You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SamuraiShakaViking

NEW PATCH: POSSIBLE BUG? Especially Ranked. Unfair new "DISCIPLINE"

14 comments in this topic

Players
39 posts
3,497 battles

This is to mention a possible BUG (?) with the new Patch and the client. This may need a hot-fix minipatch, as I know its not just me. I know others are having these issues or see team mates (and probably report them); notably in ranked but also sometimes randoms and especially the first game with a new ship.

Please let WG know, as it may not be the players fault when they do not connect at launch. Obviously this is crucial in ranked especially. Please speak up instead of just reporting any player who obviously clearly didnt load in.

For many games now, the new patch game client does finish the queing and loading but then DOES NOT complete the load in, the circle just keeps spinning, while you can even hear the game going on.

Many times I am failing to load in to the game from the in game client load-in screen even atfter the quieing and game has been loaded, and you hear the battle start, but you don't get into the game, the circle just keeps spinning.

(Other times times the client sudddenly freezes mid game or  just after the start; with unusual lag spikes.)

Also I noticed This happens mostly to destroyers and at higher tiers, and often in ranked.

At least 1-2 players fail to connect into the game.

I have noticed some other players with the same issue; when I do get in a game; there is often a dd that seems to also only connect / load in late or never.

Especially in Ranked mode.

I did not have this issue b4 the patch; and nothing has changed my side.

When this happens...: I always try to re-boot the client and get back into the game, but either have the same problem, the game loads, then the circle keeps spinning or else the reboot takes to long and the game is over... so then I get the new discipline punishment. Because of new game client load in bugs /  issues.

I have been banned and turned pink, for the client not letting me in the game. This is VERY frustrating. (I completely support the nes game discipline rules; but I think you should have made provision for context and reasons. CHeck the player's record.. surely an easy algorithm? Can you not pick up when the client fails to load in a player(s) or freezes, and that the player tried to re-connect??

Being "disciplined" for something that is NOT your fault , but a game issue or other player (such as a ship sailing into torps launched 8km away and visible for that long, even if you warn them).

BTW : SUGGESTION: Please add Teamwork and assist/encourage team building and improved comms; command notifications &  hot keys such as

"LAUNCHING TORPS", "DEPLOYING HYDRO / RADAR NOW", or "SETTING SMOKE SCREEN" or "Launching Plane"" etc

and a target designating flashing bulls eye on a grid on the minimap  (just like in WOT for spgs ) for planned  target zone for torps or bombs or even smoke and hydro. (there may be other better wording for different classes. ( as opposed to asking for  a smoke screen).

FYI I have never purposefully quit a game ever in wows or wot,  ( I usually watch the to the end , even if I am sunk...) . Sometimes REAL LIFE actually does happen such as the doorbell rings or an important phone call, but even then I always try finish the game first!

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles

This sounds like a problem with mods. Are you using any? If so, try starting the game without them and see if the problem still happens.

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
673 posts
11,762 battles

I think all Ranked and Clan Wars should be played in Vanilla mode, i.e. NO MODS ALLOWED.!!!!!!

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
5,819 battles

I have some mods from Aslain's mod pack installed and I've yet to fail to join a game.  Sometimes I am the last in but I'm usually in before the battle actually starts.

I make sure I've disabled as many Windows backgorund tasks as possible but with WIndows 10 you can't stop it downloading some patches which will have an impact on performance.  You can go from Ethernet to Wi-Fi as some things won't happen with a 'metered connection' but I think if Windows is set up to download anyway if Microsoft think it's an important patch.

Apparently, there is a way to make Windows think that the Ethernet connection is metered but I've yet to get that to work.

Players
2,160 posts
13 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I have some mods from Aslain's mod pack installed and I've yet to fail to join a game.  Sometimes I am the last in but I'm usually in before the battle actually starts.

I make sure I've disabled as many Windows backgorund tasks as possible but with WIndows 10 you can't stop it downloading some patches which will have an impact on performance.  You can go from Ethernet to Wi-Fi as some things won't happen with a 'metered connection' but I think if Windows is set up to download anyway if Microsoft think it's an important patch.

Apparently, there is a way to make Windows think that the Ethernet connection is metered but I've yet to get that to work.

Actually in Windows 10 if you set the connection to a metered one then Microsoft patches (all of them) will just sit and wait for manual intervention. I have mine tagged as metered even though it isn't for this very reason.

A Clanmate had a real issue with game loading until he replaced the Norton suite with a different type, there are a fair few things that could cause the problems the OP is having, including mods, that aren't down to WG problems.

Players
39 posts
3,497 battles

What mods?  I have no mods and never used mods in wows

My machine exceeds the specs by far

I didnt have this issue b4 this last patch

I checked wiith my  iSP and my connection is fine and normal

Nothing changed except the new patch update

It happened again and i turned pink again after just a single game

guess i'll  sit out ranked and this weeks events etc.

time for some (far more cpu/gpu demanding) mp RTS grand strategy games on  steam that work consistently

[At least players can play mp mmo's with friends and potential friends  from any region and any time zone around the world, like most MMOs and mp games  in the info age IT globalization of the modern 21 century, not wg's weird out dated regional gulag  segregation and discrimination , so i cannot play wows with other japanese or asian canadian friends let alone gamers in Africa or middle east like i can any other MP game on steam or paradox etc . How did steam even allow wg to add wows to steam with such bizarre restrictions, especially its discrimination against a huge available market in  Africa and the Middle East.]

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
5,819 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Actually in Windows 10 if you set the connection to a metered one then Microsoft patches (all of them) will just sit and wait for manual intervention. I have mine tagged as metered even though it isn't for this very reason.

The following is from the Windows setting menu (in my install which has all the updates).

"We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply).  In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly".

So, even if you have set your system up as metered Windows can still download and install updates (it does say download but there is no point doing the download without the install).

Players
2,160 posts
2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

The following is from the Windows setting menu (in my install which has all the updates).

"We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply).  In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly".

So, even if you have set your system up as metered Windows can still download and install updates (it does say download but there is no point doing the download without the install).

That may well be how it reads, but not how it operates, on my Win 10 machines it doesn't download any patches without manual intervention.

@SamuraiShakaViking, it's entirely possible for people from all over the place to play on whichever server they like, but each server has separate accounts. In my Clan we have 1 player in Saudi, many from various European countries, an Indonesian and at least 1 US.

Many of the MMO's have different regional servers which aren't connected and have separate player bases.

Additionally don't take what your ISP says as gospel, they're hardly famous for being truthful when a customer has an issue that means they would have to spend any time, money and effort to fix. 

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,049 posts
21 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

at least 1 US

Wait :Smile_ohmy:

So an American decided to go to EU server? Did he not know of the (previously) special treatment EU server gets? :cap_fainting:

That man is either very stupid or very brave ;)

• Cool 1

Players
2,160 posts
1 minute ago, Bellegar said:

Wait :Smile_ohmy:

So an American decided to go to EU server? Did he not know of the (previously) special treatment EU server gets? :cap_fainting:

That man is either very stupid or very brave ;)

Or has long term friends on the EU server that he wants to play with.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,049 posts
3 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Or has long term friends on the EU server that he wants to play with.

Friends? What's that concept you speak of? :Smile_trollface: 

No that can't be it :Smile-_tongue: