dracken3

penalised for server drop

24 comments in this topic

[SHED]
Players
3 posts
6,720 battles

When i read about the new penalising solution, i thought good idea. That was untill i was dropped by the server and when i managed to finally get back on i was penalised. Its bad enough never knowing if you will be able to connect or not, but to get penalised for it is a bit rough. Just tried to start a new game, couldnt connect, hit connect 7 times before giving up. i'm off out now so no doubt i will now have gained another penalty..

[SHED]
Players
3 posts
6,720 battles

i played one game in random, changed ship and couldnt't connect. gave up. reloaded game about an hour later to play a random game, wouldnt connect, gave up after connect high lit 7 times. now, if i read this right i have to play 10 games in coop before i can go back to random. providing of course i can connect  each coop game. Played 2 games so far, so good.

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,823 battles
59 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So you got pink for like 2 games? Oh no! Just play them and you're fine

Is that really the answer though?

Should you get pink and be forced to play co-op if you DC due to a single disconnect?

Sounds like a hotpatch may fix it a little, no doubt we will find out from reddit.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,657 battles
2 hours ago, RobS80 said:

Should you get pink and be forced to play co-op if you DC due to a single disconnect?

pink = warning

orange = coop

Important difference right there

Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,823 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Pink does not force you into Co-Op...

20 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

pink = warning

orange = coop

Important difference right there

Either way, is 'meh just play 2 games' the correct answer?

Colours is just semantics. Putting you into co-op the same.

Feels a little like you are not taking a problem seriously.

Players
2 posts
16,443 battles

It seems everytime there is an update the game crashes. Surely the team can update the game and test it before it goes 'live'.

It has crashed twice this morning and three times tonight.

Come on lads - get your act together!

[ALYEN]
Players
1,020 posts
2,671 battles

Looks like the fun I predicted from the patch notes has started ...

Now imagine you have a warning and DC once more, it turns you orange ... By no fault of your own ... you just happen to have not so good a connection. Now WG punished you for that ...

[NUKED]
Players
455 posts
11,957 battles
18 hours ago, RobS80 said:

Colours is just semantics. Putting you into co-op the same.

Feels a little like you are not taking a problem seriously.

You wont need to play Coop for being pink.

[SHED]
Players
3 posts
6,720 battles

i get two classes of penalty for not being able to connect.
1st leaving the game early.........Well yes thats true, as it won't connect then i have actually left the game before i am even in it.

2nd. inactivity during the game.  ,,,well yes as i cannot even connect to it then i guess i certainly would be inactive.

Players
3 posts
1,211 battles
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:06 PM, ColonelPete said:

You were penalised for ONE disconnect?

last night I had a power failure, happens daily in my country. I got hit as though I TK.

thanks WG for giving the unlubed rusty prop drive shaft to anyone not in a 1st world country that cant have the best connect, loses power, or just anyone that attempts your shotty connection to your servers

[NUKED]
Players
455 posts
11,957 battles
On 26.4.2018 at 11:46 PM, RobS80 said:

That is the best way for all, your team get punished by you and you get a fair consequence. (whatever the reason is: you left, got disconnected, whatever)

Players
14 posts
11,075 battles

Hi everyone.. i'm here to say that I also underwent this unfair situation... My game didn't want me to connect to a battle twice.. and now I'm pink... Great! Let's be orange after because the game doesn't want me to get in... 

Seriously, the idea was good at the beginning but the penalties system counts people who have connectivity problems and that's very annoying .... Especially when u know that u can't do anything against it...

[CATS]
Players
20,484 posts
12,546 battles

That is good motivation to a) solve your connection issue or b) not play during a conncection issue.

In nearly three years of WoWs I had one case of serious connection issue. I took me two weeks to find out that it was caused by my DSL modem that started to fail because of old age. In these two weeks I played three matches and got disconnected. Twotimes before I realized I had an issue, onetime when I thought I had solved it. After that I did not play WoWs until I knew for sure I had solved the issue.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[MDI]
Players
50 posts
8,084 battles
7 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

That is good motivation to a) solve your connection issue or b) not play during a conncection issue.

If the system stays like this, I will concider option c) spend my money on another game.

Really, getting pink for one disconnect is way to harsh in my opinion.

• Boring 1

Players
14 posts
11,075 battles
19 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

In nearly three years of WoWs I had one case of serious connection issue. I took me two weeks to find out that it was caused by my DSL modem that started to fail because of old age. In these two weeks I played three matches and got disconnected. Twotimes before I realized I had an issue, onetime when I thought I had solved it. After that I did not play WoWs until I knew for sure I had solved the issue.

The only thing is that I play warships for 2 years and half and I always had this connection issue... I 'm on WiFi and I won't buy another computer only for this game....

[ALYEN]
Players
1,020 posts
2,671 battles
On 4/29/2018 at 2:56 AM, ColonelPete said:

Pink is just a colour, it does not keep you from playing or perform worse.

But it does turn orange and limit your game options just because your connection is not the best in the world.

You see the problem ? You get pink because of disconnects but you can only clean your status by playing battles risking more disconnects that actually worsen your situation ... Catch 22 ....

[CATS]
Players
20,484 posts
12,546 battles

When you continue playing while having problems, then you need additional motivation to solve them.

Players
356 posts
7,277 battles
On 4/26/2018 at 5:01 PM, dracken3 said:

When i read about the new penalising solution, i thought good idea. That was untill i was dropped by the server and when i managed to finally get back on i was penalised. Its bad enough never knowing if you will be able to connect or not, but to get penalised for it is a bit rough. Just tried to start a new game, couldnt connect, hit connect 7 times before giving up. i'm off out now so no doubt i will now have gained another penalty..

This is a genuine problem unlike a lot of others that come just to have a rant after one bad game.

What I find interesting is that the moderators never seem to comment when a player has a real issue that might at one time or another effect us all.

Players
20 posts
3,210 battles

Our clan sees a lot of cases where three of us will be div'd and one will not enter the battle but the other two do. It is random who does not join but by simple observation it is most often the leader of that Div. Even setting the leader as the person with best ping does not clear the problem. Often closing the client and then trying to re-open in order to join the battle results in the client not even opening the port; the only guaranteed way to get into the battle is shut client and the [edited]WG game center and then re-open the game client.

I would assume this is working as intended based on the regularity with which it impact members in or clan.

for all the fanboyz:

I7 8GB Ram

Nvidia 4GB Graphics

OS and graphic on latest stable drivers and patches

No Mods