You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Please make sure that you check your "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" because flags are now Doubloon chargeable!

20 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

Please make sure that you check your "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" because flags are now Doubloon chargeable!

USsnjiK.jpg

This is thread on Reddit:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 11

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,836 posts
4,219 battles

Thanks for the heads up. Cheap trick from WG.

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,976 battles

Dääm, will hafta make sure then. Tho I usually have it off anyways, but you never know. I have fallen for that trick on camos before so. :Smile_facepalm:

Thanks for the warning. :cap_like:

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

The @Sub_Octavian says that for all currently used ships that had flags at the time of update to v0.7.4 the tick is set to OFF but if you use signal flags for ships that you didn't use until now (i.e. new ship or some ship that was not used for some time and was without flags) the tick would be set to ON automatically which I find not OK...

Leo "Apollo11"

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles

I've yet to find a ship where this is enabled by default.

If you go and mount signal flags on a ship then you should of course make sure the resupply options are to your liking, as with every consumable.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

I've yet to find a ship where this is enabled by default.

If you go and mount signal flags on a ship then you should of course make sure the resupply options are to your liking, as with every consumable.

The problem is that many people do not read "fine print"! :Smile_amazed:

For many the "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" automatically ticked to ON would be left without thinking and only when Doubloons start to diminish he/she would find what is happening...

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
961 posts
4,957 battles

This will be one heck of a mess since you may have to keep this in mind EVERY SINGLE TIME you restructure your flag build. Seriously, this needs fixing by keeping the option off unless the player actively enables it. 

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,406 posts
7,851 battles
17 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

The @Sub_Octavian says that for all currently used ships that had flags at the time of update to v0.7.4 the tick is set to OFF

To be fair that is exactly how the patchnotes stated it is going to happen.

"Players can enable auto-resupply of these signals for Doubloons. If the auto-resupply feature is already on when the Update is released, it will remain enabled, but the "Resupply using in-game currency" feature will be disabled.   "

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update-074/

17 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

.....but if you use signal flags for ships that you didn't use until now (i.e. new ship or some ship that was not used for some time and was without flags) the tick would be set to ON automatically which I find not OK...

Leo "Apollo11"

Well it have been always like that.

I think it is a greedy and stupid way to do this but nothing new. (same with the 200% xp camo for example)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Miessa3 said:

To be fair that is exactly how the patchnotes stated it is going to happen.

"Players can enable auto-resupply of these signals for Doubloons. If the auto-resupply feature is already on when the Update is released, it will remain enabled, but the "Resupply using in-game currency" feature will be disabled.   "

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update-074/

Well it have been always like that.

I think it is a greedy and stupid way to do this but nothing new.

To be very honest... we already know how many players read the "Patch Notes"... :Smile_hiding:

And I know that it was like that with extra cammos - but most people didn't use those extra cammos - most people will use the signal flags though...

Leo "Apollo11"

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles
3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

The problem is that many people do not read "fine print"! :Smile_amazed:

For many the "Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" automatically ticked to ON would be left without thinking and only when Doubloons start to diminish he/she would find what is happening...

Leo "Apollo11"

It's hard to call it "fine print" when it's right underneath the toggle option you have to activate to even get the signals to auto-mount.

If you only had to mount the individual signals for both options to enable automatically, you'd have a point.

It's on the same level as switching to credits when buying premium consumables.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,190 posts
8,986 battles

Hi all,

1 minute ago, Nechrom said:

It's hard to call it "fine print" when it's right underneath the toggle option you have to activate to even get the signals to auto-mount.

If you only had to mount the individual signals for both options to enable automatically, you'd have a point.

It's on the same level as switching to credits when buying premium consumables.

OK... but believe me when you will see the surge of messages  in style:

"I lost all of my Doubloons and I had just a few!"

Most people just click without reading (and that warning is really "small print")... :Smile_amazed:

Leo "Apollo11"

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
176 posts
13,156 battles

The last resort of this game last argument of "maybe not p2w" just got breached!

you can BUY signals now.

Spend your $$, and you don't get DETONATED boys, 

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles
3 minutes ago, TomBombardil said:

The last resort of this game is maybe not p2w just got breached!

you can BUY signals now.

Spend your $$, and you don't get DETONATED boys, 

Except you can only buy economy signals.

Please try again.

5 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

OK... but believe me when you will see the surge of messages  in style:

"I lost all of my Doubloons and I had just a few!"

Most people just click without reading (and that warning is really "small print")... :Smile_amazed:

For those people I will play the worlds smallest violin.

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
176 posts
13,156 battles
Just now, Nechrom said:

Except you can only buy economy signals.

Please try again.

Thanks god for that, still the steps are getting closer and closer. Question is not "IF", but "When".

i see the forum already lighting up "why can you buy ant-deto? I want to buy better heal, etc.

still a step towards p2w again.

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles
2 minutes ago, TomBombardil said:

Thanks god for that, still the steps are getting closer and closer. Question is not "IF", but "When".

i see the forum already lighting up "why can you buy ant-deto? I want to buy better heal, etc.

still a step towards p2w again.

Not even "a step towards".

You could always buy economy signal flags in the premium shop. The only new thing is that you can now get them one by one for doubloons in the client.

It's convenience, and arguably for EU and SEA servers a money saving change because we couldn't get individual signal flag types before.

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
176 posts
13,156 battles
5 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Not even "a step towards".

You could always buy economy signal flags in the premium shop. The only new thing is that you can now get them one by one for doubloons in the client.

It's convenience, and arguably for EU and SEA servers a money saving change because we couldn't get individual signal flag types before.

If my, first reaction to this post (haven played or read patch notes of 7,4).

is here comes the p2w or the p2w cry out, says of course a lot about me, and about the Game. So I don't agree on "no staps made".

the barrier to buy flag just got a lot lower (as people call this rightly a rip off) and show INGAME that you can BUY flags, INDIVIDUALLY.

So as I admit, not being informed about only economics flags, and adjust my statement. In this one I'm sticking.

This is "a steps toward" p2w.  

[C-F-C]
Weekend Tester
79 posts
10,431 battles

I have another post running regarding the same issue with "doubloon" camous - and apparently there is an issue with premium consumables as well. Please make your voice heard:

This is the issue in a nutshell with the default check-mark:

shot-18_04.26_11_23.03-0466.thumb.jpg.453d9b459b9c05c5582554b723e776ba.jpg

If that is not obscure I don't know what is...

EDIT: In all fairness it appears only to be so obscure if the signal was mounted before 7.4 patch. But regardless it is somewhat easy to miss the check-mark altogether, even if it shows doubloon cost above it.

Here is the example after having demounted (from 7.3) and mounted again (in 7.4). That's a really small exclamation-mark... Why remove doubloon cost from UI just because there is some on stock? WG is defeating the whole auto-resupply option by removing our trust in it...

shot-7.4.jpg.7e16d360f0f3e4e9c2c1d6c65505e1ff.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

WG are being intentionally confusing and opaque in order to nickle and dime people out of their doubloons. They are sneakily starting to charge players for flags without communicating it clearly. Do we have to double-check everything in the game to make sure we're not being cheated, WG?

The prices of each flag should be marked clearly so that the user immediately realizes that there is now a doubloon price attached to it.

"Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" is an intentionally unclear sentence - seeing as there are TWO in-game currencies. One that costs real money and one that doesn't.

WG are hoping to go "whoops, looks like you made a mistake and lost some doubloons. Well too bad you're so stupid! Not our fault" while they pocket your "accidental donation". It's nothing but cheating people. Notice how the doubloon price of the flags doesn't appear easily noticable until after you run out of a particular flag? How convenient...

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,256 battles
4 minutes ago, Tubit101 said:

WG are being intentionally confusing and opaque in order to nickle and dime people out of their doubloons. They are sneakily starting to charge players for flags without communicating it clearly. Do we have to double-check everything in the game to make sure we're not being cheated, WG?

The prices of each flag should be marked clearly so that the user immediately realizes that there is now a doubloon price attached to it.

"Resupply using in-game currency if unavailable" is an intentionally unclear sentence - seeing as there are TWO in-game currencies. One that costs real money and one that doesn't.

WG are hoping to go "whoops, looks like you made a mistake and lost some doubloons. Well too bad you're so stupid! Not our fault" while they pocket your "accidental donation". It's nothing but cheating people. Notice how the doubloon price of the flags doesn't appear easily noticable until after you run out of a particular flag? How convenient...

Evil WG out to steal the doubloons of hard working idiots.

• Bad 1

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles
12 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Evil WG out to steal the doubloons of hard working idiots.

You don't need to be an "idiot" to fall for this. And let's call a spade a spade. This is about real money. It is a dubious business practice to say the least.