You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Best premium dd gunboat, and best dd gunboat line?

43 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
746 posts
2,918 battles

Question is in the topic really, if i want speed and gun based firepower from my dd:s, what line is the best, and also, is there a good premium dd or light cruiser that fits this description?

cheers

1,471 posts
10,088 battles
3 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Question is in the topic really, if i want speed and gun based firepower from my dd:s, what line is the best, and also, is there a good premium dd or light cruiser that fits this description?

cheers

Khabarovsk

• Angry 1

[CATS]
Players
15,926 posts
11,172 battles

Is that really that hard to find?

There is only one line that fits the desciption: RU DD

For premium: Leningrad or Blyska, if you do not mind taking a polish ship that has no tech tree.

Players
132 posts
5,986 battles

Khaba if u want a dd, Minotaur for light cruisers.....Kidd should be a good prem gunboat too......

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

Tachibana. :cap_rambo:

If you want speed and gunpower, you want the Russian line, and their premiums. If you also want some stealth, the US DD line has okay stealth and good gunpower, but they're not good at long range. After those you have the Pan Asians, I believe.

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,495 battles
20 minutes ago, thiextar said:

cheers

RU DDs are the gunboats. There are exceptions like Akizuki. And for the prems, as mentioned already, Leningrad is excellent but so is HSF Harekaze too, with Akizuki's guns. It gets 1 turret less than Akizuki, but better torps, concealment and manouverability.

[WGP2D]
Players
183 posts
10,499 battles
34 minutes ago, thiextar said:

cheers

Just play the russian DDs and for the premium ship get the Leningrad :Smile_coin:

Players
952 posts
5,610 battles

Agree that Leningrad and Soviet line is what you are looking for.

Just consider that Leningrad needs a somewhat specialized captain. It can be made to work without EM and CE, but they are considered a (big) plus.

[T-N-T]
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,083 posts
9,467 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

cheers

Akizuki (great gun but low speed) and this line it will soon get also t9 and t10 jap gunboat DD which will be faster 

Players
4,349 posts
7,746 battles

For bonus points I'd add French hightier cruisers, with Sierra Mike and their Engine Boost active they can get around rather fast and have plenty of range to pretend they are 3XL russian destroyers

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,502 posts
15,364 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

cheers

OK

I would start with the German DD. Good gun boats and reasonable stealth with good Torps

The RU DDs are indeed the best Gunboats But they are really not NOOB  Friendly..  I don't mean that in anyway as an insult. Its just RU DD are the hardest DD tech line to play. Get some experience in other DDs first.

Other wise you risk being disillusioned with DD play,  and that would be a sham as DDs are SOOOOO much fun

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,357 posts
11,267 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

cheers

Well, your description sounds like "I want a Khabarovsk" but be warned - that line doesn't really qualify as DDs. They are treated by the game as DDs but they - especially at high tiers - absolutely suck in most things that are expected of DDs. Their speed is great and their firepower very good - but their concealment sucks, preventing them from being effective in cap contesting and DD hunting. The sole exception would be Grozovoi (the top of the alternate USSR DD line).

If you want firepower but still want to be a destroyer, there's the option to look at USN or PA line, probably (if you can handle the moon-scraping shell arcs) or maybe the German one... Never played that last one though, so I can't say anything about it.

There's also the Akizuki line that is supposed to get completed in some unclear point in the future - judging by Akizuki herself, it's a great choice for firepower. But as far as speed is concerned... nope. And until t8 they are hardly gunboats anyway.

Beta Tester
2,145 posts
2,329 battles

The best premium gunboat destroyers are the Blyskawica and the Leningrad.

And if you enjoy the close range knife fighting style, the Lo Yang - with her hydro to back up cap contests and smoke engagements - is also a great ship.

Beta Tester
2,428 posts
9,422 battles

Harekaze

While the other mentioned premium DDs (especially KIDD) are good picks too, Harekaze B-Hull (100mm guns) provides fantastic AP performance, superb firestarting capabilities, top concealment and nice torpedoes. 

Plus we will get T9+10 successors for the Akizuki soon, same captain. 

[SM0KE]
Players
2,611 posts
6,459 battles

For the premium, I find Anshan quite worthwhile too (it is lower tier though) - decent guns, and has superior range on its torps, compared to its Russian siblings...

[-AP-]
Players
746 posts
2,918 battles

Ok, so per peoples recommendations, ill go for the russian dd line with the leningrad. What would be the best build for my captain for the leningrad/also the other dds?

Do i want ifhe?

Do i want bft/aft?

What would be the best skill build?

Answers would be appriciated

[ZEN]
Players
1 post
772 battles

As of january 2019

DD stats

Capture.PNG

So at T10 the best gunboat wuld be Harugumo even though Khabarovsk is the only one without a minimum. Basically if you hit your shots Harugumo is the best.

As said above though, IJN dds start to be good gunboats at T7.

These are just stats and I guess the best way to know is still experience playing the different ships.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
3 hours ago, Titicha_2015 said:

As of january 2019

DD stats

Capture.PNG

So at T10 the best gunboat wuld be Harugumo even though Khabarovsk is the only one without a minimum. Basically if you hit your shots Harugumo is the best.

As said above though, IJN dds start to be good gunboats at T7.

These are just stats and I guess the best way to know is still experience playing the different ships.

And how is this related to the OP? The nigromancy notwhistanding?

OP was asking for prem DDs, and perhaps the best line, how is a table with TX DDs relevant?

I mean, at least learn to read if you are going to necro an 8 month old thread...