122 comments in this topic

[UNICS]
Players
374 posts
5,254 battles

1. Description
Torpedoes sometimes pass under stern of battleships w/o collision

2. Reproduction steps
Random event, can`t be reproduced reliably.

3. Result
Torpedoes miss target battleship.

4. Expected result
*boom* ?

5. Technical details
It tends to happen with lower tier BB`s, especially New York (for whatever reason). Visually it`s the same as torpedoes passing under DD`s - which was apparently fixed in 0.7.2.

-------------------------------

1. Description
Collision engine loses it during ramming at borders.

2. Reproduction steps
Place the ship along the map border line -> ram it with allied ship

3. Result
Either rammed, or ramming ship may become a submarine, get lifted out of the water, or even fuse together with the other ship.

4. Expected result
Not getting locked up?

5. Technical details
shot-18_05.06_14_44.56-0174.jpg.6ef2eea8

shot-18_03.12_00_38.08-0166.jpg.d6642eacshot-18_03.12_00_38.10-0872.jpg.05d885fc

[WH1TE]
Players
401 posts
11,627 battles

time to time, i get not kill, for clear me alone the ship destroying .

[-RT-]
Beta Tester
43 posts
7,145 battles

1. On Sleeping Giant map remain spotted behind island on E1-F1 even when it shouldn't.

2. Played Ranked battle in Zao.
Tried to hide behind previously mentioned island.
three enemy ships were close but behind the island.

Remained ship spotted even though I shouldn't have. (no hydro/radar/plane was used)

Clan mate of mine had the same issue playing Ranked battle in his Montana. 2 ships behind island, one in smoke. Shouldn't have been spotted but still was.

3. Be spotted even when you shouldn't.

4. Be unspotted when hiding behind the forementioned island.

5. 07/04/2018, around 15.00 CEST (clan mate about 1h later).

Players
323 posts
14,357 battles
Just now, Constantijn2 said:

1. On Sleeping Giant map remain spotted behind island on E1-F1 even when it shouldn't.

Remained ship spotted even though I shouldn't have. (no hydro/radar/plane was used)

Clan mate of mine had the same issue playing Ranked battle in his Montana. 2 ships behind island, one in smoke. Shouldn't have been spotted but still was.

Did you make sure the enemy did not have the assured aquisition skill? 

He could spot you through the island as long as he was within 3 km of you, but if you do not have the same skill you would not see him until you were 2 km from him (through the island)

Just wondering.

Best Regards

Me

[W-C]
Players
501 posts
2,341 battles

1) Description: Get told I need to play a ranked battle because I have a T8 ship in port... even though I don't have a ship higher than T6

2) Steps to reproduce: Play a random battle in Omaha. When going back to port get this message:

shot-18_05.08_11_14.58-0663.thumb.jpg.406b177d3fc6e9cd222b448fe87fe884.jpg

3) Results: False hopes - was I miraculously gifted a T8 somehow!?

4) Expected Results: Nothing should happen.

5) Technical details: None

NOTE: I did clear all port filters and checked every ship after this screenshot. No, I do not have a T8 ship (more's the pity!)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
14 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:
Spoiler

1) Description: Get told I need to play a ranked battle because I have a T8 ship in port... even though I don't have a ship higher than T6

2) Steps to reproduce: Play a random battle in Omaha. When going back to port get this message:

shot-18_05.08_11_14.58-0663.thumb.jpg.406b177d3fc6e9cd222b448fe87fe884.jpg

3) Results: False hopes - was I miraculously gifted a T8 somehow!?

4) Expected Results: Nothing should happen.

5) Technical details: None

NOTE: I did clear all port filters and checked every ship after this screenshot. No, I do not have a T8 ship (more's the pity!)

In the screenshot we can see 3 ships, while it says you have 11. Are you absolutely sure none of the other 8 are tier 8?

4 hours ago, Constantijn2 said:
Spoiler

Any chance of a replay? Hard to understand the exact positioning from just text. This should be quite reproducible in Training Rooms :cap_yes:

Also - Target Acquisition Mod? Or maybe top of your mast poking above the island?

[W-C]
Players
501 posts
2,341 battles

Thanks for asking @wilkatis_LV, but...

28 minutes ago, Rusty_9 said:

Those are my 3 'highest tier' ships in the 3 lines I'm grinding:Smile_hiding:

From memory (I'm not in front of it at the moment), I also have in port:

Langley

Wickes

Wyoming

Phoenix

T-22

Caledon

Danae

Kuma

Players
1 post
2,775 battles

For the past 2 days, I have been kicked out of the game almost  5 times, for no obvious reason. I got the pink warning thing, and luckily, I didn't DC again, but then just5 minutes ago, I DCed again. It got stuck at the 24 second mark. The most recent DC, I was able to control the ship, but it was stuck in the view of the ship before the match starts, and the camera doesn't move either. Pretty sure this will be fixed soon, but just wanted to give a reason for my recent DCs, in case I get banned

[BAD-B]
Players
815 posts
2,458 battles

2 issues observed

1. No status screen after battle: Happens when I finish a game and while in that game another one that I exited before end finishes as well (got sunk and exited to port, started a new game with other ship). I can access the battle stats via the notification window, but I get dropped straight into port after the last battle ends.

