Bug Reports

122 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,752 posts
1,143 battles

Dear captains,

Please share all bugs encountered version 0.7.4 here with the template we provided below. Before submitting your report please check if the bug is listed in our known issues already, in which case no report is necessary.

1. Description

• Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
  • Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

• A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
  • Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

• In-game experience resulting from the bug.
  • Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

• In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
  • Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

• Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

If you encounter this error, please zip your ~\crashes\ folder, upload it to any online file storage and add the link to your report.

565152Sanstitre.png

[WFFLE]
[WFFLE]
Players
1 post
9,007 battles

1. The improved Smoke Screen Expert skill (30% instead of 20%) of Jack Dunkirk is not showing as an improved Skill.

2. Open Commader Skills tab, select Smoke Screen Expert

3. The perk is showing the correct smokescreen size increase of 30% (instead of 20% for normal commaders), but isn't showing the green mark indicating it is an improved version of the standart perk.

4. The green mark should be showing.

5. Error persisted after game restart.

[ADRIA]
Players
456 posts
11,445 battles

Jack Dunkirk is missing a plus icon on smoke screen expert. Regular smoke is +20%, Jack is +30% 

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles

For the very fifth time, the fifth version which two carrier bugs happens:

- Planes becoming silent, they stop giving status report without any reason, the only way to fix it it's to close the game. Planes can become silent at any moment, even right after the beginning of the battle, and will stay silent until you restart the game.

- When selecting a priority target for the carrier sometimes a waypoint it's placed there, each time I select a target I need to check if the autopilot wasn't engaged.

I don't know how else to say it. Five versions reporting the same bug, nobody does a crap.

Edit: running a completely vanilla clients, no mods at all.

• Cool 1

Players
21 posts
9,060 battles

Tier X Hindenburg's front turret is rotating 360 degrees on the ship and also on the healthbar. Gun can used, it looks like it is only an graphic problem

Players
8 posts
6,192 battles

I encountered an issue a couple of minutes ago.
Was in a match in my Hindenburg, on my way to a cap, and thought I'd enable the potential damage counter on the way there.
When I hit "apply" my game started screeching, and switching from black screen, to game, to black screen, to game, about 15 times a second.
When I hit the Home button and returned to my desktop, it stopped, but as soon as I reentered the game it began again.

Now my Hindenburg is in a match I can't reconnect to, because the game threw it back into my port with flags and camo still on.
Tried 3 times to go into a battle - wouldn't let me, so figured I'd take my Bismarck out for a spin.
Wouldn't let me do that either.

Closing and restarting the game worked out - I can join a battle now in my Bismarck; but my Hindenburg is still wearing camo and flags, but can't go anywhere :P

shot-18.04.26_17.41.25-0838.jpg

[AAO]
Beta Tester
118 posts
4,110 battles

So how exactly are the clan battle achievement supposed to work? Our clan got the Hurricane medal to our naval base, but shouldn't there be a individual achievement for the players that played in it?

Quality Poster
1,676 posts
8,642 battles

Played two games this afternoon, both in Atlanta.

Both times, got sunk so went off to do something else until the battle was over.

First one, came back after end of battle.

No battle report to be found, battle is not even listed, as if it never happened.

Second time, I could find the battle in the list, but when I clicked on it, it said: Detailed statistics are only available for battles played during the current game session.

But I had not logged out or anything, so both battles should have been there, with statistics.

Other clan members are also reporting issues while playing, such as getting logged out and lag.

[HEROZ]
Players
749 posts
6,436 battles

I cannot load Missouri not in port nor in battle. When i try to load battle game crashes, when I try to load port game thinks for a long time (i can start battle obviously) then crashes. Great moment for having afk penalty, I am so happy that chance of getting a ban for technical problem is so small. Horray me.

Edit. Repairing game client helped. I got pink for afk battle. And +2 karma. Now I officially admit that I have no idea how karma works.

[H-A-D]
Players
102 posts
15,548 battles

1. Game pad controls (RAZER) - all disabled, have WASD via keyboard, al other controls vis Settings / Controls locked out                                            

2. Zoom control - not working

Runnimg no mods - amother delete & clean install same effects - AV disabled on re-install - no change

running W10 (64)

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
6,848 battles

Don't know what happened. Played for 2,5 hours fine then in the loading screen to a battle my GFX got suddenly very loud then this:

fail4xs6z.png

Happened the first time since I play the game... So my faul or "my faul"?

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
23 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

For the very fifth time, the fifth version which two carrier bugs happens:

- Planes becoming silent, they stop giving status report without any reason, the only way to fix it it's to close the game. Planes can become silent at any moment, even right after the beginning of the battle, and will stay silent until you restart the game.

- When selecting a priority target for the carrier sometimes a waypoint it's placed there, each time I select a target I need to check if the autopilot wasn't engaged.

I don't know how else to say it. Five versions reporting the same bug, nobody does a crap.

Edit: running a completely vanilla clients, no mods at all.

I will report this again, but please be aware that we cannot always dedicate the resources to fix every possible bug, we have to prioritize which ones to work on.

19 hours ago, Skiie said:

So how exactly are the clan battle achievement supposed to work? Our clan got the Hurricane medal to our naval base, but shouldn't there be a individual achievement for the players that played in it?

Please be aware that the player achievements might be a little delayed, if you have not received on by next week please send me a PM.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles
28 minutes ago, MrConway said:

I will report this again, but please be aware that we cannot always dedicate the resources to fix every possible bug, we have to prioritize which ones to work on.

I can understand that sometimes ship happens, and that there are bugs which are more important than others... But having the same bug, one since 5 versions ago (waypoint) and another one since 4 (planes becoming silent)? it's kinda frustrating.

Btw thanks for answering.

