You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zapata82

More and more frustrating....

66 comments in this topic

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles

I played around 8k5 matches till now.

1. When both teams have DDs than the enemy team has nearly always 1 DD more, the ratio is at least 90-10%. Last time my team had 1 DD more is long long long ago....

2. Matchmaking is a joke, in last months I have seen more and more that one team has 2, 3 or even 4 crack DDs and the other team has only useless coward DDs achieving NOTHING, sometimes not even spotting! So I have to kill DDs to have a chance (even when I use a BB).

3. *edit useless cyclone much too often, sometimes one after another - who do *edit needs *edit cyclone and why so often???

4. *edit players hiding ALL match long behind an island doing exactly NOTHING - why are they still in this game and not thrown out???

5. Disconnections like 10min before, but of course the enemy team did not disconnect and sunk my ship...

6. Matchmaking is getting worse and worse, one team has Fiji, Belfast & Atlanta other team none of them. Or 1 tea has 2 Atlantas the other nothing special.

7. Playing T7 or T8 ends mostly as T9 / T10 fodder, so I sold most T7 and T8 ships.

8. If this is going on further... KISS MY [edited]....

Edited by Jbnn
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[M_OB]
Players
435 posts
3,949 battles

Indeed, the past 2 weeks Ive lost almost every single game Ive played. From 58 total winrate down to 56. But yea its completely random the matchmaking isnt it :D My Iowa has sub 30% winrate while my Missouri has almost 60% despite it being more or less the same ship, so random, many balance.

Dont bother about stats you have no chance to affect them anyway, just play for fun and if you get angry turn the game off

• Bad 2

[NOCAP]
Players
1,512 posts
15,430 battles
9 hours ago, Zapata82 said:

1. When both teams have DDs than the enemy team has nearly always 1 DD more, the ratio is at least 90-10%. Last time my team had 1 DD more is long long long ago....

2. Matchmaking is a joke, in last months I have seen more and more that one team has 2, 3 or even 4 crack DDs and the other team has only useless coward DDs achieving NOTHING, sometimes not even spotting! So I have to kill DDs to have a chance (even when I use a BB).

3. *edit useless cyclone much too often, sometimes one after another - who do *edit needs *edit cyclone and why so often???

4. *edit players hiding ALL match long behind an island doing exactly NOTHING - why are they still in this game and not thrown out???

5. Disconnections like 10min before, but of course the enemy team did not disconnect and sunk my ship...

6. Matchmaking is getting worse and worse, one team has Fiji, Belfast & Atlanta other team none of them. Or 1 tea has 2 Atlantas the other nothing special.

7. Playing T7 or T8 ends mostly as T9 / T10 fodder, so I sold most T7 and T8 ships.

:cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween::cap_haloween:

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles

Well, if someone would stand in front of me and telling me that matchmaking is fair and only random I would beat him to a bloody pulp...

And the people responsible for *edit cyclone - I HOPE THEY WILL BURN IN HELL! 

When cyclone comes up the match is to 95% booooooooring and useless and often ends with NOTHING happenning - stupid... REALLY!

Edited by Jbnn
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

1,471 posts
10,088 battles

3. *edit useless cyclone much too often, sometimes one after another - who do *edit needs *edit cyclone and why so often???

4. *edit players hiding ALL match long behind an island doing exactly NOTHING - why are they still in this game and not thrown out???

1) Solved in 2 days.

2) Solved in 2 days.

3) Its not that often.

4) Its free to play, for everyone.

5) Up to your machine, I have no DCs.

6) Solved in 2 days.

7) T7 is known to be top tier most of times, T8 have some hard time indeed. But not always, you can be top tier as well. No fuss here.

8) Rude.

As you can see, 8 statements and only one can be half true, about bad players. But nothing you can do about it.
Rant over.

8 hours ago, Zapata82 said:

Well, if someone would stand in front of me and telling me that matchmaking is fair and only random I would beat him to a bloody pulp...

And the people responsible for *edit cyclone - I HOPE THEY WILL BURN IN HELL! 

When cyclone comes up the match is to 95% booooooooring and useless and often ends with NOTHING happenning - stupid... REALLY!

Internet warrior calm down.

• Cool 1

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles
1 minute ago, Boris_MNE said:

1) Solved in 2 days.

