You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EboyLarano

modifying ship slots (inventory i guess?)

24 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
162 battles

Hello there,

I just want to ask if there are possible ways to modify our ship slot? I mean I am trying to unlock a aircraft carrier, I did unlock the ship using my xp BUT it is telling me that I don't have a free slot so in doing so I AM FORCED TO BUT DOUBLOONS JUST TO HAVE THE SHIP IN MY PORT?

Looking for your quick reply Moderators IF you can help me sort this thing.

Thanks,

Remie 

WoW.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
2,160 posts

Ship port slots are only available via doubloons, it's part of their free to play model. They need money to pay for all the things any games company requires.

One alternative is to sell another ship that you own, that will free up a port slot. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

You only need to buy a new slot with doubloons if you don't have any spare ones in your port (the little arrow next to 'With Slot' should open a drop-down that allows a without slot option.

If you find yourself somewhat embarrassed in the spare slot department, either sell an existing ship (bearing in mind that you get half the silver you paid for it back, only, and you have to pay more gold to dismount equipment if you don't want to sell it too), or buy a new slot with gold.

I tend to buy a few spare slots whenever they go on sale, to make sure I always have one or two kicking around (if I'm likely to buy any new ships)...

Players
498 posts
9,580 battles

With containers often dropping additonal slots you should have no problem building up a supply, so long as you don't have to keep every single ship you unlock 

Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
11 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I mean, is this real?

The person has 86 battles. Please have some respect for new players seeking help with the game.

• Cool 9

Players
2,160 posts
1 hour ago, Synth_FG said:

With containers often dropping additonal slots you should have no problem building up a supply, so long as you don't have to keep every single ship you unlock 

I've never had a port slot from a container, almost infinite Captain slots though.

16 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

I mean, is this real?

giphy.gif

The guy is new to the game, grow up.

• Cool 1

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
2 hours ago, EboyLarano said:

Hello there,

I just want to ask if there are possible ways to modify our ship slot? I mean I am trying to unlock a aircraft carrier, I did unlock the ship using my xp BUT it is telling me that I don't have a free slot so in doing so I AM FORCED TO BUT DOUBLOONS JUST TO HAVE THE SHIP IN MY PORT?

Looking for your quick reply Moderators IF you can help me sort this thing.

Thanks,

Remie 

WoW.jpg

Hi.

Yes you need to buy these, basically you purchase it once and fill it up with a ship you like playing. The slot is yours for ever, basically.

They are 300 doubloons each, but they do go on sale from time to time. I just buy like 10 slots or so and it makes me chose wisely which ships I find fun enough to keep or which ones I don't really like enough and sell to make room for new ships.

The thing is that this is part of the way in which WoWS makes money, they keep the servers running even if you play the game without paying anything! The ships you buy (and keep in the shots that you paid a bit of real money for) are yours to keep indefinitely.

At the start you'll run out quite soon, but selling the tier 1 ships should be no hard done as these can be bought back for free.

And don't worry about it being expensive and you keep running out of slots, only in the beginning I kept running out of slots but later in the game the ships become bigger and take longer to develop. So you play these ships longer and need fewer new slots later on.

Just consider if you find this game fun enough to spend something like maybe €5 or €10 into, it's still cheap for an online game like this one :)

Btw, there is a slim chance of obtaining free port slots from containers (I believe it was the credit containers?).

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, Synth_FG said:

With containers often dropping additonal slots

those are captain slots not port slots. Port slots you can not get in containers

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

those are captain slots not port slots. Port slots you can not get in containers

I'm pretty sure that they can drop from containers (or that they could) but very rarely, the logo from the container looks like a gold colored anchor and you get 1 port slot instead of the 4 for the captains reserve spots. T.b.h. it's not worth it to wait for free slots.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,592 posts

as said already, of course port slots can be found in containers. But the chances are low, even much lower than for super containers :Smile_trollface:

In 320 TyL I had 16 super containers, but only 1 port slot. And in 698 normal containers I had 16 super containers and only 5 port slots...

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

There are also missions and campaigns from time to time which will grant you ships AND port slot. If you already have the ships or don't want them, this is another way to get new port slots.

[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

As per WOWs wiki (and own experience) I can say this is wrong, standard containers have a (slim) chance of dropping port slots.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Container

@EboyLarano  you can deselect buying a port slot as marked below.

