You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Johnbuoy

Cloak of Invisibility

7 comments in this topic

Question

[HM-RN]
Players
25 posts
4,660 battles

How do ships in clear line of sight remain or become invisible, and still able to fire guns or torpedoes? Do they have special powers?

6 answers to this question

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles

No, their players just know the concealment system better than you.

Go to the top of the page to the wows wiki and please read up. If you do not, you will not have much fun in the game and remain a punching ball for the rest.

[HM-RN]
Players
25 posts
4,660 battles

Thank you gentlemen. I had been through the Wiki info repeatedly, and I thought I understood it. However this doesn't seem to explain how ships I draw a bead on or open fire at just disappear: the range hasn't changed, in fact sometimes it happens as I'm closing in: they just vanish, no smoke, just gone. I'll just keep plugging away I guess, but as Colonel Pete so aptly put it, I do very much feel like a punchball or practice target.

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,742 battles

Do you have a replay where this happens? We can probably help more if we actually see the situation.

But it sounds like your target shot something 20s before which means his detectability was then equal to his gun range. After 20s without shooting the detectability went back to its normal value.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
1 hour ago, Johnbuoy said:

However this doesn't seem to explain how ships I draw a bead on or open fire at just disappear: the range hasn't changed, in fact sometimes it happens as I'm closing in: they just vanish, no smoke, just gone.

When you fire your detection range extends to the maximum range of your guns for 20 seconds so either

• you saw them because they had recently fired, and despite you closing the distance they disappear because those 20s pass and their base spotting range is still lower than distance to you
  • someone else was spotting the ship, but no longer is so you too lose vision of them

[HM-RN]
Players
25 posts
4,660 battles

That explains all: the section on firing is now clear upon re-reading. Thanks again for your help.