Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThinderChief

Call that FAIR Match making?

124 comments in this topic

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
1 minute ago, ThinderChief said:

Third mn? Sorry i can get you down from your little cloud so easily, i know this BB is fast but i was already on the CA, chewed up by a DD trying to support MINE, now, try to get to the cap with Gneisenau on Two Brother's map in 3mn. 

Except it wasn't on Two Brothers :Smile_trollface:

So as i said, your bunch puss"ed out of providing proper support doesn't make your story right, it makes it an excuse, and a bad one.

I wasn't even in that game, but I should have support you :Smile_veryhappy:

Anyway if Disneylandish stories and B.S about other players is all you can contribute to this topic, you might just as well try another one because your opinion is the last i could care of. 

And thats why you will always stay a bad player :Smile-_tongue:

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
3 hours ago, domen3 said:

Well there's also this:

"As well as this, the detectability range of torpedoes by air is reduced by half. This will let the "torpedo destroyers" to fulfil their roles more efficiently, especially in battles with aircraft carriers."

I think shima gets the most out of this one

This could be useful when trying to flush out a radar camping behind a rock, one of the issues i have is the high level of detectability of the Type 93 even if i use the torpedo acceleration skill which provide them with a little extra speed.

3 hours ago, cro_pwr said:

Except it wasn't on Two Brothers :Smile_trollface:

I wasn't even in that game, but I should have support you :Smile_veryhappy:

And thats why you will always stay a bad player :Smile-_tongue:

Yes it was.

So if you weren't there how would you know? More gossips from gossips?  

Like i care your poor attempt at cursing, seriously should i be worried? You sound like you're straight out of Disney's story where the bad queen curse a poor little mouse. Grow the hell up. 

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
8 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Yes it was.

So if you weren't there how would you know? More gossips from gossips?  

Because you were "smart" enough to post YOUR OWN screenshot from the game ON A PUBLIC FORUM?

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,011 posts
5,989 battles

Well shima is my most played DD.

-Don't use the 20km torps. They're garbage, because they get spotted at 2.5km. Making them go faster doesn't really help. Use the 12km ones instead.

-Don't rush the cap at the start. Shima requires patience, lots of it. Its not a race to get to the cap, your team won't lose because you didnt get there first. Its only if the enemy hold more caps for a long period of time do caps become important

-More patience, you need intel to operate correctly. You want to scout the enemy team first, find out where they are before commiting to a play. This means finding radar ships before you do something that reveals your location (like going into a cap)

-More patience. If you can get a radar ship spotted, your team will love shooting it. Teams love shooting cruisers.

-You don't have to go to the nearest cap, nor do you need to stay. If its hotly contested, with several radar ships and your team arent shooting them, simply leave and go to a quieter one.

-Radar has a limited duration. If you can ride it out behind hard cover, or if there is noone with an angle to shoot you during it, you can simply wait it out

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
614 posts
15,066 battles

OP I'm sorry but at nearly 11k battles you haven't managed 50% winrate and add to that the fact that you're in a clan which implies that you and your fellow mates haven't probably figured out some essential game mechanics.  Better reconsider what you're doing wrong.

By the way, Gearing is an excellent ship (I own one and love it to death).  I don't know about Shima, don't own one, but I'm sure she's not as bad as the majority of her captains think of her to be.

• Cool 1

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
6 minutes ago, tsounts said:

By the way, Gearing is an excellent ship (I own one and love it to death).  I don't know about Shima, don't own one, but I'm sure she's not as bad as the majority of her captains think of her to be.

Expert in game mechanics, seen them all. Sry again your opinion on MY gaming i really cant get onboard. Get over it.

I'm sure if you weren't so obsessed with your own stats you'd be playing one and would have noticed i never said it was bad, plus apparently W.G taught of it the same way reason for the buff.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Weekend Tester
965 posts
9,756 battles

So if you dont care about stats, and you dont think shima is bad....why the thread?

Just carry on spamming 20km torps even after being told how and why they are bad, ignore the advice about how to counterplay radar ships and keep it down.

Funny that i saw you recently in chapayev and you were definitely using radar that game. Still didnt kill me in my DD...:

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
23 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Well shima is my most played DD.

-Don't use the 20km torps. They're garbage, because they get spotted at 2.5km. Making them go faster doesn't really help. Use the 12km ones instead.

