Update 0.7.4 General Feedback

53 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,765 posts
1,143 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback on update 0.7.4 here unless it concerns one of the following topics with dedicated feedback threads:

As usual a full list of changes can be found on our portal.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,777 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, siramra sagte:

Server problems?

Zitat
SERVER MAINTENANCE STARTS Thu. Apr. 26 07:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. Apr. 26 07:00
SERVER MAINTENANCE ENDS Thu. Apr. 26 09:30 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. Apr. 26 09:30

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,583 posts
8,338 battles

WG is as consistent as ever:

"We are happy to announce the release of the 0.7.4 update for World of Warships.  The World of Warships server will be unavailable on the 26/04/2018 from 05:00 to 07:30 UTC due to this update."

[OM]
Players
10 posts
11,823 battles

the 100% discount on capt reset doesnt work. it charges gold/xp anyway. and yes ... i have played clanbattles.

on the german page it was said that this will work from today on until may 4th

btw i think most of the complains about the downtime are due to a lack of knowledge what UTC means for your own timezone :D

in germany the servers were right on point. for germany in summertime 07:30 UTC means 09:30 

[PRPR]
[PRPR]
Players
5 posts
6,638 battles
1 hour ago, doedli said:

the 100% discount on capt reset doesnt work. it charges gold/xp anyway. and yes ... i have played clanbattles.

on the german page it was said that this will work from today on until may 4th

btw i think most of the complains about the downtime are due to a lack of knowledge what UTC means for your own timezone :D

in germany the servers were right on point. for germany in summertime 07:30 UTC means 09:30 

same problem

[BACA]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles

The 0.7.4 update list has this in it:

Upgrade of Ship Spotting System

As a part of our Public Test we tried out 2 solutions to the ships' 3d rendering and their coinciding minimap appearance issue. Based on your feedback we chose the more popular solution that should cater to most of our players. It only partially deals with this issue, yet it has no unwanted side-effects. We're planning to introduce the next round of fixes in a few updates.

In the 0.7.4 update ship detection will work as following: 3d model rendering and visual effects will happen simultaneously, while the minimap icon will be displayed just like it was in the 0.7.3 version.

Apparently they forgot to actually implement it into the live version, because ship detection system works just as in 0.7.3.

Spotted ships still appear on the minimap first, then up to 20 seconds later, the ship appears in the gameworld. So, stealthfire from ships with lower than 20 sec. reload is still happening :(

Weird thing is, on the pts server, this worked, but on live, it is just as crap as usual.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,028 battles
1 hour ago, PziCrow said:

Apparently they forgot to actually implement it into the live version, because ship detection system works just as in 0.7.3.

No they didn't and no it doesn't

Ships still appear on the minimap 1st because they are not giving up the 1...3 second delay on 3D rendering

What changed is that now smoke from smokestacks and wake effects around the ship render together with the 3D model not as soon as the ship is spotted (a.k.a. appears on the minimap)

1 hour ago, PziCrow said:

Weird thing is, on the pts server, this worked, but on live, it is just as crap as usual.

What they had on the 1st run of PTS was absolute garbage, thank god they "fixed" it for the 2nd week by taking a step backwards

[BACA]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles
46 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

No they didn't and no it doesn't

Ships still appear on the minimap 1st because they are not giving up the 1...3 second delay on 3D rendering

What changed is that now smoke from smokestacks and wake effects around the ship render together with the 3D model not as soon as the ship is spotted (a.k.a. appears on the minimap)

What they had on the 1st run of PTS was absolute garbage, thank god they "fixed" it for the 2nd week by taking a step backwards

Ah yea, I was a bit too fast there, and I agree that it's ok for ships to to appear on minimap first, then in the world.

However, allthough the ships are now rendered in with effects and so on, there are still a crazy delay. Just had a fight, where a Minotaur never got rendered, even though it was not in smoke and kept firing its guns. It took a DD's torps to randomly hit the guy and then the wreck of the ship got rendered in. Spotted ships takes up to 20 seconds to render in, in general, not always though.

I've tested my connection and it is at ~118/6 Mbit/s. Tried different graphics and sound settings, which didn't change anything.

When playing on the PTS, everything runs smooth with minimal ship spotting delay, all settings on as high as they can. So, apparently, there's a problem on the live server.

Players
22 posts
6,879 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

So they made it worse basically (though not as bad as it was initially on PTS), as expected of WG.

You know I was about to say I didn't have anything to complain about in this update and that they had a number of good changes. But I take that back now I see that their "spotting system fix" basically only "fixed" a non-issue. The thing that people care about is the pointless 5 second delay on rendering, nobody cares that the smoke renders first. If anything that could be used to at least figure out visually where the ship would render so you can aim at it quicker when it does render. Now we have even less to go on.

The most ridiculous thing about this entire mess is that ships used to render instantly on both the minimap and 3D, so to fix this all they have to do is ROLL BACK THAT CHANGE. Yet they make an entire song and dance about messing that up because apparently they lost their commit history and forgot how it was before. This is just bizarre to me.

At the time it was first introduced I remember them saying the reason is because russian toasters can't keep up with it so they added the delay to make toasters more competitive with actual PCs. And of course at the time everybody hated it just as much as they do now, but for some reason (allegedly player feedback, but I know for a fact players' opinions of this haven't changed at all since it was first proposed so that can't be the reason) they wait until now to change their mind about it.

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,028 battles
36 minutes ago, Senjougahara said:

The most ridiculous thing about this entire mess is that ships used to render instantly on both the minimap and 3D, so to fix this all they have to do is ROLL BACK THAT CHANGE.

That change was garbage, because they didn't remove the delay, they just gave your minimap the same delay as you have on the 3D

And if you mean way before before - when they hadn't introduced the delay in the 1st place - it's "not fair to those who play on coal powered toasters" or something like that

(this is why you should read whole post before answering to someone - you already answered the point I just made :Smile_trollface: whatever, I'll leave it there in case someone "doesn't know" or smth)

[NUKED]
Players
384 posts
10,079 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

That change was garbage, because they didn't remove the delay, they just gave your minimap the same delay as you have on the 3D.

Let us hope it doesnt take them as long as it did in WoT. I mean that everything is as fast as it appears on the minimap.

• Cool 1

[BACA]
Players
70 posts
7,033 battles
2 minutes ago, SN0W_WH1TE said:

AS FUCKIN USUAL

Screenshot_1.png.2b287db458a4483be60113afadbd40db.png

I'm getting this too now:fish_panic:

Maybe WG gave up and deleted the game, hehe:cap_rambo:

[FUMP]
Players
10 posts
11,779 battles

Yeah the disconnect must mean the 50p's have run out on the electricity meter

[-DNA-]
Players
92 posts

why the ffffffff every update you destroy our gameplay, you destroy our mods, you destroy everything, whyyyyyyyy???? i will never say to a friend to play this game, and if ask me why, i will tell him that devs cant do even one update correct. :etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear:

• Cool 1