You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Infiriel

Worcester - excuse me?

115 comments in this topic

Players
471 posts
2,275 battles
3 minutes ago, SFCGunny313 said:

And ehhhhh, how many people have access to the Flint?  It is not a main-line tech tree ship, it is a special reward. 

Still a US cruiser with smoke, rare or not

[AWG]
Beta Tester
608 posts
9,014 battles
On 28/04/2018 at 3:00 PM, Yogibjoern said:

Still a US cruiser with smoke, rare or not

Ah ok....so you're one of those *edit who tries to sharp shoot and find the one exception in order to justify your original FALSE statement, and let's remind everyone, where YOU stated the Worcester HAD smoke...so we have now determined you are an *edit and a *edit.  Done with you.

• Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles
11 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Additionally the really high numbers are from a build that people wouldn't play, Flamu used the training room with maxed AA modules and captain build done specifically for the test and changed from his random build and back afterwards.

I wouldn't dismiss that point that easily. Even without a full AA spec with every skill and upgrade, the Worchester (and I will refuse to pronounce that Wooshter, War-Chester sounds so much better!) still has roughly the same if not better AA than the Des Moines. And I coubt I'll have to tell anyone what a Des Moines does to aircraft even without being fully AA specced.

Beta Tester, Players
628 posts
11,995 battles
11 hours ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Don't put out false information.  No US cruisers have smoke.

but the are armed with total OP moon cannons ... so now we have a full [edited]line of island huggers spamming BS from behind it and ruin the game even more. Now we wont EVER get thos lazy BBs to move forward (BBs dont like to get there paint scratched) and CV cant [edited]help curs of teh stinking AA 

yet anothere GG (good going) WG 

mang

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

It's almost as if WG has an MO where they make certain WiP T10 ships extremely overpowered so that it can get attention and be pointed out by everyone. Then they do a few symbolic nerfs to say "look, we fixed it". Then they sit back and watch as everyone scrambles to buy and premium time their way past the obvious lower tier stinkers in order to get to the new obviously powercreeping OP ship. I mean... It's almost like they care more about money than game balance.

No... Surely it can't be so!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AWG]
Beta Tester
608 posts
9,014 battles
4 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

It's almost as if WG has an MO where they make certain WiP T10 ships extremely overpowered so that it can get attention and be pointed out by everyone. Then they do a few symbolic nerfs to say "look, we fixed it". Then they sit back and watch as everyone scrambles to buy and premium time their way past the obvious lower tier stinkers in order to get to the new obviously powercreeping OP ship. I mean... It's almost like they care more about money than game balance.

No... Surely it can't be so!

Then don't play the game....nobody is forcing you to do so.

If you really don't like the company, then uninstall it...simple solution.

But I can be absolutely sure of one thing - not everyone shares your opinion.

• Boring 1

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
1 minute ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Then don't play the game....nobody is forcing you to do so.

If you really don't like the company, then uninstall it...simple solution.

But I can be absolutely sure of one thing - not everyone shares your opinion.

You want everyone who don't 100% agree with WGs decisions to uninstall? Interesting expectation, albeit wildly unrealistic.

• Boring 1

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,254 battles
11 godzin temu, BeauNidl3 napisał:

Additionally the really high numbers are from a build that people wouldn't play, Flamu used the training room with maxed AA modules and captain build done specifically for the test and changed from his random build and back afterwards.

While i agree that Flamu`s build wasn`t practical, he didn`t face a realistic CV setup either. Obviously you can`t  have 3 enemy Hakuryu`s in a single game, and through all game only 3 squads managed to drop him at all.

godzinę temu, PzychoPanzer napisał:

We have a game where extremely few BBs want to push and few and fewer DDs want to do their job, and what does WG do? Bring out things like asashio & idiot ships like this. That sole BB doing his job will soon reconsider and join the ranks of the reversing basesnipers, and that DD will go waste 10 minutes going to enemy spawn at the borders to shoot some useless torps.

Actually Asashio isn`t such an idiot ship as you say, because it has a lot of disadvantages. Garbage Kagero gunpower along with the fact that you can`t torp both DD, and CA leads to almost nonexistent cap pressure, and if you actually hit someone with torps at 16km it`s not you doing stuff right - it`s them doing stuff wrong. And if you use torps close-up you might aswell play PA DD - you`ll have gunpower and way better smokes.

I still think that this ship will further damage the already skewed T8-10 MM.

[AWG]
Beta Tester
608 posts
9,014 battles
10 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

You want everyone who don't 100% agree with WGs decisions to uninstall? Interesting expectation, albeit wildly unrealistic.

Where did I say "everyone" - I'm talking specifically to you and your obvious dislike of the company and the game.  So the question is, why are you still playing it then?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
1 minute ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Where did I say "everyone" - I'm talking specifically to you and your obvious dislike of the company and the game.  So the question is, why are you still playing it then?

