You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

[Co-Op] - Please consider removing Two Brothers map from rotation or adjust the Bot routes.

22 comments in this topic

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

Hi all,

Two Brothers is the worst possible map for Co-Op as an entire game can be wasted if the Bots decide to sail on the opposite flank to you and there is nothing you can do about it for at least 5+ minutes meaning, for Co-Op, the game will be almost over.

Attached is my last game, not 1 single bot out of 8 sailed on my side of the map and it took nearly 7 minutes from the start to sail into a position to finally shoot at anything, just in time for 4 salvos (1 minute of shooting at stern on BB's) before the game ended which just isn't fun for anyone (or the Fuso which was following me) however someone of the "good side" in a Bayern still did worse than me (no idea how).

Is there any way you can either adjust the bots route for this map to at least try and make the map more usable or, and this would be my preference, just remove it from rotation as it does not suit Co-Op as it current stands.

shot-18.04.27_17.01.38-0616.jpg

shot-18.04.27_16.57.38-0155.jpg

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
12 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

looks just like in randoms to me...

Dunno, bots are generally as good or even better that the average player :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
11 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

:Smile_teethhappy: Exactly as it should be.....Most of the co-op maps you know where the bots will come and all you have to do is sit and wait for them, at least in this map you actually have to make a decision on which way to go to find them so it's not completely boring playing co-op. 

• Cool 1

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles
21 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

In randoms the matches last much longer so there is always time to correct your position, most Co-Op games are over with-in 6-8 minutes, so a wrong choice on which side to sail of this map wrecks the whole game.

4 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

:Smile_teethhappy: Exactly as it should be.....Most of the co-op maps you know where the bots will come and all you have to do is sit and wait for them, at least in this map you actually have to make a decision on which way to go to find them so it's not completely boring playing co-op. 

You can do that if you want to play the game in a boring way. Instead try charging at them like I do, it's a huge amount of fun!

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
3 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

In randoms the matches last much longer so there is always time to correct your position, most Co-Op games are over with-in 6-8 minutes, so a wrong choice on which side to sail of this map wrecks the whole game.

You can do that if you want to play the game in a boring way. Instead try charging at them like I do, it's a huge amount of fun!

You obviously only play co-op so have to find a way that at least gives you a slight challenge....for me co-op is for practising new ships, working off a pink ship now and again, the odd mission and playing at lunchtime at work on a toaster pc with a graphic card from probably an old amstrad. 

Just because the bots on this map sometimes go the other way from you is no reason to try and get a map removed, it's just unlucky now and again. This is about the only co-op map where you can't predict their route, which is a good thing. Generally on a two cap map they charge straight through the centre.

• Cool 1

[IDDQD]
Players
1,785 posts
16,172 battles

so always choose midle flank, there will be someone

• Cool 1

Players
3,702 posts
7,346 battles
19 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

most Co-Op games are over with-in 6-8 minutes, so a wrong choice on which side to sail of this map wrecks the whole game.

The flip side of that is if it's only a 6-8 minute game, does it really matter if the occasional one doesn't work out.

Players
1,372 posts
5,380 battles

This thread is now seems to be getting replies from people who rarely play Co-Op (understandable that most are PvP players) and therefore don't/won't understand what the problem is so I'll not reply again, it's just not worth the hassle of trying to explain why this is a problem in a mode that some players just don't care about. I understand though, I wouldn't care about the latest PvP problems but I wouldn't join a PvP issues thread just to tell the OP that everything is fine in a game mode I rarely play but thats just me, I'm a nice guy.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
551 posts
8,741 battles

You had a single dd in that game, should've followed it (just like bots do). If there are more dds, then best option is to lurk somewhere in the middle, deal with anything that goes through the channel, then pick a flank.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

When I played some Coop just for fun, I actually experienced the same on this map. So I understand you and I think this really is a problem.

Best would be if no more than 2 ships can go mid and nearly half of the bots have to go to each side.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,204 posts
14,454 battles

Bots tend to stick together.

Use this knowledge to your advantage.

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
49 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

This thread is now seems to be getting replies from people who rarely play Co-Op (understandable that most are PvP players) and therefore don't/won't understand what the problem is so I'll not reply again, it's just not worth the hassle of trying to explain why this is a problem in a mode that some players just don't care about. I understand though, I wouldn't care about the latest PvP problems but I wouldn't join a PvP issues thread just to tell the OP that everything is fine in a game mode I rarely play but thats just me, I'm a nice guy.