-Don't rush the cap at the start. Shima requires patience, lots of it. Its not a race to get to the cap, your team won't lose because you didnt get there first. Its only if the enemy hold more caps for a long period of time do caps become important

-More patience, you need intel to operate correctly. You want to scout the enemy team first, find out where they are before commiting to a play. This means finding radar ships before you do something that reveals your location (like going into a cap)

-More patience. If you can get a radar ship spotted, your team will love shooting it. Teams love shooting cruisers.

-You don't have to go to the nearest cap, nor do you need to stay. If its hotly contested, with several radar ships and your team arent shooting them, simply leave and go to a quieter one.

-Radar has a limited duration. If you can ride it out behind hard cover, or if there is noone with an angle to shoot you during it, you can simply wait it out

Agreed. i tried the 20 km and they work vs campers which is often how most radar players play their ships. 

Then i figured they had this limitation due to low level of concealment, so i tried this16km combination, when i have a team that can support me, they work better but not best.

With this new upgrade, i might consider seriously reverting to the Type93 although i really prefer to have a wider buffer than 12km. 

Team shooting radars on request in one of the issues and i'm not the only Shima player who noticed, i can recall being two of us spotting for as long as we were alive and requesting fire support, getting radared and bugging out under fire for ages, the guy went ballistic against the team, if your team mates doesn't respond to fire request, you're really in a bad shape.

[GRKEN]
[GRKEN]
Players
614 posts
15,066 battles
17 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Expert in game mechanics, seen them all. Sry again your opinion on MY gaming i really cant get onboard. Get over it.

I'm sure if you weren't so obsessed with your own stats you'd be playing one and would have noticed i never said it was bad, plus apparently W.G taught of it the same way reason for the buff.

Yawn, play a Shima? I don't feel the least interest in playing one.  Just don't like the looks of the ship.  All those battles should have taught you something but no, you prefer flaming others.  Ok, no more comments...

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

sometimes i am surprised how well i know forum people. i came into this thread.. expecting exactly this thread... i am on forum too much...

• Funny 5

[TOXIC]
Players
4,423 posts
11,318 battles
Alle 4/25/2018 alle 12:59, ThinderChief ha scritto:

Shimakaze is the weakest of its type at tX and there is a reason, with an average win rate below 49%, i'm sure no one will claim that this is due to bad players

I will :Smile_trollface:

It's due to bad players.

Shimakaze is a ship that SEEMS like she should be a "safe" one - she comes from a stealthy torpboat line, she has 20km torps, she's fast. This attracts players that want the safe gameplay of low tier IJN torpboats... but that's precisely the kind of players who shouldn't touch her.

Shima's torp options are as follows:

20 km. Lol nope. If you pick these, you've failed already. But some people play with these, either because they don't know better or can't/don't want to skip the grind - being the only tX DD with ABYSMAL stock configuration doesn't exactly contribute to good global winrate. No need to add that 20km torp enthusiasts aren't likely to contribute much to capping.

12 km. These are reasonably fast but still suffer from being spotted easily. What it means is that you need to set up the attack so that it approaches the enemy from the side, minimizing the chances of them dodging successfully. She also has bad reload - so each attack should be set-up all the more carefully and while your range is 12km, it's for flexibility - usually you want to be much closer. However, the Shimakaze herself isn't very stealthy* (she's on the level of Gearing and Grozovoi, outspotted by Yueyang and Fletcher, don't get me started on Kagero and Yugumo) so getting close AND to the side of an enemy is very dangerous, requires much care and good situational awareness. All this combined makes a 12km Shima an EXTREMELY positioning-sensitive destroyer, more so than any other t10. Good players can get good result from her speed and the sheer power of her torpedoes - worse ones will probably snipe at incoming ships from 10+km, making their torps laughably easy to dodge and contributing little. 12km torps aren't too good against enemy DDs either, so Shima doesn't have that much presence in cap fights, making them all about spotting (but she's not terribly stealthy, remember?) and positioning.

8km. These torps are scary, they give Shima a bit more presence in the cap (these torps are FAST and there's still a lot of them; despite not excelling in stealth, they are dangerous even to DDs) but they are very short range for t10. There are many Radar ships and Shima still doesn't have all that great guns - 8km Shima's playstyle is extremely aggressive, extremely risky and just as - if not more - positioning-sensitive as 12km one. If your situational awareness fails you, you're very dead.

