Sehales

Ranked Season

83 comments in this topic

Players
506 posts
29,467 battles

There will be no normal playable ranked untill you not remove system for keeping the star by top player in loosing team.

Otherwise there will be people who playing normally for the  team who lifting camping "star savers" on thier backs.

Tested on test server "mini ranked". Simply camping all the battle in yamato and yoloing after whole teams death will give you top xp automatically.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
837 posts
5,957 battles

I surprised how good are been my ranked battles. My only issue with ranked battle are those damn AFKers as I pointed here: 

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles
2 hours ago, hrzo18 said:

?

shot-18.04.27_21.33.15-0036.jpg

Sigh.

Ranks 23 to 11 are played at tier 8

Ranks 10 to 2 are played at tier 10

Rank 1 is played at tier 7

[COBRA]
Players
29 posts
10 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sigh.

ok, but look picture

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles
48 minutes ago, hrzo18 said:

ok, but look picture

Yes I looked at it. Now re-read what I wrote

11 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sigh.

You are rank 15 - means you are playing tier 8s. Get to rank 10 to play 10s. And then when you finally get (or rather if you get) to rank 1 you will be playing those 7s (then again that's a good joke bcuz noone plays them) and doing the mission

[RDF]
Players
163 posts
11,842 battles

all premium ships shoud be taken out of the rankt so all habe the same and no xp or what ever boost!

• Cool 1

[SWN]
Players
16 posts
5,867 battles

the Graf Zepplin in it's current iteration is just bull crap in ranked. Team with the GZ wins, easy. Group up 3 squads of dive bombers and click on a BB, rinse & repeat, and it's GG. 

Players
58 posts
3,510 battles
1 hour ago, Asatori said:

the Graf Zepplin in it's current iteration is just bull crap in ranked. Team with the GZ wins, easy. Group up 3 squads of dive bombers and click on a BB, rinse & repeat, and it's GG. 

That would work, if there wouldn't be another CV in the game i am currently rank 12 and have not seen a GZ in a while.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles
3 hours ago, ooOATiOoo said:

all premium ships shoud be taken out of the rankt so all habe the same and no xp or what ever boost!

Top BASE xp earner gets to keep his star, not top total xp.

Reason why premiums are bad because apparently, unless they are IJN ships, WG thinks they have to be straight up superior to anything that already exists

2 hours ago, Asatori said:

And then you meet an enemy CV who has at least one working brain cell... Don't even need to continue, there's nothing a GZ will do vs Enterprise or Shokaku

Players
7 posts
8,018 battles

Ranked once again is absolutely frustrating, toxic, non-fun at all and really making me to want to uninstall once and for all. It is just the same as previous season. I play Wows for almost 2 years and I still cant move past rank 11 for a whole day just because stupidity is unwinnable. It's god damn unbelievable! Even in ranked most players don't help anyone, don't understand that you HAVE to fight for caps, don't shoot dds, don't shoot ships with the lowest HP to delete them, don't help anyone and don't know what to do! There are exceptions, of course... About 2 battles in 10 are really good, with some good teamplay. The rest 8 out of 10 are decided by something like "who can [edited]up this battle faster for his team" - and you can't do anything to change the outcome! Yes, you may win but it is really unpleasant. This is not to say that I'm some great player, but for god's sake, most people just don't understand this game at all! I mean AT ALL!!! And I'm absolutely sure that just in a couple of days, when players will take some more ranked up their (natural openings), the whole atmosphere will become unbearable. It happened after about 4 days in the previous season, It will repeat itself again because nothing has changed. Last season I reached rank 8 and I just quit. This time I really think I won't reach even rank 10. It is absolutely not fun or engaging. The more I play, the more disgusting it feels. 

• Cool 1

Players
377 posts

HI WG.

WHF! A few days ago before update 7.4 i was ranked 14 and now i start this session i find i'm ranked at 18 but had not notice till i became 17 rank.

WHY WAS I DEMOTED TO 18 in the first place.

WG like screwing with us players don't you and have you demoted every player in this way.

So tell me WG why should we players accommodate you by playing them ranks again that we already had.    

Players
109 posts
8,400 battles

Ahoy captains!

