Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hades_warrior

When you solo push and get chat banned

22 comments in this topic

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles

Like title said. This is more reason to change the report system because this is BS! Getting ''rewards'' every time when you try to push is 'tard.

Dont know when WG will wake up and change this system, otherwise abusing will never end.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Kinda sounds like "when you don't know minimap exists and go on the opposite way of your lemmingtrain, die first and then spend rest of the game yelling at everyone who's still alive" :Smile_trollface:

Other than that - chatban system is never really working as intended, not much new there :cap_old:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles

No you peasant, it was nothing like that. It was Tears of Desert map, only me and few cruisers in the back was on open side where C objetive usualy is, against entire their team while my entire team was far left behind islands camping on one spot.

So stop with your assumptions aka. *edit

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
216 posts
3,800 battles
14 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

No you peasant, it was nothing like that. It was Tears of Desert map, only me and few cruisers in the back was on open side where C objetive usualy is, against entire their team while my entire team was far left behind islands camping on one spot.

So stop with your assumptions aka. *edit

Well, if you are on the weaker flank against a superior force it’s better to avoid an aggressive push, instead kite and try to slow down the enemy buying time for the stronger flank of your team...

• Cool 2

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles

If they didnt act like a coward we could push them easily. They saw one radar cruiser and *edit. Or just wanted to be complete noobs.

I was tanking solo with Carolina but survived in the end despite heavy noob team. And what I got for a reward after? Sweet nice chat ban.

This is my last time I try to push game. In future ill be siting back with 22 km range and hiting targets, and rest of the team can lick my hull.

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
45 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

So you say "no it's not like you said" and then explain that it's exactly like I said - you went one side and your whole team went the other one? :Smile_teethhappy:

Just like Bics93 said - whenever you finally realized that, instead of pushing into enemies and inevitably dying you could have just kited and ran towards your team. That's not even that advanced tactics, should be relatively easy to figure it out

30 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

And what I got for a reward after? Sweet nice chat ban.

Chatban isn't a reward for tanking, it's reward for you [most likely but not obligatory] using chat and enough people reporting you for it. Slight difference there :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

Players
3,702 posts
7,346 battles
13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Certain people get chatbanned regularly, others not...

Could it be that certain people are getting the chatbans they deserve?

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles

AkosJaccik [Krasny Krim]: reported

Your report was successful.

[NWP]
Players
1,882 posts
12,596 battles

Well, if you talk the same way in chat as you do on these forums.... let's just say I'm not surprised about your chatban. 

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
5 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Well, if you talk the same way in chat as you do on these forums.... let's just say I'm not surprised about your chatban. 

Was just about to say the same thing.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,512 posts
15,418 battles
1 hour ago, 159Hunter said:

Yes, he does. I'm a bit sad that I haven't seen him in battle in a while. It's always fun to read him raging. And it doesn't matter which side you are on, because he likes to do it in all-chat.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,615 posts
6,467 battles

Whilst the OP almost certainly was asking to get banned, it does remind me of a question I have for the sensible people present: what is the approved methodology on WOWS for dealing with a lemming train (when it's your side doing it)?

In WOT, the conventional wisdom is usually to go with the train, push hard, and hope you overwhelm the enemy (and win) before the forces facing your empty flank either win, or come back to resist the lemming train.

In WOWS, you're a lot slower than in WOT, making sudden flexing harder. Does the same approach to lemming trains apply here too?

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,506 posts
15,369 battles
2 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Whilst the OP almost certainly was asking to get banned, it does remind me of a question I have for the sensible people present: what is the approved methodology on WOWS for dealing with a lemming train (when it's your side doing it)?

In WOT, the conventional wisdom is usually to go with the train, push hard, and hope you overwhelm the enemy (and win) before the forces facing your empty flank either win, or come back to resist the lemming train.

In WOWS, you're a lot slower than in WOT, making sudden flexing harder. Does the same approach to lemming trains apply here too?

Fighting retreat or Rear Guard. With many ships if your Isolated on a flank you dont have time to follow the lemming train. (as you say ships are slow)

You do a fighting retreat.. back away from the enemy, but engage them  .. Slow them down

• Cool 1

Players
341 posts
8,145 battles
11 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

If I spawned on the side that the lemming train didn't go and it is standard battle I try to muster at least 2 ships to support and try to delay the enemy advance, though this generally gives you a poor score as you are so busy dodging that you can't fire as often hence you get low damage numbers. Note it only works if your teams lemming train actually wins against the 5 enemy ships on that flank as numerical superiority means nothing to some players cause they will still screw it up.

If the side I spawn on happens to turn into a lemming train then I try to push that flank hard, but if the enemy team gets near our base first I would quickly retreat to defend as the ships that spawned on the other flank but insisted on switching to the opposite side aren't clever enough to realize the base is being captured.

Domination isn't to bad as long as you contest the middle cap and stall it long enough for the idiots still at A (8 mins after it was caught and cleared out) arrive to support.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles
3 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

If they didnt act like a coward we could push them easily.

But not on your flank - you said that you were with a few ships against whole fleet. That's when you retreat and kite. If the other flank pushes, good. If it doesn't, shame - but regardless if YOU push, you're just going to die accomplishing nothing.

Basically, you yolo-pushed and then... seeing how you react here, I assume that after yolo-rushing you proceeded to call the team cowardly campers and [edited]. This might be the actual reason for chat ban, you know...

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles
4 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Like title said. This is more reason to change the report system because this is BS! Getting ''rewards'' every time when you try to push is 'tard.

Dont know when WG will wake up and change this system, otherwise abusing will never end.

Your behavior here in forum shows the chat ban system works flawless! :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Players
2,477 posts
14,599 battles
44 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

...what is the approved methodology on WOWS for dealing with a lemming train (when it's your side doing it)?...

I cry for humanity.

• Funny 1

Players
136 posts
3,209 battles
49 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

1. If you are in a ship that is a torpedo boat (most DDs) or can be turned into one ad hoc (Ibuki, Mogami) you simply sail in front of aproaching enemy fleet and slow them down with torp attacks.

2. If you are in a kiting style cruiser; Zao, French, Germans, or just a long range one (like Soviet), you keep your distance in front of enemy approach, setting as much fires as possible. This forces focused ships to slow down to drop into stealth.

3. If you are in CV or BB you follow the train

4. If you are in a Conqueror it is decision between nr 2 and nr 3

5. If you are in a Khabarovsk: I have no idea.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles
28 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

There are (unsurprisingly) two things you can do:

1. Join the lemming train, probably even try to lead it if it seems to be slowing down. A lemmingtrain in WoWs usually can gain ground (well, water) pretty quickly unless it

a) encounters the enemy lemmingtrain

b) gets scared of enemy DDs

c) (most depressing) gets scared of two cruisers and their pet otter and starts camping against them despite having triple (if not more) the numbers of the enemies defending the flank

2. Go the other flank to face the enemy push and keep it occupied while kiting away. This is mostly the job for torpedo boats, however - if the enemy pushes hard, they're going to wreck the kiters through sheer volume of fire. DDs, however, can remain invisible and heavily hurt enemy morale by meeting them with torps from various angles, disrupting and slowing down the push.

The #2 can be a very ungrateful job but it's extremely important especially in the place where lemmingtrains happen the most: Standard Battles. Lemmingtrains in Domination tend to diffuse themselves if they even ever become full-blown lemmingtrains (the closest thing that happens with some regularity seems to be "let's all go to A" on Okinava :Smile_facepalm:) but on Standard Battle lemmingtrains are more common than not, in fact, leading often to a race around the map if the two lemmingtrains miss each other by picking the opposite sides. I've seen many a Standard Battle decided by one rearguard being a bit better at slowing down the enemy - not much fighting, not too much losses on any side, a victory by cap (while the losing side was also already capping or could if not for the sudden realization that they'll lose because the enemy will cap faster - last ditch effort at defending a base overrun by lemmingtrain hardly ever works, however).

• Cool 1

Players
65 posts
9 battles

Actually getting chat banned is not something to feel proud of. 
Creating a thread in the forum to share this fact also, it wont help anyhow. 

I dont really see the point of this thread. I will close it.

Have a nice day.