Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BJEagleDK

Resupply GUI update ?

resupply GUI update  

12 members have voted

1. 1. resupply GUI update - ref https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/99975-doubloon-theft-autospending/?do=findComment&comment=2426750

• Resupply GUI rock! It can't possibly be made more consumer friendly!
    • Woooot! WG is ripping my doubloons without my consent!

13 comments in this topic

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,371 battles

Good GIU.jpg

EDIT 2018-04-30:
I think I need to clarify that what I am suggesting as shown under A for signals is a resupply option per signal.
Or maybe just redesign the whole thing and have a combined resupply screen, for all camouflages, signals and consumables. Much like the "Service" screen in WOT but with radio-buttons for "only from stock" vs "purchase for silver" vs "purchase for doubloons" selection for each item (where applicable).

P.S.: it would probably make sense to rename Consumables to Equipment, since the word consumable spans all things which is consumed including signals and camouflages...

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,413 battles

Would you give it a rest already? We don't need you to spam 50 threads about the same thing :fish_palm:

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,371 battles
3 ore fa, wilkatis_LV ha scritto:

Would you give it a rest already? We don't need you to spam 50 threads about the same thing

So please enlighten me how to make a poll in an existing topic...

I started one thread - and one poll because I'm curious how many users think current GUI has an issue.
That's hardly 50 posts and if you don't like my posts & polls go ahead and read something else - its really not that hard....

3 ore fa, Skyllon ha scritto:

Storm in a teacup...

I'm curious if you think the same the first time you accidentally resupply for doubloons. Let me know by then :Smile_hiding:

The business moral behind tricking users (deliberately or not) into spending doubloons via auto-resupply is rotten no matter how you turn it. So far 50% seems to agree that there is room for improvement... :Smile_medal:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,363 posts
8,635 battles

It looks fairly straight-forward to me.

The 'premium equipment' can be bought with credits (silver) or gold - no brainer there - always select silver  (this has been in the game for a long time)

The flags can only be bought in-game with gold.   This was changed in the last patch as previously these flags could either be earnt, found in containers or bought with gold.

Why do you think the flags could be bought with silver?   There is no option in the selection.

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,371 battles
4 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

Why do you think the flags could be bought with silver?   There is no option in the selection.

I never wrote flags for silver... I wrote consumables - which in WG terms are equipment for your ship (Radar, Sonar, AA etc.)
No need to write about game mechanics. But if we should go down that road; Flags can't be purchased at all... Signals on the other hand... :Smile_Default:

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

So after 7500 battles you just decides to [edited] and whine about something that has been in the game forever?

seriously?

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,989 battles

I think Option A is clearer, so I disagree with the first poll option, but I've never had a problem with the existing UI, so I disagree with the other poll option as well.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts

To be fair the UI is a bit poor, an improvement along the lines of Picture A would do no harm and some good. To newbies the interface is far from clear even though obvious to old hands.

The poll options though aren't exactly unbiased.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
516 posts
12,989 battles

To be fair I had a survey from Wargaming yesterday about the Clan Recommendation system where one of the options for why you didn't join a clan after looking at those recommendations was "I was too lazy to do it". So these poll options do at least meet that same standard. :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,371 battles
On 4/28/2018 at 7:09 PM, BeauNidl3 said:

The poll options though aren't exactly unbiased.

I tried to pick the two extremes. In my eyes the one is not more biased then the other. Of course I could go with more options and more elaboration, but in my experience people tend not to bother with those kind of polls.
I guess I could have added something like "The resupply GUI could use a bit of love...." in the middle, which is probably where most stands.

On 4/28/2018 at 6:51 PM, PapVogele said:

So after 7500 battles you just decides to [edited] and whine about something that has been in the game forever?

seriously?

Yes - I claim my right to whine :Smile_izmena:
Because I think the issue was bad from the beginning and it keeps getting worse and more obscure for each P2W/P2Proceed faster option WG adds. I manually have to check more and more stupidly hidden sub-menus and default ticked check-marks before I set sails in order to protect my doubloons and silver. This is a downward trend in my opinion and I really love the game, so here is hoping that WG actually gives a puuh :Smile_great:

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
10 minutes ago, BJEagleDK said:

Yes - I claim my right to whine :Smile_izmena:
Because I think the issue was bad from the beginning and it keeps getting worse and more obscure for each P2W/P2Proceed faster option WG adds. I manually have to check more and more stupidly hidden sub-menus and default ticked check-marks before I set sails in order to protect my doubloons and silver. This is a downward trend in my opinion and I really love the game, so here is hoping that WG actually gives a puuh :Smile_great:

You knew there were in-game purchases when you installed this, you know that gold can be used to resupply your ship, you DO have the option to NOT decide to use your gold to resupply, but its still not good enough for you?

Are you one of those guys that sue a coffeeshop if the cup doesnt have a “caution beverage may be hot” on it?

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
80 posts
12,371 battles
19 hours ago, PapVogele said:

Are you one of those guys that sue a coffeeshop if the cup doesnt have a “caution beverage may be hot” on it?

How is that even comparable?
I am one of those guys who object to "Ahha haaaa, you forgot to remove the check-mark we put in there for you, and now it costs you money!"

19 hours ago, PapVogele said:

You knew there were in-game purchases when you installed this, you know that gold can be used to resupply your ship, you DO have the option to NOT decide to use your gold to resupply, but its still not good enough for you?

When I installed this game, it was in beta (for some reason I'm one of those where it does not show in the forums) and there were no purchases at all, but that is besides the point.
If you bothered reading my posts you would have seen that what I complain about is not that you can purchase for doubloons, but that auto-resupply can result in you spending doubloons without your consent due to an rather obscure GUI. Looking at my poll I am not the only one who thinks so...

Sign in to follow this