2. Multistage missions somehow get corrupted: I finished the 1st stage, then killed a ship for towards the 2nd stage goal, went to check the status:

image.png.5694e0071cf7ff6ad49cc170e72ed6b7.png

After exiting the client and logging back in, the display is correct.

[SRW]
Players
121 posts
10,847 battles

With last update Midway lost a number of planes, now it's 67...so what's wrong with this picture? It's from a few minutes ago in coop. Bots not affected by the change or what?

shot-18.05.09_01.40.49-0566.jpg

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
9 hours ago, R8dr said:

With last update Midway lost a number of planes, now it's 67...so what's wrong with this picture? It's from a few minutes ago in coop. Bots not affected by the change or what?

shot-18.05.09_01.40.49-0566.jpg

Uhh, what? You do realize that Midway (a ship that YOU played) has 116 planes, right? Not 67? Plus floatplanes of BBs / CAs

[SCRUB]
Players
1,580 posts
13,490 battles

So just had a game. Some guy honked he's horn just as the game ended and the sound stayed with me to the port. Had to restart to get rid of it. 

• Funny 1

[SRW]
Players
121 posts
10,847 battles
9 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Uhh, what? You do realize that Midway (a ship that YOU played) has 116 planes, right? Not 67? Plus floatplanes of BBs / CAs

Yeah sorry my bad, saw 67 AA mounts, but it still doesn't seem to add up with all the float planes.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
36 minutes ago, R8dr said:

Yeah sorry my bad, saw 67 AA mounts, but it still doesn't seem to add up with all the float planes.

Your team has 120 planes shot down, up to 116 of those are from the CV and at least 4 are from Monty (has up to 8) / Ibuki (has up to 5) / Iowa (has up to 5) / St.Louis (has up to 5)

• Cool 1

Players
1,489 posts
10,958 battles

As of 0.7.4.0., in combination with the "Advanced HP bar indicator" from the Aslain mod pack, the number of fires on your ship is no longer indicated on the HP bar.

I'd post this on the Aslain forum but they can't be bothered to send me that registration email.

Also while we're at it, the BADoBest over target markers display the ship name in red instead of white, which is super hard to read. Contrary to the description pic.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,468 posts

1. Description
When 'zoom out fully when battle starts' setting is checked, the camera is not zoomed out fully when a battle starts or when switching back to guns from torpedoes. The zoom level is instead set to one click of the mousewheel away from maximum.

2. Reproduction steps
Just start a battle. When mousewheel down after it starts and you'll find you weren't zoomed out fully.

3. Result
Inconsistent zoom levels occur during the battle, which is distracting and may affect aim and awareness of conditions immediately surrounding ownship.

4. Expected result
Original zoom level chosen before to be resumed when leaving torpedo launch view.
Automatic zoom out at start of battle to actually be maximum when the setting is enabled.

5. Technical details
None.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Description
An automatic zoom out (to the not-full extent it goes, see previous bug report in this post above) occurs regardless of whether 'zoom out fully when battle starts' setting is checked or not.

2. Reproduction steps
Uncheck aforementioned setting, then start a battle.

3. Result
Camera is zoomed out automatically regardless of how you manipulated it in the pre-battle countdown.

4. Expected result
Camera position not to be modified on battle start.

5. Technical details
None.

Players
3 posts
5,769 battles

Don't know if this is the right forum, but link from WG site bug report leads to here...

Below are confusing explanations for flags in the German version. First one talks about restored plane-hp for the India Delta flag, when that should be ship hp. Second one contains two identical descriptions for modification-flag for ramming. First should be +50 for the enemy, second -20 percent for own ship.

IMG_20180504_173135.jpg

IMG_20180504_173140.jpg

[BFS]
Players
210 posts
17,329 battles

Using filters in the port for selecting various kinds of ships. But Alabama ... still in selected ships, even if tier VIII or BB not selected !  

E.g. you select "Pan-Asia" & tier VI, and the following ships displayed as selected: Huanghe, Alabama, Fushun, and Anshan. Really annoying (.. even if I like to play Alabama).

[UNICS]
Players
3,255 posts
12,784 battles

I had another crash too. Happens infrequently but always when there's action.. Get spotted, turn and aim rapidly, or this last time get spotted, launch torps, get hit by a salvo while speeding up to get away. Crash is that screen freezes, and windows beeps when pressing buttons. In windows it says something unexpected has happened and the program had to close.

[-RT-]
Beta Tester
43 posts
7,145 battles
On 8-5-2018 at 8:49 AM, Rowboat_Cop said:

Did you make sure the enemy did not have the assured aquisition skill? 

He could spot you through the island as long as he was within 3 km of you, but if you do not have the same skill you would not see him until you were 2 km from him (through the island)

Just wondering.

Best Regards

Me

I'm not that inexperienced. Yes I checked the distance. The closest enemy was a Z-52 at about 4km on the other side of island whose hydro expired about 30 seconds earlier. They also did not have any radar ships in the vicinity that could have spotted me with their radar. I carefully checked all possible parameters that could have been a factor of me getting spotted. The only one I'm not sure about is the height of the island but from experience I know ships can indeed hide behind the island in question. Until this occurred of course.

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,643 battles
16 hours ago, Niibler said:

As stated before in 

Crashes continue to happen, here is the most recent crash folder zip:

crashes.zip

I think I answered there, but in case, if you have audio setting set to Ultra, try to set it to high and check if the crashes decrease or dissapear.