You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
snake_sv

Rank season 9 Discussion

81 comments in this topic

[KRAKN]
Players
45 posts
10,141 battles

Let me start with this. When i first saw the announcement for tier 10 the hype was real and i mean it:cap_rambo:

it took me a couple of hours to go rank 10 with a 65% something win rate at around 12 :00 o clock and then:cap_fainting:

12 hours later at 24:00 i was still rank 10 . i main dds for ranks and damn it. What i didn't see coming.

1. Battleships are nowhere to be found, max 2 per game if lucky

2. The amount of demoins. I know the ship is old but see 2 or 3 per team is really something

Now if we take these 2 factors and combine the z-52 and the pan asian tier 10 dds running around with radar you understand that playing dd is so much more difficult from all the other seasons.

My main problems during game play are the following. People want me to go cap asap witch i found impossible ,every time i tried to do that even with my z-52 the results was the same. Either get pined behind an island for all eternity (the same goes for the opposing dds) counter hydroed and radared for ever or if no cover die in the first minute taking someone with you if lucky. Working or not the problem is that its not fun at all.Maybe for the cruisers teammates  but not for me.

Then i tried to stay a little bit behind and wait for the caps until some radars are used, having to deal with all the hate in the chat ,but the results were even worst, because of  the amount of randomness people are using their radars. so many times i rushed caps and asked for radar and none was ready because it was used already and many times more than one at the same cd.

Anyway what happened later . i saw that retraining captains is free for the time so i retrained even my grozovoi for gunboating so i can spam  games but that was even worst mistake , a mistake i know i should never done in rank . to sum it up i played a couple of games with my zao and no matter win or loose i had fun. it was nice for a change to not even give a damn about spot or caps or get one shoted radars and all that crap, mind you there are not many bbs around so i can deal with cruiser play and actually enjoy it. so until more bbs are to be found or until i get over the first day of tests and bla bla ill take it that there is not even a single person in this game that is not better than me, even in the way they hold the mouse to the position of the keyboard in the desk, relax disable the chat and start doing what i feel i need to do .yea the chat is getting me cause i tend to not ignore it .  

• Cool 4

Players
2,793 posts
15,942 battles
1 hour ago, snake_sv said:

Let me start with this. When i first saw the announcement for tier 10 the hype was real and i mean it:cap_rambo:

it took me a couple of hours to go rank 10 with a 65% something win rate at around 12 :00 o clock and then:cap_fainting:

12 hours later at 24:00 i was still rank 10 . i main dds for ranks and damn it. What i didn't see coming.

1. Battleships are nowhere to be found, max 2 per game if lucky

2. The amount of demoins. I know the ship is old but see 2 or 3 per team is really something

well for me the teamcomposition changed over the course of the day

at the start  as described first 2 games  all DM  &DD 's (reached 10 a bit later)

then it went to pretty normal team comp in the evening

(i think i now have seen every T10 ship played which soemwhat amazed me since i think some of them are obviously better choices then others)

Players
42 posts
11,089 battles
1 hour ago, snake_sv said:

i saw that retraining captains is free for the time so i retrained even my grozovoi for gun boating...

Can you explain how to? I still have to pay xxx doubloons or 120K crd to redistribute.

Aside that I see your point and it's bad news for me as I plan to use the Shima. It's going to be hard times.

Anyway what really bugs me about "Ranked" is that you would expect more teamwork, even a strategic sacrifice not particularly rewarded by WG's points system, but that makes you team win in the end. Instead I find that there are plenty of opportunists who camper in the back and even ends making more points that any other teammate!!! Or again, crazy/dull guys who have no sense at all for the overall going of the battle and a bit of strategy.
For instance I was in a battle with an Asashio which have DWT like the PanAsian. Instead of targeting big boats he chased all the time enemy DDs. He even knew that he could not hit them with torps as he never bothered to launch them!!! Still, that was it. I wish there was some kind of way to ban these guys from "Ranked"....

[KRAKN]
Players
45 posts
10,141 battles

its free for limited time. it might be for people that took part in clan battles. even module demount is free atm. 

Players
588 posts
4,771 battles
11 minutes ago, snake_sv said:

its free for limited time. it might be for people that took part in clan battles. even module demount is free atm. 

It is only for clan battle participants.

• Cool 1

Players
3,701 posts
7,341 battles

I had a feeling based on PT that DD would struggle this season, BB possibly too.

I think Hindenburg might end up being a popular choice for hanging on to a star in a defeat.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
54 minutes ago, JeTBarionIV said:

Can you explain how to? I still have to pay xxx doubloons or 120K crd to redistribute.

Have you played Clan Battles?

Players
953 posts
20,786 battles
5 hours ago, snake_sv said:

...going to rank 10...in just couple of hours?????? come on: lottery just worked in yr favour (getting a decent team i.m.o is same as being very lucky in lottery). anyway cheers to you, caus you succeeded accomplishing the almost impossible (for the many, that is).

as for me...previous ranks I always reached rank 10 (battles where entertaining, challenging & took me a lot of battles to accomplish rank 10 in the past; all was fun; must say I much liked to play them in the past). And as for now (season 9): rank 12 not irrevocable any longer????? this means that only very low number of players will even get a challenging chance to reach rank 10 (in entertaining ways, that is). My guess is at least 95% of subscribers will just be left empty-handed and with hours of frustrations and only a select handful of players will be satisfied with this ranks season 9 (getting the signals, ships etc.....while 95% subscribing playerbase will end-up left in the cold, empty handed?!). Played quite a lot of rank battles lately: experienced very low-skilled teams...kind of advance 2 stars & loose 2 stars etc. In past Ranks seasons that presented not a real problem since you knew that rank-12 was IRREVOCABLE(!)...but as things now are....

So, for me it is: Good Bye Ranks! I will not play it any longer, toooo frustrating (..and I would end up empty-handed afterwards anyway. At present I feel like it was decided to take away rank 10 away from me since I have no real chance to get it back anymore. Must say I realy dislike this....realy am frustrated about it...).

(N.B,: above is my true highly PERSONNAL opinion of present Ranks Season 9; to others I can only advise: give it a try and make up yr own minds about it):cap_popcorn:

[TENGO]
Players
309 posts
6,003 battles

I am grinding the Bismarck (stock vs a GZ was FUN FUN FUN) and Hsienyang, not giving a crap about the result. Thus far this has been the least stressful season.

Apparently if you don´t care about the stars you save yourself a lot of headache.

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,194 battles
5 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

then it went to pretty normal team comp in the evening

You consider SkyBuckFlying driving a Lexington in your team normal these days?

Kappa

• Funny 3

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
1 hour ago, Kiagy said:

I am seeing team with 1 or 2 radar and the other team none,almost all radar teams have won, in ranked radar is a massive advantage from what i have seen. Radar needs to be mirrored

Probably a good idea in ranked. The play a big role. Otoh, you have sooo many Lo Yangs and hydros in Ranked this season. They play almost as large role as radars. Completely denies a single cap if you don't have hydro or radar. Playing Benson and Hsienyang is a proper pain in hiney. Check ship list - how many radars? how many hydro dds? try cap - get chased out again and again. all the hydros also mean a lot less success on torps. Hydro dds have so much cap advantage in these small teams.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,050 posts
4 hours ago, tank276 said:

You consider SkyBuckFlying driving a Lexington in your team normal these days?

Kappa

Well he has to. Ranger is no longer allowed in ranked :Smile_trollface: 

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

I managed to achieve my usual goal - Rank #10 (just like every previous season before) in latest Ranked 9 season in just 2 days... :Smile_Default:

Somehow this was the fastest and easiest Ranked thus far... still almost can't believe that... :Smile_hiding:

4NdvigN.jpg

kDniY4u.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 4

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I managed to achieve my usual goal - Rank #10 (just like every previous season before) in latest Ranked 9 season in just 2 days... :Smile_Default:

Somehow this was the fastest and easiest Ranked thus far... still almost can't believe that... :Smile_hiding:

4NdvigN.jpg

kDniY4u.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

good season

goood teams

minime happy

luckyMM.thumb.jpg.1bc456df53572111de6ba4e1cdf9fb1b.jpg5ae4f2e3c5ad2_Screenshot-2018-4-29WoWSStatsNumbersEU-xXx__VAMPA__xXx-RankedBattles-TheNinthSeason-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.7c70f403a3d04442c15c3a025ac44537.png

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
3 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

<snip>

Leo! I had the exact same experience. On the receiving end..... Maybe I'll try one more time tomorrow but for me it's been hell seeming to be a pick nick...

[KRAKN]
Players
45 posts
10,141 battles

i didn't manage to play at all yesterday so today ill resume with a clear mind.

is the bb population any better now at tier 10 ?

Players
215 posts
Vor 20 Minuten, snake_sv sagte:

i didn't manage to play at all yesterday so today ill resume with a clear mind.

is the bb population any better now at tier 10 ?

BB population is low at T10

I'd say 1-2 BBs is the norm, occasionally 0 or 3

[TOXIC]
Players
1,343 posts
17,268 battles
14 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

4NdvigN.jpg

kDniY4u.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

Then why not go further maybe this is you season. You can only go in one direction from Rank 10 anyway :Smile-_tongue:

11 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Leo! I had the exact same experience. On the receiving end..... Maybe I'll try one more time tomorrow but for me it's been hell seeming to be a pick nick...

Seems like Leo took yours (and probably anyone else) share of victories. I took me seven battles just to go from Rank 16 to Rank 15, for just one star as I started this season with one star at Rank 16. At this rate if I reach Rank 10 by the end of season it would be great.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

12 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Then why not go further maybe this is you season. You can only go in one direction from Rank 10 anyway :Smile-_tongue:

I know that I have nothing to lose except time... but that is just it... the "rewards" from Rank #10 below to Rank #1 are not that special at all... and that is the main problem... :Smile_sad:

I earned 5 of each "Special Signal Flags" via the "Public Test Server" with just 5-6-7 games in shortened Ranked system there - it would take me dozens and dozens of games in "real" Ranked 9 season for same feat... I simply see no good reason why to invest the time into it...

12 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Seems like Leo took yours (and probably anyone else) share of victories. I took me seven battles just to go from Rank 16 to Rank 15, for just one star as I started this season with one star at Rank 16. At this rate if I reach Rank 10 by the end of season it would be great.

Sorry guys... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles

My first, and probably only ranked experience this season was spotting an entire team using a Z-23, with 2 cruisers full broadside with no camo going in a straight line for 2 minutes while my entire team missed them completely (except for one bot Tirpitz that yolo'd another cap alone), only to then be spotted by a Lo Yang (which wasn't even shot at by my sniping team) and then dying because their team, no matter how dumb enough they were to not even mount camos, was still smart enough to shoot the DD, ie: me.

That just tells me everything I need to know.

• Funny 2

Players
1,589 posts
11,097 battles

Got rank10 in just a few hours too.

Rank10 and below are dominated by cruisers - Zao, DesMos and Moskva and especially Hindenburgs.

Stupid OP hindenburgs that should've hand their HE pen nerfed to normal levels long ago (just my opinion).

DD are mainly YY and Z52 and some recently buffed Shimas with 5,4 concealment and they have a very tough time just like in the CW battles i played.

BBs can have an impact, but with hindenburg dominance they mainly are farmable XP pinatas.

Earning that Black is going to be a hell of a tough time, since i have none of those long-range spam-ships :(

Should I freeXP the mosvka (have almost done the chapayev grind to Dimitri)?

• Cool 1