• Cool 1

Players
1 post
863 battles

New current patch related:

Deep torp bug: I was in an Ibuki and got like 10 torps in the face in multiple salvos(from a Gadjah) and none of them hit. I didn't find anything about deep torp changes in the patch notes or in the in-game description so I assume it is a bug.

Detection bug: I sit in the middle of my smoke still and got spotted for a sec randomly, I saw this from the otherside too, sometimes ships are poping up randomly for a sec.

Old but "gold":

Explosions are causing huge fps drops. Very low settings -> otherwise stable 144 fps.

Loading bug: If I alt-tab after starting the game(within ~5secs), the loading will be very slow, usually I can't join a game I have to restart, FPS is ok only the loading is slow. It feels like the game measures the "HDD" speed at start and when it is sent to the background I guess it limits the resource usage and stuck there when I bring it back to the foreground.

P.s.: I have to restart means I see the game is started, I see other players move in the loading screen minimap but my game is stuck at loading.

Specs: i7-4770, 16GB RAM, GTX 970(latest driver), win 10

Players
2,185 posts
3,836 battles

As I reported in previous update, 0.7.3 which was quicky fixed but came back with 0.7.4: - Whenever I change from Twitch to Black Sea port, next day on new log in to game Twitch port is back by itself.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,195 posts
6,764 battles
9 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

Don't know what happened. Played for 2,5 hours fine then in the loading screen to a battle my GFX got suddenly very loud then this:

fail4xs6z.png

I just got a very similar error. I played only 2 battles, and when I tried to return to the port after being sunk the game crashed and I got an error, unfortunately the entire screen was black and the very only way I had to get any kind of feedback was to press window+tab. Which gave me this.
This NEVER happened before.

bug.png

[KBG]
Players
7 posts
5,241 battles

For 1 year I have played this game, I have a total of 6 or so crashes. 3 of them happened today...

The error is same as below. It just happens randomly in the middle of a match. And sometimes you can reconnect sometimes you can't.

Started a game with Atago just 10 minutes ago, game crashed 2 minutes into the game, and I spent the next 8 minutes in the loading screen waiting for the game to load, till loading screen showed that my ship was sunk.

Crash dumps are here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CGFo8v0Vn4J_E3aqier1s_KueQEgwEG7/view?usp=sharing

9 hours ago, Mandalorianer said:

fail4xs6z.png

[EDIT] I am using Windows 10, 16 GB RAM and Intel i7 Kaby Lake CPU with NVIDIA GTX 1050 GPU [/EDIT]

Edited by LoLeRji
Added system info

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,006 battles
4 hours ago, Rotating_sphere said:

New current patch related:

Deep torp bug: I was in an Ibuki and got like 10 torps in the face in multiple salvos(from a Gadjah) and none of them hit. I didn't find anything about deep torp changes in the patch notes or in the in-game description so I assume it is a bug.

Assashio in more or less the same way as Gadjah - she has long range DWTs that can't hit cruisers

[GOE]
Players
1,647 posts
6,848 battles
4 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

I just got a very similar error. I played only 2 battles, and when I tried to return to the port after being sunk the game crashed and I got an error, unfortunately the entire screen was black and the very only way I had to get any kind of feedback was to press window+tab. Which gave me this.
This NEVER happened before.

bug.png

What a relieve that it ain't my fault but it is in fact "my fault"!

[POP]
Players
356 posts
8,166 battles

1. Description

Scenario battles any other than scenario of the week battle wont start with less than 7 people in the division.

2. Reproduction steps.

-Scenario battle

-Any other scenario than scenario of the week

-6 people in the division

-Ship choice doesn't matter

-Start battle

3. Result

After pressing "battle" game disconnects for all participants after initial loading screen.

4. Expected result

Fierce battle against bots!

[NOCAP]
Players
1,535 posts
15,496 battles

@Mandalorianer @Sargento_YO @LoLeRji

Can you guys please report this to WG support? I had these crashes in long game sessions with update 0.7.3, now with 0.7.4 they happen sooner and more often. Send a WGCheck report, so they hopefully get enough data to find the bug.

Btw, this is the answer I got:

Hello Ze_Reckless,    

Thank you for contacting the Wargaming Support for your request.  

In addition to the data we have we would like you to have your connection checked so we can tell you if there is a problem and if there is one, we also can tell you where exactly it shows and how severe it appears to be. 
For that we urge you to create a Pingplotter for at least a timeframe of 30 minutes and send us the results, the data of how to create this can be found here:
https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/articles/69/

We hope your problem is already fixed, however - if not, we are waiting for your reply :)

Kind regards

So you might want to include a Pingplotter report as well.

I will reinstall the game and test it when I have time to play a long session again.

[_IRN_]
Players
96 posts
6,159 battles

1. Description

In the post-battle detailed damage screen  the "Destroyed by" info sometimes is shown even if the ship was not destroyed.

2. Reproduction steps

Unable to reproduce easily, apparently it happens randomly.

3. Result

In the detailed page the client tells you that the ship has been "destroyed by a Bomb", even if the ship was still alive at the end of the match.

4. Expected result

The client must show "Destroyed by" only if the ship has been destroyed

5. Technical details

April 27th 2018, 23:04:51 CET time

See attached image

Bug Destroyed by.jpg

[ARYA]
Players
457 posts
9,451 battles

First time it happened i thought it was my fault but it just happened again today

1. Description

first time : Izumo . didn't reverse after hitting an island 

second time : Varyag . the same

2. Reproduction steps

I didn't test it intentionally but steps are simple ground a ship and use S button to reverse 

3. Result

result is to ground ship and not being able to reverse 

4. Expected result

to reverse after hitting an island

5. Technical details
Example: Bug time: about 06:00 (UTC) today