Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThinderChief

Call that FAIR Match making?

124 comments in this topic

Players
1,048 posts
22,068 battles

Very simple: I do NOT play O.P ships, meaning NOT a top 5 win rate ship or radar ship from tVIII to tX, for figures look at Warships statistics i consider them unfair and refuse to give to this play style.

Every single time i play a destroyer at these tiers, it would be either the Kagero or the Shimakaze, torp boats. The Shima is weak, nerfed torps with abysmal reload time, below average guns,  low HP, i get detonated by a Kagero two tiers under etc, but before radar started to breed like rabbits it was still manageable.

Now it's near impossible to cap, let alone to win a game when there are a multitude of radar ships in the opposite team and i counted up to 5 = FIVE of them in a single game.

The result is always the same, my team looses DDs like flies to a cloud of DTT, next thing we know if we have any cruiser in a smoke cloud, he is next on the list if not first because they can't hope to maneuver as fast as a DD, we can try flanking, targeting the radars since it is most likely that you'll get radared while spotting your life expectation is proportionate to the number of radars in the game.

When i am lucky enough to be on the "right" side of this bad equation, i generally win, but it is less likely while playing a Shima, and i gave up on US Dds since i don't like their gun characteristics, so what gives? 

Will W.G ever look at balancing the game so that a category of players doesn't get screwed over systematically this way?

Shimakaze is the weakest of its type at tX and there is a reason, with an average win rate below 49%, i'm sure no one will claim that this is due to bad players, although i saw BB players hitting the "capture this area" repeatedly when there was 4 or more radars in the opposite team, even firing at you when you preferred to wait and spot them before moving on the cap, then blaming DDs for loosing the game, take some doing.

With a team of good players, one or two radars per game is still winnable, they will naturally try to kill them and respond when you call for fire support after spotting them, so as to provide you with some breathing space and allow you to cap, with your average XP farmer, forget about it, they won't even try, they will rather loose the game killing the enemy DD you out-spot and can control than the radar which is going to take your stealth away from you just by pressing a key. Where is the skill in that?

Now, add to that Z-52 (3rd win rate), on Khabarovsk that no one seems able to hit when you need fire support and you get the picture. last game i spotted the Chapayev which my team failed to kill, we lost two DDs in less than 5mn (myself included), the cap and probably the game before either DD could pile up any real damage, talk about being screwed.

I have countless screenshots of this radar unbalance, so i know there is an issue here. Let's expose it.

shot-18.04.25_10.03.12-0016.jpg

shot-18_04.25_11_06.58-0543.thumb.jpg.4e97dac49b0fd6f6fadfc3ef614430d8.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,324 posts
8,010 battles

Matchmaker does NOT care about "fair" matches or not.

The only job of the MM is to take ships from the queue and put them into two teams. Nothing more.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,410 battles

Is this really a "Buff Shimakaze" thread one day before the patch hits, where Shimakaze gets a really good buff?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

Players
2,735 posts
10,310 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Is this really a "Buff Shimakaze" thread one day before the patch hits, where Shimakaze gets a really good buff?

Nah, its the "I'm bad, but I have a good excuse for it" thread.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts

radars or not , its not reason to go and whine , yes MM bad , still try harder,,, or wait for mirror MM

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,365 posts
8,996 battles
1 minute ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

radars or not , its not reason to go and whine , yes MM bad , still try harder,,, or wait for mirror MM

You ment symmetrical MM :cap_look:

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,926 posts
17,183 battles
3 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

Isn't that happening tomorrow as well? :cap_hmm: Not long to wait then. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! :cap_win:

Now close thread pls. :Smile_smile:

Players
1,048 posts
22,068 battles

Blah... The usual mediocre flame baters, i see it never changed.

Reality denial doesn't make you right. 

I base my comments on real statistics, meaning all those Shimakaze and even Gearing players which compose the stats showing below 50% win rates aren't that bad, only their ships are 1) not as strong as the top 3/4, 2) it get even worse when you play a low HP torp boat and have to face one of the top gun boats because your concealment is gone at the touch of a key.

NO skills involved there.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,410 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, ThinderChief sagte:

because your concealment is gone at the touch of a key

Don't touch that key then?