To sum it up, Shima

- SEEMS to be promising easy, safe playstyle

but to be effective

- REQUIRES an aggressive approach that puts her at harms way regularly

The two combined mean that people most attracted to Shima are poorly suited to playing her - if they try to play as they thought she would, they will suck. If they try to change playstyle to suit the strength of the ship, they will most likely die a lot because people who wanted a "safe" ship probably aren't very good at aggressive DD playstyle. And the people that do like such playstyle... probably aren't grinding IJN DDs but rather some other line - more obviously and consistently short-range one.

All that said, what I'm trying to convey is that Shima is not as weak a ship as many think (or as her stats suggest). If you're performing badly in Shima, it's because you're performing badly in her NOT because she's too weak to perform well in. Still, I don't deny that she could use a buff... but, ho and behold - SHE'S GETTING BUFFED IN THE NEXT PATCH. More precisely: her concealment gets better. Although that won't help the people most responsible for her low winrate - concealment, after all, serves best the very playstyle Shima rewards already: the aggressive one where you win through positioning. Only now she gets the extra toy to play with: she can spot any other DD without getting spotted herself (assuming, of course, that she can manage the distance, not always an easy thing to do).

Alle 4/25/2018 alle 14:26, ThinderChief ha scritto:

with torpedo acceleration skills (16 km, 67 kt)

Oh God.

And you are surprised you do badly in Shima? :Smile_facepalm:

Here's a bit of advice. You want range? Re-skill your captain out of torp acceleration and switch to 12km torps. Even if you're being a pussy so pathologically scared of Radars that you don't want to get into their range, 12km is still more than the longest Radar in game (and that's a short duration one, the really dangerous, long-lasting Radars have much less range). 20km torps are abysmally bad even with torp acceleration.

The fact that people actually pick that module might be the single biggest factor contributing to Shima's "worst in tier" stats.

Alle 4/25/2018 alle 14:43, ThinderChief ha scritto:

What makes no sense to me is that most of the time when i get killed contesting a cap, my team seems unable to kill the other DD, my level of skills have got little to do with that

Actually, you are almost certainly wrong. The way you position in cap, the way you maneuver, the decision when to enter the cap in the first place, considering what you know of your and the enemy's support - all that is part of your skill. Usually the quality of support you're going to receive can be predicted. And if the enemy DD gets much better support than you, it can be very often tracked to mistakes you made. That's the general experience from playing DDs, at least. Sure, I often get angry at useless teammates when I die to enemy support fire while my support fire fails to threaten the enemy DD seriously. However, after calming down and reflecting on what has transpired, in 3/4 cases the conclusion is "I *edited* up, I shouldn't have been where I was, doing what I was doing". Considering that I'm a significantly more successful DD player than you, I'm inclined to assume that - regardless of your feelings on the issue - your failures in caps (you dying and enemy DD surviving, that is) are your own fault even more often than in my case.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate language
  • Cool 8

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
Alle 4/25/2018 alle 16:37, tsounts ha scritto:

Yawn, play a Shima? I don't feel the least interest in playing one.  Just don't like the looks of the ship.  All those battles should have taught you something but no, you prefer flaming others.  Ok, no more comments...

Flaming? Reverse psychology dear sir?

If you have no proper insight to give don't come and flame this topic. I didn't ask for your opinion.

Alle 4/25/2018 alle 17:36, eliastion ha scritto:

Oh God.

And you are surprised you do badly in Shima? :Smile_facepalm:

Here's a bit of advice. You want range? Re-skill your captain out of torp acceleration and switch to 12km torps. Even if you're being a pussy so pathologically scared of Radars that you don't want to get into their range, 12km is still more than the longest Radar in game (and that's a short duration one, the really dangerous, long-lasting Radars have much less range). 20km torps are abysmally bad even with torp acceleration.

The fact that people actually pick that module might be the single biggest factor contributing to Shima's "worst in tier" stats.

Actually, you are almost certainly wrong. The way you position in cap, the way you maneuver, the decision when to enter the cap in the first place, considering what you know of your and the enemy's support - all that is part of your skill. Usually the quality of support you're going to receive can be predicted. And if the enemy DD gets much better support than you, it can be very often tracked to mistakes you made. That's the general experience from playing DDs, at least. Sure, I often get angry at useless teammates when I die to enemy support fire while my support fire fails to threaten the enemy DD seriously. However, after calming down and reflecting on what has transpired, in 3/4 cases the conclusion is "I *edited* up, I shouldn't have been where I was, doing what I was doing". Considering that I'm a significantly more successful DD player than you, I'm inclined to assume that - regardless of your feelings on the issue - your failures in caps (you dying and enemy DD surviving, that is) are your own fault even more often than in my case.

