5,306 battles

1. Description

"Plane cam" does not function in replays

2. Reproduction steps

- Start a CV Replay
- Wait for the battle start timer to end
- Attempt to use "shift" and "z" (defaults) to follow planes in 3rd person view

3. Result

- No key presses are registered, camera will not move automatically. Number key presses (i.e to follow squadrons) are ignored

4. Expected result

- Camera should have zoomed into a plane squadron and followed them from behind

5. Technical details

- Bug time: Persistent from 23/04/2018 (0.7.3) to 28/04/2018 (0.7.4) . Replay that I was using to test

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
17 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I just got a very similar error. I played only 2 battles, and when I tried to return to the port after being sunk the game crashed and I got an error, unfortunately the entire screen was black and the very only way I had to get any kind of feedback was to press window+tab. Which gave me this.
This NEVER happened before.

bug.png

17 hours ago, LoLeRji said:

For 1 year I have played this game, I have a total of 6 or so crashes. 3 of them happened today...

The error is same as below. It just happens randomly in the middle of a match. And sometimes you can reconnect sometimes you can't.

Started a game with Atago just 10 minutes ago, game crashed 2 minutes into the game, and I spent the next 8 minutes in the loading screen waiting for the game to load, till loading screen showed that my ship was sunk.

Crash dumps are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGFo8v0Vn4J_E3aqier1s_KueQEgwEG7/view?usp=sharing

[EDIT] I am using Windows 10, 16 GB RAM and Intel i7 Kaby Lake CPU with NVIDIA GTX 1050 GPU [/EDIT]

Please send a bug report in to customer support along with a WGCheck report so we can dig into what caused this.

Players
97 posts
7,535 battles

Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, sorry if it isn't.

1. Description

Montana takes only overpenetration damage from American armour-piercing bombs.

2. Reproduction steps

Strike a Montana with an American CV using AP bombs

3. Result

Most of the bombs overpenetrated completely. I've done the test several times, just in case.

WorldOfWarships_2018-04-28_14-37-54.thumb.png.066e5f7fe185d0299d8dc8b788e14a93.png

4. Expected result

Most bombs should get full penetrations, caused by the bombs being able to penetrate the weather deck but not the armoured deck or splinter deck, with a few overpenetrations by those bombs hitting fore or aft of the citadel area. This expected result is the one observed in other high tier battleships with good horizontal protection like Yamato, Iowa, North Carolina (those were the ones I tested, see example below). Bismarck simply gets citadels.

WorldOfWarships_2018-04-28_14-40-39.thumb.png.bf3a3af6d75faed3ff158bcf80272a4e.png

Edit: Tested Lion, Kurfürst and Conqueror as well, just in case. They all take mostly full penetrations as they should.

Players
1,293 posts
8,371 battles

A small bug I encountered while playing ranked : When I reached rank 10 I clicked the continue button out of habit ( the orange one) without going back to port and the game froze real hard. Probably because I had to have a t10 from that point onwards.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

Please send a bug report in to customer support along with a WGCheck report so we can dig into what caused this.

Done (I guess, I'm not sure if I did it right)

[WOTN]
Players
4 posts
3,341 battles

Hi WG,

1. Description

• Des Moines, Mountain Range, Random battles

2. Reproduction steps

• Rammed the ship into the island at D8/E8, ship can only move forward untill ut hits the big island again. When reversing the ship will get stuck on the same small rock again.

3. Result

• In-game experience is worse cause of this bug.

4. Expected result

• In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
  • Example: Check the coding of every island, since the last updates islands can suddenly beach your ship without knowning due to indication. Fix this mechanic.shot-18_04.28_22_14.21-0767.thumb.jpg.e0a30a9c540df5313a79b9ab97803ba5.jpg

5. Technical details

• Example: Bug time: about 22:10 (UTC).Replay: Around 16:00-13:00

20180428_220746_PASC020-Des-Moines-1948_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

• Cool 1

Players
323 posts
14,373 battles

1. Description

• Game Crash in the midst of close range battle

2. Reproduction steps

• Mostly had this problem with destroyers

3. Result

• Game crash while alive, reconnect , find myself dead.

4. Expected result

• I will refrain from explaining my expected result as it seems somewhat obvious.

