You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SeaWolf7

0.7.4 King of the Air +AA Defence Expert Achivements

77 comments in this topic

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles

Greetings guys.

Update 0.7.4 is bringing some new achievements to the game regards to AA damage contribution. Clear sky has been removed and in its place there are Two new Achievements,

King of the Air: :cap_rambo:

Requirements: Destroy ad least 55 Enemy aircraft inc floatplanes launched from cruiser or BB. Can be completed with Aircraft carriers.

AA defence Expert::cap_rambo:

Requirements: Destroy ad least 40 Enemy aircraft inc floatplanes launched from cruiser or BB. Can be completed in destroyers cruisers or BB's.

Does anyone feel these are a tad ambitious?:Smile_amazed:

WG I would like to see these lowered if possible. I don't see how these are achievable for good players let alone you average Player?

Regards

Wolf

• Cool 1

Players
2,160 posts

Most I've ever shot down in one game is 33, no CV has been silly enough to feed me that many planes or any more. 40 is pretty unlikely, I can't see that achievement being obtained often by anyone, if ever.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,196 posts
14,454 battles

40 plane kills for surface ships is way too many. Would've preferred them to revert it to 30, 35 at most.

55 for a CV isn't exactly a cakewalk either unless your enemy is completely :etc_swear:. I would reduced it to ~45.

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles

You have a mistake in your first post, it's:

Both achievements are issued for knocking down a fixed number of aircraft in a single battle: 55 enemy aircraft for "King of the Air" and 50 for "AA Defense Expert".

They just replaced one unobtainable achievement with two unobtainable achievements. WG at work.

Not only will the mid tier players never achieve them. High tier players will almost never see them, unless they are unicums. And all that for paltry 10 AA flags.

WG logic or "we don't play our game so we have no idea how to balance it".

• Cool 3

Players
471 posts
2,269 battles

My personal bests on my main account 47 old Bogue, 35 Cleveland, 44 Hood, 41 Alabama, 52 Missouri and 51 Des Moines

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,196 posts
14,454 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

50 for "AA Defense Expert"

I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

Players
1,066 posts
5,709 battles

Too much I say. Comming from one broken achivement to simply ridiculously high requirements.

edit: And honestly it is bs. For flags that only slightly improve your aa and can be easily obtained from campaigns, ranked, events and other means in high quantity.

Show me those "lucky" people that HAD a CV game, HAD an AA spec ship and HAD been targeted by carrier for whole game.

[BS4]
Players
880 posts
5,487 battles

28 in the Hood ...no chance...

30 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

You have a mistake in your first post, it's:

Strange on the video at 2 :21 secs in it clearly states 40 enemy aircraft in the achievement pop up demo?:cap_hmm:

Guess they thought it was to low and hence increased it.:cap_wander:

[FJAKA]
Players
1,991 posts
11,811 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Most I've ever shot down in one game is 33, no CV has been silly enough to feed me that many planes or any more. 40 is pretty unlikely, I can't see that achievement being obtained often by anyone, if ever.

my max number of killed planes is - 74 in MK, 83 in saipan

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
11 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Show me those "lucky" people that HAD a CV game, HAD a AA spec ship and HAD been targeted by carrier for whole game.

Hello, it's me. Record is 70 with Iowa and it wasn't AA specced at that time, not even sure if manual AA was a thing back then( 26.07.2016 ) :cap_rambo:

Players
1,066 posts
5,709 battles
Just now, Profilus said:

Hello, it's me. Record is 70 with Iowa and it wasn't AA specced at that time, not even sure if manual AA was a thing back then( 26.07.2016 ) :cap_rambo:

Good for you. My max is 29 in Saint Louis (cruiser) and seriously I can't remember if high tier carrier was ever going near me in a cruiser for more that one raid.

Plus you have 14.000 plus battles. Statistically it would happen.

But then do we really need achivement based on pure luck?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,773 battles
8 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Ofc we don't. As others said, instead of 1 nearly impossible achievement, we now have 2. The old Clear Sky(the 1 we had before what we gonna lose now) was doable.

Players
2,160 posts

It takes an impressively stupid CV to feed that many planes into the AA aura of a ship that's already shot down loads, that or collusion.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,713 posts
9,928 battles
1 hour ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

*cough*SoloWarrior*cough*

As for the original question:

55 aircraft as a CV and 40 aircraft for non-CVs is just nonsense. The requirement should scale with tiers. The first couple aircraft carriers don't even have 55 aircraft in total and even if double CV games aren't exactly rare, getting 55 aircraft kills is still an obscenely high threshold. In the middle tiers where you typically get one CV per team, 55 aircraft is roughly equal to two thirds of the entire air fleet if not more. That number is only halfway realistic going up to the high tiers and even then getting 55 aircraft kills is a tall order unless the enemy CV is literally feeding his aircraft to you.

And I'm not even going to bother going into detail as to how utterly laughable the 40 aircraft threshold for non-CV class ships is.

As it was noted, for signal flags whose ingame bonus isn't exactly the greatest (and highly situational to use for any non-CV ship unless you division up with a CV), those requirements are completely out of proportion. The economics with those achievements are totally out of whack.

41 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

It takes an impressively stupid CV to feed that many planes into the AA aura of a ship that's already shot down loads, that or collusion.

Oy, leave Trump out of this.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

It would be impossible to get a King of the air achievement for carriers lower than 7, unless you face two carriers and both of them are potatoes.

In Zuiho it will be totally impossible. I have the record of most planes shoot down in a single battle on it and I barely reached 57 (back when you could do strafes with it).

Also, no one (except other carriers) ever shoot down more than 30 planes from me, and probably was a Minotaur totally aa spec which constantly kept pestering somewhat near potential targets... The only chance a non carrier ship could get AA defense expert it's that BOTH carriers (your team and the enemy one) are totally moron potatoes which barely know how to play. Enemy one must send it's planes right into the AA spec ship and your carrier must not intercept them at all.

Even then. For shooting down 40 planes a high tier carrier should send ALL it's attack planes on it.

And all this just for the same 10 flags?? Just wtf?? WHY??? Things were pretty ok the way they were so far!!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,282 posts
10,727 battles

If it's 40 it's fine I guess. (but 30 would be better)

I've (recently) had 40 plane kills with ShinyHorse, and 46 with NC, but didn't even get Clear Skies. :cap_old: