You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Infiriel

Worcester - excuse me?

115 comments in this topic

[WOTN]
Players
449 posts
6,827 battles

"Year of the CV" is already a meme, and so is "year of a DD"
Currently it should be like "Year of the *edit-ships, and camping BB`s".

I`m really wondering what are you even supposed to do about this ship planting itself behind an island (active gameplay everyone).
You can`t spot it with a DD - it has radar range better than it`s concealment.

You can`t bum rush it with a DD, or a cruiser - it has [edited] DPS, it will kill you in one, or two salvos.

You can`t torp it - it has Hydro because "Reasons"

You can`t air drop it, or even spot it, because it`s AA is completly *edit.

I`m really curious about logic behind attempting to increase DD, and CV population through adding another anti-CV, anti-DD *edit to the game.

Or is WG just planning to add "Remove a ship from the enemy team" option for dubloons?

Edited by Mlddim
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 3

[POI--]
Players
6,080 posts
7,325 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Have your BBs push him.

Oh wait.

Stalingrad could push them. It's a cruiser.

• Cool 2

Players
1,298 posts
7,612 battles

Worcester can have an AA up to 3000 of Dmg per second at 7,5 km to 8.3 km...

Using defensive fire (which leads to panic)...

...Under smoke...

...Facehugging an island...

No frigging kidding!!!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[NWP]
Players
1,069 posts
8,777 battles

Worcester has smoke??

Where can I see the stats etc. of these ships?

Came up against one yesterday (driven by [WG-EU]Lordofsomethingorother), and it was strong. He admitted as much, but I never saw smoke?

Beta Tester
629 posts
10,750 battles
24 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

Worcester can have an AA up to 3000 of Dmg per second at 7,5 km to 8.3 km...

Using defensive fire (which leads to panic)...

...Under smoke...

...Facehugging an island...

No frigging kidding!!!

Don't put out false information.  No US cruisers have smoke.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
29 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Worcester has smoke??

Where can I see the stats etc. of these ships?

Came up against one yesterday (driven by [WG-EU]Lordofsomethingorother), and it was strong. He admitted as much, but I never saw smoke?

Because it doesn't have smoke, he's exaggerating and quoting a divisioned situation with ships capable of smoking the Worcester. 

Additionally the really high numbers are from a build that people wouldn't play, Flamu used the training room with maxed AA modules and captain build done specifically for the test and changed from his random build and back afterwards.

Sargento is prone to overblowing anything that risks his ability to pwn people with no counter. 

• Cool 3

Players
471 posts
2,389 battles
26 minutes ago, SFCGunny313 said:

Don't put out false information.  No US cruisers have smoke.

Ehhh Flint do have smoke

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
2,514 posts
6,728 battles

Just had the pleasure of meeting my first warchest whilst in my z46 grind a few mins ago, was dived up with a minotaur, total area denial combo, fast firing ap and he smoked up, hydro on and radar, i got too smartass and payed the price :cap_popcorn:

Players
503 posts
1,820 battles
17 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Additionally the really high numbers are from a build that people wouldn't play, Flamu used the training room with maxed AA modules and captain build done specifically for the test and changed from his random build and back afterwards.

This. Like msot CLs she is kinda locked into taking a couple of skills to be even worth using so it's unlikely you'll see many with manual AA and BFT (why on earth would you skip SI on this ship?, CE and IFHE is a given etc.) 

Also, thing with the Worchester is that, yes it's strong but if it gets spotted it will just explode immediately. It's also looks to be extremely map reliant as it looks like a T10 Atlanta and T10 map rotation fits this playstyle much less than the T7 map rotation does. It will be a scary ship in capable/unicorn hands but I doubt the average joe will do much before getting rekt to kingdom come. 

Also, keep in mind that a flanking DD will be able to stay outside radar range and either spot him when he shoots or deny him from doing much. Or stay away, you'll know where he's likely to be at any rate, there's not *that* many advantagous islands to hide behind.

In the end, if she is found to be a bit overtuned when every regular potato get their hands on her at release they can just nerf her as she's a silver ship. 

