Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

Economic flags....and BB box collections... thats all folks!

29 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
1,102 posts
6,206 battles

Greetings guys.

This has been irritating me for a while now so here it is......

Why TF are the only flags avail to buy or purchase in this game.... Economic flags? You have two/three other really useful rows of flags that actually enhance your ship and gameplay but you offer none of these for purchase?

Am I missing something here?

Wg In customisation you offer at the moment 3 types of flag bundles which are all the same flags just different amounts. Handy offer, ultimate offer and supreme pack. ( what happened to the fags your looking for?)

Since 0.7.4 you now offer to buy the SAME f*%!**g flags individually for doubloons?!!! way to go on the variation WG. Stretch that imagination....also all I ever see is box collections For BB's, Yamato collection, Bismark box collection, Camo for BB's etc etc...

Yes we know you are clearly biased to the BB player base but the more you force feed me stuff I don't want the more im going to spit it back in you face (no offence) and the sour taste that lingers for a while does not make me want to promote this game in a positive way to others because its clearly biased towards the BB player base even in promotional offers. How about box collection for Fji, New Orleans or any other popular cruiser out there, start actively promoting other lines OTHER than bloody BB's in your Customisation page..

What about other cruiser players who  Need some different (combat) flags to actually help them fight against the BB meta you have created in this game why not offer combat Flags for purchase? you don't want my/our money because I would buy November foxtrot or india delta for my Rnl Cruisers or victor limar flags for French/jap to set those charging BB's on fire when they are pushing the cap....etc.

So please Consider some alternative flags and box collections for purchase for others that play this game not just you BB player base.:cap_like:

Thanks

Wolf.

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
3 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

am mainly a  cruiser player and Need some different (combat) flags to actually help me fight against the BB meta you have created in this game why not offer combat Flags for purchase?

Forget flags, but the Asashio and sail away in their tears.  :Smile_glasses:

• Funny 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,377 posts
Vor 9 Minuten, SeaWolf7 sagte:

You have two/three other really useful rows of flags that actually enhance your ship and gameplay but you offer none of these for purchase?

because it would go to p2w...Hopefully WG will NEVER sell any other signals than those economic signals...

Zitat

So please Consider some alternative flags

no! no! no!

• Cool 9

[SCRUB]
Players
5,567 posts
11,231 battles
8 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

Hopefully WG will NEVER sell any other signals than those economic signals...

They once did in the shop (as part of the more expensive packages) - I complained about that a lot and they got removed (probably not because of me tho).

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,380 battles
38 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

also all I ever see is box collections For BB's, Yamato collection, Bismark box collection, Camo for BB's etc etc...

Yamato collection? Might I get to know what that is? Because I'm pretty sure I've never had any Yamato collection

Oh you mean Yamamoto? Well that's a captain you can put on IJN ships, and there are 4 more lines apart from their BB line to use it on

Bismark collection - yeah, it has overstayed its welcome a long time ago. But apparently there still is someone special enough who hasn't done it. And what does it give? A camo? Whoa

Camo for BBs - you mean Normandie? The "Design a camo" contests last part (mind you Normandie was the ship that people voted for - if I remember correctly that contest could have been for any t6)?

• Bad 2

[BS4]
Players
1,102 posts
6,206 battles
1 hour ago, aboomination said:

They once did in the shop (as part of the more expensive packages) - I complained about that a lot and they got removed (probably not because of me tho).

sooooo that's why there not around eh?:Smile_smile:

1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

because it would go to p2w...Hopefully WG will NEVER sell any other signals than those economic signals...

no! no! no!

That's a fair point but...combat flags are avail to everyone who completes missions and challenges. Having combat flags avail for purchase for everyone  is no different really is it? there still avail to all.

But on the other hand who would bother to complete the missions if flags were avail to buy?

And why have I just answered my own question.?:Smile_facepalm:

(note to self ...don't start treads when tired and hung-over) 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
5,567 posts
11,231 battles
33 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

They're probably gone because a lot of players don't like p2w. There's already more than enough dodgy stuff in this game.

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
2 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Greetings guys.

This has been irritating me for a while now so here it is......

Why TF are the only flags avail to buy or purchase in this game.... Economic flags? You have two/three other really useful rows of flags that actually enhance your ship and gameplay but you offer none of these for purchase?

Am I missing something here?

You are probably talking about Special signals which are in the bottom row and have biggest impact on players progress.

Well, the answer is simple- WG want you to play special missions / events that contain those signals. It would be to easy if they put them in Premium shop.

Its clear as days that this would bring a lot of money for WG as im sure at least 50% of player base would buy some of them, no matter by what price, but they wont do that.

[CATS]
Players
19,860 posts
12,377 battles
47 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

That's a fair point but...combat flags are avail to everyone who completes missions and challenges. Having combat flags avail for purchase for everyone  is no different really is it? there still avail to all.

But on the other hand who would bother to complete the missions if flags were avail to buy?

Too many people complained.

And the difference between buying and winning flags should be obvious...

• Cool 1

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,975 battles

As far as I understand there are two models; Pay-to-Win and Pay-to-Progress. The latter is what you get with a mobile game where if you pay a small fee then the next level unlocks sooner or something happens at once rather than after an arbitrary delay, or if you buy doubloons to convert XP to Free-XP to get a ship sooner in World of Warships. The former is if you can buy an overpowered weapon or premium ammunition and gain some advantage, which has been claimed for some ships in World of Warships and is a constant complaint with "shooting gold" in World of Tanks.

So if they are trying to stick closer to a Pay-to-Progress model in World of Warships (the aforementioned ships notwithstanding) then the fact the other rows of flags "actually enhance your ship and gameplay" would be exactly why they're not available for purchase. 

[THESO]
Players
621 posts
3,680 battles

Combat flags should be earned, not bought

Play ranked, you get flags almost every rank. 

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,589 posts

Certain individual combat flags are (or were? I haven't checked) available for purchase on the premshops of NA and RU servers. Like 25x Sierra Mike, etc. Why EU hasn't deigned to do this, I dunno. I always pick signals for my containers since that's the only way to get them, so to do this also is my advice to you.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,377 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, StringWitch sagte:

Certain individual combat flags are (or were? I haven't checked) available for purchase on the premshops of NA and RU servers.

no they are not. Both servers have the same signal packs like the EU server.  While packs of only signal were available at the NA shop in the past, I always found only packs of those economic signals when I looked into the NA shop....

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,856 posts
17,266 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 11:52 AM, Klopirat said:

no! no! no!

THIS sooooooo much this.

On 4/28/2018 at 1:28 PM, SeaWolf7 said:

Completely different.. Players can complete mission and challenges without spending money. OK some like earn XP or credits are easier with a PREM account

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,492 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 9:52 AM, Klopirat said:

no! no! no!

Hmmm, there IS such a thing as Arsenal nowadays... Methinks you might already be able to buy specific signals from there. :cap_hmm:

[PUPSI]
Privateer
8,377 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, RAHJAILARI sagte:

Hmmm, there IS such a thing as Arsenal nowadays... Methinks you might already be able to buy specific signals from there. :cap_hmm:

my post is from April this year, some time before the Arsenal was introduced, and of course it was related to selling for real money.

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,492 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

my post is from April this year, some time before the Arsenal was introduced, and of course it was related to selling for real money.

Ahhh, I realize that - Now... :cap_old:

giphy.gif

Weekend Tester
837 posts
5,957 battles

Currently I am running out combat flags because these combat flags are extreme hard to get ingame than economy flags. Arsenal packs are quite overpriced like 12k coal for 20xflags meh... I would hope WG should bring combat flags on sale to premium store as well.

image.png.690e4fdfff4687dcd140dd714087ab92.png

[JRM]
Players
2,989 posts
18,247 battles

Well fire and flood flags are not that hard to farm aldough since you can only get one prize per day it can melt quickly if you play more then 10 games a day

Players
4,467 posts
9,415 battles
On 10/11/2018 at 6:31 AM, KpnFarqinMAgick said:

*edit

Are you ok?

On 10/11/2018 at 1:47 PM, SgtTincan said:

get your combat flags for coal or sovereigns or missions or ranked or just with playing the game

Or by selecting the signal containers :Smile-_tongue:

I will most likely be spending my sovereigns on the speed boost flags :cat_cool:

And also, one doesn't need to put 8 signal flags on each and every ship. I usually play with 4 to 6 signal flags in the upper tiers (and like half of these are eco signals anyway).

On 10/11/2018 at 1:55 PM, Yedwy said:

Well fire and flood flags are not that hard to farm aldough since you can only get one prize per day it can melt quickly if you play more then 10 games a day

I think people who play a more limited number of different classes will find it harder to keep stock on all the signal flags.

The ones who play all classes somewhat evenly will probably not run out as easily.

On 10/11/2018 at 1:45 PM, Admiral_Noif said:

Currently I am running out combat flags because these combat flags are extreme hard to get ingame than economy flags. Arsenal packs are quite overpriced like 12k coal for 20xflags meh... I would hope WG should bring combat flags on sale to premium store as well.

image.png.690e4fdfff4687dcd140dd714087ab92.png

I hope they won't, for the reasons Klopirat already mentioned.

I think using resources conservatively is actually part of the gameplay.

[BS4]
Players
1,102 posts
6,206 battles

Hey guys,

So since this thread started back In April and since then we have had the launch of the arsenal...I can only assume WG listened and have found a way to implement useful flags in to the game through the arsenal...

So thank you for that, this has enriched the experience overall for me and gets a massive thumbs up.

Now....how to get WG to listen about this f'ing cat situation......:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this