Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThinderChief

Call that FAIR Match making?

124 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
1,938 posts
12,778 battles
1 hour ago, ThinderChief said:

Very simple: I do NOT play O.P ships, meaning NOT a top 5 win rate ship or radar ship from tVIII to tX, for figures look at Warships statistics i consider them unfair and refuse to give to this play style.

But you don't mind to (try to) go clubbing in the Kamikaze R on low tiers... 

Maybe you should then play / buy some of those high tier OP ships. Also your US CA line stats show that, if they really as OP as you claim,  you haven't managed to grasp their OPness.

15 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

That's correct. I sold ALL my radar ships and i'm happy with that, at least my stats reflects my level of skills not that of my ship, it's even the opposite. 

If you're "unfortunate"enough to play with me and are unable to hit a Khaba when we need fire support perhaps you'll understand what i mean by O.P.

Yep, your stats on US CAs with radar reflect your skills in working as a radar cruiser. And, surprise surprise, because you don't know how to use it, I'm not surprised you don't know how to play against a radar ship.

Hitting Khaba is easy, depending on the ship you're playing. But it all depends on the situation. This kind of general statement makes no sense.

[GWDYS]
Players
409 posts
3,032 battles
2 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Just did. Poor Chapayev, and guess what, we won, not because we were that better, but because they had only one and our Des Moines ended up to scorer for both teams, what a surprise...

Interesting, so killing important ships will most likely lead to victory. Who knew :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,316 posts
11,020 battles
5 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

I never said a BAD ship,  i said the weakest for its tier. 

My experience differs from that ... I don't have many TXs yet, but Shima is the one I perform best with.

Although I have to mention my Yamato seems to be cursed .. last 8 battles with her were all losses, even detonated twice (but that's another topic).

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
4 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Shima is weak?

shima.thumb.PNG.33a767fbe8ff1b2fab61d61712200927.PNG

shimasolo.thumb.PNG.3700cd1dfecdfb56bf8c0284742e255f.PNG  (solo)

Yes, she is not the easiest ship to play. It will be a bit easier starting tomorrow, I do welcome the concealment buff and torpedo air detection buff. If the torpedo reload is too long to you, do what I do: Use F3 torpedoes. They work especially well against those gunboat DDs you deem to be OP.

I didn't have time to read about the next update, it might be good news for Shima players.

I use Type93 with torpedo acceleration skills (16 km, 67 kt) to counter radar ships it leaves me with a larger buffer than the F3, i tried them i find myself hoping i had more range.

I wasn't doing to bad with 20km torp range either and no it's NOT (as some would love to say) a question of firing and hoping to hit something, good BB players change direction too often for even the fastest torp to score consistently, if i chose this combination it is solely because when there are radars in the game, i'd rather not try to cap before i know where they are. 

If there is only one at the opposite side of the map i'll cap although the Shima is not the best at contesting caps, especially if your team is not ready to provide you enough fire support to win it vs a gunboat.

4 hours ago, Asakka said:

Interesting, so killing important ships will most likely lead to victory. Who knew :Smile_hiding:

That's a team effort isn't it? I know it but so if you did read my introduction to this topic you'll figure i mention the fact that too many players doesn't.

I have a lot less issues winning when there are no radars is the game, even less when they are on my team. go figure this one.

• Funny 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles

@ThinderChief

If you want to use the worst torpedoes in the game, ... well, that's your decision. At least try the 12 km torps, their detection range is much better. The 20 km torps can be seen from the moon.

It is rather easy to play against radar. You know where they like to sit and you know when they will use it. Use islands or your great speed to wait out the radar and then proceed to devastate them while they are blind and stationary. The real problem are enemy DDs (and planes of course, though they are rare).

One more tip: Shima can play solo in some situations. However, she is much stronger with teammates. Make sure you have support when you go for a cap or when you fight against DDs.

• Cool 1

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
10 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

I use Type93 with torpedo acceleration skills (16 km, 67 kt) to counter radar ships it leaves me with a larger buffer than the F3, i tried them i find myself hoping i had more range.

:Smile_veryhappy:

As expected from such a "great" player as yourself.
Please, go back to the hole you crawled out from, since you were absent from the forums for past few months, and I assume nobody missed you, and your holy war against everyone playing different from you, because you are the only one playing the game properly, while surprisingly having INSANELY bad stats.

Players
894 posts
8,670 battles

Hahaha classic. 20km Shima player complaining about radar. Funny thing you havent started about cvs yet because they can actually make your life in a shima hard without you being able to do anything about it. Atleast radars you can avoid. 

[MIRAI]
Players
1,200 posts
10,606 battles
40 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

As expected the usual reality denial thing. We've seen it before.

This is a discussion forum, it can happen there are posts from people who don't agree with your opion.

I am not happy when I see for example one vs. four radar ships and it can be a pain in the ... if two reds coordinate for permanent radar but I don't consider radar being unfair. Plan your movement (have an escape route without being shot by half of the red team), spot the radar ships, try to avoid getting into their range, especially in the beginning (no, being cautious is not cowardly), help killing enemy DD etc.