Actually I have played around 1k coop battles (mostly lunchtime at work for 2 years or so) so fully entitled to answer your whine.

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

Its just like randoms all on one flank, happens on this map sometimes.

What you can be sure of on this map however is that at least two bots will always travel down the center channel, giving you easy kills if you wait to ambush them. Then you will see where the rest of the bots have gone, and can easily move to that flank to mop up.

[PORT]
[PORT]
Beta Tester, Players
182 posts
24,764 battles

Yes it is frustrating when they lemming train one side and you are on the other. But not a reason not to have the map in game.

For every time I find myself on the wrong side of the map, I have as many games being on the side they charge up.  Just the luck of the draw. Much like any pvp game

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
3 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

Two Brothers is the worst possible map for Co-Op as an entire game can be wasted if the Bots decide to sail on the opposite flank to you and there is nothing you can do about it for at least 5+ minutes meaning, for Co-Op, the game will be almost over.

Attached is my last game, not 1 single bot out of 8 sailed on my side of the map and it took nearly 7 minutes from the start to sail into a position to finally shoot at anything, just in time for 4 salvos (1 minute of shooting at stern on BB's) before the game ended which just isn't fun for anyone (or the Fuso which was following me) however someone of the "good side" in a Bayern still did worse than me (no idea how).

Is there any way you can either adjust the bots route for this map to at least try and make the map more usable or, and this would be my preference, just remove it from rotation as it does not suit Co-Op as it current stands.

shot-18.04.27_17.01.38-0616.jpg

shot-18.04.27_16.57.38-0155.jpg

This it's the problem of all co-op battles, not enough bots.

Doing well can be a lot related with luck, if the bots choose you.

In one of my best games on this map I've got lucky.

I didn't suck and the bots choose my side., the same side of your bots.

I sunk four and I just fired a couple of rounds with my gneise (torped two bb, sunk one CA and rammed a nurberg I closed the distance aggressively to not being torped by it, but the rudder time was not the same as the cls, so I could not avoid it ).

But I just can't go over 4.

In this battles I just wait for a bit longer or don't commit to a side too early, in other battles I just go full steam ahead.

either way all comes down to luck.

Apparently you didn't have any in this game.

even so, your results are superior to mine (you got 1764, 1049) I usually get 600 in a good day, twice I got 800 and 900  but it was with premium days.

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
551 posts
8,741 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Doing well can be a lot related with luck, if the bots choose you.

OR you can be the chosen one - play dds. 1 gaede vs 5 bbs? No problem.

GRwiqRB.jpg

THEF93Y.jpg

*cough*dat xp*cough*wg pls*cough*

Players
3,031 posts
7,141 battles
6 hours ago, IanH755 said:

I play coop a lot, and yes also without missions. I would not like this map be removed from coop map rotation. Yes I understand it's a gamble but I don't really mind.

57 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

OR you can be the chosen one - play dds. 1 gaede vs 5 bbs? No problem.

Hide contents

GRwiqRB.jpg

THEF93Y.jpg

*cough*dat xp*cough*wg pls*cough*

It's without daily win, without premium and without premium camo (I got the DoY campaign one on my Gaede), so not really much.

Players
2,477 posts
14,599 battles
7 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Hi all,

Two Brothers is the worst possible map for Co-Op...

I am not sure it is the worst Co-Op map, but it is probably close.

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
18 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I play coop a lot, and yes also without missions. I would not like this map be removed from coop map rotation. Yes I understand it's a gamble but I don't really mind.

It's without daily win, without premium and without premium camo (I got the DoY campaign one on my Gaede), so not really much.

Not really much because of the rewards discrepancies.

If this battle was in random it would be...

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
551 posts
8,741 battles
8 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

Not really much because of the rewards discrepancies.

If this battle was in random it would be...

Took a look at my old pvp screenshots:

70k dmg, no caps (was it standard?), 1 kill in st luis, tier 3-4 game, defeat - 971xp

79k dmg, 2 solo caps (domination),  3 kills in mutsuki, tier 4-5 game, defeat - 1010xp

No premium, no premcamo, no flags, same as in gaede game. Clearly sucking in pvp is more profitable than doing your best in coop.