5. Technical details

• Faulting application name: WorldOfWarships.exe, version: 0.7.4.0, time stamp: 0x5addc762
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0xdcc3eab0
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x0009348b
    Faulting process id: 0x2ab8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3df7c10ea6aaa
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: c511af23-55a8-4f9c-b819-aedc4cb54960
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

• Faulting application name: WorldOfWarships.exe, version: 0.7.4.0, time stamp: 0x5addc762
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0xdcc3eab0
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x0009348b
    Faulting process id: 0x4258
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3dee716da7c61
    Faulting application path: C:\Games\World_of_Warships\WorldOfWarships.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report Id: 3b813736-9ac8-4794-bc61-c79bb991779a
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

And crash again.....

crashes2.zip

Players
22 posts
6,879 battles

1. Description

• Many issues with replays:
    • speed indicator is stuck at zero
    • turning/heading indicator is stuck in the middle
    • turret position in bottom left corner is stuck stationary
    • damage indicator is stuck at full HP
    • fires (and I assume floods) do not show up on the ship icon bottom left corner or above the loading indicators
    • gun loading indicators don't count down, they are either full when loaded or empty when loading
    • crosshair doesn't follow where you aim in the main screen, it still looks like the turrets are pointing straight forwards and backwards
    • ribbons don't display
    • damage counter (and potential damage and spotting damage) don't display
    • achievements don't display (on the right hand side when you get them, they still display in the chat)
    • you cannot exit the replay, pressing the "esc" key does nothing, alt+f4 does nothing, as far as I can tell you can only exit by killing the process

2. Reproduction steps

• Enable replays, play a match, then exit the game and watch the replay

3. Result

• Replays are difficult to watch and very bad for recording stuff

4. Expected result

• Replays should display everything exactly as they do in the normal game itself, and you should be able to exit them without killing the process

5. Technical details

• I'm not sure if technical details are relevant, as far as I can tell this happens with all replays as of 0.7.4.0

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,028 battles
40 minutes ago, Senjougahara said:

you cannot exit the replay, pressing the "esc" key does nothing, alt+f4 does nothing, as far as I can tell you can only exit by killing the process

Did you by any chance tried to jump forwards too quickly (between each jump you have to give at least 1...2 sec pause) or jump backwards  (crashes replay and initiates everything you mentioned) in time? (Ctrl and > or <)

Players
587 posts
8,844 battles

Also had 2 crashes during the last 3 days. There has to be something wrong with the current update. I never experienced something like this before.

crashes.zip

I'm really annoyed right now. These crashes both cost me valuable signals and camos. :Smile-angry:

Players
323 posts
14,373 battles
1 minute ago, Belustigungspanda said:

Also had 2 crashes during the last 3 days. There has to be something wrong with the current update. I never experienced something like this before.

crashes.zip

I'm really annoyed right now. These crashes both cost me valuable signals and camos. :Smile-angry:

I usually have a 100 000 credit loss as a result of a crash, instead of a 100-700k profit

[COBRA]
Players
39 posts

I get personal assignment after geting "varyag" ship. It require tier VII ship but in "RANKED"...currently I can play only with tier VIII,so that personal assignment is useless and it long only 1 day.

I dont know is this bug or not, but not seems regular..

shot-18.04.29_21.08.50-0658.jpg

• Angry 1

[ARYA]
Players
457 posts
9,460 battles
23 hours ago, snowguitar said:

Hi WG,

1. Description

• Des Moines, Mountain Range, Random battles

2. Reproduction steps

• Rammed the ship into the island at D8/E8, ship can only move forward untill ut hits the big island again. When reversing the ship will get stuck on the same small rock again.

3. Result

• In-game experience is worse cause of this bug.

4. Expected result

• In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
  • Example: Check the coding of every island, since the last updates islands can suddenly beach your ship without knowning due to indication. Fix this mechanic.shot-18_04.28_22_14.21-0767.thumb.jpg.e0a30a9c540df5313a79b9ab97803ba5.jpg

5. Technical details

• Example: Bug time: about 22:10 (UTC).Replay: Around 16:00-13:00

20180428_220746_PASC020-Des-Moines-1948_37_Ridge.wowsreplay

i faced the same issue twice

On 4/28/2018 at 3:54 PM, Atorpad said:

First time it happened i thought it was my fault but it just happened again today

1. Description

first time : Izumo . didn't reverse after hitting an island 

second time : Varyag . the same

2. Reproduction steps

I didn't test it intentionally but steps are simple ground a ship and use S button to reverse 

3. Result

result is to ground ship and not being able to reverse 

4. Expected result

to reverse after hitting an island

5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about 06:00 (UTC) today

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,028 battles
41 minutes ago, VEDRAN_the_ADMIRAL said:

I get personal assignment after geting "varyag" ship. It require tier VII ship but in "RANKED"...currently I can play only with tier VIII,so that personal assignment is useless and it long only 1 day.

I dont know is this bug or not, but not seems regular..

shot-18.04.29_21.08.50-0658.jpg

It has nothing to do with Varyag

That's a mission you can (try  to) do when you reach Rank 1.

Also I think it's a daily mission (can complete once per day)

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,028 battles
28 minutes ago, VEDRAN_the_ADMIRAL said:

i cannot reach rank 1 in a one day! that doesnt have sence!

Which is why you still have 35 days left :fish_palm:

[F-C]
Players
4 posts
8,704 battles

Lag between appearing on mini map and then rendering in game,

This has not changed for myself or any of the gaming group I play with, in the description and from your posts you have said that it should fix it for most/some of the players but to not affect a large group of players seems a bit weird.