Untitled.png.330d9583de96c7d92e48aeac5542003a.png

If however, you have no free slots: sell ships or you'll have to buy some ( but tbh, this is a waste. As soon as you play more games you'll end up with more slots than you'll ever need. So just hang on for now)

Thanks for asking this question in a civil way, don't mind the occasional troll here :cap_viking:

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,003 posts
24,125 battles

1 hour ago, Klopirat said:

as said already, of course port slots can be found in containers. But the chances are low, even much lower than for super containers :Smile_trollface:

In 320 TyL I had 16 super containers, but only 1 port slot. And in 698 normal containers I had 16 super containers and only 5 port slots...

I have had around 5-6 in say 12-1500 containers, and supercontainers are far more. Captain slots comes in 4 so they are more numerous.

To OP: Buy when there is say a 50 % sale, if you are hooked to the game , say 20 slots for 3000 doubloons is nothing. Do not expect to play this game for long if you want to spend absolutely zero money, you can reach some bit but not far up, f.e. premium account etc and missions with containers and rewards more or less demands that you spend some money now and then as it makes life easier, and there are far more than 8 ships to enjoy if you sell, perhaps the number of free slots have grown from start, I think it was 8 when there were only IJN and US when I started in 2015.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
12 hours ago, Synth_FG said:

Well, unless something's changed, you have a better chance of getting supercontainer with doubloons than a port slot... Over the past 4 months I got 1 port slot and 9 Supercontainers.

People at WG might not know that... :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

Port_Slot.jpg

2 hours ago, Klopirat said:

Not sure if that's the thing, but in my case (past last 6 months) PortSlots were always correlated with getting SuperContainer.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
3 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm pretty sure that they can drop from containers (or that they could) but very rarely, the logo from the container looks like a gold colored anchor and you get 1 port slot instead of the 4 for the captains reserve spots. T.b.h. it's not worth it to wait for free slots.

Yes you can. Though very rare they do sometimes drop. Had one, in a regular container, a few days ago. Was too late to screencap it so I hope you'll take my word for it. And IIRC sometimes there are missions in which you can win a slot.

OP: they can indeed only be purchased by doubloons otherwise. Sometimes they get on sale. If you are like me: an insane collector, that'd be a good time to purchase them. But I'd advice you to sell the ships for now: you're indeed new to the game. You can always buy them back should you decide to collect ships. It is indeed a F2P game but they must make their buck somewhere so I can relate to charging costs for certain things. Best investment you can make, should you want it OC, is buying some premium account time.

Players
2 posts
162 battles

Guys, thank you all for your quick and reliable reply and comments.

I did figure it out that I can sell my lower tier ships and have some free slots in my port.

Though the credits are ZERO, means total loss for selling ships.

Anyway, Thank you all again and again!

Have a nice day to ALL!

Players
2,160 posts
6 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Whoa, I'm at around 1k containers and not a single port slot ever. Love my luck :cap_old:

I've no idea how many containers I've had from usually 3 a day, plus missions and events, but it's a LOT, never had a port slot in any of them.

13 minutes ago, EboyLarano said:

I did figure it out that I can sell my lower tier ships and have some free slots in my port.

Anyway, Thank you all again and again!

Have a nice day to ALL!

You're entirely welcome, the interface isn't exactly intuitive, it takes a bit of time to get used to the way they do it which is confusing to new players. I hope you have fun playing and get to grips with the various odd ways they have coded this game :Smile_ohmy:

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
32 minutes ago, EboyLarano said:

You sold your tier 1 ship, they are free to purchase and thus you don't gain any money from selling them. Starting from tier 2 you will get money back when you sell ships.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
6 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

You sold your tier 1 ship, they are free to purchase and thus you don't gain any money from selling them. Starting from tier 2 you will get money back when you sell ships.

HALF of the money, though, so it's not like you don't lose money at all (and if you sell a currently discounted ship, the sale price will also reflect that).

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,396 posts
5,436 battles
40 minutes ago, eliastion said:

HALF of the money, though, so it's not like you don't lose money at all (and if you sell a currently discounted ship, the sale price will also reflect that).

Well yes, but from the OP response it sounded like he thought he would not get any money what so ever from selling ships.

It is a loss of money yes, but not a total loss.