I've started my ranked season, got from rank 13 to rank 10 for now. Here's a bit of feedback:

• Ranked still feels grindy, it basically feels like all I'm doing is grinding my rank 1 (if I ever get it, that is) for the Jolly Roger.
  • The time: In my opinion, 1 month and 1 week is not enough time. This month is when my exams at university start, so I might not be able to play enough ranked. For some rough calculations, it took me 200 games to get R1 last season, in 40 days that requires me to play 5 games a day, or over an hour on average. I believe that's a lot when there's the possibility of people being especially busy that month (that could happen any month, becauseo of work or university reasons) so you could be restricting some from playing their ranked games. Of course I understand that more time may have more people get rank 1, so it could require an overhaul of the system. As a suggestion, the clan battles MMR system works very well and I'd love to see that in ranked.
  • The maps: I honestly think my complaint here only comes from having played clan battles earlier, in the same maps I play the T10 ranked, but anyway. It feels too chaotic, as the 3 cap maps require a lot of teamwork, and there's a lot of those. In a 2 cap map you can get away with just moving the entire team to one of them, a 3 cap map usually needs something else, which is hard to achieve while playing with 6 random people.
  • The tiers: I like the idea of T10 ranked, with the obvious problem of excluding a lot of people from participating. Maybe the T10 it could be moved to rank 5-2 instead? This would allow more people to take part and get some good rewards. Also, you wouldn't need an irrevocable rank 10, which leads to worse players getting and staying in the R10-6 MM (edit: I've just realised this is a bad idea because if R5 was irrevocable people would wintrade their way to R1). T8  for the first ranks is as always a great idea, it's a great tier, only exception being the Loyangs (maybe a slight Z-23 hydro buff would help hehe).
Edited by EROMANGA_SENSEI_AOTY

[BS4]
Players
1,126 posts
6,311 battles
43 minutes ago, Jessa_Doom said:

HI WG.

WHF! A few days ago before update 7.4 i was ranked 14 and now i start this session i find i'm ranked at 18 but had not notice till i became 17 rank.

WG like screwing with us players don't you and have you demoted every player in this way.

So tell me WG why should we players accommodate you by playing them ranks again that we already had.    

I have to agree with this in a way as I feel the same....

Got to rank 9 last season and was starting to enjoy ranked and was looking forward to this season.

I STARTED THIS SEASON AT RANK 16!!!!!!! What the hell was the point in that?:Smile_amazed: If its to ensure I run around with the tier8 players I have some bad news for you......

there the same tier8 players who have tired up too quickly in random and are doing what they do best now in ranked .In short........ Its terrible

played 11 games, won 2 (18-20% win rate) of those and can not get off 17 at the moment because the people im playing with literally have little to 0 idea on how to win a game....

IT ACTUALLY FEELS LIKE IM BEING PUNISHED!!

So its basically the straw that broke the camels back for me, demote me 7 places and given me no motivation to play ranked at all.

Im almost done with this game at the moment......so much time and effort wasted....

[KRAKN]
[KRAKN]
Players
37 posts
8,445 battles

Is there a mechanic that give you bad day or what i got stuck in 15 and its impossible to move once i got 14 next battle gives that ridiculous  enemy team got 1-2 radar ship and 2-3 hydro ships and ours nothing to counter them and its 100% defeat... how the F@#%#^% is this random picked  and i dont want talk about other players who play like in random ...

(sorry my English is crappy )

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles
1 hour ago, Jessa_Doom said:

HI WG.

Because you were rank 14 in the last season, which means you got 10 free stars gifted to you in this one

• 1 star Rank 23 (1)
  • 2 stars Rank 22 (3)
  • 2 stars Rank 21 (5)
  • 2 stars Rank 20 (7)
  • 2 stars Rank 19 (9)
  • You have 1 more star, but Rank 18 requires 2 to get through
  • Result - you start the season at Rank 18 with 1 star in it

43 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Got to rank 9 last season and was starting to enjoy ranked and was looking forward to this season.

I STARTED THIS SEASON AT RANK 16!!!!!!!

So you started with 15 free stars. Continuing the previous part

• 2 stars Rank 18 (11)
  • 2 stars Rank 17 (13)
  • 2 stars Rank 16 (15)

This is where I have to point out to you that rank where you ended the season matters, not your highest. If you started as R16 you ended the last season at R10, as R9 would have given you a start at R15 with 0 stars

This is the 9th ranked season, and this is exactly how it has worked in EVERY previous season

• Cool 1

[BS4]
Players
1,126 posts
6,311 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Because you were rank 14 in the last season, which means you got 10 free stars gifted to you in this one

• 1 star Rank 23 (1)
  • 2 stars Rank 22 (3)
  • 2 stars Rank 21 (5)
  • 2 stars Rank 20 (7)
  • 2 stars Rank 19 (9)
  • You have 1 more star, but Rank 18 requires 2 to get through
  • Result - you start the season at Rank 18 with 1 star in it

So you started with 15 free stars. Continuing the previous part

• 2 stars Rank 18 (11)
  • 2 stars Rank 17 (13)
  • 2 stars Rank 16 (15)

This is where I have to point out to you that rank where you ended the season matters, not your highest. If you started as R16 you ended the last season at R10, as R9 would have given you a start at R15 with 0 stars

This is the 9th ranked season, and this is exactly how it has worked in EVERY previous season

I understand better thanks to your explanation on this. Thank you.

(Still feel like I was kicked in the balls though.......)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles
3 minutes ago, SeaWolf7 said:

I understand better thanks to your explanation on this. Thank you.

(Still feel like I was kicked in the balls though.......)

It has to be reset otherwise you would need to reach Rank X just one time and you'd be given all the rewards for it for completely free every time after that

But, just so 100% of players wouldn't be pushed into R23 leading to inevitable stomps from higher ranked players on those who haven't reached even R15 previously, for every rank you had at the moment when season ends (so if you end as R20 you have 4 ranks - 20, 21, 22 and 23) you get a free star

[NUNC]
Players
33 posts
18,859 battles

I still have 1 main complaint about ranked.  Fix the matchmaking already :cap_viking:

Just 1 example of my last few games:  2BB, 3 Cruisers, 2 DD and the enemy side gets 2 chapa, 1 NewOrleans and 2 Loyang against 0 radars and 0 hydro's on my side.  There's no point in even trying a battle like that.  Both loyang just camped in 2 caps and any attempt to contest them resulted in getting hydro's and radar'd into oblivion.  What's even worse, 1 of our cruisers spend the entire battle hiding as far away from battle as possible and he ends up keeping his star because as the last man standing of our team you are pretty much garanteed to be the top ranker.

• Cool 2

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,619 battles
2 hours ago, HentaiCollection said:

but because i havent unlocked the gearing yet i cannot go any further.

Actually you can - you yourself said you have a Yamato. You choose not to play it further with that ship? Your choice, you had the chance

[SYTHE]
Players
138 posts
7,202 battles

I'm kinda new at this game. Have had a blast so far in this game and I JUST managed to get my tier 10 ship and really happy about it. Would have loved to play some ranked with it, even if I'm at the bottom of ladder it would have been really, really fun. But, only tier 8 ship I have is the New Orleans and its a horrible ship to play game wise. So boring. So utterly soul crushing to play. I don't see myself getting to rank 10 ever in it. Was thinking of buying a tier 8 premium ship. But even if I buy it I might not get to rank 10 so I can take out my beloved tier 10.

I don't see myself EVER to get rank 10 tbh in that New Orleans and I'm not having ANY fun playing it at all. This have had the unfortunate consequence I don't even want to play that tier 10 I have so been looking forward to. I mean I don't see the system changing to next season. Rumours about changing the us cruiser line might have made it more fun for me, but don't see that happening soon enough. 

For me I wish Ranked never started. I had much more fun dreaming about one day taking out the tier 10 ship for something else than random games but that hope is forever crushed and don't see the point of playing anymore. I just wanted to say my 2 cents for however much they are worth. I wish you all a good day and may many wins come your way.

Some last words: And wow. How come the full hp battleship not moved from spawning point in losses ALWAYS get the most points just because he have just stood there doing shots, last surviving member, not caring about caps at all. Or helping teammates. Just staying back there at longest range doing shots haha. 

Edit: Sorry for my rant. I just liked this game so much and cared too much maybe.