Sure support can be "predicted when you keep an eye behind you to see if your "pals" aren't going to hide behind the first rock they find when the first dot appears on the map and make sure they don't have any firing angle for support. LOL.

Another pile of B.S sorry.

And something else, your chest banging thing doesn't impress me. Anything else?

From all the stuff that have been written in this topic so far, there might have been one or two useful, topic related and not meant to glorify the writers, typical. You guys mistake this forum for Facebook.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,223 posts
9,601 battles
7 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

If you have no proper insight to give don't come and flame this topic. I didn't ask for your opinion.

Sure support can be "predicted when you keep an eye behind you to see if your "pals" aren't going to hide behind the first rock they find when the first dot appears on the map and make sure they don't have any firing angle for support. LOL.

From all the stuff that have been written in this topic so far, there might have been one or two useful, topic related and not meant to glorify the writers, typical. You guys mistake this forum for Facebook.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ow59c0pwTPruU/giphy.gif

• Funny 1

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
2 hours ago, eliastion said:

I will :Smile_trollface:

It's due to bad players.

Shimakaze is a ship that SEEMS like she should be a "safe" one - she comes from a stealthy torpboat line, she has 20km torps, she's fast. This attracts players that want the safe gameplay of low tier IJN torpboats... but that's precisely the kind of players who shouldn't touch her.

Shima's torp options are as follows:

20 km. Lol nope. If you pick these, you've failed already. But some people play with these, either because they don't know better or can't/don't want to skip the grind - being the only tX DD with ABYSMAL stock configuration doesn't exactly contribute to good global winrate. No need to add that 20km torp enthusiasts aren't likely to contribute much to capping.

12 km. These are reasonably fast but still suffer from being spotted easily. What it means is that you need to set up the attack so that it approaches the enemy from the side, minimizing the chances of them dodging successfully. She also has bad reload - so each attack should be set-up all the more carefully and while your range is 12km, it's for flexibility - usually you want to be much closer. However, the Shimakaze herself isn't very stealthy* (she's on the level of Gearing and Grozovoi, outspotted by Yueyang and Fletcher, don't get me started on Kagero and Yugumo) so getting close AND to the side of an enemy is very dangerous, requires much care and good situational awareness. All this combined makes a 12km Shima an EXTREMELY positioning-sensitive destroyer, more so than any other t10. Good players can get good result from her speed and the sheer power of her torpedoes - worse ones will probably snipe at incoming ships from 10+km, making their torps laughably easy to dodge and contributing little. 12km torps aren't too good against enemy DDs either, so Shima doesn't have that much presence in cap fights, making them all about spotting (but she's not terribly stealthy, remember?) and positioning.

8km. These torps are scary, they give Shima a bit more presence in the cap (these torps are FAST and there's still a lot of them; despite not excelling in stealth, they are dangerous even to DDs) but they are very short range for t10. There are many Radar ships and Shima still doesn't have all that great guns - 8km Shima's playstyle is extremely aggressive, extremely risky and just as - if not more - positioning-sensitive as 12km one. If your situational awareness fails you, you're very dead.

To sum it up, Shima

- SEEMS to be promising easy, safe playstyle

but to be effective

- REQUIRES an aggressive approach that puts her at harms way regularly

The two combined mean that people most attracted to Shima are poorly suited to playing her - if they try to play as they thought she would, they will suck. If they try to change playstyle to suit the strength of the ship, they will most likely die a lot because people who wanted a "safe" ship probably aren't very good at aggressive DD playstyle. And the people that do like such playstyle... probably aren't grinding IJN DDs but rather some other line - more obviously and consistently short-range one.

All that said, what I'm trying to convey is that Shima is not as weak a ship as many think (or as her stats suggest). If you're performing badly in Shima, it's because you're performing badly in her NOT because she's too weak to perform well in. Still, I don't deny that she could use a buff... but, ho and behold - SHE'S GETTING BUFFED IN THE NEXT PATCH. More precisely: her concealment gets better. Although that won't help the people most responsible for her low winrate - concealment, after all, serves best the very playstyle Shima rewards already: the aggressive one where you win through positioning. Only now she gets the extra toy to play with: she can spot any other DD without getting spotted herself (assuming, of course, that she can manage the distance, not always an easy thing to do).