• Cool 3

[WH1TE]
Players
526 posts
5,812 battles

No AA power creep at all.... 

Ef you WG, like we don't already have 4 crazy AA shipt at TX

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
On 28/04/2018 at 1:37 AM, Infiriel said:

Currently it should be like "Year of the *edit-ships, and camping BB`s".

I`m really wondering what are you even supposed to do about this ship planting itself behind an island (active gameplay everyone).

You can`t bum rush it with a DD, or a cruiser - it has [edited] DPS, it will kill you in one, or two salvos.

You can`t air drop it, or even spot it, because it`s AA is completly *edit.

I`m really curious about logic behind attempting to increase DD, and CV population through adding another anti-CV, anti-DD *edit to the game.

Or is WG just planning to add "Remove a ship from the enemy team" option for dubloons?

Sure, good DPM, but if you stay at range I don't know if that thing counts as a DD hunter besides the option to radar them. Have you seen in Flamu's video how long it took between he started firing at the first CV spotted and when the first shell landed? Holy mother of anything sacred, my beard had time to grow there. Thank god the CV didn't move, it's exactly why I hate Atlanta, anything that moves and presses A or D every 3 seconds can dodge the incoming fire of that thing all day long at more that 11/12 km. And we're talking about T10.

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,802 posts
9,033 battles
48 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Sure, good DPM, but if you stay at range I don't know if that thing counts as a DD hunter besides the option to radar them. Have you seen in Flamu's video how long it took between he started firing at the first CV spotted and when the first shell landed? Holy mother of anything sacred, my beard had time to grow there. Thank god the CV didn't move, it' exactly why I hate Atlanta, anything that moves and presses A or D every 3 seconds can dodge the incoming fire of that whing all day long at more that 11/12 km. And we're talking about T10.

At or below radar range the shell flight times are completely fine, so hunting DDs is no problem as long as you're not running into a couple of BBs while doing so.

But there's really not much that can keep the Worcester spotted for long. DDs just die, CL/CA just die, BBs can't surprise it and planes of any type just vanish inside of the AA umbrella.

A Worcester captain who knows when to shoot and when to cloak will have no actual counter short of losing his entire team and being completely outnumbered.

The Atlanta comparison fits pretty well in regards to gun behavior and gameplay style, only scaled up to tier 10 and with 152mm guns.

What separates it from the Atlanta though, and makes it better, is the survivability. The Atlanta gets lol-penned (overmatched) by even CA AP and has pretty much the lowest HP pool of all tier VII cruisers. While the Worcester has okay armor only overmatched by BB AP (380mm and up), a pretty decent armor belt and average HP pool.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,529 posts
11,480 battles
2 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

The Atlanta comparison fits pretty well in regards to gun behavior and gameplay style, only scaled up to tier 10 and with 152mm guns.

What separates it from the Atlanta though, and makes it better, is the survivability. The Atlanta gets lol-penned (overmatched) by even CA AP and has pretty much the lowest HP pool of all tier VII cruisers. While the Worcester has okay armor only overmatched by BB AP (380mm and up), a pretty decent armor belt and average HP pool.

Basically, tier-upscaled Atlanta without any of the Atlanta's trademark weaknesses (besides shell travel time at extreme ranges)? :cap_hmm:

Sounds balanced.

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Players
449 posts
6,827 battles
58 minut temu, Nechrom napisał:

At or below radar range the shell flight times are completely fine, so hunting DDs is no problem as long as you're not running into a couple of BBs while doing so.

But there's really not much that can keep the Worcester spotted for long. DDs just die, CL/CA just die, BBs can't surprise it and planes of any type just vanish inside of the AA umbrella.

A Worcester captain who knows when to shoot and when to cloak will have no actual counter short of losing his entire team and being completely outnumbered.

This
If you happen to run your DD face-first into Worcester you just diealmost as soon as you spot him, and there is nothing you can do unless he learned shooting at some BB player school.
Good luck capping now...
Oh, and even if you run perfectly parallel to him and get 100m into his spotting range he will still fire 2-3 salvos before you can get out of radar range, hence - you most likely still die.

7 godzin temu, El2aZeR napisał:

Have your BBs push him.