2) Solved in 2 days.

3) Its not that often.

4) Its free to play, for everyone.

5) Up to your machine, I have no DCs.

6) Solved in 2 days.

7) T7 is known to be top tier most of times, T8 have some hard time indeed. But not always, you can be top tier as well. No fuss here.

8) Rude.

As you can see, 8 statements and only one can be half true, about bad players. But nothing you can do about it.
Rant over.

1. LOL

2. LOL

3. LOL LOL LOL

4. OK

5. So half of my team has machine problems in the same time? Are you just insane and/or stupid or what?

6. LOL

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,110 posts
7,848 battles

1 *edit

2 *edit

3 l2p

4 ....wat?

5 errr... ship happens?

6 ...are you seriously trying to suggest the Atlanta is some overpowered super ship? L2P doesn't even begin to cover your problem here...

7 T7 is literally the tier with the absolute best matchmaking out there... get a little drip of reality, would you?

8 pretty much what I wanted to say, thank you!

Edited by Jbnn
  • Cool 1

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles
8 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

1 *edit

2 *edit

3 l2p

4 ....wat?

5 errr... ship happens?

6 ...are you seriously trying to suggest the Atlanta is some overpowered super ship? L2P doesn't even begin to cover your problem here...

7 T7 is literally the tier with the absolute best matchmaking out there... get a little drip of reality, would you?

8 pretty much what I wanted to say, thank you!

Thats all you got? LOL! TOTAL meaningless post with no real arguments at all but that seems normal here......

1 min ago played a match and guess what? 4 of our 5 DDs killed in 5min and the other team 4 DDs left with 2 crack DD players...

But of course its only my imagination... 

And the other team had a crack Atlanta with 4 kills of course.... yes its only random.... LOL

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

And the people responsible for *edit cyclone - I HOPE THEY WILL BURN IN HELL! 

Is MM random? As far as we know and leaving unsubstantiated claims aside it is (within its rules).

However, randomness does not necessarily equal fairness. Not within a single game, hardly within two or three, maybe even not within a hundred but over time it should equal out. It depends on what RNGesus gives you. It is entirely possible that you will get 20 games in a row without any radar ship on your team while the enemy team gets two or three (or more). That's not fair but it is random.

If you now decide to just beat me into half a bloody pulp because I disagreed with half of your statement, I'll gladly give you the address for a location where we can meet. :Smile_hiding::Smile_teethhappy:

Thats all you got? LOL! TOTAL meaningless post with no real arguments at all but that seems normal here......

Well, at least he kept the niveau of his post on par with yours...

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles

9000 battles and you manage to be in the edge of a burn out.

How can you manage to do that?

chill.

I went to see your stats, you are a bb main, your election tier it's 5.

You made the difficult part, making that piece of crap (Konig) to work for you, don't let the frustration get to you now.

T7 it's very over rated, that tier it's full of failed ships with two exceptions. (Fiji I don't know).

Funny thing, in co-op your most played class  it's cruisers, why not trying them out in random? In operations?

Personally I have t7s for three reasons.

- Operations

- means for an end (other ships like t8 and whatnot)

- to not have to go through them again.

But mainly for operations.

In the next patch some of your problems may be mitigated.

calm down, take a deep breath, take a break.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

1. Confirmation bias, not a reality. Also will be "fixed" in patch on Thursday
  2. Players skill (or lack of it) has nothing to do with MM
  3. I see cyclone so rarely I kinda wish I'd get it more often. Just unlucky roll of RNG on your part
  4. Potatoes being potatoes. And being *edit isn't against the rules
  5. There are (were?) some issues with that, yeah. But if you still have them - make sure it's not on your end, more than likely it is
  6. All of them are seen as t7 cruisers regardless of which one in particular it is. MM doesn't need to have perfectly mirrored team lineups as long as it mirrors tiers and classes, and in most cases (ships like GC, Saipan or Payfast partially excluded) ship selection matters little, what matters is the player behind it. A potato will suck in any (well, almost any - already mentioned 3 good examples) ship, and a unicum may make even the worst ships work like there was nothing wrong
  7. While it's true that t8 gets into t10 games constantly and is an issue that should be addressed, t8 BBs (class you play) are more than strong enough to take it, and, oh boy, you are so so wrong about tier 7 -> 7s are top tier basically always, it's one of if not the best tier in the game to play
  8. Bend over and kiss it yourself

Let me tell you a little secret - if you use your W key and move forwards, you can keep fighting even in cyclone! I know, it's magic! Your BB actually moving FORWARDS?! Heresy! Being closer than max range? Must be cheating!