Vor 8 Minuten, ThinderChief sagte:

I base my comments on real statistics, meaning all those Shimakaze and even Gearing players which compose the stats showing below 50% win rates aren't that bad, only their ships are 1) not as strong as the top 3/4

Which is exactly why the Shimakaze is getting buffed tomorrow. So who is denying reality now?

[CATS]
Players
19,465 posts
12,228 battles
34 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Very simple: I do NOT play O.P ships, meaning NOT a top 5 win rate ship or radar ship from tVIII to tX, for figures look at Warships statistics i consider them unfair and refuse to give to this play style.

Every single time i play a destroyer at these tiers, it would be either the Kagero or the Shimakaze, torp boats. The Shima is weak, nerfed torps with abysmal reload time, below average guns,  low HP, i get detonated by a Kagero two tiers under etc, but before radar started to breed like rabbits it was still manageable.

Now it's near impossible to cap, let alone to win a game when there are a multitude of radar ships in the opposite team and i counted up to 5 = FIVE of them in a single game.

The result is always the same, my team looses DDs like flies to a cloud of DTT, next thing we know if we have any cruiser in a smoke cloud, he is next on the list if not first because they can't hope to maneuver as fast as a DD, we can try flanking, targeting the radars since it is most likely that you'll get radared while spotting your life expectation is proportionate to the number of radars in the game.

When i am lucky enough to be on the "right" side of this bad equation, i generally win, but it is less likely while playing a Shima, and i gave up on US Dds since i don't like their gun characteristics, so what gives? 

Will W.G ever look at balancing the game so that a category of players doesn't get screwed over systematically this way?

Shimakaze is the weakest of its type at tX and there is a reason, with an average win rate below 49%, i'm sure no one will claim that this is due to bad players, although i saw BB players hitting the "capture this area" repeatedly when there was 4 or more radars in the opposite team, even firing at you when you preferred to wait and spot them before moving on the cap, then blaming DDs for loosing the game, take some doing.

With a team of good players, one or two radars per game is still winnable, they will naturally try to kill them and respond when you call for fire support after spotting them, so as to provide you with some breathing space and allow you to cap, with your average XP farmer, forget about it, they won't even try, they will rather loose the game killing the enemy DD you out-spot and can control than the radar which is going to take your stealth away from you just by pressing a key. Where is the skill in that?

Now, add to that Z-52 (3rd win rate), on Khabarovsk that no one seems able to hit when you need fire support and you get the picture. last game i spotted the Chapayev which my team failed to kill, we lost two DDs in less than 5mn (myself included), the cap and probably the game before either DD could pile up any real damage, talk about being screwed.

I have countless screenshots of this radar unbalance, so i know there is an issue here. Let's expose it.

shot-18_04.25_11_06.58-0543.thumb.jpg.4e97dac49b0fd6f6fadfc3ef614430d8.jpg

In short: Yes

Learn to deal with radar. It is part of the game. Other people are doing fine.

To be honest, I see absolutely nothing problematic in your posted teamoverview.

Players
1,048 posts
22,068 battles

Is it? We will see by how much and if it enough to make it competitive in this context.

Will it actually solve the issue of the number of radars in a game? I think not.

I know that some players love to delete DDs using a BB (wonder why they need BB to do that in the first place, but eh, Missouri brings up a lot of credit doesn't it? ), so basically they get their credit and XP at the expense of other players, that's what this topic is all about, O.P Ships, unbalance between types (about to be solved for one say you) and the number of radar ships in a game. 

Last one i managed to stick 1 torp in the enemy Missouri, not enough apparently, as i said, he got the credit and XP, i got screwed, reminds me of a game where i played my Montana wnd wasn';t shot at by another BB until i p"ssed one off  with a citadel on his Yamato from max range, says a lot about how people actually farm instead of playing teams...

Fade up with this cowardly play style.

Yeah sure, another genius.

Problem doesn't exist, all those i played with were unable to "deal with it".

"Other people are doing fine"

NO they're NOT, otherwise Shima wouldn't be lowest of its tier in terms of win rate and Moskva/Des Moines top. I sold all my radar ships and i prefer not to give up to the general B.S-ing.

Thanks for the lecture, no thanks.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,740 battles

Wow...well aren't you one uptight snowflake? Crying for buffs that are going to happen in one day anyway, while also fixing a lot of others....

I suggest you try tea....with a hint of rum.

Also, try using the "quote" button, since nobody knows who you're reffering to. It works great.

Players
1,048 posts
22,068 battles

Who's crying for buff?

This hardly qualifies for crying for buff, since i mentioned the fact that Shimakaze was manageable even with O.P ships until the plethora of greedy players splashed dosh on Missouri to brush up their win rates, and W.G figured more radar ships were needed in the game, think i didn't notice their increased number of from tVIII to tX perhaps?

What would be VERY interesting to see is WHO kills WHAT with WHICH ship, i'm sure we'll have some surprises.

My solution would be to limit the number of radar-equiped ships to 2 per team and per game, they would already cover most caps on most maps. 

Now, result of last game, the ONLY ship this Missouri managed to kill was my Shima, if you need a premium BB to do that...

shot-18_04.25_11_49.24-0150.thumb.jpg.21ce51f1b661e4fbb615b98b72827bcf.jpgshot-18_04.25_11_49.24-0150.thumb.jpg.21ce51f1b661e4fbb615b98b72827bcf.jpg

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
52 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Very simple: I do NOT play O.P ships

Oh this is going one of that kind of posts, huh? :fish_palm:

for figures look at Warships statistics

WoWS Numbers shows statistics from players whos accounts have been visited on that site and those are statistics since games release not how it it now, a.k.a. you have no clue how statistics works

Something like this:

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/

is far better

Shimakaze is the weakest of its type at tX and there is a reason, with an average win rate below 49%

I'd say a good deal of that weak WR is thanks to how many potatoes own a Shima (from those same stats you linked it has almost double games played as the next closest t10 DD) and a good deal of those potatoes fire nothing but widespread 20km torps wondering why they never hit anything. Something as simple as that can have a lot of impact

And what is exactly wrong with that MM? Apart from the faildiv, of course

3 BBs (10 / 9 / 9) vs 3 BBs (10 / 9 / 9)

4 CAs (10 / 10 / 8 / 7 fd) vs 4 CAs (10 / 10 / 9 / 8)

5 DDs (10 / 10 / 10 / 9 / 8) vs 5 DDs (10 / 10 / 10 / 9 / 8)

Hell, even radars are balanced (as long as noone has traded their smoke for another radar) at 2 (up to 3) vs 3 (up to 5)

In fact, lets actually look at it

Here's t10 DDs compared on the 1st quarter of this year

63TBMPY.png

• Note how Shima is owned by so many that you can put Gearing + any other together to get the same number
  • Total battles played -> if we generously assume tat 50% are played by potatoes potatoes and 50% are by those who have a clue about what to do -> Shima alone has about as many potato games as all of the Gearings games combined, not even talking about the other 3
  • Yes WR is the lowest by a bit more than half-a-percent (ironic the other sub-50% WR DD is the other one which is owned by everyone and their mother), and that's also probably why shima gets a buff on tomorrows patch
  • Av. dmg seems to be pretty average (pun intended :Smile_trollface:)
  • Av. kills is on the lower end, but that's what you get for hunting BBs and avoiding DDs
  • Survival rate - again, pretty average
  • And after the last 2 points I have to explain to you why KD is below average - there is no hope for you

14 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Last one i managed to stick 1 torp in the enemy Missouri, not enough apparently, as i said, he got the credit and XP, i got screwed, reminds me of a game where i played my Montana wnd wasn';t shot at by another BB until i p"ssed one off  with a citadel on his Yamato from max range, says a lot about how people actually farm instead of playing teams...

Sounds like a severe case of "git gud" :cap_yes:

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
19,465 posts
12,228 battles
4 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Yeah sure, another genius.

Problem doesn't exist, all those i played with were unable to "deal with it".

"Other people are doing fine"

NO they're NOT, otherwise Shima wouldn't be lowest of its tier in terms of win rate and Moskva/Des Moines top. I sold all my radar ships and i prefer not to give up to the general B.S-ing.

Thanks for the lecture, no thanks.

All DD have the same problem with radar. Shimas performance has nothing to do with radar. Shima suffers from bad concealment compared to other DD, low firepower and sluggishness.