Oh wait.

My point exactly

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,944 battles
7 hours ago, CleverViking said:

Also, thing with the Worchester is that, yes it's strong but if it gets spotted it will just explode immediately. It's also looks to be extremely map reliant as it looks like a T10 Atlanta and T10 map rotation fits this playstyle much less than the T7 map rotation does. It will be a scary ship in capable/unicorn hands but I doubt the average joe will do much before getting rekt to kingdom come. 

Yes met one in enemy team yesterday, she vanished as soon as our fleet together sniffed at it in seconds, focused of course , but it was like in one second full hp 3 seconds later gone. I suppose it is like the RN cruisers caught in the wrong position.

[CR33D]
Players
1,942 posts
21,485 battles

I'm not sure if I like her with DM radar. She is too good in killing DDs and DDs have little counter-play to her except run and hope that Worcester captain is not a best shooter. Maybe WG should give US CLs a different type of radar then US CAs and little less AA DPM on those 152mm guns. Other than that she seems good/fun. She has some strengths and some weaknesses. With some tweaks she should be fine.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
10 hours ago, Infiriel said:

You can when Wooster is firing

Afaik how you outplay it is either

a) the player is bad so doesn't matter how good his ship is

b) player is good so all the usual rules apply - 1v1 at your own risk, use teamwork to weed him out (and by teamwork I don't mean expect teamwork from random teammates but instead you should be the one creating the teamwork situation)

Also it's a cruiser so BBs will still delete them left right and center

• Cool 1

[__]
Beta Tester
741 posts
1,694 battles
10 hours ago, Panocek said:

You mean half assed Minotaur?

half assed minotaur?
Sonar, Radar, Heal and Anti Air panic mode  all at the same time?

plus its not lumped with SAP as its only ammo type

thats hardly half assed, aside from losing smoke and torps its either on par with or a improvement over the minotaur.

and so much for the 'year of the carrier' eh @Sub_Octavian? if you are so determined to wipe out your carrier base completely at least grow the stones to tell it up front instead of making false promises and dragging it out for your CV enthusiasts.

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
On 28/04/2018 at 1:37 AM, Infiriel said:

Currently it should be like "Year of the *edit-ships, and camping BB`s".

You can`t air drop it, or even spot it, because it`s AA is completly *edit.

I`m really curious about logic behind attempting to increase DD, and CV population through adding another anti-CV, anti-DD *edit to the game.

How your intro post have anything to do with the Worcester title? Am I missing something?

Well, anyway, I run into that shitp and his HE is to strong. He have 12% fire chance on main guns and yet, he cause me 5 fires in total under 1 minute.

First he double fire me which I use repair, then in the next 15-20 seconds, another three fires... He melt my Alsace like an icecream in Sahara.

• Funny 1

Players
2,330 posts
11,315 battles
12 hours ago, Infiriel said:

While making fun of rants certainly is popular, I tend to agree with you a lot.

In the boring camp/hug island/reverse and snipe from 20km/... meta we have now, ships like this just exacerbate that feeling of being in a stalemate. Not to mention giving it ALL the consumables, really WG?

We have a game where extremely few BBs want to push and few and fewer DDs want to do their job, and what does WG do? Bring out things like asashio & idiot ships like this. That sole BB doing his job will soon reconsider and join the ranks of the reversing basesnipers, and that DD will go waste 10 minutes going to enemy spawn at the borders to shoot some useless torps.

Top design WG.

Good thing you keep the "they don't play their own game" meme alive.

12 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Have your BBs push him.

Yea. As long as "pushing BBs" and "teamplay" are memes in this game, we will keep playing world of borefest.

And tbh, if I were a BB player, especially solo, I might not go push that ship myself either. Knowing the mouthbreathers that constitute the vast majority of this game's playerbase, you know that the other bbs will just sit there, watching while you get to be target practice for the red team.

Beta Tester
629 posts
10,750 battles
11 hours ago, Yogibjoern said:

Ehhh Flint do have smoke

And ehhhhh, how many people have access to the Flint?  It is not a main-line tech tree ship, it is a special reward. 

• Boring 1