Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xXNightShadeXx

New pink/orange names seem VERY sensitive..

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

I also hit an ally with a torp who sailed into it (those 20km torps are a pain in the arse when they sail past the intended target) and I didn't turn pink. Your damage to enemy ships before torping your 'friend' was low or there is more to this story.

• Cool 3

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles

while its frustrating when there is 'that guy' who you believe ran into your torpedo in purpose ultimately:-

YOUR TORPEDO, YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

you are responsible for deciding when and where you launch your torpedoes.

You can blitz through 9 co-op games pretty quickly. I find playing tier 4 or 5  destroyers (the AI is far better at torpedoing their own team than the actual players) on co-op make for very quick games

• Cool 2

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
17 minutes ago, xXNightShadeXx said:

I hit 1 ally with a torp when he sails into it.. on purpose.. and i get to play 9 co-op battles.... seems a bit too harsh... 

Did they die? Also, in general, never torpedo, unless you can be sure no friendly sails into those torps. Like, when it is mechanically impossible. Only torp from second line if the only other team mates in the area are division mates and you asked them whether it's fine. Because what's about as annoying as getting torped by a friendly is to get your movement restricted by friendly torpedoes, being forced to take evasive maneuvers or being unable to change course properly and getting deleted by the enemy as a result. Torpedo discipline is important to learn.

7 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

I also hit an ally with a torp who sailed into it (those 20km torps are a pain in the arse when they sail past the intended target) and I didn't turn pink. Your damage to enemy ships before torping your 'friend' was low or there is more to this story.

Playing stock shima or not using TA on Asashio? Either way, yeah, it's an area denial weapon, but it denies the area for both teams. 

Modder
4,002 posts
7,198 battles

You have also keep in mind, that the punishmend depends on your inflicted damage (to the enemy) as well.

I also hit a friendly with a torpedo yesterday, but all I got was becoming pink for two (2) games. Nothing more.

If you get sentenced to Coop, you either inflict team damage on a regular basis or too less damage to the enemy.

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
8 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Playing stock shima or not using TA on Asashio? Either way, yeah, it's an area denial weapon, but it denies the area for both teams. 

Playing shima captain on Asashio for now.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
49 minutes ago, xXNightShadeXx said:

I hit 1 ally with a torp when he sails into it.. on purpose.. and i get to play 9 co-op battles.... seems a bit too harsh... 

34 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

I got torped by a friendly yesterday (I genuinely believe it was an accident, what triggered me was he didn't apologise)

But he didn't turn pink.

So, as @TigerMoth already said, there's more to your story. You sir, are apparently a repeat offender (not nessecarily for team damage, but maybe for afk or quitting battle too early). So no, the system is not too harsh. WG did very good with designing this system.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
1 hour ago, xXNightShadeXx said:

no he puropsely was sailing into it.. was end of match and he was in voice with me.. and he wanted to be funny >.> 

1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

Take it up with your friend then, not WG.

This, mostly.

Then this is a case of 'you might need new/better friends' :Smile_Default:

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
2 hours ago, xXNightShadeXx said:

no he puropsely was sailing into it.. was end of match and he was in voice with me.. and he wanted to be funny >.> 

I'd get better friends personally.

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester
185 posts

A friendly Königsberg (inexperienced player with roughly 200 battles) ran into a torpedo of my Kamikaze R. While it didn't sink the damage got instantly reflected on me, I sank and turned pink. However although killing an ally (read myself) I didn't have to play any coop and turned back to white after one or two battles.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles
4 hours ago, xXNightShadeXx said:

It certainly doesn't sound like it's the first time for you, you see.

Within first 5 matches after the patch I managed to test the system (yeah, that's totally what it was) in Ranked by launching a spread of torps into enemy smoke screen that was then rushed by our team's DD. Our DD (that had just managed to sink the enemy DD) ate a torp of this spread and, obviously, died (damaged DDs don't like eating torps).

I didn't get relegated to co-op. I just got pink. For the next two matches.

Long story short: an unfortunate accident once in a while doesn't get you punished. If you actually got orange right away (and for 9 matches, too), then I have a solid bit of advice for you: STOP TORPING YOUR ALLIES. If you do so, then even someone mastering a teleportation spell and managing to eat a torp that couldn't have possibly hit him won't get you Random/Ranked-banned. After all, there are precious few people in this game that can teleport and use it just to grief careful torp users :Smile_trollface:

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

I still don't understand why someone can lower an ally's hp down to 1% HP and get away with it. While someone else can sink that same ship by bumping into it and then immediately go pink. It doesn't make sense.