Following on from this, my mini map shows players as being sighted (Red outline like they are out of my sight range but spotted by a friendly) when they are not spotted at all, this is getting confusing, not sure if others are getting the same.

Hope this helps and keep up the great work.

[LAWS]
Players
29 posts
4,535 battles

1. the matchmaker is crashing all the time.

2. i take any ship to the battle and as soon as the matchmaker will send me to the loading screen, the game crashes.

3.Crashes all the time

4. supposed to send me to the loading scree, no problem

5. any time i go into a battle

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,028 battles
6 hours ago, DeaconWinters said:

Lag between appearing on mini map and then rendering in game,

That 1...3 sec delay is supposed to be there, you know?

6 hours ago, DeaconWinters said:

my mini map shows players as being sighted (Red outline like they are out of my sight range but spotted by a friendly) when they are not spotted at all, this is getting confusing, not sure if others are getting the same.

Reported multiple times, even had a PSA released about it

Players
363 posts
8,358 battles

1. Description

When using the National + Voice over unique Captains such as the French one use your default language settings rather than their National Language.

2. Reproduction steps

Play with any of the Special Captains (excluding the Special voice pack ones as they work as intended) with the National + Voice over setting.

3. Result

Voice over in battle is in your Regional Language, so for me the Unique French captain has the British voice over.

4. Expected result

Voice over in French as in the example I had.

5. Technical details
I noticed it when the National+ option was added, but assumed it would have been picked up and fixed in the next patch but it is still there so it wasn't reported I guess.

[UNICS]
Alpha Tester
117 posts
6,824 battles

Description: The icon of a previously spotted enemy ship stuck on minimap.

Reproduction steps:

1. An enemy ship is being detected, its icon shows up on my minimap, but the model of the ship is still not visible due to rendering delay
  2. Before the ship model is made visible to me, the enemy ship becomes undetected.

Result: The icon of said enemy ship continued to be displayed in red on my minimap at its last know position, as if it was still detected and stationary.

Expected result: The icon of said enemy ship should be shown in grey on my minimap at its last know position.

Additional Note: I configured my game client to show ships' last know position. I do not know whether the bug would manifest if this configuration is different.

Players
323 posts
14,373 battles

1. Description

• This is not a bug report, it is a request for a quite important improvement regarding captain skill point count visibility
  • It is only affecting captains with a light/bright top/shirt/jacket (Such as the ARP-Captains or any future captains that fall into the same category)

2. Reproduction steps

• Look at the skill point count on any captain with a light/bright top/shirt/jacket. (shown in my pictures below)

3. Result

• Close to or sometimes completely impossible to see how many skill points said captain has.

4. Expected result

• I would hope for a black outline on the skill point number to make the text contrast better over any and all colors. (See example suggestion below)

5. Technical details

• I see that there is a bit of drop shadow on the text it self, maybe increase the strength of the drop shadow or change the text to an outlined type of text

I realize that some may think this is of no importance because it is only affecting a small group of captains, but the fix should really be very easily implemented and some players use these captains as normal captains for normal ships.

current.thumb.png.458a13e856ede3df0855cda233dbb579.pngSuggestion.thumb.png.d5630f47e8e4284c1e52fe5846feda13.png

Best Regards

Me

Players
323 posts
14,373 battles
10 hours ago, tamagotchi said:

Description: The icon of a previously spotted enemy ship stuck on minimap.

Reproduction steps:

1. An enemy ship is being detected, its icon shows up on my minimap, but the model of the ship is still not visible due to rendering delay
  2. Before the ship model is made visible to me, the enemy ship becomes undetected.

Result: The icon of said enemy ship continued to be displayed in red on my minimap at its last know position, as if it was still detected and stationary.

Expected result: The icon of said enemy ship should be shown in grey on my minimap at its last know position.

Additional Note: I configured my game client to show ships' last know position. I do not know whether the bug would manifest if this configuration is different.

Yes, I can confirm that this happens to a lot of us.

The icon looks like that of a ship actively spotted by team mates in a storm (outlined), but in reality there is nothing there and it is not a "Last known marker"

1. Description

• Ship markers linger as if they were "Actively spotted" ships in the mini-map even if the ship has moved away.

2. Reproduction steps

• I have last known markers enabled on my mini-map.(Might have something to do with it.)

3. Result

• Mini-map tells us that we have an "Active spot" , similar to that in a storm , where other players spot the ships but we are out of spotting range
  • Except we are not out of spotting range, it is a bug in the map marker system

4. Expected result

• My guess is these should be displayed as "Last known"-markers instead of "Active"-markers.

5. Technical details

See the image: 

LingeringMarkers.thumb.png.00cd3d6c7a593a6c223444b6547865fb.png

Best Regards

Me