I love the game, but I think it's severely mismanaged at times. Instead of asking me to stop playing the game (and frequently clicking the "boring" reaction on my posts for some reason...), discuss the issue that I'm addressing.

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester
1,858 posts
5,449 battles

I like how everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the ship is overpowered. Yes, the AA power is too much, but the sluggish handling and the lack of RN heal makes her quite squishy when caught off-guard. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not she's too strong against opposing (heavy) cruisers, given that she does not have the flimsy armour of a Minotaur.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,254 battles
1 minutę temu, Kartoffelmos napisał:

I like how everyone is jumping to the conclusion that the ship is overpowered. Yes, the AA power is too much, but the sluggish handling and the lack of RN heal makes her quite squishy when caught off-guard. The only thing I'm worried about is whether or not she's too strong against opposing (heavy) cruisers, given that she does not have the flimsy armour of a Minotaur.

It can bounce BB AP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQg0BndS5Bo

Players
2,219 posts
7,795 battles
6 minutos antes, Kartoffelmos dijo:

25 mm all over the place (so all BB's she could face overmatch everywhere) and a long citadel covered by a 127 mm belt; the height being a middle ground between the waterline citadel of the Baltimore and the one of the Des Moines (closer to the later). So not as squishy as a Minotaur, but in exchange doesn't have access to zombie heal

• Cool 1

[AWG]
Beta Tester
608 posts
9,014 battles
49 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

I love the game, but I think it's severely mismanaged at times. Instead of asking me to stop playing the game (and frequently clicking the "boring" reaction on my posts for some reason...), discuss the issue that I'm addressing.

Snowflakes like you are only interested in people agreeing with whatever delusional idea/concept/thought you have.

The FACT of the matter is, you are, as usual, and as is very common here and on Reddit, jumping to WILD conclusions and claiming something will be over powered before it is even implemented in the game.  You and your band of snowflakes are NOT helping the game - you constantly whine/moan/complain and b.itch about every patch, every new ship, every change.  You expect the game to tailor to whatever YOUR concept and ideal is, and you expect the company to do it all for free.  Snowflakes...the bane of the modern world.

• Boring 1

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
15 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

s-l300.png

:cap_haloween:

:Smile_great:^^

13 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Worcester can have an AA up to 3000 of Dmg per second at 7,5 km to 8.3 km...

Using defensive fire (which leads to panic)...

...Under smoke...

...Facehugging an island...

No frigging kidding!!!

do ur math again....

...and its not dmg per second its chance xD

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
51 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Have you seen this ship in action? It's quite the spectacle. It's like a Minotaur for dummies.

And I disagree. The handling is not sluggish. The Wooster has the second tightest turn radius of all T10 cruisers (704m).  It has a standard rudder shift speed (10.8s). All cruisers except for Zao and Mino have a similar rudder shift. It is only 2 knots slower than the fastest T10 cruiser.

Additionally it has the best stealth (12.42km) and the second fastest turret turning speed (25 degrees/s).

So exactly how is this "sluggish"?

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles
5 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

:Smile_great:^^

do ur math again....

...and its not dmg per second its chance xD

more than 560 average DAMAGE per second. at 7,2 km

200 dmg at 8,6 km.

With defensive fire: 2300 dmg per second. But the status report doesn't takes in account the manual aa skill damage (double for cannons above 85mm). Which has a base of 200 dmg, and with def fire that would make them do 600 of dmg per second, with manual AA they do 1200 of damage.
Yeah... I was wrong. I said 3000 but actually it's 3500 damage per second.

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
15 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

more than 560 average DAMAGE per second. at 7,2 km

200 dmg at 8,6 km.

With defensive fire: 2300 dmg per second. But the status report doesn't takes in account the manual aa skill damage (double for cannons above 85mm). Which has a base of 200 dmg, and with def fire that would make them do 600 of dmg per second, with manual AA they do 1200 of damage.
Yeah... I was wrong. I said 3000 but actually it's 3500 damage per second.

yeah call me if u see 1 that is running manual over IFHE

:Smile_teethhappy:

Spoiler

Although the AA guns are assigned DPS values, it does not represent the amount of damage it can deal to enemy planes. Similarly, the survivability statistic for planes do not represent its hit points. The guns do not deal any actual damage, while the planes have no hit point pool. Instead, DPS and survivability are used to calculate the chances of shooting down a plane in a squadron. Due to this, AA guns can sometimes seem to do no damage to enemy planes, while other times they can appear to do massive damage.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Aerial_Combat

Alpha Tester
1,858 posts
5,449 battles
24 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

And I disagree. The handling is not sluggish. The Wooster has the second tightest turn radius of all T10 cruisers (704m).  It has a standard rudder shift speed (10.8/s). All cruisers except for Zao and Mino have a similar rudder shift.