And yes. Going orange over a teamkill immediately seems harsh. I hope that's not the case. The system is supposed to make you go pink before it makes you orange, isn't it?

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

It does seem much more sensitive now. I got pink twice in one day (patch release day) playing Co-Op, once for a 326hp HE hit from my Okhotnik on a friendly DD ( 2 games pink ) and once for 5500hp hit (2x AP) from my Des Moines (5 games pink) - Both as I was aiming at a ship when a friendly was sailing past it and the dispersion carried my shells past the target into the friendly.

Both were my fault as I should have waited or, more likely, paid more attention to what my team mates were doing with too much zoomed in shooting, not enough looking around. However there are sometimes when you just "have" to take the shot to "save" a team mate i.e. a low health Cruiser/DD about to torp a friendly from point blank as they pass each other (or ram) and you can sink them with 1 volley which will prevent them sinking your team mate but "may" accidentally hit them with 1-2 shells whilst saving them etc, although thats a pretty rare situation TBF.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles
4 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

I still don't understand why someone can lower an ally's hp down to 1% HP and get away with it. While someone else can sink that same ship by bumping into it and then immediately go pink. It doesn't make sense.

And yes. Going orange over a teamkill immediately seems harsh. I hope that's not the case. The system is supposed to make you go pink before it makes you orange, isn't it?

It might be different for repeated offenders, I can vouch (having, errrm, tested it :Smile-_tongue:) that as long as the last incident was LOOOONG ago, a single teamkill of a somewhat low hp ally isn't nearly enough to get one orange. I got two (2) pink games out of that - that's, if I'm not mistaken, less than I would've gotten under the old system. So, no, it doesn't seem like the system is harsh - but it might have lower (than what we had) tolerance to people doing this over and over again. Probably if you're flagged as recidivist you don't get the pink warning (and I don't think it's wrong - it might be especially useful against intentional teamkillers who lose the option of playing the system by assuming "ok, I stopped being pink, I can safely blast someone again").

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

It might be different for repeated offenders, I can vouch (having, errrm, tested it :Smile-_tongue:) that as long as the last incident was LOOOONG ago, a single teamkill of a somewhat low hp ally isn't nearly enough to get one orange. I got two (2) pink games out of that - that's, if I'm not mistaken, less than I would've gotten under the old system. So, no, it doesn't seem like the system is harsh - but it might have lower (than what we had) tolerance to people doing this over and over again. Probably if you're flagged as recidivist you don't get the pink warning (and I don't think it's wrong - it might be especially useful against intentional teamkillers who lose the option of playing the system by assuming "ok, I stopped being pink, I can safely blast someone again").

That sounds ok to me. I'm guessing they'll do some monitoring and adjust it after a while too.

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

Sigh, just turned pink again! Haven't been pink in months and this new system arrives and I've been Pink 3 times now in 2 days and every.....single..........time it's because I'm trying to save a team mate from dying by killing the ship that would have killed them but causing the friendly a small amount of damage doing so. This one was Okhotnik torps against a full health Emile B which was chasing a low health friendly DD who, after missing his torp, swung back on the other side of the EB and, while 2 of my torps killed the EB, the last remaining torp skimmed the back of the EB and the Clemson ran into it. I apologised and he was happy as it did very little damage to his saturated ship but it's still infuriating.

So from now on :etc_swear: you team mates, you can all die from all I care, I'm fed up of going Pink trying to save you!

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts

I think the system is just very strict on repeat offenders. I just shot a friendly Bismarck that I thought had already passed with 1 or 2 Amagi shells. Didn't turn pink, didn't get a penalty.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
239 posts
5,227 battles
8 hours ago, TigerMoth said:

I recall a thread not too long ago that was talking about torpedo's having a certain range (might've been 9 km but I'm not sure), past which they won't be giving you team killer status.

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

Yeah, I think once you're "on the list" you turn pink much more easily than those who aren't but do the same damage.

Like I said, all my own fault for causing damage whilst trying to help save team mates so I'll not bother from now on and let them die instead to get myself off this "bad boy" list.

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
Just now, Turnipsi said:

I recall a thread not too long ago that was talking about torpedo's having a certain range (might've been 9 km but I'm not sure), past which they won't be giving you team killer status.

It was 5km. They decided against that because people complained.

Sign in to follow this