Update 0.7.4 General Feedback

53 comments in this topic

[UNOVI]
[UNOVI]
Players
51 posts
16,429 battles
1 hour ago, HaZarD_X said:

hy the ffffffff every update you destroy our gameplay, you destroy our mods, you destroy eve

3 hours ago, GreenReleaf said:

U guys forgot to mark the smokescreen buff on Jack Dunkirk :)

Quality Control does not exist in WG. you should know that by now.

Players
445 posts
7,614 battles

Noticed flag and module upgrades show bonuses in green and penalties in red. 

This is very much appreciated.

edit: And the markings of special skills on commanders of course. Except for Jack's SS expert skill apparantly. 

• Cool 1

Players
28 posts
8,188 battles

I do like the new penalty system but there are a few things I am not happy with about it, one is that you are penalised for someone ramming you, yesterday I got deliberately rammed out of a cap zone so someone would get the credit for taking it, I was in an Atago and they were in a currywurzt, I couldn't get out of the way as he caught me side on, I now have 49 penalty points due to being rammed for over 3km out of a cap zone when it wasn't my fault, there needs to be an algorithm to distinguish between a deliberate ram of a stationary ship  and accidental collisions as this is going to affect the most careful of players, also being penalised for client crashes like my husband was yesterday, not a good way to go about treating players for the games client instability!

Players
179 posts
2,673 battles
10 hours ago, Raziel_Walker said:

Noticed flag and module upgrades show bonuses in green and penalties in red. 

This is very much appreciated.

I agree. Of course, the information has always been there, but now the pros and cons are colour coded, making the choice much easier.

Nice work, WG. :Smile_great:

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
12 hours ago, InsaneLyouS0 said:

Nicely done WG now u brought stealth firing again!! 

Ships wont render for freaking 10 seconds

Pretty sure that's just the bugged "last spotted location" that you are referring to. Instead of having gray outline sometimes it has the red outline like the ship is spotted (while it's actually not). That has been around since 2nd round of PTS started

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,052 battles
7 hours ago, Taffyqueen said:

I do like the new penalty system but there are a few things I am not happy with about it, one is that you are penalised for someone ramming you, yesterday I got deliberately rammed out of a cap zone so someone would get the credit for taking it, I was in an Atago and they were in a currywurzt, I couldn't get out of the way as he caught me side on, I now have 49 penalty points due to being rammed for over 3km out of a cap zone when it wasn't my fault, [...]

I would argue that 49 (damage?) are not really much and how do you get rammed for like 3 km? Dont you just accelerate and go forward? I dont think that there will an algorithm for that ever, so there is the option to write at ticket for that.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles
On 4/26/2018 at 10:45 PM, GreenReleaf said:

How is it that i can't use my repair party??

(...)

also got kicked out of the same game, this is after relog rn

The two are most likely closely related. It's a known bug - if you lose connection and re-log, the counters on your consumables are often messed up if they were running or on cooldown. The issue you've experienced is most likely that the repair party actually is still on cooldown - only your client doesn't display the counter properly. Yes, it can be annoying and screw you over big time (imagine a DD player after re-load that has to guess whether the smoke has come back already or not - or, worse, doesn't realize that UI is untrustworthy and THINKS he has a smoke while he really doesn't).

[TOXIC]
Players
4,422 posts
11,318 battles
On 4/26/2018 at 1:49 PM, PziCrow said:

Spotted ships takes up to 20 seconds to render in, in general, not always though.

Spotted ships not rendering in for that long aren't the matter of the WG delay - more like a combination of stronk programming and playing on a toaster.

Different capabilities of computers are the driving reason for the hard-coded delay (so that mutually spotting ships don't see each other at different moment depending on how good is both players' hardware) but this only covers small delays. If your computer is struggling, you can get a looooong delay.

Also, one more thing: currently there's a bug that can make it SEEM like there's a delay while in fact a ship is simply not spotted. If a ship "blinks" (gets very briefly spotted and then disappears) it's position on the map is displayed as red outline... and does NOT go back to grey outline (last position) despite the ship NOT being currently spotted. The result looks like a stationary ship that's spotted but refuses to render, while in reality the thing might well be somewhere else entirely.

[BACA]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

Spotted ships not rendering in for that long aren't the matter of the WG delay - more like a combination of stronk programming and playing on a toaster.

Different capabilities of computers are the driving reason for the hard-coded delay (so that mutually spotting ships don't see each other at different moment depending on how good is both players' hardware) but this only covers small delays. If your computer is struggling, you can get a looooong delay.

