimsy...

Sign in to follow this