But hey, you're just another *edit making BB players like me look bad, chances are you didn't even know such a thing as keyboard existed :cap_popcorn:

Edited by Jbnn
  • Cool 2

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,358 posts
11,268 battles

Yeah, right.

MM is not supposed to balance skill, only the ships themselves. And yes, you are supposed to try to kill enemy DDs when they get spotted. DDs are stealthy little buggers that cap things and capping things brings victory. A lot of WoWs gameplay is about killing enemy DDs and preventing your own DDs from getting killed (especially when there's no CV on the map).

3. *edit useless cyclone much too often, sometimes one after another - who do *edit needs *edit cyclone and why so often???

You play mostly BBs that actually kinda benefit from cyclone, you know? Unless you snipe, then yeah, suddenly you can't snipe anymore but are still too far to do anything else.

4. *edit players hiding ALL match long behind an island doing exactly NOTHING - why are they still in this game and not thrown out???

What is psychopatic about hiding behind islands? And if they really accomplish nothing by doing that, well, guess what: bad players are bad. It's not a bannable offense, though.

Well, that sounds like a problem on your end, then, right? Most people don't disconnect too often...

It's not getting worse, it always had problems - though they tend to boil down to big disparities with the number of Radars per team, really.

T8 get t10 battles often, yes.

T7 hardly ever gets t9 battles, though. It's arguably one of the most generous (top tier often, bottom tier rarely) tiers in the game. You might've been a bit hasty with selling your t7 ships.

*smooch*

There, I hope it hurts a bit less now :Smile_trollface:

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles

Thanks, there MUST be a reason for at least 90% vs 10% 1 DD more or/and better DD players in the other team, mathematical it is more or less impossible to be random, I mean over 1 year with this matchmaking reality. Random would be OK, I'm not seeking for ultimate fairness. But stats are speaking a VERY CLEAR language here....

Even with the slow Iron Duke I have to kill at least 2 DDs to have a chance to win a match cos mostly my DD team members are outnumbered and outclassed...

And still managing over 50% winrate with the Iron Duke. I'm a DD killer expert now - not that I wanted it.

7 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:
  1. some issues with that, yeah. But if you still have them - make sure it's not on your end, more than likely it i

You mean when half of my team was disconnected its my issue? LOL

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
3 minutes ago, Zapata82 said:

Thanks, there MUST be a reason for at least 90% vs 10% 1 DD more or/and better DD players in the other team, mathematical it is more or less impossible to be random, I mean over 1 year with this matchmaking reality. Random would be OK, I'm not seeking for ultimate fairness. But stats are speaking a VERY CLEAR language here....

Even with the slow Iron Duke I have to kill at least 2 DDs to have a chance to win a match cos mostly my DD team members are outnumbered and outclassed...

And still managing over 50% winrate with the Iron Duke. I'm a DD killer expert now - not that I wanted it.

:Smile_amazed:

Iron Duke it's t4, right?

you know what's fast, and can eat dds alive?

Kuma. you have it. Use it.

And you speak like killing dds it's a bad thing

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
7 hours ago, Zapata82 said:

It is not. The likelyhood of course depends on the number of games you are talking about. But mathematically impossible as in "probability = 0", no.

And unless you can provide a significant amount of match-ups that can be analyzed and show how *edit you - you as in "you, personally" - over in 9 out of 10 matches, I, and I'd guess a lot of other people, see little reason in taking your claims - influenced by selective perception, confirmation bias and other nice psychological stuff - seriously.

Everyone has bad battles, everyone has bad streaks. That's part of randomness.

7 hours ago, Butterdoll said:

:Smile_amazed:

Iron Duke it's t4, right?

you know what's fast, and can eat dds alive?

Kuma. you have it. Use it.

Orion is tier 4. Iron Duke is tier 5.