Also, one more thing: currently there's a bug that can make it SEEM like there's a delay while in fact a ship is simply not spotted. If a ship "blinks" (gets very briefly spotted and then disappears) it's position on the map is displayed as red outline... and does NOT go back to grey outline (last position) despite the ship NOT being currently spotted. The result looks like a stationary ship that's spotted but refuses to render, while in reality the thing might well be somewhere else entirely.

My PC: Win10 64bit, Intel Core i7 6700K, 32GB RAM, Asus Maximus VIII GENE motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB (game installed here) and a 120/10 Mbit internet connection.

The issue is not with the bug you describe, it is with ships, within spotting range, not getting rendered in for long periods after shooting and not hidden by smoke or other means. Turning all setting to lowest possible, doesn't change the rendiring time of ships, so apparently, it is not a graphical issue, but a connection issue. Playing other games that are even heavier on both graphics and connection, doesn't have this problem, so it must be on WG's side.

Players
1,489 posts
10,958 battles

All due respect but all this "quality" rhetoric rings a bit hollow when at the same time you roll out broken Asashio as-is.

At the same time, now I keep getting uptiered x2 even in Tier VII battles. In case that is a result of the "improved" matchmaking, all i can say is that's about as big an improvement as that thing you did to the Missouri dispersion upgrade a few weeks ago (btw has that been fixed in the mean time? Anybody?)

EDIT and WHY nerf HMS Orion via the Sigma? THAT was not why she was OP!

And then of course there is the exemption of the new misconduct sanctioning system for aircraft carriers that rewards them for not moving.

Warthunder is open for open Beta application. Just saying.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
4 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

I keep getting uptiered x2 even in Tier VII battles

Oh no, your 7s got placed into a tier 9 game? How horrible! How are you supposed to stomp those 2-tiers-belwo-you 5s when you are fighting 9s?!?!?! PLEASE FIX ASAP!!!!!11!

In case that is a result of the "improved" matchmaking,

It's not

MM changes:

your team has a tier A ship of a class B = enemy team has a tier A ship of class B

How frikin' hard is it to understand something as simple as that?

as that thing you did to the Missouri

They did nothing. Nothing has changed. Missouri is exactly as she was

WHY nerf HMS Orion via the Sigma?

Slight reduction in overall accuracy, especially vs smaller ships. Quite obvious, isn't it?

And then of course there is the exemption of the new misconduct sanctioning system for aircraft carriers that rewards them for not moving.

There are plenty of cases where the CV simply doesn't need to move. Same as you don't get counted as AFK in your DD for not shooting down enough planes in every game

• Funny 1

[COMA]
Players
154 posts
7,724 battles

Yo know what Wargayming? You have "improved" (like always) scenarios mode making them harder, but you know why people oven playing this mode?

TO CHILL OUT AFTER IDIOCY OF A "TEAMPLAY" YOU ARE ALLOWING IN RANDOMS AND RANKED!!!

Nobody wan't this mode harder to play, people wan't to gather some credits, make up a ship or commander in a premium vessel , gather some XP on the way and finally have some FUN.

So you know what?

GO TO HELL WITH THAT UPDATE!!!

PS: you won't see a broken penny from me anymore spent on your "games" (which is btw a fvking disgrace to ask a price of a full game for a in-game content). you can ask your uncle Putin for a donation. Bye svckers!!!!

Beta Tester
27 posts
22,602 battles

Changes to the map "Shatter" are bad and make it far more stale. Southern spawn seems to have a major advantage thanks to the placement of the 2 little islands east of the C cap. It is now possible to lock down the entire eastern part with cruisers that have high shell arcs by just placing them there, even more so if they have radar/ hydro or both ( Des Moines, Mino, Balti etc). It has become basically impossible to push them sitting in these positions. As a general trend of reworked maps, torping has also become significantly more difficult due to the island placement. The positions I just mentioned in particular are borderline impossible for DDs to get around and other ships pushing that location from the north end up in a cross fire from ppl sitting at those islands and those behind the big island at C. The intention seems to have been to make that map more "brawly" but it actually has made it far more stale, further reducing tactical options with the south having a big advantage now.

Players
1,489 posts
10,958 battles

I like the German Attack challenge because you can do it at any Tier.

This is all the more important because of the "Hello Summer" challenge which seems not completely thought through, seemingly opening up a way to "game the system" and gain the more XP the worse you fail in the corresponding battles compare this thread here:

Probably not many people will do it this way since it is dull and more time-consuming than I anticipated. And (EDIT) that's a good thing, too, because in contrast to what the wording says, you DON'T get those 2K XP "per battle", only once. For one battle - the last one.) But then again you're dealing with a fair number of nerds here and that kind of people don't really need more of a reason than "because they can". The drawback is of course that gaming this challenge in the described manner blocks the player from working on any of the other challenges and Combat Missions except "German Attack", Missing out on rewards that would also be fairly interesting.

One note regarding the "Bismarck in Action" challenge would be that while the requirements state you can do this in "Random, Ranked, Co-Op or Scenario Battle", there are no Scenario operations for Tier VIII ships as far as I know, are there?

EDIT: I don't know about the 2K XP incentive for the "Bismarck in Action" challenge. To me, it's not very incentivising since I have no interest in acquiring any higher tier German BB. To any Bismarck owner who has already unlocked the Tier IX German BB, as well as every Tirpitz owner, it's just more frozen XP. Edit2: A "Hunt for the Bismarck" container would have been a better incentive since this would also incentivise Bismarck owners out for the premium camos, as well as everyone out for special flags (which is pretty much everyone). I mean come on, I' just missing one more Item and I got 37! duplicates in the Bismarck collection so far.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
8 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:
Spoiler

I like the German Attack challenge because you can do it at any Tier.

This is all the more important because of the "Hello Summer" challenge which seems not completely thought through, seemingly opening up a way to "game the system" and gain the more XP the worse you fail in the corresponding battles compare this thread here:

Probably not many people will do it this way since it is dull and more time-consuming than I anticipated. And (EDIT) that's a good thing, too, because in contrast to what the wording says, you DON'T get those 2K XP "per battle", only once. For one battle - the last one.) But then again you're dealing with a fair number of nerds here and that kind of people don't really need more of a reason than "because they can". The drawback is of course that gaming this challenge in the described manner blocks the player from working on any of the other challenges and Combat Missions except "German Attack", Missing out on rewards that would also be fairly interesting.

One note regarding the "Bismarck in Action" challenge would be that while the requirements state you can do this in "Random, Ranked, Co-Op or Scenario Battle", there are no Scenario operations for Tier VIII ships as far as I know, are there?

You failing to understand how a very simple mission format that has been used again and again before this mission is not someone elses fault. The mission was quite clear as for how you do it and what you get for it :fish_palm:

Players
1,489 posts
10,958 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, wilkatis_LV sagte:

You failing to understand how a very simple mission format that has been used again and again before

It was only clear for those who had come across that format before. They can know this from context. I had not (or could not remember it) and therefore could not.

That wording/phrasing in and of itself is simply, very clearly and unequivocally wrong on the semantic level. The words "per battle" in a mission that clearly stretches across at least two battles allow no other meaning. (Linguistically.)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
17 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

It was only clear for those who had come across that format before. They can know this from context. I had not (or could not remember it) and therefore could not.

That wording/phrasing in and of itself is simply, very clearly and unequivocally wrong on the semantic level. The words "per battle" in a mission that clearly stretches across at least two battles allow no other meaning. (Linguistically.)

I still have no idea where you pulled that "per battle" out of, I'm sure you can imagine my best guess for it. Clue: "your" + synonym to "donkey"

Alternatively you are saying that potatoes are bananas because they are not carrots - the only mission with "per battle" is this one:

8cqEtpp.jpg

And quite clearly you have to do some stuff in one battle & you can do it 3 times. So every time you complete those requirements you get 2k xp - for each of them, not after just once doing the mission 3 times.

Players
1,489 posts
10,958 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

I still have no idea where you pulled that "per battle" out of,

It comes up when you hover your mouse cursor over the wee container icon in the challenge description.

You know?

As per usual. Very simple.

See screenshot.

SummerX.jpg

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

It comes up when you hover your mouse cursor over the wee container icon in the challenge description.

You know?

As per usual. Very simple.

See screenshot.

SummerX.jpg

Going to go with a guess that I've already done that mission as it's not in my missions tab

Anyway, I just had... what's the word - epiphany? - about what that is.

What do you "usually" have written there? "Free XP" / "Elite XP".

"XP per battle" is just a poor translation of "Oпыт за бой" - which would be better translated as "XP for battle" a.k.a. your normal XP

Players
1 post
2,251 battles

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a phase to the matchmaker where it switches around players based on their pvp rank or other skill metric? I'm getting a bit of a streak of very hard games lately where the enemy team has much higher rank players than ours and predictably our team just gets steam rolled. I understand that this will randomly happen but in cases where one team has multiple rank 1 people (in different teams) and other has none, it gets doubly frustrating. The matchmaker could have put half of the high ranked players into the other team very easily, but instead it gave us this boring impossible match. I have included a screen shot of a particularly nasty case I had just now where enemy team had four rank 1:s including a cv player and highest in our team was rank 6. 

very-fair-and-balanced.png