You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tamagotchi

PSA: Some nice deals in the premium shops right now

40 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles

Still not on the website yet, but if you go to shop, you'll see some special deals called 'starter deal' or 'steam * DLC', which are actually pretty nice. Those packages feature low/mid tier ships (texas, ishizuchi, etc.) with around 50% discount. The packages do include other stuff, but the deals are still good if you only value the ship+port slot part. As the packages are not very expensive (somewhere from 4 to 8 quid), they won't make a big dent to your wallet as well. So you may want to have a look if you'd like to play some of these ships or buy some discounted gold if you already have these ships in port.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

Players
2,429 posts
15,503 battles

Both Graff Spee and Anshan package should net you 5,200 gold + pot slot (if you already have the ship, Texas is worth 5,150 gold, maybe you get something for the camo? :cap_hmm:)

[TIPC]
Players
252 posts
10,697 battles

Got all the ships,definetly grabbing the Suchi-one for 2500Doubloon,sounds like an nice deal.

But the others...what is this Steam DLC-thing means?

All for I know the steam version and the standard WG one got different accs,if I correct?

So if its gives a code for steam to type in that is usless.(for me at least)

Beta Tester
2,423 posts
9,422 battles
4 minutes ago, Bmsrt said:

But the others...what is this Steam DLC-thing means?

All for I know the steam version and the standard WG one got different accs,if I correct?

So if its gives a code for steam to type in that is usless.(for me at least)

It is just the name. Got the doubloon compensation for the ships. 

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles

What is the dubloon equivalent for Graf, Anshan and Texas?

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
1 minute ago, EdiJo said:

What is the dubloon equivalent for Graf, Anshan and Texas?

Anshan: 3700

Texas: 5150

Graf Spee: 4700

Ishizuchi: 2500

Yubari: 2250

Source: 

• Cool 7

[TIPC]
Players
252 posts
10,697 battles
3 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

It is just the name. Got the doubloon compensation for the ships. 

Thanks!

(probably grabbing the Texas one too then(fancy cammo+Doubloons)

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles

Some deals seem pretty good. I definitely going to grab graff spee. I was expecting scharnhorst to buy it as KM CA captain trainer, but for this price, graff spee is a good choice. Also interested on Anshan, but not sure if I will enjoy that ship. If not getting it, then probably will get the texas for the doublons exchange...

Can someone tell me a little bit the anshan play style?

Players
961 posts
4,957 battles
9 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Hard hitting guns with painfully slow traverse. Good speed, nice, fast 8km torps, decent concealment. 

She suffers when uptiered, but only has the Farragut to fear at her tier. I got her from a sc once. Didn't play her all that much, but she is quite fun. The problem is that she needs a dedicated captain who has expert marksman. Not a good captain trainer in this regard. 

Forgot to mention: her smokes are decent, but not the amazing pa dd ones, more like German smokes tbh.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
7 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Some deals seem pretty good. I definitely going to grab graff spee. I was expecting scharnhorst to buy it as KM CA captain trainer, but for this price, graff spee is a good choice. Also interested on Anshan, but not sure if I will enjoy that ship. If not getting it, then probably will get the texas for the doublons exchange...

it's a Fushun with normal smoke and non-deepwater torps, or a Gnevny with double the torpedo range. Very solid allrounder, but you pretty much need expert marksman for those hand-cranked turrets :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
4 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Anshan is basically Gremyashchy being place at tier 6. She is a very versatile ship as she has great guns and usable torps. You should try to stay alive, play around concealment and use her torp more often at the opening of the match but quickly switch to just bullying everyone with your guns when the danger of being focus fired to death decreases as the match progresses. I haven't being player her for a long while, so take my words with a pinch of salt. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,429 posts
15,503 battles

Fushun is quite a bit better and it's free (stealthier by 200m, faster rudder, high tier smoke, stealthier torpedoes etc) although I expect her get nerfed eventually.

Reasons to buy Anshan.

+ 100% free XP camo bonus.

+ Can't be nerfed!

+ Museum ship!

+ Can now use captain on Shenyang, JianWai, Fushun, Gadja Mada or maybe even HungHe (aka something that wants Expert marksman)

Really tempted but I'm preparing my butt for full price Cossack.

• Cool 2

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
214 posts
3,797 battles

Hi! I've a couple of questions:

1) I buyed Ishizuchi in July in the game client at -50%, so 1250 doubloons;

2) I received Texas as a gift for having Twitch Prime;

3) I'm going to buy Yubari (19 points Zao captain :Smile_teethhappy:) from the client at -50%, so 1125 doubloons

What will happen if I buy all the offers regarding those ships in the premium shop using real money?

A) I'll receive their full doubloon value?

B) I'll receive the doubloon I payed for them (so -50% for both Ishi and Yubari)?

C) I'll receive the doubloon value of the premium shop offer (so -82% for Ishi, - 62% for Texas and -50% for Yubari)?

P.S. Will the Texas follow this rule being a "gift" ship from Twitch or I'll receive only the credit value?

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
11 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

A) I'll receive their full doubloon value?

This, so, good for you:)

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,902 posts
5,794 battles

The answer is D). You'll recieve however many doubloons those ships currently are in the tech tree. So if they're full price in the tech tree you'll recieve full value. If they're discounted in the tech tree, you'll get the duscounted amount

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles

This is a 180 degree change from what we experienced up until now when it comes to shop offers. So, good job WG.

Bought the Ichi and the Anshan for discounted doubloons. Will probably buy the Texas to have all 3 premium camos, as I bought the Save Texas bundle before.

Also:

There's a discount on permanent premium camos! The first time they did it!

I used my doubloons to buy several discounted camos for my T7 ships.

[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles

It was handled like that before.

Many people got a lot of cheap Doubloons during the summer sales.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

Many thanks for this! :Smile_honoring:

I am re-buying my Premium ships and getting 50% OFF for Doubloons (with "Special Offer for You")... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
16 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

There's a discount on permanent premium camos! The first time they did it!

Well, it doesn't include Tier 10, which I guess is where perma camos are most useful. Nonetheless, 50% discount straight to tier 9 is still a very, very good start. Since discount on perma-camo is becoming a thing now, I'll keep my hope high that eventually it will happen for tier 10, one day.

By the way, if you have Cleveland in port, I'd certainly recommend buying perma-camo for her right now at the discounted cost of 500 gold. If the US line-split will be handled in the same way as before, you'll get two perma camo after the split, one for thew new tier-6 light cruiser and one for the new tier-8 Cleveland.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles
2 minutes ago, tamagotchi said:

Well, it doesn't include Tier 10, which I guess is where perma camos are most useful. Nonetheless, 50% discount straight to tier 9 is still a very, very good start. 

I must say there are enough silver ships below tier 10 that are interesting with Permanent Camo. The discount is great for people like me, who now have a perma camo on really weak ships like the Lyon and the Gadjah Mada... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

Some nice inexpensive doubloons - thanks for the heads-up OP!

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
113 posts
6,672 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I must say there are enough silver ships below tier 10 that are interesting with Permanent Camo. The discount is great for people like me, who now have a perma camo on really weak ships like the Lyon and the Gadjah Mada... :Smile_trollface:

The special attractiveness of tier 10 is that you know you're always top tier, so no more frustrating situation of having brain-dead top tier players in your team throwing the game away while you couldn't do a whole lot to carry. Sure, you still see people doing stupid things in tier 10 matches and you still get the fair share of losses, but you'll always be able to do something significant no matter what. 

[CATS]
Players
15,923 posts
11,172 battles

Most people can do something significant better at lower tier.

The WR of most players goes down with tier (with exceptions).