[NOCAP]
Players
1,512 posts
15,430 battles

Just to put this into perspective: This guy has 2.3k battles with König and 62% BB battles. Enjoy! :Smile_popcorn:

[L4GG]
Players
1,658 posts
6,503 battles
1 minute ago, Tungstonid said:

Orion is tier 4. Iron Duke is tier 5.

T5? ohhh, man you have so much to hunt with. @Zapata82.

listen to the bunny, man.

thank you, Tungstonid, guess I'm a little confused. 

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
Just now, Ze_Reckless said:

Just to put this into perspective: This guy has 2.3k battles with König and 62% BB battles. Enjoy! :Smile_popcorn:

That is indeed some interesting perspective to put on this whole discussion..

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles
7 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

It is not. The likelyhood of course depends on the number of games you are talking about. But mathematically impossible as in "probability = 0", no.

And unless you can provide a significant amount of match-ups that can be analyzed and show how *edit you - you as in "you, personally" - over in 9 out of 10 matches, I, and I'd guess a lot of other people, see little reason in taking your claims - influenced by selective perception, confirmation bias and other nice psychological stuff - seriously.

Everyone has bad battles, everyone has bad streaks. That's part of randomness.

Nonsense, of course its not personal.... LOL

But maybe it has something to do with region of connection or some wrong numbers or programming. My job is not present stats here if you dont believe it so what. Over 90% vs 10% has NOTHING to do with randomness - that would be mathematical nearly impossible. In 1 year I have seen ONLY 1 maybe 2 matches where my team had 1 DD more. If you think that this is connected somehow to psychology than you should consider to visit one...

7 hours ago, lafeel said:

That is indeed some interesting perspective to put on this whole discussion..

You are clearly an *edit and you have the nerve to talk? LOL LOL LOL

Edited by Jbnn
  • Funny 1

Players
2,160 posts
50 minutes ago, Zapata82 said:

I play a fairly large number of DD games at a variety of tiers, while the DD numbers are sometimes unequal it's not that common and hopefully with the next patch it will be less common.

There's no skill bias to the Matchmaker and the answer to everyone that thinks it's biased is WHY WOULD IT BE? What purpose would it serve?

As to killing DD's, you do realise that DD's sometimes kill DD's, quite often in fact, but it's actually better if the friendly DD has support fire to kill the enemy DD so that:-

1. Gunfighting a DD tends to leave you as a DD badly hurt

2. Gunfighting a DD means the gun bloom for 20s leaves you easy for anyone in your gun range to see you which screws the concealment that DD's rely on to live

3. Torpedoing DD's can and is often done, but DD's are twisty turny buggers and it's far from reliable unless the target is sat still.

The net effect of all 3 is that it's better for the team if the friendly DD has support fire, massively so. If the support is farming damage on enemy BB's and ignoring spotted DD's then most of the spotting value is thrown away.

If the DD numbers are unequal then support fire from friendlies is even more important.

As to cyclones I've not found they're all that common, maybe just luck on my part or bad luck on yours, I suspect a slight exaggeration from you though.

I had one disconnect mid battle today, only affected me, it's the first I've had other than getting bumped to login during game load in about 3 weeks. I don't recall mass disconnects other than a while back when the server wen't a bit wonky.

After 9k games I'm rather surprised at your rant, what I've posted above is hardly secret information.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
6 hours ago, Zapata82 said:

You are clearly an *edit and you have the nerve to talk? LOL LOL LOL

People like you are why I play pve to be honest.

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles

Facts are facts: 

When BOTH teams have DDs and its not equal then its NEARLY always so that the enemy team has 1 DD more MOSTLY. Very very very seldom my team. FACT.

When both teams have 4 or 5 DDs its mostly the enemy team that has the crack DD players and my team coward/useless/noob DDs. 

I like killing DDs of course but I did not wanted to be a DD hunter/killer if you get what I mean. But I must...

Beta Tester
2,029 posts
2,749 battles
3 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

People like him are why the internet is what it is.

That too.

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles
6 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

People like him are why the internet is what it is.

You too, not 1 valid argument! That shows soooo much. Oh yes the internet is so baaad. Do you wanna cry now? LOL! 

6 hours ago, lafeel said:

People like you are why I play pve to be honest.

Truth hurts? What a looser you are - and not 1 logical argument - poor VERY POOR....