Sehales

Other changes (UI, ships, maps)

20 comments in this topic

[ELCH]
Players
61 posts
7,241 battles

Jack Dunkirk is missing the [+] icon for his improved Smoke Screen Expert skill (+30% instead of +20% smoke screen area)

2018-04-26 12_38_06-World of Warships.jpg

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,058 posts
3,798 battles

The ability to change out the flags from "Commonwealth/PanAsia" to their correct nations is very nice... But you need to own the ships in  order to do so. I'm not a fan of the fictitous flags, and wish to see all ships from T1-10 having their appropriate national flag, yet I can only modify the Vampire & Fushun, since those are the only 2 ships I currently own. All the other (Gadjah Mada, Hsienyang,...) keep flying their PA-flag. Please address.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,521 posts
15,439 battles

I 'just' bought every ship I didn't want to keep in the first place, only to change the flag and sell them again. In the process I got to experience how laggy the UI is when you do a simple task like changing a flag on a ship. Seriously, the UI needs a major overhaul. I'm already looking forward to equipping signals and ranked flags when the new season starts. :Smile_great:

[-5D-]
Players
59 posts
11,984 battles

Really getting tired of having to post about the same issue over and over again.  Filter to remove Gold of France content still not available in the port UI.  Why can we filter everything else except the horrible French stuff?

[-DNA-]
Players
92 posts

anyone ask to move the team panels in battle down ? you have tickets that ask that thing??? WHY YOU BREAK THE GAME EVERY UPDATE ????? I GOT BORED ΤΗΑΤ USLESS WORKERS THERE IN WG. :etc_swear::etc_red_button::etc_swear:

Players
297 posts
9,172 battles

The Shimakaze changes are like meeeh..
Ship is still sluggish, low damage per minute and it's just a ¨sit-back¨ camping torp spamming ship.
And really slow rudder.
Just don't like the way this ship plays in the current meta.
Seen so many full HP Shima's today..... AT THE END OF A MATCH.
Either buff the guns so it's 1 sec faster reload or do something else.

[NOCAP]
Players
1,521 posts
15,439 battles
1 hour ago, PhantomSailor said:

Ship is still sluggish, low damage per minute and it's just a ¨sit-back¨ camping torp spamming ship.

That's the players, not the ship. Wait a week and they will play BBs on J line again.

Players
297 posts
9,172 battles
11 minutes ago, Ze_Reckless said:

That's the players, not the ship. Wait a week and they will play BBs on J line again.

I know, Asashio will be worse.
But yeah, if Shimakaze would get a better gun DPM, I think people will push caps and not torp max range.
Seen too many Shima's spot, then go solo to torp alone, forget caps and no teamwork.
Decrease surface detectability doesnt help.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles

Other than not being able to pick a flag for ships you don't own, the ability to change the national flag of ships is still a missed opportunity in more ways than one:

1. If it's supposed to be a choice between "neutral" and "potentially problematic flags", available only for the person that sets the rules, it sounds like a great opportunity to

- get the option to fly the historical flags for Germans and Japanese

- get the option to fly fictional flags for other countries (especially USSR, but why stop there - if someone wants their game even more detached from the reality of the conflict between countries, we could just as well use some of the special flags from Chinese version of the game - some of them look badass too)

2. Since we're already messing with national flags, it would be a great idea to actually make them customizable - let people mount other nations' flags (so that players from nations not present in the game can have "their navy") or some subset of commemorative flags, perhaps?

3. We already have filters that let people disable some "custom content" (spaceships, ARP etc.) used by other players - why don't we have a filter with for ships where you can pick a flag:

enable display of alternative national flags picked by each player (default)

ON - you see on each ship what everyone picked (only your ship is guaranteed to use your pick)

OFF - you see the version you picked on ships of other players too

This would be a great thing to implement together with #2 - thanks to this the people who like to keep things historical wouldn't have to cope with strange and/or wrong country flags

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,224 posts
14,454 battles

Hakuryu is now undoubtedly superior to Midway again. The only advantage Midway has now is larger reserves and that won't save her in a battle against a Haku.

I also question the decision to make the most micro heavy CV even more micro heavy.

Players
297 posts
9,172 battles

Asashio as it released state is just.... meh!
It's not a very good ship, and it's not a ¨Premium ship¨.
First battle, can only hit 3 Battleships, and was a CV that I never had the opportunity to hit.

My gun performance is so lacking compared to Gadjah Mada and Ernst Gaede...
Asashio NEED to rely on the friendlies for help... and in Random Battle...... you never can trust your team!
This ship need some improvements to the guns, if a Tier 8 Premium can't handle Tier 7 and Tier 6 Destroyers.... IT'S NOT A GOOD SHIP.

