Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Amaterasu_Regale

Clan Naming Rule 10.8

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles

I'm pretty sure that it only applies to stuff related to procreation, processing of water/food and the like.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,704 posts
9,928 battles
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I'm pretty sure that it only applies to stuff related to procreation, processing of water/food and the like.

Yeah, same guess here. The broad meaning of that rule is probably just a legal safety net so people who want to create a [C0CK] - The DlCKBUTTS clan can't argue that it wasn't specifically prohibited.

 

Pretty sure that no one would bat an eye if some [NOSE] or [CHEW] clans are out there as long as it's not blatantly offensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,704 posts
9,928 battles
6 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

It doesn't take into account robots though...

[NUBO] : Nut and bolt
:Smile_hiding:

Yeah, we'll just make our own robot clan:

 

[BENDR]

 

tenor.png

 

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
55 minutes ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

A7Ua1y7oTQ6inEgW463C9w.png

 

Does this include body functions that you'd have to be inane to find offensive in? Ex. REM - Rapid Eye Movement, Mitosis, Neuron Pathway Diagram?

 

Damn, I immediately imagine such of banned acronyms:

KICK (the patellar reflex)

COUGH (coughing reflex)

TEAR (crying is a biological function)

SLEEP (biological function)

:Smile_trollface:

 

Also, not sure about the other two, but at least COUGH and TEAR clans actually do exist :Smile-_tongue: Poor guys, they'll have to change their names! :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
2,586 posts
6,443 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

I'm pretty sure that it only applies to stuff related to procreation, processing of water/food and the like.

Bugger! I thought 'Meiosis' was a splendid clan name too...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
1,029 posts
3,358 battles

Right now I just feel like the old cop in "Hot Fuzz". The guy who, when the female cop makes a joke about "enjoying a little midnight gobble" just goes "Cocks".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
803 posts
12,803 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

Damn, I immediately imagine such of banned acronyms:

KICK (the patellar reflex)

COUGH (coughing reflex)

TEAR (crying is a biological function)

SLEEP (biological function)

:Smile_trollface:

 

Also, not sure about the other two, but at least COUGH and TEAR clans actually do exist :Smile-_tongue: Poor guys, they'll have to change their names! :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, there was this guy obsessed with acronyms in one of Tom Clancy's (IIRC) novels who stopped advocating for them after being told he'd be the Supreme Headquarters Intelligence Technician.

 

About TEAR, it's a Spanish clan and the acronym is the actual one for the Spanish Marines ("Tercio de la Armada").

 

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,674 battles

So "Bienchen und Blümchen" (Bees and Flowers - german synonyme to "explain" Sex to youngsters) is now on the thought crime list? :cap_yes: Twice because its about animals and humans...? :cap_yes:

 

@MrConway you should really talk to your bosses about this very "watery rule"... You do know that there are people on the Interweb (like me) that will abuse the *edited* out of this?

But hey, I got "warned" and an entire post of mine was deleted because I called Cruisers "brown ships" although on the WoWs Homepage Stats Page Cruisers are represented by the color brown...!

 

 

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles
20 hours ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

A7Ua1y7oTQ6inEgW463C9w.png

 

Does this include body functions that you'd have to be inane to find offensive in? Ex. REM - Rapid Eye Movement, Mitosis, Neuron Pathway Diagram?

 

 

Do I really need to explain to you what kind of functions we mean here!? :fish_nerv:

 

14 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

So "Bienchen und Blümchen" (Bees and Flowers - german synonyme to "explain" Sex to youngsters) is now on the thought crime list? :cap_yes: Twice because its about animals and humans...? :cap_yes:

 

@MrConway you should really talk to your bosses about this very "watery rule"... You do know that there are people on the Interweb (like me) that will abuse the sh*t out of this?

But hey, I got "warned" and an entire post of mine was deleted because I called Cruisers "brown ships" although on the WoWs Homepage Stats Page Cruisers are represented by the color brown...!

 

 

 

We make the final determination on what is and isn't allowed based on these rules, please trust us to apply some common sense to it.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,377 posts
11,978 battles
3 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Do I really need to explain to you what kind of functions we mean here!?

 

In the spirit of international understanding we might require hand drawn examples of violations of said rule, just to avoid any misinterpretations based on language. :Smile_trollface:

 

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,586 posts
2,397 battles
13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

 

In the spirit of international understanding we might require hand drawn examples of violations of said rule, just to avoid any misinterpretations based on language. :Smile_trollface:

 

 

In b4 I get banned from forums...

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,674 battles
4 hours ago, MrConway said:

We make the final determination on what is and isn't allowed based on these rules, please trust us to apply some common sense to it.

 

unbenanntqounk.png

 

race.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
6 hours ago, MrConway said:

 

We make the final determination on what is and isn't allowed based on these rules, please trust us to apply some common sense to it.

WG and common sense?

Common--Really-noW-meme-6113.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
Alle 4/27/2018 alle 18:55, The_Dunk_Squad ha scritto:

A7Ua1y7oTQ6inEgW463C9w.png

 

Does this include body functions that you'd have to be inane to find offensive in? Ex. REM - Rapid Eye Movement, Mitosis, Neuron Pathway Diagram?

 

 

So, how does that affect clans like "BEWBS"?

 

23 ore fa, MrConway ha scritto:

please trust us to apply some common sense to it.

 

laugh.thumb.jpg.e386a822f6f9ac905f31054481a7cea0.jpg

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,049 posts
1 hour ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

unbenanntqounk.png

 

race.jpg

To be fair to @MrConway though (really, who would have thought I would ever say this :cap_haloween:), that was probably some Mod's doing. And.... well.... our mods tend to be.... erratic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OSC]
Players
2,735 posts
10,307 battles
7 hours ago, MrConway said:

We make the final determination on what is and isn't allowed based on these rules, please trust us to apply some common sense to it.

 

How good is your Croatian then Conway? :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,647 posts
6,674 battles
32 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

To be fair to @MrConway though (really, who would have thought I would ever say this :cap_haloween:), that was probably some Mod's doing. And.... well.... our mods tend to be.... erratic

 

I already had some PM's with said mod and yeah... Like in the Союз Советских Социалистических Республик, some are more equal than others...

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,049 posts
4 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

 

I already had some PM's with said mod and yeah... Like in the Союз Советских Социалистических Республик, some are more equal than others...

Are you aware you always have the right to appeal?

 

Probably too late now, but maybe it'll be usefull for next time (hope it doesn't come tho). You can ask the mod involved for an appeal, and he then should give you the name of the "boss of mods". My appeal was a year ago, so I'm not sure if the "boss" changed, but it was Abcioo at that time. You could just PM him.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Mitosis could refer to a certain disease in which you need chemotherapy/ surgery and/ or radiation treatment. Lol. I'm exaggerating OC. I hope that besides the "obvious" human body activities/ parts also reference to diseases are.

 

Still you got me on 1 thing OP. You're talking about my line of work. WTF do you mean with a " Neuron Pathway Diagram???" Injecting radioactive contrast fluid intra cerebral, leaving someone under a scanner for 24 hours and see how all the central and peripheral neuropathways light up? What in Earth's name would add to the diagnostic value in that? Please enlighten me. There might be a Nobel Prize with our name on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×