Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
creamgravy

PSA: 50% off premium camo for 7 days (doesn't include tier 10)

27 comments in this topic

Players
2,434 posts
15,503 battles

As per title, there's a 50% off sale on premium camo for 7 days. This doesn't include tier 10.

Time to get that lovely Fiji paint job. Oh and Cleveland for the US spit. 500 gold for tier 8 camo seems like a good deal.

• Cool 6

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles

Well, the only camo i which i don't have is the Alsace and Republique, but i haven't grinded the Richie yet.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,230 battles

By the same logic if you get the Baltimore one you should end up with free premium camo on new T8 Balti and Buffalo, No?

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Are there any ones that are recommended, except for the cleveland one?

If you are really comfy with a ship, you like it and want to keep it after the grind to play it and cuddle with it, then go for it. ^^

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,693 battles

Now let's speculate why they didn't include tier 10:

1) Tier10 is to some extend considered as end-game content, thus the difference in treatment.

2) Or, this is WG being considerate. As WG just sold some expensive 8000-gold tier 10 'spaceship' camos very recently, if a perma-camo (albeit not as shiny) can now be bought for 2500, I don't think those who just spent a fortune on the spaceship camos would feel too happy.

• Cool 1

Players
4,379 posts
7,767 battles

Cleveland is certainly on "to buy" list. I wonder if Prinz Eugen alternate camo is discounted too

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,693 battles
1 minute ago, Panocek said:

Cleveland is certainly on "to buy" list. I wonder if Prinz Eugen alternate camo is discounted too

Sadly no, the discount is only for re researchable ships. 

Players
3,039 posts
7,160 battles
3 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Musashi alternate camo is not discounted, I don't have Prinz Eugen.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,718 posts
9,928 battles

Shame, I would've forked over some of my doubloons to get a handful tier X camouflages if they were discounted.

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,365 posts
11,280 battles
3 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

1) Tier10 is to some extend considered as end-game content, thus the difference in treatment.

2) Or, this is WG being considerate. As WG just sold some expensive 8000-gold tier 10 'spaceship' camos very recently, if a perma-camo (albeit not as shiny) can now be bought for 2500, I don't think those who just spent a fortune on the spaceship camos would feel too happy.

Well, the t10 camo might bring the most obvious quality change. 100% XP buff, substantially reduced service cost and... was it more credits too? Not sure atm. Anyway - t10 premium camo changes "pay credits to play unless you're running premium or are really good" ships into the "prints credits like crazy" kind.

As for spaceship camo - I really doubt you're right. If someone was calculating and wanted bonuses, he'd be f*cked up in the head to spend 8k instead of 5k in the first place. The people who spent 8k on the spaceships were people who, well, wanted the spaceships, not the bonuses (these are just there so that the buyers aren't screwed out off the economy benefits by sailing a spaceship). The only way they would be made unhappy was if the discount included the possibility of buying the space camos for half price. Regular ones just aren't what they were willing to pay these 8k gold for.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,438 battles

Bugger over spent 500 Dubloons. Bought Cleveland camo 2 weeks ago...

Never mind...

As for space camo's..Imagination the hate if they reduced them 2 weeks after releasing them

[BONI]
Players
1,133 posts
9,974 battles

Well I splurged on Mahan camo, despite knowing the ship is a bit, eh, suboptimal. It has some interesting things going for it and I like the quirkier playstyles.

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles

Also a bit of heads-up, guys:

In-game premium camos seem to be 50% off.

EDIT: Oh my God, I am an idiot. I was about to write that the UPGRADES are discounted as well.

Players
1,647 posts
6,701 battles

"Lucky" me I bought a prem. camo on wednsday for my Fiji... Thank you wargaming.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,025 posts
24,254 battles
18 hours ago, tamagotchi said:

Most nr 1 I think, to spend 4000 doubloons on t9 and 3000 on T8 is prohibitive if you do not intend to play it, at T10 with a high end captain the premium camos which I bought in the summer last year at effectively 50% off (summer sales on premium ships which I already had in port) are in the long run , very good for collecting elite XP. Less so on a T9. Even though I have a few. on T8 and 9. I have quite many on T6 and 7 already in the newer lines RN FR BBs and FR CAs.

But now with 50 % off for the first time ever I might consider a few also on the lower tiers, however there has been several gift camos from missions so I need less than I think.

I have not bought any yet as I am pondering of which, but Nagato and Cleveland at least, maybe Baltimore, Akizuki and Fletcher. Bismarcks T8 camo was so nice so i bought it immediately when I recieved that ship long ago, but otherwise it is a calculation if I think I want to play the ship after grind and the overall camo situation. 

If you have more money than time so to speak even 1000 /2000 doubloons on T6 7 can be worth it, i like the mid tiers a lot so it is nice to have prem camos, and several captains on my mid tier ships are in the 13-15 region so there might be a long term hope for 19 if I really push for it in combination with elite XP and flags. I have restructured my captain development startegy since after the eliteXP thing in long terms and permacamos are included in that strategy, combined with all the single use camos (mission/boxes) that I have. "Problem" is that I have now grinded so far and with many permanent prem camos the need for the single use are lessened , have around 1800 single use prem camos in stock so it is not only a question of money , but the question do I need them at all.

But some I will buy, have gold that I can not find any use for (Roma in tech tree where are you?).

[H_FAN]
Players
2,025 posts
24,254 battles
18 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Bugger over spent 500 Dubloons. Bought Cleveland camo 2 weeks ago...

Never mind...

As for space camo's..Imagination the hate if they reduced them 2 weeks after releasing them

True, I bought finally one the GK as I did not have the usual Prem camo for that ship. 

However I am somewhat surprised that there has not ever been an offer on permacamos at least say in the 25% region for example during Black Friday once a year or so.As most other things has been on sale.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't resist and bought one for Queen George the Filth.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,025 posts
24,254 battles

Update, bought the Texas and Graf Spee deal to get cheap doubloons and bought a whole lot of discounted perma camos, USN, Iowa, Fletcher, Baltimore, North Carolina, Cleveland , IJN Akizuki, Nagato RN Fiji

Have premacamos on nearly everything else I play in the T6-9 region , might buy a few more as with the Texas/Graf Spee deal if you have those ships the prizes are effectively in the 25 % region for th ecamos that you cover with this amount o gold, Hey I might even buy the Emerald camo....

Makes me think I am completely fooled of course by the WG marketing tacticts, but when you recieve gold compensation at the same time with a useful discount I think it is time to act like in the summer sales.

Regardless if you buy those packages for gold returns of duplicates you can get effectively 2 Prem T10 Camos for 50% off those you do not get the deal for. You may reason like that also @Aotearas

Update: It seems that the Graf Spee+texas duplicate gave me 10350 gold + the stars stripe 2 port slots +captains  I adress you also @Humorpalanta , @principat121 as you reacted to Aoteras post, somehow I could not link more folks.

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,497 battles
1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

Update, bought the Texas and Graf Spee deal to get cheap doubloons and bought a whole lot of discounted perma camos, USN, Iowa, Fletcher, Baltimore, North Carolina, Cleveland , IJN Akizuki, Nagato RN Fiji

Have premacamos on nearly everything else I play in the T6-9 region , might buy a few more as with the Texas/Graf Spee deal if you have those ships the prizes are effectively in the 25 % region for th ecamos that you cover with this amount o gold, Hey I might even buy the Emerald camo....

Makes me think I am completely fooled of course by the WG marketing tacticts, but when you recieve gold compensation at the same time with a useful discount I think it is time to act like in the summer sales.

Regardless if you buy those packages for gold returns of duplicates you can get effectively 2 Prem T10 Camos for 50% off those you do not get the deal for. You may reason like that also @Aotearas

Update: It seems that the Graf Spee+texas duplicate gave me 10350 gold + the stars stripe 2 port slots +captains  I adress you also @Humorpalanta , @principat121 as you reacted to Aoteras post, somehow I could not link more folks.

I don't remember how much gold I got tbh. I bought Ischi and Texas I guess. But I could afford a couple of perma camos.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,718 posts
9,928 battles
4 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Naw, I have plenty doubloons. I'm just waiting for something to spend those on, so unless I get a discount on tier X perma-camouflages, I'll wait and see what the next tech-tree premium ship rotation washes up the shore and spend my doubloons there.

[POI--]
Players
4,321 posts
5,411 battles

Considered it for Amagi, but seeing as it's just +50% exp and -10% repair cost, I felt that the returns were a bit little vs slapping one of the hundreds of weird camos onto it or just running standard camo and not caring. Main issue to me is, that for credit grinding, -10% repair cost and not paying 22k on the camo is a bit meager and what do I need +50% exp on a ship that I already researched fully? I rather wait for having enough doubloons to buy a premium ship, where the exp actually benefits whatever commander I can train on it and credit returns look better. T10 would be a different deal with the massive 50% repair cost reduction, but well...

Sign in to follow this