Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Division window in port

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

So, it's been a while and a couple patches and I have to wonder, when will we finally get rid of that abomination?

 

I'm pretty sure the consensus from the players (at least from those who frequent the forum) was rather onesidedly against the new division port UI.

It's obstrusively large (blocking other UI elements you might want to see), it still can't display playernames in full and since it's tied to the chat server, if the latter crashes it also makes playing divisions impossible (which is a rather serious design flaw if you'd ask me). I've yet to hear a single positive aspect about the new UI.

 

When will we get the old division UI back? You know, the one that was unobstrusive and not prone to not working because the notoriously unreliable chat hamsters are on strike again ...

 

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos

 

Because seriously, that thing is just annoying.

  • Cool 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
4,833 posts
6,919 battles
59 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I've yet to hear a single positive aspect about the new UI.

Uhh... if you drag it by the corner you can scale it to take up your whole screen. That's something :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Uhh... if you drag it by the corner you can scale it to take up your whole screen. That's something :Smile_trollface:

 

Still won't show the player nicknames in full though.

 

shot-18.04.26_16.20.00-0825.jpg

  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KAKE]
Players
1,050 posts
3,375 battles

Dear, sweet baby Raptor Jesus in Jurassic heaven yes! Get rid of this thing and revert it back to how it was before 0.7.x.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
503 posts
1,785 battles

Literally the first thing my friend said when he returned to WOWS to play some divs was asking what the point of changing it was. The old thing worked yet it was changed, the new is worse but stays untouched. Not that it is the worst issue, mind. Still, annoying every time I div up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

Kek, and just in the game I had right now, our division got randomly cancelled. I was division commander and most certainly didn't kick any of my mates or leave the division (as I was in middle of playing a game, duh). So yeah, game just randomly cancelled our division. Then when the game ended, a whole lot of nothing, waiting until I got kicked back to the log-in screen and couldn't log back in anymore.

 

Coincidence? I think not!

 

SetWidth940-tinfoil-hat.jpg

 

You can't silence me by kicking me from the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AAO]
Players
1,808 posts
9,622 battles
Just now, Aotearas said:

You can't silence me by kicking me from the game!

Is that a dare?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles
Just now, PzychoPanzer said:

Is that a dare?

I have friends in low places!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
851 posts
6,761 battles

It's the single-most annoying 'feature' in the game right now, at least for me.

 

The old division element was fine. What was even the point in this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,160 posts
6 hours ago, Aotearas said:

So, it's been a while and a couple patches and I have to wonder, when will we finally get rid of that abomination?

 

I'm pretty sure the consensus from the players (at least from those who frequent the forum) was rather onesidedly against the new division port UI.

It's obstrusively large (blocking other UI elements you might want to see), it still can't display playernames in full and since it's tied to the chat server, if the latter crashes it also makes playing divisions impossible (which is a rather serious design flaw if you'd ask me). I've yet to hear a single positive aspect about the new UI.

 

When will we get the old division UI back? You know, the one that was unobstrusive and not prone to not working because the notoriously unreliable chat hamsters are on strike again ...

 

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos

 

Because seriously, that thing is just annoying.

 

Indeed, there was nothing wrong with the old interface and the current one is just poor by comparison, it's always in the way of my ship carousel. Even if I drag it elsewhere it pops back when it feels like it after a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,228 posts
14,454 battles

I imagine the decision to change it involved lots of vodka.

Can't explain why it was deemed necessary otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCAD]
Players
5 posts
5,173 battles

Totaly agree as well, missing the old one very mush. This one is just in the way of something in every position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles

I still think they had a few interns working on this and for some reason it ended up in the game (I also blame vodka).

 

But they won't change it for at least 1 year.... thats about the turnaround for WG admittiing mistakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,588 posts
2,397 battles
On 4/26/2018 at 2:04 PM, Aotearas said:

So, it's been a while and a couple patches and I have to wonder, when will we finally get rid of that abomination?

 

I'm pretty sure the consensus from the players (at least from those who frequent the forum) was rather onesidedly against the new division port UI.

It's obstrusively large (blocking other UI elements you might want to see), it still can't display playernames in full and since it's tied to the chat server, if the latter crashes it also makes playing divisions impossible (which is a rather serious design flaw if you'd ask me). I've yet to hear a single positive aspect about the new UI.

 

When will we get the old division UI back? You know, the one that was unobstrusive and not prone to not working because the notoriously unreliable chat hamsters are on strike again ...

 

@MrConway, @Tuccy, @Crysantos

 

Because seriously, that thing is just annoying.

 

I doubt we will change to division window back completely, but I do hope that we can dedicate some more time to it soon to make it less obtrusive.

 

Unfortunately our UI team is currently very busy so we have to prioritize on the different items we want to improve and fix.

 

So sorry, no ETA right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles
1 minute ago, MrConway said:

 

I doubt we will change to division window back completely, but I do hope that we can dedicate some more time to it soon to make it less obtrusive.

 

Unfortunately our UI team is currently very busy so we have to prioritize on the different items we want to improve and fix.

 

So sorry, no ETA right now.

 

Well, I guess that's that then. Hoping for a swift change, because it really is rather annoying.

 

From my end-user perspective I can't see any improvement over the old version so I have to wonder why it was changed in the first place, is what I'd ask.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,803 battles
On Saturday, April 28, 2018 at 2:54 PM, MrConway said:

 

I doubt we will change to division window back completely, but I do hope that we can dedicate some more time to it soon to make it less obtrusive.

 

Unfortunately our UI team is currently very busy so we have to prioritize on the different items we want to improve and fix.

 

So sorry, no ETA right now.

So, 2 months later its improved? Im kinda annoyed that names in list change places based if player has selected ship or not. Paniced whole day because i see my name in window and when i press ready some other ship appears next to place where my name was. 

Not the end of world, but hardly an improvement.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×