_Aceism_

A few questions about WoWs

13 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
132 battles

Ok I'm going to get straight into it.

In all cases all torps hit and they all arm in time

1. Say i was in a Khabarovsk, Right next to a Yamato's broadside, and I launched all my torps (let's say they ALL hit). Would it die? If so how many would i have to fire?

2. same as above except i was in a Shimakaze equipped with most damaging torps. If so how many would i have to fire?

3. Last one about broadsiding torps(sorry), AGAIN same as above but with a Gearing. If so how many would i have to fire?

Sorry about all of the ones above just wondering :)

The 'If so how many would i have to fire?' Part is optional but pls say :(

Also I NEED to know about Question 1!!!     (I might get the Khabarovsk 1 day not sure how good the torps are though).

I'm this was All very random but... Well... I wonder alot...

Thankyou!

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

We are talking about broadside, so lets assume all torpedos hit Yamatos torpedo belt.

Yamato has 97200 hitpoints and 55% torpedo protection.

1. Khaba torps do 19500 damage, 8775 on torpedo belt. That means you'd need 12 torpedo hits to sink it. Only having 10 torpedos, Khaba can't kill a Yamato this way.

If however two torpedos hit left/right of the torpedo belt, it should sink.

2. Shima torps 23766 damage, 10695 on torpedo belt. That means 10 Shima torps will sink a Yamato and it has to use only 2 of 3 launchers.

3. Gearing torps 17900 damage, 8055 on torpedo belt. 10 torpedo hits result in 80550 damage and therefore can't sink a Yamato. You'd need 13 torpedo hits to sink it, or, as with Khaba, 2 torpedos have to hit next to the torpedo belt.

(All calculations without flooding.)

• Cool 2

Players
804 posts
12,827 battles

About the general meaning of your questions (how many torpedoes are needed on each case)... it depends on where they hit. There's a mechanic called damage saturation: ships are divided in a few sections with their own healthpools, being the total HP of those more than the ship's HP when added, so if you damage one of them until it's gone then no more damage would be added by the subsequent hits to that section. That means that you'd prefer hitting evenly along the ship, dealing damage to all parts, so you substract ship HP consistently until sunk. There's also the torpedo bulge damage reduction: the damage dealt by the torpedoes gets lessened by a certain percentage (different for each ship) if they hit somewhere protected by it. I don't know the values for Khabarovsk nor Gearing's torpedoes, but I'd assume that around 8 or more would be needed, which basically means at least 2 launchers for every DD you named and considering the hypothetical scenario.

About using Khabarovsk for torpedo attacks, only in ambushes with cover: she has the worst concealment for a DD but she's nimble when fighting at distance, hence people prefer sailing around unobstructed (open waters) and burning big fat targets with her.

Salute.

• Cool 1

Players
15 posts
132 battles

Thankful for the replies and is the yamato the ship with the most hit points?

And combining what you both said that the torp belt would absorb A lot of damage and that the ship would have damage saturation if have to hit some on the torp belt some on the bow and some on stern ??

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles
Vor 1 Minute, _Aceism_ sagte:

Thankful for the replies and is the yamato the ship with the most hit points?

Nope, Großer Kurfürst has more (105800). But Yamato has the best torpedo protection, so every other ship will need same or less torpedo hits to sink.

Vor 3 Minuten, _Aceism_ sagte:

And combining what you both said that the torp belt would absorb A lot of damage and that the ship would have damage saturation if have to hit some on the torp belt some on the bow and some on stern ??

Yes, spreading your hits on the whole ship would be best.

Players
15 posts
132 battles
6 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

About the general meaning of your questions (how many torpedoes are needed on each case)... it depends on where they hit. There's a mechanic called damage saturation: ships are divided in a few sections with their own healthpools, being the total HP of those more than the ship's HP when added, so if you damage one of them until it's gone then no more damage would be added by the subsequent hits to that section. That means that you'd prefer hitting evenly along the ship, dealing damage to all parts, so you substract ship HP consistently until sunk. There's also the torpedo bulge damage reduction: the damage dealt by the torpedoes gets lessened by a certain percentage (different for each ship) if they hit somewhere protected by it. I don't know the values for Khabarovsk nor Gearing's torpedoes, but I'd assume that around 8 or more would be needed, which basically means at least 2 launchers for every DD you named and considering the hypothetical scenario.

About using Khabarovsk for torpedo attacks, only in ambushes with cover: she has the worst concealment for a DD but she's nimble when fighting at distance, hence people prefer sailing around unobstructed (open waters) and burning big fat targets with her.

Salute.

So I would probably try to sneak... Cough... Speed around the side of the map and launch torpedoes at targets 

Players
15 posts
132 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Nope, Großer Kurfürst has more (105800). But Yamato has the best torpedo protection, so every other ship will need same or less torpedo hits to sink.

Yes, spreading your hits on the whole ship would be best.

Ok so Khabarovsk will sink any other ship in 1 torp salvo (if they all hit) not including German tier 10 or yamato torp belt

Players
15 posts
132 battles

Also using the Khabarovsk 's speed you can dodge  battle ship rounds

Edited by _Aceism_
Autocorrect :P