Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Phil_McCavity

Disciplinary penalty lifted???

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
63 posts
2,100 battles

Hey, so I just logged in this afternoon and got this notification "Disciplinary penalty lifted. For observance of the rules of the game, your disciplinary penalty was lifted"

I was not aware I was under a Disciplinary notice to start with. I've not team damaged or anything, no chat abuse, nothing.  Is there any way I can find out what it was for?? 

confused dot com

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
63 posts
2,100 battles
12 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Any chance this is your first game since the new update?

Been playing a few games a day for the past few weeks. Hadn't played for while before then. I dunno. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

When the new update was released, all past transgessions were pardoned. So, it looks like you may have been pink before the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HEATH]
Players
3 posts
6,447 battles

Following this thread. Same thing happened to me, did not have any disciplinary penalties before. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
189 posts
7,362 battles
On 29.4.2018 at 4:15 PM, Phil_McCavity said:

OP

Well a similar thing happened to me today. I was playing a T8 game when suddenly I stopped moving, turned out my Internet connection just crashed. Tried to reconnect, got an DNS-error and ended up having to reset all network equipment - Fiber-modem etc... So it took a few minutes but this was at the start of the game and there was no way the game had ended when I got my Internet back up. I entered the game and expected to find myself either still in the water as you used to do after a crash in the past or dead. But my Kiev was fairly safe beind and island and it looked like it had a chance of surviving.

 

Instead I found myself back in the harbour - WITH the ship (not this ship is still in battle), a pop up flashed by with the same message as OP: "Disciplinary penalty lifted. For observance of the rules of the game, your disciplinary penalty was lifted" Now I know didn't hit any friendlies, and I had no torps anywhere close to any friendlies. I know there were some penalties introduced for being "inactive" or similar in a few patches ago but I'm not really sure what happened. I'm sure the game was still going on, I'm sure I didn't hit any friendlies and IF a diciplinary penalty was given to me why was it instantly lifted? Anyways - don't like not being put back in the game after a crash. Pretty sure my ship was still fine and I coulda continued fighting... But regardless - my question is - did I experience a bug OR is this the new way crahses are handled. If so why is the penalty given and instantly removed again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
843 posts
14,680 battles

Had the same last night. Game started and stopped immediately and the login screen appeared.

After logging in again, the battle result was a draw, my (non existant) penalty was lifted and i was charged 99000 credits repair costs.

I guess the servers had a hickup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ODB]
Alpha Tester
2,606 posts
10,370 battles
On 29/04/2018 at 3:33 PM, Phil_McCavity said:

Been playing a few games a day for the past few weeks. Hadn't played for while before then. I dunno. 

Sorry mate, I have to ask, are you familiar with anyone called Ben Doon?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts
8 hours ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

Well a similar thing happened to me today. I was playing a T8 game when suddenly I stopped moving, turned out my Internet connection just crashed. Tried to reconnect, got an DNS-error and ended up having to reset all network equipment - Fiber-modem etc... So it took a few minutes but this was at the start of the game and there was no way the game had ended when I got my Internet back up. I entered the game and expected to find myself either still in the water as you used to do after a crash in the past or dead. But my Kiev was fairly safe beind and island and it looked like it had a chance of surviving.

 

Instead I found myself back in the harbour - WITH the ship (not this ship is still in battle), a pop up flashed by with the same message as OP: "Disciplinary penalty lifted. For observance of the rules of the game, your disciplinary penalty was lifted" Now I know didn't hit any friendlies, and I had no torps anywhere close to any friendlies. I know there were some penalties introduced for being "inactive" or similar in a few patches ago but I'm not really sure what happened. I'm sure the game was still going on, I'm sure I didn't hit any friendlies and IF a diciplinary penalty was given to me why was it instantly lifted? Anyways - don't like not being put back in the game after a crash. Pretty sure my ship was still fine and I coulda continued fighting... But regardless - my question is - did I experience a bug OR is this the new way crahses are handled. If so why is the penalty given and instantly removed again?

 

(and @JG4_sKylon)

 

Don't know if OP had been kicked out, but one of the annoyances 'gripes' with the new disciplinary system was that you would also 'go pink' if you quit a battle too soon (before you died)... which is good for those who do it deliberately, but it meant if your client crashed or you lost connection, it would see that as a violation.

 

This behaviour ('lifting' your penalty when you try to re-join after a disconnect) sounds like they are trying to fix this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
189 posts
7,362 battles
2 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

This behaviour ('lifting' your penalty when you try to re-join after a disconnect) sounds like they are trying to fix this?

Possibly? However I don't understand why you can't be put back into the game. I don't see the benefit of that. Surely it would be better for gameplay if I was allowed to re-enter the match and continue as long as my ship was till afloat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
606 posts
20 minutes ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

However I don't understand why you can't be put back into the game.

 

Yeah, that bit is a bit odd... have you raised a support ticket? They may be able to shed some light on it :Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TS1]
Players
590 posts
7,618 battles
40 minutes ago, KapteinSabeltann said:

Possibly? However I don't understand why you can't be put back into the game. I don't see the benefit of that. Surely it would be better for gameplay if I was allowed to re-enter the match and continue as long as my ship was till afloat.

That's the way it has been for me whenever I've gotten disconnected in the past. Though almost all of those times I got disconnected as the match was loading. And when I managed to log in again the game went to the battle automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles

On the subject of new penalty system, I got pink yesterday (''TK'' status) because I left Co-op mode early then round was over.

I was in Co-op just for get some damage on Russian ships in the first place.

Got instant pink status and 8 battles to run before penalty expire.

 

I mean, I get this for Random and Ranked battles, but why on Co-op where your team doesn't depent on your support at all because you can kill solo all 7 bots.

GG new system...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
843 posts
14,680 battles
On 23.5.2018 at 11:15 AM, Rusty_9 said:

@JG4_sKylon

 

 

This behaviour ('lifting' your penalty when you try to re-join after a disconnect) sounds like they are trying to fix this?

 I did not get a penalty for leaving the match early, the whole match crashed and was called a "draw" directly after reconnecting to the server.

So maybe in this case the system recognized that i had not an individual crash/disconnect, but the whole match crashed for unknown reason.

 

But again, why charge me 99000 repair costs ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
7 posts
18,390 battles

"Disciplinary penalty lifted!"  :cap_wander_2:  Sounds good! :/

 

There was electricity problem here. Power outage on the whole street.

(That was a fault of the power company...) and ok, this can happen anywhere...

I didn't leave the battle! And I couldn't reconnect immediately, because this problem fixed just after the end of the battle.

But the point is, I didn't click the exit in game, just disconnected, but it's like I breaking rule.

 

Should separate somehow this kind of disconnection, and that when players leave the battle while still connecting to the server.

 

For example:

- Player leave the battle (truly) and still connected to the server = legitimate the penalty.

- Player "leave the battle" and same time disconnetced from server = not a violation of the rules.

 

I feel this is unfair.

 

 

---

(...It is an next story, when is this situation the "team" begin to behave violently, "f**k u [player], rage, rage, more rage, and all report the / noob / retard / moron / idiot..." :Smile_izmena:

That is an other reason why the "karma system" is not necessary, just useless and annoying.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,939 posts
17,697 battles
On 4/29/2018 at 3:15 PM, Phil_McCavity said:

Hey, so I just logged in this afternoon and got this notification "Disciplinary penalty lifted. For observance of the rules of the game, your disciplinary penalty was lifted"

I was not aware I was under a Disciplinary notice to start with. I've not team damaged or anything, no chat abuse, nothing.  Is there any way I can find out what it was for?? 

confused dot com

Oh well, must be the WG's new "Proactive Correction" scheme. They put you on disciplinary "just-in-case" because you couldn't prove yourself to be innocent on time. :Smile_great: - You were probably planning something in the near future anyway... :cap_haloween:

 

Good thing it was lifted tho, so no worries. Hhehehe!:Smile_Default:

 

Reminds me of the time, when I was still a private and got penalized with a kitchen duty for 2 days "for not committing any offenses I could be punished for". They felt that was quite unsporting. I am deeply ashamed and have since "corrected" my scandalous behavior. :Smile_honoring:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×