You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Convince me that I am wrong

31 comments in this topic

Players
1,189 posts
4,658 battles

The point here is that whether or not you get stuck to islands is completely random. It has nothing to do with "land under water" as it is 100% arbitrary. There is no way to predict that you might get stuck, and usually you won't. This is an issue with poorly designed island hitboxes, not "land under water".

I got stuck yesterday for no reason. I was coasting 50m parallel to an island and my ship abruptly stopped. I couldn't back out. I couldn't go forward. After some time I was finally able to get unstuck by going ahead with full port rudder.

The problem here is that there is no consistency to when you get stuck and when you don't. Don't try to pretend like this is a feature, because it isn't.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,756 battles

There seemed to be quite a lot of bugged underwater areas around A cap on the new sleeping giant map.

Players
973 posts
5,805 battles

There is "stuck" and then there is "stuck"

As long as you can move out in one direction it's fine, but once in a few hundred battles you might get really stuck. Sometimes you can't even get out anymore

Players
158 posts
1,515 battles
On 4/25/2018 at 8:46 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Pretty sure that's already a thing. There are islands which you can scrape against with your hull without getting stuck, and there are islands to whom you can't even get that close (I mean, visually looks like you could fit another ship between you and that island) :cap_yes:

Guess I hadn't noticed that. Regardless if it is in fact a thing, then call me astounded and pleased - Though it would make up for some of the "trips" to meet the locals i've had in some BB' .