Be more patient and more careful, then radar is not much of a problem.

[DAVY]
Players
2,609 posts

All this whining about radar ships and and how 'it's not fair on poor me' etc. and he has played a couple of thousand battles (out of 10k) in radar ships :Smile_teethhappy:The irony is strong in this thread.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles
3 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

All this whining about radar ships and and how 'it's not fair on poor me' etc. and he has played a couple of thousand battles (out of 10k) in radar ships :Smile_teethhappy:The irony is strong in this thread.

You know, radar can be swapped out for an aircraft, and OP in his self-righteousness would be someone who could potentially do that. Just sayin' :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[DAVY]
Players
2,609 posts
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

You know, radar can be swapped out for an aircraft, and OP in his self-righteousness would be someone who could potentially do that. Just sayin' :Smile_teethhappy:

True...or even refuse to use it as it's OP. :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
1,048 posts
22,068 battles

Right LOL.

As expected the usual reality denial thing. We've seen it before.

I can remember having a positive win rate with some IJN DDs before people figured a radar will actually help boost their win rates, "and is quiet good with them" was the stats page comment.

I don't need to know how "stats works" those are good enough for everyone to see. 

2 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

True...or even refuse to use it as it's OP. :Smile_teethhappy:

That's correct. I sold ALL my radar ships and i'm happy with that, at least my stats reflects my level of skills not that of my ship, it's even the opposite. 

If you're "unfortunate"enough to play with me and are unable to hit a Khaba when we need fire support perhaps you'll understand what i mean by O.P.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,740 battles
5 minutes ago, ThinderChief said:

Right LOL.

As expected the usual reality denial thing. We've seen it before.

Yeah you're right. We can see it in every post you make.

Do you know why everybody hates on you and this thread? It's not because we disagree with you, but because you're being a d*ck. You might want to consider creating calmer threads and voicing your opinions normally if you want to actually get some decent answers.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,322 battles

Yeah, reading this little potatoes comments here I conclude that this is another hopeless case, no need to waste oxygen in this thread. Oh well, at least some of us tried to to get some sense in him

[THESO]
Players
591 posts
3,600 battles

Try to kill enemy radar ships so your team has more, i heard it helps :)

[SCRUB]
Players
3,617 posts
12,058 battles

I don't "feel" the Shima is a bad ship ... and I don't "feel" much issues with radar ships ... which means there are none at all and the Shima is very good ? right ??? I can get used to this way of thinking :cap_book:

Anyway, Shima is my most played TX ship and I do fine with her. Probably a case of L2P. :cap_yes:

Players
1,048 posts
22,068 battles
18 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Yeah you're right. We can see it in every post you make.

Do you know why everybody hates on you and this thread? It's not because we disagree with you, but because you're being a d*ck. You might want to consider creating calmer threads and voicing your opinions normally if you want to actually get some decent answers.

Oh? So you don't disagree don't you?

LOL. The usual mediocre patronising tone doesn't work, fact being, i bring up real issues, you bring up flame bates and name calling because you don't like it, that's another topic. Please vaccate.

8 minutes ago, Asakka said:

Try to kill enemy radar ships so your team has more, i heard it helps :)

Just did. Poor Chapayev, and guess what, we won, not because we were that better, but because they had only one and our Des Moines ended up to scorer for both teams, what a surprise...

I don't "feel" the Shima is a bad ship ... and I don't "feel" much issues with radar ships ... which means there are none at all and the Shima is very good ? right ??? I can get used to this way of thinking :cap_book:

Anyway, Shima is my most played TX ship and I do fine with her. Probably a case of L2P. :cap_yes:

I never said a BAD ship,  i said the weakest for its tier. 

Players
1,675 posts
16,693 battles

Shima is weak?

shima.thumb.PNG.33a767fbe8ff1b2fab61d61712200927.PNG

shimasolo.thumb.PNG.3700cd1dfecdfb56bf8c0284742e255f.PNG  (solo)

Yes, she is not the easiest ship to play. It will be a bit easier starting tomorrow, I do welcome the concealment buff and torpedo air detection buff. If the torpedo reload is too long to you, do what I do: Use F3 torpedoes. They work especially well against those gunboat DDs you deem to be OP.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this