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
4 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

But you don't mind to (try to) go clubbing in the Kamikaze R on low tiers... 

Maybe you should then play / buy some of those high tier OP ships. Also your US CA line stats show that, if they really as OP as you claim,  you haven't managed to grasp their OPness.

Yep, your stats on US CAs with radar reflect your skills in working as a radar cruiser. And, surprise surprise, because you don't know how to use it, I'm not surprised you don't know how to play against a radar ship.

Hitting Khaba is easy, depending on the ship you're playing. But it all depends on the situation. This kind of general statement makes no sense.

LOL! The gossips makes me laugh all the time.

I DONT do clubbing, i train my commanders with the premium ships i have, i won the Kamikaze R and i use it this way, i also purchased a Yubari for this purpose, that's for one.

Second i don't like playing radars, i'm far better with other types of Cruisers, because parking my butt behind an ireland is not my favourite play style that's for two, and yes i consider them as unfair, i used to play Z-23 but got fade up clubbing, precisely, just because it have a sonar that leave other DD no chances, same as radars only shorter range.

What makes no sense to me is that most of the time when i get killed contesting a cap, my team seems unable to kill the other DD, my level of skills have got little to do with that, and NO it's not that easy, bragging is easy, hitting a well played Khaba is not, it's faster than most players expect them to be and changes direction very quickly as well. So if your turret traverse speed is low and your shells slow you're going to struggle anyway.

If i play a cruiser and want to support my DDs, i'll use my Zao, it's equipped with a sonar but at least it's not a maneuvrable DD equipped with smoke, so from my PoV it's a fair trade for other DD players.

3 hours ago, cro_pwr said:

:Smile_veryhappy:

As expected from such a "great" player as yourself.
Please, go back to the hole you crawled out from, since you were absent from the forums for past few months, and I assume nobody missed you, and your holy war against everyone playing different from you, because you are the only one playing the game properly, while surprisingly having INSANELY bad stats.

As expected all you contribute is flame bating and B.S. Do you know where you can stick your opinion? I guess you do.

[MIRAI]
Players
1,200 posts
10,606 battles
19 minutes ago, lup3s said:

My experience differs from that ... I don't have many TXs yet, but Shima is the one I perform best with.

Although I have to mention my Yamato seems to be cursed .. last 8 battles with her were all losses, even detonated twice (but that's another topic).

RNG gives, RNG takes.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,462 posts
6,638 battles
32 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Oh? So you don't disagree don't you?

LOL. The usual mediocre patronising tone doesn't work, fact being, i bring up real issues, you bring up flame bates and name calling because you don't like it, that's another topic. Please vaccate.

Yes, yes I DO disagree.

And no, you didn't really bring real issues. You already came in here with a tone that made pretty much everybody hate you and caused them to bash you. Then you further said that everybody who disagrees with you is denyig reality.

The facts are: Shima is getting a buff in all of about 1 day,  what you give you shall recieve on these forums (which is exactly what happened), and this thread is a pointless irritation. (or a comedy, depending on who you ask)

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
Alle 4/25/2018 alle 14:42, FallenOrchid ha scritto:

This is a discussion forum, it can happen there are posts from people who don't agree with your opion.

I am not happy when I see for example one vs. four radar ships and it can be a pain in the ... if two reds coordinate for permanent radar but I don't consider radar being unfair. Plan your movement (have an escape route without being shot by half of the red team), spot the radar ships, try to avoid getting into their range, especially in the beginning (no, being cautious is not cowardly), help killing enemy DD etc.

That's what i'm talking about. 

Unbalance in strength, either ships, either radars/sonars or all of them and it happens more often than not.

I have a large number of screenshots showing just that, in one game it was 5 vs 2 (for the other team) not to mention the potential radar on their Pan-Asia DD.

As a thumb rule it makes capping impossible and if you're not with a team who get the overall picture you're done, they're never going to give you the support you need, the only game i won today with the Shima, i spotted the Chapayev and was congratulated by my team mates, not that it makes me a hero but i kept him spotted for them, they failed to kill him, i managed to do so with some torps, while our Des Moines got the top score and more to the point was doing a great job at forbidding enemy DD to come anywhere close to the cap.

I do consider them unfair as it takes little skills to destroy a DD with one of those, if a DD player could shut the radar with as much ease as their players can turn them on you'll understand.

DD relies on stealth, there is no substitute to it, no HP pool, not fire power, so considering what you have to do to kill a Missouri with a Shima or a gunboat, yes i think it is unfair one can buy them and get the extra XP and credit at your expense.

I use those tactics btw to try to counter them but as said previously, it's a team effort, so i dont know how much this change in the Shima will help, we will see.

Alle 4/25/2018 alle 14:53, domen3 ha scritto:

Yes, yes I DO disagree.

And no, you didn't really bring real issues. You already came in here with a tone that made pretty much everybody hate you and caused them to bash you. Then you further said that everybody who disagrees with you is denyig reality.

The facts are: Shima is getting a buff in all of about 1 day,  what you give you shall recieve on these forums (which is exactly what happened), and this thread is a pointless irritation. (or a comedy, depending on who you ask)

Look who is talking.

Excuse me but i don't like your tone and your attitude. Pack your flame bates and get off my back. 

Alle 4/25/2018 alle 14:53, Asakka ha scritto:

He is the DD equivalent of german BB sniping 20+km away 

Am I? 

Because you figured you can torp a Chapayef with its radar ON using F3 torps and not get slaughtered, i taught Billy Connolly was the funniest guy i possibly come across up to today.

• Funny 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles

Wow, you are hopeless. Why did I even bother?

Enjoy playing Asashio from J line. Bye.

• Funny 1

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
8 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Oh man, if you think this is bad, you should have seen his topic where he rushed with Gneise into 5 enemy ships, grounded himself and died (DUH!) then posted that screenshot on the forum to explain to us that he is the only one playing properly, and all the rest of us, including hes team are [edited] that have no idea how this game should be played :Smile_veryhappy:

That might not be the pinnacle of human stupidity, but it was quite close :Smile_veryhappy:

[GWDYS]
Players
409 posts
3,032 battles
3 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Am I? 

Because you figured you can torp a Chapayef with its radar ON using F3 torps and not get slaughtered, i taught Billy Connolly was the funniest guy i possibly come across up to today.

Have you tried torping him while his radar is not ON ?

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles

Sure, as i said the genius spoke. 

Have you tried to cap when one of those geezers is parked behind a rock and wait for the cap marker to turn red before turning it ON? Nice little picture, it doesn't make your case.

If things were so easy for them, DD players wouldn't get killed so easily.

[W-C]
2,462 posts
6,638 battles
11 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

Oh man, if you think this is bad, you should have seen his topic where he rushed with Gneise into 5 enemy ships, grounded himself and died (DUH!) then posted that screenshot on the forum to explain to us that he is the only one playing properly, and all the rest of us, including hes team are [edited] that have no idea how this game should be played :Smile_veryhappy:

That might not be the pinnacle of human stupidity, but it was quite close :Smile_veryhappy:

Lel...that must've been a sight to behold

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
6 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

Man you should have seen this game where i was the only one doing something, when i was chewed up by a DD and had no other solution but to Yolo while those with the big mouth were content looking and offering little support.

Seriously i it had been me i wouldn't dare coming up with this B.S, failing to provide support to a team mate is a reportable offence isn't it?  What i know is that your team generally loose if your team mates prefer to camp miles away and fail to support you when needed.

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
2 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Man you should have seen this game where i was the only one doing something, when i was chewed up by a DD and had no other solution but to Yolo while those with the big mouth were content looking and offering little support.

Seriously i it had been me i wouldn't dare coming up with this B.S, failing to provide support to a team mate is a reportable offence isn't it?  What i know is that your team generally loose if your team mates prefer to camp miles away and fail to support you when needed.

Yea, YOLOing in 3rd minute because you had no other solution :Smile_veryhappy:

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles

Well if that's all what this update provide to Shimakaze players it's too little, even if it's a start.

Best example i can give, from the grid, if i use engine boost, i'm on cap before my main weapon (torps) are ready.

As the game progresses and introduces new ships, flag_Japan.png normal.png X Shimakaze must also adapt and continue to be capable of completing her primary combat objectives. In Update 0.7.4 we enhance the combat performance of this destroyer and reduce her standard detectability range by sea to 7.11 km (5.59 km with all possible modifiers applied), which lets her spot most of her same-tier adversaries while staying undetected.

[W-C]
2,462 posts
6,638 battles
1 minute ago, ThinderChief said:

Well if that's all what this update provide to Shimakaze players it's too little, even if it's a start.

Best example i can give, from the grid, if i use engine boost, i'm on cap before my main weapon (torps) are ready.

Well there's also this:

"As well as this, the detectability range of torpedoes by air is reduced by half. This will let the "torpedo destroyers" to fulfil their roles more efficiently, especially in battles with aircraft carriers."

I think shima gets the most out of this one

Players
1,048 posts
21,637 battles
2 minutes ago, cro_pwr said:

Yea, YOLOing in 3rd minute because you had no other solution :Smile_veryhappy:

Third mn? Sorry i can get you down from your little cloud so easily, i know this BB is fast but i was already on the CA, chewed up by a DD trying to support MINE, now, try to get to the cap with Gneisenau on Two Brother's map in 3mn. 

So as i said, your bunch puss"ed out of providing proper support doesn't make your story right, it makes it an excuse, and a bad one.

Anyway if Disneylandish stories and B.S about other players is all you can contribute to this topic, you might just as well try another one because your opinion is the last i could care of. 

Sign in to follow this