Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
PaxMaggie

Getting warning points without doing something wrong

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
132 posts
5,986 battles

Im sorry if this is the wrong section, if it is pls move it or delete it and tell me where to share this.

 

this happend today, i got a warning point for leaving the battle early. I was dead! (took two unfortunate torps) I shouldnt get a penalty for goin to port if im dead. 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.04.27 - 13.44.42.14.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
132 posts
5,986 battles

being at risk receiving a warning point is the same as getting a warning point...... 

my point is something like this shouldnt happen just because i was an idiot at that moment.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PLO]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,738 posts
Just now, PaxMaggie said:

being at risk receiving a warning point is the same as getting a warning point...... 

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SPUDS]
[SPUDS]
Players
247 posts
10,213 battles

You left before they hit you? I highly doubt that you get this warning if you are dead and then leave the battle. If this was really the case this might be a bug. So write the support or post it in the bug thread. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,049 posts
5,835 battles
2 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

i left after i got BOOM......ok i post it in the bug thread

 

it may be best to post a replay as well.

 

I think the replay runs to the point that you quit the battle (not before).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,716 posts
9,928 battles
38 minutes ago, Greyshark said:

You didn’t get any warning point. Please read carefully the message.

I did and it quite clearly says "Warning received 1" ...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
1,047 posts
3,371 battles

While a replay would be nice, it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility that somewhere in the newly introduced code in the warning system that checks the state when the player leaves a match, there is an "else if(timeleft > x){....}" that ends up having higher priority than "else if (ship.destroyed()){....}".

 

Not going to criticize too much, 'cause I've made exactly the same type of mistake myself countless times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
3,399 posts
12,057 battles

If anyone thought this system would be bug free, then he should check himself first. This is WG we are talking here.

But it's good to know that quitting the battle after death might make me pink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
3,204 posts
12,612 battles

Maybe this is a combined tutorial-punishment. You potato early, you sit through and learn until the end of the battle, otherwise a warning.. :cap_hmm:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,093 posts
9,469 battles
1 hour ago, PaxMaggie said:

Im sorry if this is the wrong section, if it is pls move it or delete it and tell me where to share this.

 

this happend today, i got a warning point for leaving the battle early. I was dead! (took two unfortunate torps) I shouldnt get a penalty for goin to port if im dead. 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.04.27 - 13.44.42.14.png

 

Did you check settings window during battle or after you were destroyed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
132 posts
5,986 battles
Just now, Sigimundus said:

 

Did you check settings window during battle or after you were destroyed?

i dont know what u mean by that, i was in battle, died, left and in the next i was pink, so i checked why and found this......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,093 posts
9,469 battles
5 minutes ago, PaxMaggie said:

i dont know what u mean by that, i was in battle, died, left and in the next i was pink, so i checked why and found this......

I asked because one of my friends reports that he get a warning of leaving the battle early and nice pink color when he opens Settings window during the battle

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles
3 hours ago, PaxMaggie said:

Im sorry if this is the wrong section, if it is pls move it or delete it and tell me where to share this.

 

this happend today, i got a warning point for leaving the battle early. I was dead! (took two unfortunate torps) I shouldnt get a penalty for goin to port if im dead. 

The game has some simple algorithms that deem whether you participated in the battle or not (based on damage dealt, planes shot down, distance traveled etc) - I don't know them exactly but perhaps the text is misleading and in reality you did so little that the game believed that you went AFK? Have you received any XP for the battle?

I know I've once seen a player that moved from spawn, managed even to enter a cap but then got briefly deleted and ended up with 0 XP - something that normally only happens to AFKers. Maybe that"s what happened to you due to these unfortunate torps you mention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles

I played 5 Coop battles and got my ship sunk in three of them, i left all three battles right after i was sunk and didn't get a warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,284 posts
10,752 battles

Could it be because of the 0 damage done?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,716 posts
9,928 battles
15 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Could it be because of the 0 damage done?

Good catch, might be that the automatic system equals "You have not proven yourself in battle" kinda performances as being AFK.

 

Then again as long as you weren't afk, moved around a bit and spotted a ship or two players get some XP as opposed to the 0 XP results for AFKers, hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,723 posts
7,569 battles
5 hours ago, PaxMaggie said:

being at risk receiving a warning point is the same as getting a warning point...... 

 

No!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
17 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Good catch, might be that the automatic system equals "You have not proven yourself in battle" kinda performances as being AFK.

 

Then again as long as you weren't afk, moved around a bit and spotted a ship or two players get some XP as opposed to the 0 XP results for AFKers, hmm.

No he (she?) did travel 21km. So no AFK. Unless hitting "W"4 times and then go away but I don't believe one can survive a 21 km trip that way. Also don't believe he hit "S" and went AFK: he did spot 4 ships. So it might have been a "not proven" battle. But not AFK. I quit matches in which I was destroyed as well without issues. My only explanation I can think of OP hit the quit button the second he got blown up, perhaps having a ms of delay to the server to process his destruction. A bit the same principle as used to happen sometimes in the past: completing a mission but not getting the reward right away. So when destroyed I'll wait a couple of seconds before leaving. I usually do that to see how the match is going. And when I see good play I'll stick around to play "admiral" and give advice: 4 eyes are seeing more than 2. That way I can still contribute to the match.

 

Edit: I just now see OP launched torpedo's as well. So that's proof enough he wasn't AFK. So just a very bad match for him (seen it, been there, done it OP. So don't worry) but no reason to give him a warning/ penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,564 posts
8,261 battles

Might be intentional or a bug.

 

Since there is more granularity in the punishment system now, WG might have decided to broaden the definition of "unsportsmanlike conduct" to include getting killed without "proving yourself" (no damage done, planes shot down, points capped etc). Maybe including additional requirements like time spent in battle or distance traveled.

I wouldn't sweat it too much. This isn't something which happens often, unless you're a complete potato. A single warning does essentially nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,716 posts
9,928 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

No he (she?) did travel 21km. So no AFK. Unless hitting "W"4 times and then go away but I don't believe one can survive a 21 km trip that way. Also don't believe he hit "S" and went AFK: he did spot 4 ships. So it might have been a "not proven" battle. But not AFK. I quit matches in which I was destroyed as well without issues. My only explanation I can think of OP hit the quit button the second he got blown up, perhaps having a ms of delay to the server to process his destruction. A bit the same principle as used to happen sometimes in the past: completing a mission but not getting the reward right away. So when destroyed I'll wait a couple of seconds before leaving. I usually do that to see how the match is going. And when I see good play I'll stick around to play "admiral" and give advice: 4 eyes are seeing more than 2. That way I can still contribute to the match.

 

Edit: I just now see OP launched torpedo's as well. So that's proof enough he wasn't AFK. So just a very bad match for him (seen it, been there, done it OP. So don't worry) but no reason to give him a warning/ penalty.

 

I'm not saying OP was AFK.

 

I'm just brainstorming if the detection system falsely equated a 0 damage game as the same as being inactive. Because as you said, OP was quite evidently not AFK at all. And according to the rules as they stand regarding the new system, you would only get penalized for leaving the battle early if you quit before sinking, so (assuming OP isn't spinning a load of bullocks), something with the detection system isn't working as it should and I'm throwing around wild guesses as to what it could be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
161 posts
5,853 battles

smells like a kagaro , playing aggressively, possibly in smoke , possibly in a cap, certainly engaged with a DD , 4 ships spotted, 10 torps spotted, 2 of which were unavoidable....i.e. what happens to 50% of DDs about 5 minutes in ,... if they all starting being banished to co-op it will be interesting watching 20 BBs circling the 4 sunken CA's in the caps at 20KM  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
42 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

And according to the rules as they stand regarding the new system, you would only get penalized for leaving the battle early if you quit before sinking, so (assuming OP isn't spinning a load of bullocks), something with the detection system isn't working as it should and I'm throwing around wild guesses as to what it could be.

 

Has anyone considered that it is simply a mistake in wording:

"Leaving the battle early" might be used for actually leaving early as well as for not proving yourself (to punish botting and people who would suicide early). So maybe there is another type of warning message, not displayed because of a bug. Or it might be an oversight in not providing other type of warnings.

 

It would be nice if there was value of base XP gained in match shown in the initial post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×