You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KillerDolphin

SMOKE **

29 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
15,908 posts
11,172 battles
15 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

*Edit

Yes, people who complain about that have no clue and cannot play the game.

[THROW]
Beta Tester
206 posts
6,934 battles

If I were you I would get better at playing tier 10 before coming onto the forums and calling out others.

Using a game mechanic to your advantage is smart play, and with the smoke firing penalty change you argument is also largely irrelevant so yet again it comes down to your poor play not others.

• Cool 2

[THGZ]
Players
167 posts
3,590 battles

I playing Fiji at the moment, And yes I'm a *player*  who hides in smoke a lot,  in my last match, i fired 1 round of shells at a Lyon, 3 Ricochet and 1 shatter, a whopping 0 damage.... he returned his shells at me, In smoke, behind an Island.... and hit me for my entire HP bar... I just think you might need a little more practice on how to deal with us Smokey's .  :D lol

*EDIT* i was fully stopped and at a slight angle, was this pure luck? who knows!.. but i lol'd it off and went for my bath.. 

1 round of shells.JPG

shot-18.04.28_20.11.10-0982.jpg

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,655 posts

*Edit

Out of the 100 voices in my head, 99 tell me that it is not worth it to reply to your thread. The remaining one is singing the smurf song.

Guess which one I listened to.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Players
2,475 posts
14,599 battles

*Edit

I am not happy with the current smoke mechanics, especially as it relates to firing from smoke, but it seems unlike WG will make any significant changes in the near future.

Modder
4,002 posts
7,196 battles
10 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

The remaining one is singing the smurf song.

The Pawnys will cry when they hear this...

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,353 posts
11,263 battles

*Edit

So...

Let me get it straight: using your environment (including things like islands and smokes laid by your allies - or enemies) to acquire tactical advantage is no-skill hiding and having no balls.

Sailing in the open and getting wrecked by an enemy positioned in a way that prevents you from retaliating effectively is skilled play and not being a *edit.

Did I miss something?

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,655 posts
7 minutes ago, principat121 said:

The Pawnys will cry when they hear this...

That one has always been a bit weird. But there are enough voices in my head to make everyone happy and I love and tolerate all of them.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,048 posts
5,830 battles

There are times when a ship needs to be out of the firing line to allow it to heal up.

When I play DDs I will always try to smoke up players who seem to be in the need of a smoke screen and stay out  of it myself to continue spotting (I tend to play IJN DDs).

I'd much prefer a ship to heal up closer to the action than to take itself out of the play by going further away so it's not in a position to support the team for longer.

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles
16 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

*Edit

If you were hoping for a good discussion with the community you should have written your opening statement differently. Right now it's a whining post. And this community generally doesn't respond well to those.

So I think you should:

1) ask the mods to close this topic

2) calm down

3) rethink and rewrite a constructive topic

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Since you've been butchered down with your whine threat I'll not add up to it. My advice; you might want to start another one, asking how to deal with smoke screens. Something like: "I'm fed up with smoke shooters. What am I doing wrong and how can I improve?" Just my advice to you. You'll see you'll get much nicer answers then. Seeing your stats I'd say you're not half bad in this game. Stop yelling and start being humble, ask and get better in the process, OP...

• Cool 3

[OFFS]
Players
140 posts
7,889 battles

6256 battles, 61 percent BBs...

Yet another proof why BB bias is necessary for WG to milk the cow.

Edit: It always brightens my mood when a BB player gets roasted so hard he has to blow off steam in the forums.

• Funny 4

Players
255 posts
2,595 battles

my argument to you saying if your not equipped with it you shouldn't use it is simply this, in a real world situation ships that can smoke will always smoke up valuable assets that cant smoke up its a bit like saying if your playing a FPS and a team mate flash-bangs a enemy you shouldn't shoot them.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,439 posts
6,512 battles

p5rqP.gif?noredirect

11 hours ago, KillerDolphin said:

IF your equipped with smoke , fair enough - its part of your game play/style

You're be suprised at how difficult it is to use smoke if you're not equipped with it

• Funny 1

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles

*Edit

MK5FKVG.gif

Over 6k games and you come up with this?

Players
1,058 posts
7,695 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

11 hours still no administration to close this topic lel...

It's weekend.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles

*Edit

So when you see torps u take them like a man and dont try to avoid them? If cv shows interest in you u ask teammates to turn off AA and take whats coming like a man?

• Funny 4

Players
961 posts
4,957 battles

OP. You know this is a team based game right? So good players will play together and share their benefits. Don't get me wrong. I like to go balls deep with the Kurfürst as well and wreck some faces. It is however essential to know your surroundings. 

Read Sun Tsu. The Art of War is several thousand years old and still holds true in principle till today. "Know thyself and know thine enemy. ....".

[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,232 posts
3,385 battles

Show us on this model where the bad ship touched you. 

• Funny 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,517 posts
14,976 battles

*Edit

NAAH! I don't really mind that at all. Currently play with a Mogami and I have to admit i rather like it when they all crowd themselves into a smoke. I only need to sneak to within 10km range execute a small turn and wiggle my tail at em. 16 torps away and insta-double strikes achieved.:cap_like:

My current record is 8 torp hits on 3 ships sitting in one smoke. Next trying to go for 4... Lemme at em' :cap_viking:

Those kinda smokes are also tempting targets for any Shima or Yugumo or some such that might be lurking about.:cap_haloween: