You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Infiriel

Worcester - excuse me?

115 comments in this topic

Players
1,856 posts
6,930 battles

First thought was "Dear god, more Insane AA" and that hasn't changed. Just like the Mino, people WILL spec it at least half AA Spec on top of it's already good AA.

I think it will be a strong ship at tier 10.  Regardless of fire chance, we all know that if you throw enough shells in the air they will catch fire (please see Lyon).  So many players will have DE equipt along with IFHE and flags.

But it's fragile and map dependent. No smoke will hurt it and if it gets caught then it will die very quickly.  Wouldn't wanna be a enemy DD against this ship in a DIV with friendly smoke.

[AWG]
Beta Tester
231 posts
3,985 battles

Just what we need in the game.. a new member of the island camping HE spamming jar of filth :cap_fainting:

As much as I dislike the whole CV mechanic, I genuinely feel sorry for them now.

• Boring 1

Players
1,856 posts
6,930 battles
1 minute ago, blademansw said:

As much as I dislike the whole CV mechanic, I genuinely feel sorry for them now.

You and the 90% of WOWS players :cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,785 posts
16,215 battles

I smell my new favourite ship...sry Atlanta you will not be forgotten.

Players
123 posts
3,141 battles
52 minutes ago, Panocek said:

9% fire chance because IFHE, 4.5% because firing at tier 10. If you intend to keep that AA at "lol" level you need then AFT/Manual AA. Combined with CE you're already at 18 points, so you have only one Tier 3 skill to pick. Either Demo to offset IFHE penalty or SI to get more gimmicks

How about...

AR

DE

SE*

AFT

IFHE

Those are a total of 16 points. 17 because of mandatory 1pt skill. 2 left.

*If not interested in gimmicks buff then we have another 4 pts to use on CE/manual AA**. Even BFT is an alternative.

**Manual AA not all that necessary, when you look at later part of Flamu's Worcester AA test. Still took em down despite not manually selecting squadrons.

This along with concealment and other upgrades and here you go.

Players
4,767 posts
7,947 battles
19 minutes ago, GeneralSavage said:

How about...

AR

DE

SE*

AFT

IFHE

*If not interested in gimmicks buff then we have another 4 pts to use on CE/manual AA**. Even BFT is an alternative.

**Manual AA not all that necessary, when you look at later part of Flamu's Worcester AA test. Still took em down despite not manually selecting squadrons.

That way you're ditching CE and as by product, ability to instaradar any DD spotting you.

Players
1,856 posts
6,930 battles
41 minutes ago, GeneralSavage said:

How about...

AR

DE

SE*

AFT

IFHE

BFT not need as it's already strong AA wise and with AFT and defensive AA is wasted.  It's not a Conq, Lion or secondary build BB's.

CE is a must in a ship that need to run and hide when seen or to get in close.  CE and Cruiser is life.

IMHO:

1- PT (need to know these things :cap_tea:)

2- AR (for 2 points who really doesnt, it's a steal and daka daka)

3 -DE (F....I....R....E)

4-AFT (Extend that great AA potential)

4-CE (Sneeky sneeky)

4-IFHE (Pen)

Any ship that can equip Defensive AA doesn't need Manual AA.  that's a Mino or NC/Alabama job.

SI is a tricky one.  Ships like tier 9-10 RN ones need it for heal (click and new ship appears) or BB's in general for healing. Or clan Battles where AA isnt needed.  The Worcester doesn't need tones of Defensive AA as by the time you have used them all, the enemy CV is de-planes already. If you find yourself running out of radar then SI is a good choice i suppose and would drop DE for it (*or suggested below), but 3 charges is normally enough for me anyway.  DD's don't have a long life expectancy  in this game.

Fire is more important to me than an extra Radar.

*AFT can be dropped if you use the AA range MOD instead. Does this ship really need more accuracy when throwing that many shells out from a short range? 4 point can net you SI instead and remaining 2 points (1 always left with 3 x 4 Skills) is totally up to you and how you like to play.

IFHE, CE, AR, DE, PT is a must in my books.

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,273 battles

Worcester doesn`t need AA spec to deal with a single carrier. Just base values along with defaa will do.

Players
1,856 posts
6,930 battles
1 minute ago, Infiriel said:

Worcester doesn`t need AA spec to deal with a single carrier. Just base values along with defaa will do.

But get that deadly AA range out with either AFT or AA range MOD wouldn't you say chap? :cap_tea:

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
416 posts
1 hour ago, Affeks said:

...Other than being an AA one trick pony it has nothing...

Good, sounds like Wargaming got the ship accurately modelled as that was why the Worchester and Roanoke had such a short service life. And I suppose you could take the USN too heavily focussing on the AA role and making the ship too much less effective at surface combat as advice for a good Captain build for her.

Jingles video:

I already knew the historical parts and showing her slaughtering planes with a full-AA spec and setting fires sitting behind an island seems what people are demonstrating, but first part with the background was still interesting.

[IDDQD]
Players
1,785 posts
16,215 battles
1 hour ago, Affeks said:

Theres a reason why Flint is a clear cut over Atlanta despite losing a turret.

clear cut? Dont think so. When you look on good players who have both ships results are very similar. When you look on server average stats then of course, most players have no clue how to play Atlanta, and most players who have Flint are better ones so server stats arent all saying.

By server stats is Atlanta worst in dmg from all T7 cruisers, which looks like joke for players who know how to play it :cap_haloween:

Players
123 posts
3,141 battles
1 hour ago, Panocek said:

That way you're ditching CE and as by product, ability to instaradar any DD spotting you.

I would definitely go CE instead of Manual AA. Too much AA not required. AFT will do. In above post I mentioned alternative choices. Some players may go full AA build and div with his CV buddy. Some may choose max gimmick, stealth and dakka dakka. As mentioned earlier, its AA is already more than just sufficient. Not many would opt to max out AA.

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,273 battles
3 godziny temu, Redcap375 napisał:

But get that deadly AA range out with either AFT or AA range MOD wouldn't you say chap? :cap_tea:

What i mean is, that he can spec full DPS and still make CV`s cry.

[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
7,396 battles
9 hours ago, Quetak said:

clear cut? Dont think so. When you look on good players who have both ships results are very similar. When you look on server average stats then of course, most players have no clue how to play Atlanta, and most players who have Flint are better ones so server stats arent all saying.

By server stats is Atlanta worst in dmg from all T7 cruisers, which looks like joke for players who know how to play it :cap_haloween:

I wasnt refering to the server stats now was I? Dont put words in my mouth.

The reasoning behind my statement was that everytime I find myself in trouble in Atlanta, a smoke could have saved my [edited]. Not to mention Atlantas greatest weakness which are open maps or when the result of a match is decided beyond the cover of islands its not a fun place to be for Atlanta. Atlantas puny 8.5km 25 second radar is very underwhelming compared to Flints USN DD smoke that lasts a whopping 121 seconds... yes that smoke lasts 32 seconds longer than Mikhail Kutuzovs, deploys for 7 seconds longer AND has one more charge... To top it all off Flint has much more usable torps. 9.15 km vs Atlantas puny 4.5km... 

izorscAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Flint retains the same damage, flooding chances and reload of Atlanta, but gains over double the range only for 10 knots speed. Let me tell you for a cruiser like atlanta the torpedo range is always a make or break for whether they get used or not.

Dont take this the wrong way, I think atlanta is a good and fun ship, but damn Flint is completely insane in comparison.