You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Convince me that I am wrong

31 comments in this topic

1,513 posts
10,110 battles

Hello people,

CB season is over and I am so disturbed by one fact:

Islands... they are frikking terrible and full of bugs. As someone who played des moines and had to kiss dozen of them, I felt I was stuck way more than  I should have been.

Anyone else had similar feeling?

[CATS]
Players
16,354 posts
11,323 battles

Me? No.

In all our clan battles I remember one player getting stuck during a match.

The last time I got stuck must have been over six months ago.

Yes, there are some invisible spots near islands that block your course, but you can usually reverse out of them.

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
2,396 battles

I have been trying to teach myself not to steer away if I come too close to an island, but to runt straight at it. One can always back straight off, but if you glide in through a turn, you can beach your keel and remain stuck for quite some time.

The trick is to not confuse this situation with how to handle oneself during traffic rush hours.:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,102 posts
31,425 battles

I was stuck twice at the C cap in "Islands of Ice" with my Moskva and I couldn't move at all !!

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,830 battles

You know that there is land under the sea, right? And ships have a part that is below the water surface.

Is it time for my paint skillz again?

Beaching.jpg.55f45db216a16bb1bf7c1fca7945c35c.jpg

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,702 posts
14,635 battles

And this is why Ocean is clearly the best map in the game.

1gxBPV2.gif

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,585 battles
20 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

And this is why Ocean is clearly the best map in the game.

1gxBPV2.gif

:Smile_trollface:

Crabpeople?

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,462 posts
6,630 battles

Not really related since I haven't played any CBs, but do you know what'd be nice? If clans could hire mercenaries for CBs from other clans without them having to leave their own clans. Hell I'd join for some of those battles, since my own clan doesn't have enough active unicums.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,858 posts
10,066 battles

Not just a feeling, you can get bonafide stuck to islands. And I don't mean stuck as in you parked yourself in a way you can't get out, but stuck as in your ship will utterly refuse to move ... just the tip of your bow is touching the island but no matter what you do, the ship won't reverse back out again.

Very frustrating when that happens because unless you have a divisionmate with you in the vicinity you can ask to ram and dislodge you, you might end up stuck there for the rest of the match.

[NWP]
Players
1,928 posts
12,744 battles

I'll bite...

You're wrong :cap_cool:

But you're right, I've managed to get myself stuck a few times on different maps and then it takes minutes to get out. It's usually when I end up parallel to an island.

1,513 posts
10,110 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You know that there is land under the sea, right? And ships have a part that is below the water surface.

This:

2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Not just a feeling, you can get bonafide stuck to islands. And I don't mean stuck as in you parked yourself in a way you can't get out, but stuck as in your ship will utterly refuse to move ... just the tip of your bow is touching the island but no matter what you do, the ship won't reverse back out again.

Very frustrating when that happens because unless you have a divisionmate with you in the vicinity you can ask to ram and dislodge you, you might end up stuck there for the rest of the match.

Players
993 posts
21,335 battles
3 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Hello people,

Islands... they are frikking terrible and full of bugs. As someone who played des moines and had to kiss dozen of them, I felt I was stuck way more than  I should have been.

some islands hampering Des Moines (X) radar-cruiser (hiding/waiting/luring/hugging isle's to trap innocent virtually harmless enemy dd's!) ya say??? great to hear that! dont change anything(!), leave it be! i like it! gives me a kind of 'cheerful feeling' atm to hear that:cap_like:

(n.b.: maybe i am not fully objective here, but come on guys: i am mainly a dd-player...:cap_look:--->:cap_cool:--->:cap_rambo:--> and....:cap_popcorn:

Beta Tester
2,459 posts
9,589 battles

The reason is the shallow water around the islands, which is realistic. 

Islands would have to have unnaturally sharp edges to prevent this, which might look silly. For gameplay reasons it would be better though. 

[SNUBS]
Players
1,296 posts
6,876 battles
4 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

slands... they are frikking terrible and full of bugs. As someone who played des moines and had to kiss dozen of them, I felt I was stuck way more than  I should have been.

i think i had it once  Ever in my yamato.

had to beach to dodge torps and then i was stuck the whole game unable to reverse. 

But once in  almost 6k games is not bad tho :X 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,581 posts
8,338 battles

Not often, but I did manage to glue my King George to an island that the game just refused to let me back away from.

Players
993 posts
21,335 battles
4 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Hello people,

hmmm...opens 'new extra possibilies' for destroyers, yeah! (...anything you unveil at forums can an may be used against you in future battles(!)..realize that, lol):

so...from now on it will be kind of this (extra strike possibility for dd's)...picture this situation:

....:cap_look:hmmm...an enemy Des Moines (X)....hmm...it seems to be far to close to the island!... ( obviously due to his own cowardness, lol)....:cap_look:...hmm....seems possible that su%%%r is stuck to the island, yeah...90% sure...great:cap_rambo:-----> guys bring out the 13.5 kms range heavy torps of the Yueyang (X)..we have a 100% guaranteed hit-chance on that sh** radar-cruiser:cap_win:---> yes(!!) 5x torp hits on Des Moines!...SUNK IT!...great!----> guys NOW GO FOR IT(!) ..CAP IS OURS NOW!!

(..so I must tank OP for this important info! ths! lol)

Players
158 posts
1,515 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Nice, anyway what if some islands are more shallow than others, meaning the land underneath the water close proximity to the island is less deep. 

I think it would be really cool, however I don't think it would work perfectly in practice and let's face it the game still have some other issues that need attending :cap_yes:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
1 hour ago, Hyperion84 said:

Nice, anyway what if some islands are more shallow than others, meaning the land underneath the water close proximity to the island is less deep. 

I think it would be really cool, however I don't think it would work perfectly in practice and let's face it the game still have some other issues that need attending :cap_yes:

Pretty sure that's already a thing. There are islands which you can scrape against with your hull without getting stuck, and there are islands to whom you can't even get that close (I mean, visually looks like you could fit another ship between you and that island) :cap_yes:

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
421 battles
7 hours ago, Boris_MNE said:

Hello people,

I had problems with islands in tears of the desert...damn shallow waters

Beta Tester
2,187 posts
2,396 battles
15 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Don't drink and drive? :Smile-_tongue:

This is good advice. I have noticed that two beers will have about the same effect on my in-game driving skills as they would have if I tried to captain an IRL ship.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,480 posts
8,020 battles
18 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

But if you use that example then it is strange that a ship that got stuck like that on an island can still sink and submerge 100% when the HP reach 0...... :cap_wander: