Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

As expected... with new Ranked season #9 the "Asashio" is now available in "Premium Shop"...

127 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

 

As expected... with new Ranked season #9 the "Asashio" is now available in "Premium Shop"... :Smile_hiding:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
340 posts
7,889 battles

Bought the “ cheap “ package. I have no delusions of being any good in it but it should be fun just for the salt in the chat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,802 battles
2 minutes ago, peoplescavalry said:

Bought the “ cheap “ package. I have no delusions of being any good in it but it should be fun just for the salt in the chat!

if you have fun it is than it is good ship for you (if you totaly dont [edited]your team with abmisal pay)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles

Does it even have a choice besides the utterly useless Deepwater ? 

 

At least, please, don't play that crap ship in ranked battle. :Smile_facepalm:

 

Asashio is a tier VII, why WG decided to add it like that is beyond me. This is just a bad ship in every way. Pan Asia DD have gun firepower to kill DD and the torps can catch cruisers. Asashio is simply powerless against 3 out of 4 classes in the game : no AA, no firepower, can't torp CA and DD... :Smile_facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

 

10 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

Does it even have a choice besides the utterly useless Deepwater ? 

 

At least, please, don't play that crap ship in ranked battle. :Smile_facepalm:

 

Asashio is a tier VII, why WG decided to add it like that is beyond me. This is just a bad ship in every way. Pan Asia DD have gun firepower to kill DD and the torps can catch cruisers. Asashio is simply powerless against 3 out of 4 classes in the game : no AA, no firepower, can't torp CA and DD... :Smile_facepalm:

 

My 1st Ranked #9 game today... 4 BBs per side... enemy Asashio did great job in area denial... unstoppable... :Smile_sad:

 

 

Leo "Apollo11"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,139 posts
4,418 battles

Ok so now BB have a good excuze to stay in line B. I guess I will mostly play my Lo Yang then ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,427 posts
15,503 battles
1 minute ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

My 1st Ranked #9 game today... 4 BBs per side... enemy Asashio did great job in area denial... unstoppable... :Smile_sad:

 

I'm guessing Umikaze would be unstoppable in ranked at this time in the morning. :cap_haloween:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts

Bought it, and played one game in it so far just to test it out. 110k damage. Not too shabby at all. A little dissappointed in the credits. If I wasn't running premium account, I would only have made 60k after paying for everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,881 posts
12,596 battles
43 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Bought it, and played one game in it so far just to test it out. 110k damage. Not too shabby at all. A little dissappointed in the credits. If I wasn't running premium account, I would only have made 60k after paying for everything.

Well, you are after all farming damage on BBs. Which generally yields the least buck per damagepoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles

Ugh, no unbundled version...

 

How long will it be in the shop for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,802 battles
7 minutes ago, VC381 said:

Ugh, no unbundled version...

 

How long will it be in the shop for?

there is just ship in shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
5,819 battles
13 minutes ago, VC381 said:

Ugh, no unbundled version...

 

How long will it be in the shop for?

The unbundled ship costs £29.48 and come with a 0 point captain and 25 missions for the ship (200% XP per battle).

 

I'm not sure how long she will be available though.

 

Added the ship to my collectoin.   I'm going to use my Shima captain on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players
365 posts
2 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

   I'm going to use my Shima captain on her.

Having looked at my various captains, that was my choice, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles

That's not unbundled. A T8 DD (going by Lo Yang) should be £25 not £30. So basically they're charging £5 for the "privilege" of some bonus XP missions. Pfft...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,044 posts
5,819 battles
2 minutes ago, TigerMoth said:

Having looked at my various captains, that was my choice, too.

My other Japanese DD captain is also 19-points but that's set up for the Akizuki.

 

With the changes to the Shimakaze I may be tempted to take her out as well.   I've had really bad results with her so far (not that many games even though I've had her for more than six months).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
123 posts
3,141 battles

On one hand we have people calling it overpowered and on the other we have a bunch of people (Mostly the same guys in other hand) buying it because no problem, isn't it?

No-Problem-Bruce-Willis-Gif.gif  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,901 posts
5,783 battles
8 minutes ago, GeneralSavage said:

On one hand we have people calling it overpowered and on the other we have a bunch of people (Mostly the same guys in other hand) buying it because no problem, isn't it?

No-Problem-Bruce-Willis-Gif.gif  

Well excitingly you have people calling it broken overpowered, and people calling it utterly useless.

You then get the enemy reporting them (omg broken!) While their own team reports them (Omg useless!)

 

I'll probably be picking it up, it looks challneging to use effectively (i.e do damage AND still contribute towards winning)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SOCKS]
Players
783 posts
5,479 battles

Well, seems is time to put WOWS in the freezer again. Seems each 3-4 months I play it WG decides to f*ck it up by some stupid decision that just makes me take my leave. First time I stopped playing for 10-ish months, second for almost a year, we'll see how long this one lasts.

Massive shame anyway. Almost everything else they've brought to the game with the latest updates was good or very good, but they had to ignore their CCs, they had to ignore most of the community in this forums (all polls about this abortion of a ship show a 66%-ish opposition to the introduction of this game, at minimum because usually the % is higher). being against the introduction of that nonsensical abomination, and they had to introduce somethi1ng that will crap on gameplay so much because NOW BBs DO have a very valid reason not to leave spawn.

Well it's their game and their priviledge to not listen to their players. It's mine to pack up and play something else in my free time instead of a game whose developer, once again, has shown that doesn't give a crap about what their player feedback is.

I play mostly cruisers and DDs, BTW. Only BBs I give an use are the creditmakers (Tirpitz and Missouri), so on paper this ship doesn't hurt me personally that much. But I don't give a damn. This crap ship will worsen gameplay to a point I just don't give a damn about playing this anymore for the time being. I guess I'll come back at some point (same way I did twice before), hopefully by then the pure toxicity this ship will bring to the meta has gone away and noone plays it anymore...and if not I'm guessing I'll just give it even more time then. I'm not playing a game where BBs are finally justified in camping like morons (because if they don't they get four sticks of 5 70knot torpedoes at 20k damage apiece down their throat), and where there's a DD class which most players won't put near a cap area even if their lifes depended on it. Is as simple as that ,and is what's coming with the introduction of this absurd incredibly stupid brutal mistake by wargaming.
 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,427 posts
15,503 battles
31 minutes ago, VC381 said:

That's not unbundled. A T8 DD (going by Lo Yang) should be £25 not £30. So basically they're charging £5 for the "privilege" of some bonus XP missions. Pfft...

Lo Yang is old, cheap and Pan Asian. New ships from major factions are way more expensive, a tier 7 DD like Cossack is going to be £20!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles
4 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Lo Yang is old, cheap and Pan Asian. New ships from major factions are way more expensive, a tier 7 DD like Cossack is going to be £20!

 

Curse you for making sense :Smile-_tongue: still a slightly abusive marketing strategy.

 

To be honest I'm only annoyed because I gave in to the doubloon sale a couple of days ago and then WG release something I really wanted exactly when I just spent roughly that much and can't justify it. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,427 posts
15,503 battles
Just now, VC381 said:

 

Curse you for making sense :Smile-_tongue: still a slightly abusive marketing strategy.

 

To be honest I'm only annoyed because I gave in to the doubloon sale a couple of days ago and then WG release something I really wanted exactly when I just spent roughly that much and can't justify it. :Smile_sad:

 

Bad luck, hopefully they'll add it to the tech tree in 3-6 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×