It has a 740 m turning circle, which is nothing special when you compare it to DM's 770 m. The rudder shift is 14,02 s which is worse than DM, Zao and Minotaur (slightly). In addition, Minotaur has a hidden acceleration boost (along with most RN cruisers) which greatly improves their manoeuvrability. So yes, she is sluggish when you take her role into account.

24 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

Additionally it has the best stealth (12.42km) and the second fastest turret turning speed (25 degrees/s)

Zao has 12,6 km surface detectability range while Minotaur has 11,52. Not only is that not the best, it is also not enough to avoid a Zao that is coming after you.

As for the "Minotaur for dummies"-comment: Minotaur has smoke. The only scenario where she is an easier Minotaur is when they are both slotting radar and even then, she is only more effective against enemy cruiser thanks to the better armour. Then again, Minotaur has the zombie heal so even that point is moot.

Firepower-wise they are quite different and in this regard, she is better than Minotaur as long as the target is angled.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
1 hour ago, Infiriel said:

Still i`d like to hear what WG has to say about Worcester`s balancing.

@MrConway

I die far too early in it because I am rubbish at squishy ships.

Apart from that, this is the start of balance testing - so we don't know yet! Everything about this ship might still change.

• Cool 3

[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles
10 minutes ago, _VAMPA_ said:

yeah call me if u see 1 that is running manual over IFHE

:Smile_teethhappy:

Reveal hidden contents

Although the AA guns are assigned DPS values, it does not represent the amount of damage it can deal to enemy planes. Similarly, the survivability statistic for planes do not represent its hit points. The guns do not deal any actual damage, while the planes have no hit point pool. Instead, DPS and survivability are used to calculate the chances of shooting down a plane in a squadron. Due to this, AA guns can sometimes seem to do no damage to enemy planes, while other times they can appear to do massive damage.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Aerial_Combat

In solo mode it's extremely unlikely to see someone running full AA build - because (if the ship enters game as is) it's just a complete overkill for that one CV every couple battles (and that CV might not even be t10).

Now, if we're talking a division with a CV, however, that is guaranteed to have an enemy carrier...

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
51 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

It has a 740 m turning circle, which is nothing special when you compare it to DM's 770 m. The rudder shift is 14,02 s which is worse than DM, Zao and Minotaur (slightly). In addition, Minotaur has a hidden acceleration boost (along with most RN cruisers) which greatly improves their manoeuvrability. So yes, she is sluggish when you take her role into account.

Zao has 12,6 km surface detectability range while Minotaur has 11,52. Not only is that not the best, it is also not enough to avoid a Zao that is coming after you.

As for the "Minotaur for dummies"-comment: Minotaur has smoke. The only scenario where she is an easier Minotaur is when they are both slotting radar and even then, she is only more effective against enemy cruiser thanks to the better armour. Then again, Minotaur has the zombie heal so even that point is moot.

740 is correct. I made a typing error. However, 740 is still the second best turning circle at T10. Yes or no? As for the rudder shift, I'm basing my numbers on this video, which says 10,8s rudder shift.

And you're correct, Minotaur has a better base concealment. However, the video I'm getting my numbers from lists the max concealment of a mino at 9.12, while it lists the max concealment of a Wooster at 9.09 - which would still make the Wooster effectively have the best stealth among T10 cruisers.

I'm saying that Wooster is a "Minotaur for dummies" because of its HE capabilities. The Mino is restricted to AP only. This is the same tendency as we've seen with WG's launch of the Conqueror. With AP you need a proper angle to fire. With HE, you do not. You can have other ships put up smoke for you, but you can't have them mount HE onto your ship.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,317 posts
11,900 battles

Heyho,

First of all, please keep in mind that the current test phase is meant to figure out where we're at when it comes to balance, so we can adjust it before release. When it comes to the actual ship, the Worchester has its advantages and disadvantages - it's a great ship against DDs and CVs due to her characteristics, but she's also very prone to taking damage like the Minotaur. She does lack torps and smoke compared to that ship but does get HE in return. She's quite sluggish when it comes to maneuvrability and lacks the acceleration rate of the Mino.

I understand the the AA power is a concern and we'll definitely keep an eye on that but also keep in mind that HE shells take down those AA mounts quite easily, I had exactly that experience with her in battle - also full AA builds aren't  going to be the common build in randoms. We'll take a look at how she performs, what the feedback from testers, contributors and you is like - but I'd always like to highlight that a new ship might look mightly on paper, but testing it in a proper live server environment is something entirely different.

Thanks for your constructive contributions here!

@Tubit: Max concealment is currently 9.5 km (at least that's what I get with camo, CE module and CE skill).

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 4