MIKE_HYDRA

New Unsporting conduct system needs to be fixed

59 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
3,827 battles

So while getting into a match and waiting for it to load the game freezes and after a while it kicks me out and back at the log-in screen , I log-in only to see that we are loosing the match and I have been destroyed . That happened quite a few times and then my name turned pink , I am "accused" of being afk and leaving a battle early , just because the game itself froze and kicked me out, not my fault at all , WG please this needs to be fixed ASAP.

tell me if anything similar has happened to you and how this could be fixed

PS I have a wireless connection ( that plays a role I guess)

[GW_KR]
Players
34 posts
5,077 battles

I have similar experience. I get kicked out on a regular basis just like that and only on  wows! Haven’t turned pink yet though - for this reason - but probably will soon. 

Players
3 posts
1,211 battles
7 hours ago, MIKE_HYDRA said:

So while getting into a match and waiting for it to load the game freezes and after a while it kicks me out and back at the log-in screen , I log-in only to see that we are loosing the match and I have been destroyed . That happened quite a few times and then my name turned pink , I am "accused" of being afk and leaving a battle early , just because the game itself froze and kicked me out, not my fault at all , WG please this needs to be fixed ASAP.

I was dc due to power loss last night, logged on this morning pink

[CATS]
Players
15,933 posts
11,179 battles
8 hours ago, MIKE_HYDRA said:

If that happens quite a few times, I suggest to start troubleshooting and not continue to play the game.

• Cool 2

Players
315 posts
14,113 battles

I have been disconnected 2 times (logged out) , experienced lag spikes (server side as all players in the same match got them) with ping times rocketing up to 900ms.
And I am on a very very stable fiber connection, not using wireless at home..

[R0GUE]
Players
7 posts
2,861 battles

I have been playing a while and never been given a penalty ever before. Played the new patch for the first time yesterday and gone pink twice in one day

Yes, I hold my hand up - not sure how but one torpedo hit a friendly - it wasn't deliberate and the other player acknowledged it was an accident. The second... no idea.

No warning, no consideration in the 30+ games played in one day it happened once. Bang. one strike = penalty.

But if the penalties for a genuine mistake are going to be so severe then I guess I don't think I'll be playing.

• Cool 1

Players
5 posts
1,443 battles

It has happened to me also, I was starting a battle, then the game crashes, server doesn't let me login again, and now I have an afk penalty for leaving a battle early, why don't you fix your servers or the game so it doesn't kick the players out? and why do we have that afk penalty if it was your fault? in this age of technological advancements, your system should be able to "know" if it was a technical issue that made the player quit, or if it was the player who decided to quit. Anyway it doesn't make sense to apply afk penalties to a player that leaves the game or doesn't help or gets disconnected by a server or game problem, afk should be a serious penalty to those who (even if unwillingly) cause damage to their teammates, if you give afk penalties to players who don't want to help (I don't like those, but it's their choice) or who get kicked by your game/server, you not only stress your players, and make some of them quit the game, but you will also lose potential premium account/premium items buyers, like me because I was considering buying a premium account but now there's no way I'll spend my money with a game that's faulty and punishes his players for something that wasn't their fault!

gg Wargaming.net.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,088 posts
10,149 battles
On 28.4.2018 at 1:50 AM, MIKE_HYDRA said:

Its exactly that way because Stalingrad is upon us soon so you dont quite out to port if you see a Clandiv of 3 on top of 5 BB :Smile_teethhappy: 

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles

I thought the pink penalty was only for damaging or sinking an ally not being AFK or being accused of leaving early?

Players
5 posts
6,787 battles
On 2018-04-28 at 1:50 AM, MIKE_HYDRA said:

Happend to me to, the same thing.

And also i ship drove straight into me kept full speed and i could not get away. I got pink there to

Players
315 posts
14,113 battles

I can tell you that I "insta-died" when one of my turrets (using a new mexico) hit my div-mate/friends T6 cruiser while I was shooting at a ship far away and my friends rear just happend to show itself infront of me

And I got pink.

I am far from a team-killer, nor do I ever do team damage except this time and the occasional bumping with fellow team mates.

I do not torp from second line and I try to play smart all the time.

So when I got insta-killed for 1 turret hitting my division friend whom I always play with, then I wonder if this solution is working properly at all.

/me

• Cool 1

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles
On 5.5.2018 at 8:26 PM, Migantium_Mashum said:

I thought the pink penalty was only for damaging or sinking an ally not being AFK or being accused of leaving early?

No, it is working as intended. Everything you do to harm your team can make you go pink or orange. Which makes sense, because you are misbehaving and why should anyone else suffer because of that?

• Bad 1

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles
21 hours ago, Rowboat_Cop said:

I can tell you that I "insta-died" when one of my turrets (using a new mexico) hit my div-mate/friends T6 cruiser while I was shooting at a ship far away and my friends rear just happend to show itself infront of me

And I got pink.

I am far from a team-killer, nor do I ever do team damage except this time and the occasional bumping with fellow team mates.

I do not torp from second line and I try to play smart all the time.

So when I got insta-killed for 1 turret hitting my division friend whom I always play with, then I wonder if this solution is working properly at all.

/me

Replay or it didnt happen. Interesting stories but quite unbelieveable.

[BAD-B]
Players
808 posts
2,440 battles
15 hours ago, blindhai said:

No, it is working as intended. Everything you do to harm your team can make you go pink or orange. Which makes sense, because you are misbehaving and why should anyone else suffer because of that?

The problem here is that for a penalty you should have done the damage with intent to damage the team/teammate ... Friendly fire accidents where no party had the intent to do damage should not be penalized.

• Cool 1

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles
2 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

The problem here is that for a penalty you should have done the damage with intent to damage the team/teammate ... Friendly fire accidents where no party had the intent to do damage should not be penalized.

That scenario cant be distinguished, i have hit people too, because i didnt pay attention or miscalculated the situation or even torped, when a mate didnt pay attention to the chat aka "i torp right side of you, dont turn there". But in the end, the decision was mine and i took the risk anyway, so it is my own responsibility...even though i didnt mean to.

[BAD-B]
Players
808 posts
2,440 battles
3 hours ago, blindhai said:

That scenario cant be distinguished, i have hit people too, because i didnt pay attention or miscalculated the situation or even torped, when a mate didnt pay attention to the chat aka "i torp right side of you, dont turn there". But in the end, the decision was mine and i took the risk anyway, so it is my own responsibility...even though i didnt mean to.

The problem is that WG does not have the manpower to properly develop the game, so asking them to oversee these incidents is much too much. Thus they implemented an automatic "presumed guilty" system with no appeal possible. Punishing "not paying attention" means punishing peoples mental capacity which they cannot do much about as well (similar like punishing color blind people).

My main point is: The current system is too harsh on unintentional accidents without any oversight or appeal. It was clearly not thought out properly and unfortunately WG lacks the resources to implement a better system.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
1,475 battles

Getting a penalty for harming your team is fine. But I got penalties because "I left the game early".

1. When my ship is sunk, I normally leave the game and start a new game. Why do I get a penalty? Why is this bad for the team?

2. Starting a match suddenly crashed WOWS (before the match started). I had to start WOWS again and became the report of a penalty. This is annoying and unacceptable.

• Cool 2

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles
6 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

The problem is that WG does not have the manpower to properly develop the game, so asking them to oversee these incidents is much too much. Thus they implemented an automatic "presumed guilty" system with no appeal possible. Punishing "not paying attention" means punishing peoples mental capacity which they cannot do much about as well (similar like punishing color blind people).

My main point is: The current system is too harsh on unintentional accidents without any oversight or appeal. It was clearly not thought out properly and unfortunately WG lacks the resources to implement a better system.

Even Blizzard could not implement such a system, even when they had millions of subscribers. I think it is a better idea to be more realistic here. Perhaps you just show us examples of the scenarios you actually mean, which are incidents and you get punished for them. As i said, i have shot people too, after the patch but did not get pink. Well, i did not make something like fire or flooding though.

1 hour ago, bluna_1 said:

Getting a penalty for harming your team is fine. But I got penalties because "I left the game early".

1. When my ship is sunk, I normally leave the game and start a new game. Why do I get a penalty? Why is this bad for the team?

2. Starting a match suddenly crashed WOWS (before the match started). I had to start WOWS again and became the report of a penalty. This is annoying and unacceptable.

1. Replay or it didnt happen. Perhaps it was somehting from the battle before?

2. When you come back and travel some distance, then the automatic system doesnt mark you as inactive. The others can still report you as AFK though, but this was like it was before the patch.

Players
2 posts
1,475 battles
9 hours ago, blindhai said:

2. When you come back and travel some distance, then the automatic system doesnt mark you as inactive. The others can still report you as AFK though, but this was like it was before the patch.

May be you are right here. But when I restarted WOWS and arrived in the harbour, the penalty was already messaged to me.
And I do not mind if it was before or after any patch. It is an actual behaviour.

1. .... Perhaps it was somehting from the battle before?

There was no battle before. Furthermore the penalty would already been shown in that case.

1. Replay or it didnt happen. ...

Why such a crude answer? You do not need to tell me I am lying. My report here is not to blame anyone or anything, it's just to help improving the game.

Myself I am a software developper. We are happy about such feedback.

Anyhow thank you for answering my report.

Bye

Players
1,106 posts
8,552 battles
17 hours ago, bluna_1 said:

1. I too, when sunk, leave game to go out again in another ship. Is this to be penalised? I pay for a premium account so it is MY choice to stay or leave after being sunk.

2. Have to agree. Yesterday in a rank X game it took me 6 minutes to load in through no fault of my own...eventually I had to restart the game to resolve. When I finally joined the game I read a few comments about reporting me for AFK so explained about the issues I had logging in before going out and helping the team win.. I feel that there has to be a distinction between AFK from connection issues and deliberate AFK because you cannot be bothered. If there is no distinction then the penalty is unfair because I doubt there is a player who has not experienced a connection problem.

• Cool 1

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles
4 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

1. I too, when sunk, leave game to go out again in another ship. Is this to be penalised? I pay for a premium account so it is MY choice to stay or leave after being sunk.

2. Have to agree. Yesterday in a rank X game it took me 6 minutes to load in through no fault of my own...eventually I had to restart the game to resolve. When I finally joined the game I read a few comments about reporting me for AFK so explained about the issues I had logging in before going out and helping the team win.. I feel that there has to be a distinction between AFK from connection issues and deliberate AFK because you cannot be bothered. If there is no distinction then the penalty is unfair because I doubt there is a player who has not experienced a connection problem.

Have you send a bug report to WG or what was the reason for your "not connecting". The automatic system doesnt punish you when you are coming back and drive a certain amounts of km. But of course your teammates does not like that, whatever the reason was and i would presume that they already reported you after 6 minutes, which is quite much for a simple disconnect. But your team has all the reasons to report you. The only difference to "before patch", that you can get pink for that after fewer incidents. The system itself works fine.

and to 1.) No, you does not get penaltized, when you leave after you have been sunk.

[BAD-B]
Players
808 posts
2,440 battles
On 5/9/2018 at 10:35 PM, bluna_1 said:

1. is a fiction of yours. I do that all the time and got no penalty

2. is the point of most of my comments against the system ... that one is a huge letdown

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,049 battles
5 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

2. is the point of most of my comments against the system ... that one is a huge letdown

How long does this problem exist?

Players
607 posts
7,330 battles

Seems to be more aggressive and incremental. Works fine as far as I can tell. Went pink for torpedoing a friendly DD and took immediate damage but it's only 2 games.