Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
BeauNidl3

CV Matchmaking question - The usual rules

9 comments in this topic

Players
2,159 posts

I've just had a strange game in my Kamikaze, bottom tier (no biggie) CV's in game (yuck in a no AA DD, but that's the breaks), but had a situation I've never seen before.

I'm used to 2 CV's a side in lower tier games, but those are usually T4, 5 or 6, this game had 2 T7 CV's each side Kaga and Ranger vs Saipan and Hiryu. In my over 6,000 games I've never seen a match with 2x T7 CV's, is this just a really rare fluke or some MM brainfart?

My assumption is fluke as it was a T6 as middle tier match, but the CV players will know the situation better than me, interested to know if it's "normal".

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,767 battles

Had this whole day on Saturday. Didn't matter if i played cv or not. I guess it was popular day for cv play by horoscope or something.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,808 posts
6,919 battles

CVs up to tier 7 can have double CV games, so it's perfectly normal

I've had to play against 2x Saipans as a Hiryu, imagine how fun that was

Players
2,159 posts
17 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

CVs up to tier 7 can have double CV games, so it's perfectly normal

I've had to play against 2x Saipans as a Hiryu, imagine how fun that was

Fair enough, just a fluke then of 4 T7 CV's in the queue long enough, thought it must be, thanks for confirming.

Yes the Saipan did badly slap the other CV's, it smelled of pure seal clubbery (I was in Kamikaze, so I'm not preaching it's bad) as he had over 50 plane kills, several ships and his spotting shut the team down but his team dissolved with him having more XP than most of the winning team added up.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles

Honestly, CVs should be limited to one per game across the board. There is no appeal in two CVs per side neither for CV players nor for anyone else.

• Cool 5

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
2 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I've just had a strange game in my Kamikaze, bottom tier (no biggie) CV's in game (yuck in a no AA DD, but that's the breaks), but had a situation I've never seen before.

I'm used to 2 CV's a side in lower tier games, but those are usually T4, 5 or 6, this game had 2 T7 CV's each side Kaga and Ranger vs Saipan and Hiryu. In my over 6,000 games I've never seen a match with 2x T7 CV's, is this just a really rare fluke or some MM brainfart?

My assumption is fluke as it was a T6 as middle tier match, but the CV players will know the situation better than me, interested to know if it's "normal".

t7 CVs are the highestt tier that can have 2xCV. It actually happened quite a lot when there was Saipan available for doublons (and with a serious discount if I'm not mistaken) - I've actually seen a match with 4 Saipans that week.

...And one with 2 Saipans vs 2 Rangers. This was sad.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,281 posts
10,707 battles
6 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Fair enough, just a fluke then of 4 T7 CV's in the queue long enough, thought it must be, thanks for confirming.

Yes the Saipan did badly slap the other CV's, it smelled of pure seal clubbery (I was in Kamikaze, so I'm not preaching it's bad) as he had over 50 plane kills, several ships and his spotting shut the team down but his team dissolved with him having more XP than most of the winning team added up.

Tbh, 50 plane kills isn't that special for a Saipan in a 2v2 CV battle. :cap_book:

Players
164 posts
14,290 battles

Most frustrating thing with CVs: Even at T7 or T8 there are CV players still trying to sink the enemy CV and not once air support vs torp bombers. Much too much useless braindead non-team-playing CV idiots...

So many matches lost that were won due to non-support...

Sign in to follow this