Mostly agreed in what you say about the Shimakaze but you're also drifting off topic.

If you read well what i said; i find this ship too weak to contest a cap vs another DD, then with the amount of radars in the game, being Aggressive (and i'm more often blamed for being too aggressive than not enough), you'll find yourself depending greatly in your support, simply because you don't have the fire power to compete vs a gunboat and torp can be too easily avoided by a good player, many time support is an issue because players are not in a position to offer it.

Then it depends on stealth and there is no point denying that in a game where the enemy team have 5 radar ships, if there are 3 caps, you'll spend more time detected than not, with a good team, killing radar ships before taking caps is possible, with your average team, it's not, you spend your time spotting, asking for fire support, end up detected by the radars or the enemy DD and deleted faster than other DDs because your health pool is lower.

Shell for shell, Shima have a deficit of 52.25% in fire power compared to a Gearing on reload time only, you CANT count on your torps to help you out with this sort of reload time, the 7.73% lower HP compared to a Gearing doesn't help, so what are you left with? Torps with a reload time of 117 sec for the Type93.

What is possible at lower tiers, running away and munching up the DD which races you is not an option on the Shima because of lower HP and lower maneuverability,  in short for the tier it is much weaker than the Akatzuki for example, a well played Kagero can even manage to win a gun fight against you using its maneuverability, and you can get detonated by one, i know it happened to me. 

Point of the topic, for this sort of ships, radars limits capabilities a lot more than with one of the top 3 gunboats, especially around a cap simply because concealment is not enough to compete effectively in these condition. 

Conclusion: W.G felt the need for buffing the Shima, and i didn't know they would before posting this, so i was right on this point, O.P ships are not an invention, some DDs are well O.P compared to the Shima, perhaps even with the recent buff, i don't think they will ignore the issue of having as many radar than DDs in a game for much longer.

[NWP]
Players
1,938 posts
12,778 battles
4 hours ago, ThinderChief said:

LOL! The gossips makes me laugh all the time.

What gossip is that?

I DONT do clubbing, i train my commanders with the premium ships i have, i won the Kamikaze R and i use it this way, i also purchased a Yubari for this purpose, that's for one.

Sure, that's just one way of calling it. Still doesn't change that you go back to LOW tiers for it. If you're a half decent captain you use a tier 7 or 8 premium. Will go a lot faster if you knwo what you're doing.

Second i don't like playing radars, i'm far better with other types of Cruisers, because parking my butt behind an ireland is not my favourite play style that's for two, and yes i consider them as unfair,

And the reason why you were bad at them (whilst you call them OP, go figure) is in bold. If that's all you do in them then you will be terrible in them.

There's a lot more to do in say a Des Moines than sit parked behind an island the entire game. 

i used to play Z-23 but got fade up clubbing, precisely, just because it have a sonar that leave other DD no chances, same as radars only shorter range.

Lol, a DD has plenty of choices against a Z 23. The only one that scares me a bit is the Z 52 and Lo Yang, cause of their big hydro ranges. All other are just meh.

What makes no sense to me is that most of the time when i get killed contesting a cap, my team seems unable to kill the other DD, my level of skills have got little to do with that, and NO it's not that easy, bragging is easy, hitting a well played Khaba is not, it's faster than most players expect them to be and changes direction very quickly as well. So if your turret traverse speed is low and your shells slow you're going to struggle anyway.

Well, maybe because the other DD approaches the cap at a good angle, sheltering himself from incoming fire? Or the fact that he constantly dodges?

And after a few attempts you get used to it and will hit him (BB, KM, IJN and RU cruisers, US is a bit more dodgy).

If i play a cruiser and want to support my DDs, i'll use my Zao, it's equipped with a sonar but at least it's not a maneuvrable DD equipped with smoke, so from my PoV it's a fair trade for other DD players.

Sure, the Zao is exactly the cruiser to use for close range DD support...

As expected all you contribute is flame bating and B.S. Do you know where you can stick your opinion? I guess you do.

Let me repeat it for you:

Hypothesis by you: radar ships are OP and ruin my Shima games

Stats show that you are bad at playing them, I deduce from this:

1) That you don't know how to properly position yourself ( as already mentioned above in the bolded part of text and as show by a 20% hitratio in your DM...)

2) Bad positioning leads to bad use of radar.

3) Bad use of radar leads to you misjudging radar capacities.

4) Because you misjudge those capacities you can't come up with a counterplay in your Shima.

So maybe, just maybe, you should get of your high horse and try to learn how to use radar properly. Afterwards you'll find ways of dealing with them.

But I'm pretty sure that, because my opinion does not equal yours, you'll call me god knows what and ignore it. Because YOU are the only one who is right, even though so many others are saying you aren't. 

30 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Yep, what I thought. OP thinks that forums are made to acknowledge his opinion. They are not made to discuss and explain where he might be wrong and where he could improve.

• Cool 1

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles

I don't have time for the B.S, go brag on Facebook, you might have a chance to make an impression. 

Yep, what I thought. OP thinks that forums are made to acknowledge his opinion. They are not made to discuss and explain where he might be wrong and where he could improve.

LOL! I can recall being RIGHT about the fire reduction skill with all the "specialists" jumping up and down on it, and a few other topics as well, haven't they done some to allow Cruisers to survive your spamming since on to of introducing the skill itself?

It's not my opinion that matters, it's reality and whether you like it or not, when it comes to crunch, yours doesn't matter much and changes comes, you can bang chest all you want and call people bad players as many times as you like it makes no difference whatsoever to W.G, they don't live in this stats religion planet of yours. 

I said Shimakaze was the weakest at its tier before reading the update, good lord, i was right, they just buffed it, i say there are too many radar ships per game more often than not, mark my word, it might take a year but i'm sure they're going to sasses the issue just like they did the rest. 

[TOXIC]
Players
4,423 posts
11,318 battles
1 hour ago, ThinderChief said:

Sure support can be "predicted when you keep an eye behind you to see if your "pals" aren't going to hide behind the first rock they find when the first dot appears on the map and make sure they don't have any firing angle for support. LOL.

Well, my "BS" of knowing when (and how) to push and when (and how) to bail out of the cap happens to give me over 60% solo winrate in my Shimakaze. Do you believe I magically get better teammates than you? Or maybe, just maybe, surviving in caps and getting some capping done does, in fact, rely on personal skill of the DD player, even if that DD is a Shimakaze (utterly incapable of soloing in a fair fight most DDs she meets)?

You can call it "chest banging", you can call it treating this forum as Facebook - but what about you, then? You don't honor the advice given to you by much better players, on the contrary: you say that they are wrong and claim that what they are saying is BS. So isn't the whole thread just a pitiful wailing "oh, my life is so hard, the game so difficult, and I'm so righteous for never playing the OP ships"?

People tell you how to deal with Radars. People tell you that Radars can be dealt with. People tell you that Shima - when played correctly - is a good ship even without the buff. People directly point at your biggest mistake when playing Shima (the one you make back in Port, picking torps). You've received backlash for being obnoxious but also constructive feedback - but this constructive feedback states that you should do some things differently and implies that you have still stuff to learn, so you just ignore it. All in all, it becomes pretty clear that the only real point of this thread was to get people to sympathize with you and pat you on your back - but that's you, not the others, treating it like Facebook, isn't it?

Your problems don't stem from ships being OP, Radars being too common, Shima being too weak. Your problems are connected - first and foremost - to your lack of skill and (demonstrated across this thread) vehement refusal of the very idea of learning how to play (or even accepting that you might have something to learn in that area). You've played almost 1500 matches in your Shimakaze and you have a winrate below 47% in her. That's below even that low winrate she gets on average, mate. Maybe it's the time to acknowledge that rather than trying to change the game (by whining on Forums) you should try changing the way you play? Or, for starters, identifying what you do wrong? Blaming the MM won't give you any better results, of that I can assure you.

• Cool 2

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
3 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Well, my "BS" of knowing when (and how) to push and when (and how) to bail out of the cap happens to give me over 60% solo winrate in my Shimakaze. Do you believe I magically get better teammates than you? Or maybe, just maybe, surviving in caps and getting some capping done does, in fact, rely on personal skill of the DD player, even if that DD is a Shimakaze (utterly incapable of soloing in a fair fight most DDs she meets)?

You can call it "chest banging", you can call it treating this forum as Facebook - but what about you, then? You don't honor the advice given to you by much better players, on the contrary: you say that they are wrong and claim that what they are saying is BS. So isn't the whole thread just a pitiful wailing "oh, my life is so hard, the game so difficult, and I'm so righteous for never playing the OP ships"?

People tell you how to deal with Radars. People tell you that Radars can be dealt with. People tell you that Shima - when played correctly - is a good ship even without the buff. People directly point at your biggest mistake when playing Shima (the one you make back in Port, picking torps). You've received backlash for being obnoxious but also constructive feedback - but this constructive feedback states that you should do some things differently and implies that you have still stuff to learn, so you just ignore it. All in all, it becomes pretty clear that the only real point of this thread was to get people to sympathize with you and pat you on your back - but that's you, not the others, treating it like Facebook, isn't it?

Your problems don't stem from ships being OP, Radars being too common, Shima being too weak. Your problems are connected - first and foremost - to your lack of skill and (demonstrated across this thread) vehement refusal of the very idea of learning how to play (or even accepting that you might have something to learn in that area). You've played almost 1500 matches in your Shimakaze and you have a winrate below 47% in her. That's below even that low winrate she gets on average, mate. Maybe it's the time to acknowledge that rather than trying to change the game (by whining on Forums) you should try changing the way you play? Or, for starters, identifying what you do wrong? Blaming the MM won't give you any better results, of that I can assure you.

Errr. Are you here to debate the topic or only to shine up your aura?

You're so much into yourself you just forgot that you have to rely on how many team mates again?  Can i laugh? This game doesn't resolve around YOU.

So bringing up your personal record have absolutely NO relevance to me because it means nothing without a good team around you, as long as you keep writing B.S (i reiterate it's complete "me, me me" B.S) you're not going to make an impression on me, you better get over it.

How do i need the sympathy of flamers which sole intention when they write in a topic is to show the rest of the world how better they are? Seriously you overestimate yourself. A lot.

~Now get off my back you're  wasting my time and topic space. Cheers.

• Bad 1

Players
896 posts
8,679 battles

Wow, just wow.

How can one be so *edited*

No matter how many guys tell you otherwise you will always believe you are right. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i am always right

Edited by NickMustaine
Insults and Provocations
  • Funny 1

[SNUBS]
Players
1,300 posts
6,880 battles
6 hours ago, ThinderChief said:

Reality denial doesn't make you right.

Exactly! so crawl out of that hole and  git gut.

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
Alle 4/25/2018 alle 19:52, GarrusBrutus ha scritto:

Wow, just wow.

How can one be so *edited*

No matter how many guys tell you otherwise you will always believe you are right. 

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor i am always right

LOL. It's not the numbers of guys, it's the guys and the way they say whatever.  

Alle 4/25/2018 alle 19:54, lameoll ha scritto:

Exactly! so crawl out of that hole and  git gut.

Because 5 radars per team is not excessive perhaps? You guys make me laugh, a lot.

Players
2,165 posts
1 hour ago, ThinderChief said:

No his points were not only valid, but on topic and polite. He's absolutely correct the 20km torps are utterly useless even when accelerated, they're so easy to spot and avoid, he's offering you experienced advice and as another DD player I recognise his advice as completely sound.

All your responses in this thread are defensive accusing others of attacking you, the fact is you need to read the considered advice and change your play, you will then improve. Until the point that you realise it's your approach to playing that's the core issue you will continue to struggle if not outright fail and be a drag on your teams.

Radar is a fact of life for high tier DD players, you either learn how to cope or stop playing DD.

• Cool 2

Players
896 posts
8,679 battles

LOL. It's not the numbers of guys, it's the guys and the way they say whatever.  

"Its the way they say things" Read your own comments and then think about the reactions people give. Maybe if your attitude was different you'd get different reactions.

But hey, what do I know right? Youre the expert here.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,300 posts
6,880 battles
1 minute ago, BeauNidl3 said:

No his points were not only valid, but on topic and polite. He's absolutely correct the 20km torps are utterly useless even when accelerated, they're so easy to spot and avoid, he's offering you experienced advice and as another DD player I recognise his advice as completely sound.

All your responses in this thread are defensive accusing others of attacking you, the fact is you need to read the considered advice and change your play, you will then improve. Until the point that you realise it's your approach to playing that's the core issue you will continue to struggle if not outright fail and be a drag on your teams.

100 % this 

Sign in to follow this