I HATE ASAHIO...... 2 battles... 2 losses... and unable to impact the game....
Buff the guns to 4,5 seconds!

[NOCAP]
Players
1,521 posts
15,439 battles
16 hours ago, PhantomSailor said:

But yeah, if Shimakaze would get a better gun DPM, I think people will push caps and not torp max range.

Actually, Shima did get better gun DPM a long time ago (or was it less alpha + shorter reload?). I would prefer high alpha with long reload: Sneak up on him, strike once or twice and vanish. Rinse and repeat, ninja play style.

It would be boring if every destroyer played the same way.

Players
297 posts
9,172 battles
On 27.4.2018 at 9:43 PM, Ze_Reckless said:

Actually, Shima did get better gun DPM a long time ago (or was it less alpha + shorter reload?). I would prefer high alpha with long reload: Sneak up on him, strike once or twice and vanish. Rinse and repeat, ninja play style.

It would be boring if every destroyer played the same way.

High alpha doesnt mean anything... can hit from 1100 to 2600 on a DD per salvo... but they do 2500 or so to me.
7 sec vs Aki and Pan-Asian DDs... you get murdered.. 
They can keep the alpha on Asashio.. but buff the guns to 4 second reload.
I can NOT play this ship like any other DD! Asashio has max 1800 dmg per shell...... And I hit max 2200 dmg or something with 3-4 shells.
Alpha damage doesn't mean anything.
I need to avoid fights, caps if I risk my ship.. I run away from most fights, and you always need to rely on your team.
And relying on your team now a days.... You either have poor players or avg players that only care fro themselves. 

Btw you cant rinse and repeat with the guns since you are detected for so long.
Taking massive dmg for literally nothing, really not worth it.

Players
305 posts
12,072 battles

The achievements replacing Clear Skies are still far too hard to obtain. After over 9000 battles, not once have I downed enough planes to earn either of the two new AA achievements. I did achieve Clear Skies twice (both times with Texas), so this is a step backwards, if anything. Admittedly, I rarely spec heavily into AA, but with a sample size this large, I'd expect any reasonable achievement to be obtained at least a handful of times by a competent player.

Spoiler

5553fe85-f817-45fb-850d-0c1318d19593.png

[BFS]
[BFS]
Players
210 posts
17,196 battles

Dear WG, there are 4 premium Italian ships already in the game, but no regular / common Italian ships or tech-tree.

Would it be possible to speed up the development and release of Italian tech-tree ... battleships and cruisers ?

Hopefully also WoWs will gain Italian tech-tree soon like WoT (... and Gigi Buffon as a special captain would be like a cherry on the beautiful cake ! ).

Thx in advance !

[4_0_4]
Players
4,827 posts
10,991 battles
52 minutes ago, Turbeen said:

Dear WG, there are 4 premium Italian ships already in the game, but no regular / common Italian ships or tech-tree.

Would it be possible to speed up the development and release of Italian tech-tree ... battleships and cruisers ?

Hopefully also WoWs will gain Italian tech-tree soon like WoT (... and Gigi Buffon as a special captain would be like a cherry on the beautiful cake ! ).

Thx in advance !

The italian crusers will come this year. They already announced at the beginning of the year.

[BAD-B]
Players
808 posts
2,440 battles

I have to say that the new system for rendering ships after detection is broken. I have witnessed on several times that a ship was rendered after it fired at least 2 volleys. That means 6--10 seconds for the ships (DDs mostly). Yesterday I was shot at by an Atlanta in open water where the ship did not render for about 3 volleys ...

[SWEFH]
Players
3 posts
3,357 battles

Hello wargaming...This is the first time in my gaming career i have ever feelt the need to type to game developers.But i must get this of my cheest.First of all ,All the ppl a play with loves this game and are very happy with the work u put in to it,So a message to all of u at wargaming,,full ahead flank :=) keep up the good work.

Now to my big worry.The teir 10 russian destroyer Grozovoi, Never in my time in this game have i had so much problem in a ship that i have in the grozovoi.

I have spent alot of time experimenting with the ship to try and find something to make it work,,But no.I have followed the forums and youtube videos on it for sime time now to find a sulotion,,but no.

U need to do something to it,If o boild my work down on it and come up with my result it must be the insane amount of damage it takes from all type of shells.

No othe destoyer i have ever played takes the amount of damage the grozovoi does.

Well what to do with it i dont know,but make it work pls,There is alot of ppl now  on forums and youtube and in game that have been whaiting along time now for u to fix this beutiful destroyer.

Thx for your time and carry on..

Best regards   Andreas Jensen.