You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
argoteck

Where are the other premium ships?

61 comments in this topic

[VRO]
Players
28 posts
4,886 battles

There are more than 3 months with same premium ships in game. And there are a few ships. Why WG dont rotate them or add some of the other premiums ?  Maybe someone from staff know the answer.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles

They DO rotate them. Be more patient.

Add the ships from the shop and the selection should be big enough.

• Cool 1

1,471 posts
10,086 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

They DO rotate them. Be more patient.

Add the ships from the shop and the selection should be big enough.

Not fair tho.

Someone who has MONEY on CARD can buy new ship every now and then.

Those who have GOLD on their ACCOUNTS have to wait about millenium and lifetime before they are able to buy anything. Having gold in game, except to reset points on cpt and remove modules is such crap. NO one ever should buy gold for that purpose.

• Cool 3

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,053 posts
3,769 battles

Before 0.7.1, "all" the premium ships (not the newest-newest, nor the banned ones) were available for purchase with doubloons in the techtree. Then WG decided that having that many premium ships available was "too confusing for (new) players", thus they culled the vast majority of it, only having a selection of "easily playable" ships readily available, with the ones being removed in a rotational offering. I don't know what constitutes "easily playable", but I find the Graf Spee, Perth or Hood not more easy than a Murmansk, Warspite or Indianapolis... If you bought doubloons, you're forked.

But that's the reason that's been given, so we'll have to stick with it... It's not possible it can be to create an artificial scarcity, by gambling on the sensation you have to pick up the ship you lust after when it becomes available in the shop, since you won't know when it will return. /s

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles

It was never ALL....

4 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Not fair tho.

Someone who has MONEY on CARD can buy new ship every now and then.

Those who have GOLD on their ACCOUNTS have to wait about millenium and lifetime before they are able to buy anything. Having gold in game, except to reset points on cpt and remove modules is such crap. NO one ever should buy gold for that purpose.

I wonder how I bought 4+ ships from the tree if I have to wait a millenium...

1,471 posts
10,086 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

It was never ALL....

I wonder how I bought 4+ ships from the tree if I have to wait a millenium...

Maybe you are elf? Or god? 

Players
17 posts
2,847 battles

I am a Seaman,when i started that game it was very short period before my new duty at sea. That time there was plenty vessels on tech tree. Then i decide buy some after my return, a couple months later i returned and bum,most of the premiums was gone. I was have thousands of doubloons cs of discount which tested by WG on some players.  I bought which i like,i spent doubloons for unnecessary vessels and stuff like noob ( yeah i am wallet noob ) ,I should buy which i want at the first ,damn i had to remember WG's crap decisions from WoT. Now i have to wait weeks and see what will they sell with euro. Whatever, WG is WG...

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles

@ColonelPeteyou are awfully patronizing. Not everyone has a lifestyle allowing him to wait forever and one day for a ship to be in shop. Just look at people like @TCG_OliveBranchhere. He's not in a position to wait forever.

WG has promised us that we will have a rotation, but the way they handle it looks like there is no rotation, and there is certainly 0 rotation of low tier premiums which are almost all gone save the Yubari. And I have been on that horse ever since they announced it.

I have worked for a wholesale food supplier, to accommodate changing customer habits, we have designed a 7 mil. € delivery service just to keep the sales at the same level. Not make more money, but just to stay in business.

What WG is doing by limiting access to products, reeks of borderline stupidity. People want to spend money on WG's pixel products and the artificial scarcity WG is using hinders them to do so. Not making sales in a F2P game just doesn't make sense to me, but hey I'm a classic retail fan, you know "buy three get one free" type of guy.

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles

He does not need to wait forever :fish_palm:

WG has different data. If they think they make more money this way, so be it. It is their income.

• Bad 3

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,376 posts
9,288 battles
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

Before 0.7.1, "all" the premium ships (not the newest-newest, nor the banned ones) were available for purchase with doubloons in the techtree. Then WG decided that having that many premium ships available was "too confusing for (new) players", thus they culled the vast majority of it, only having a selection of "easily playable" ships readily available, with the ones being removed in a rotational offering. I don't know what constitutes "easily playable", but I find the Graf Spee, Perth or Hood not more easy than a Murmansk, Warspite or Indianapolis... If you bought doubloons, you're forked.

But that's the reason that's been given, so we'll have to stick with it... It's not possible it can be to create an artificial scarcity, by gambling on the sensation you have to pick up the ship you lust after when it becomes available in the shop, since you won't know when it will return. /s

WG's reason in that case is a load of tosh...'too confusing for new players' so they punish everyone? It's about supply and demand, not the hoohaa reason they give. I'm not a new player, so why should I be punished in this way...why remove the selection from me or others like me? Choice is king. if they're worried about new players then make the ships unavailable to the new people, not everybody, unless of course there is another reason......

The premium shop is boring, the in game tech tree is even more boring, they've cut everything down so much it's made both stores unbelievably unattractive. Once gone for long they can introduce them in nice shiny specially inflated bundles..this is WG, we've all (mostly) seen it before time and again.

• Cool 2

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,376 posts
9,288 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

People are people.

Indecisive and impatient.

I see you're still practicing your poor people skills. I'd say you've probably reached your target of being one of the most arrogant and tactless people on the forums, no need to push harder surely? You don't even know what you believe anymore do you, so long as you somehow counter anyone that has something to ask of WG one way or the other. You're getting tedious and you don't really offer anything useful other than to troll others with your negative attitude and sock-puppety sentiment.

When last did you even think something positive? Why even bother write on the forums if it is too dreary for you. Perhaps you're so addicted to the forum (looking at your post count) that you have simply run out of anything useful to contribute so you spend your time derailing other people for entertainment or because you're empty. Go away mate or wake up.

• Cool 6

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles
4 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

I see you're still practicing your poor people skills. I'd say you've probably reached your target of being one of the most arrogant and tactless people on the forums, no need to push harder surely? You don't even know what you believe anymore do you, so long as you somehow counter anyone that has something to ask of WG one way or the other. You're getting tedious and you don't really offer anything useful other than to troll others with your negative attitude and sock-puppety sentiment.

When last did you even think something positive? Why even bother write on the forums if it is too dreary for you. Perhaps you're so addicted to the forum (looking at your post count) that you have simply run out of anything useless to contribute so you spend your time derailing other people for entertainment or because you're empty. Go away mate or wake up.

If you only read my comments in whine threads and agree with the whining, then your comment is no surprise.

Obviously your interest in this forum does not go much further than whine threads. You should read more.

• Bad 3

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
53 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

He does not need to wait forever :fish_palm:

WG has different data. If they think they make more money this way, so be it. It is their income.

Have you even read what he wrote? He bought doubloons to buy those ships, now he can't spend them as the ships aren't in the tech tree. And if he's at sea, no amount of offers will work for him.

8 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

The premium shop is boring, the in game tech tree is even more boring, they've cut everything down so much it's made both stores unbelievably unattractive.

A sad truth. The shop is unattractive. The amount of products has gone down.

9 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Once gone for long they can introduce them in nice shiny specially inflated bundles..this is WG, we've all (mostly) seen it before time and again.

They never learn, do they? Why do companies think people will forget their screw ups?

10 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

WG's reason in that case is a load of tosh...'too confusing for new players' so they punish everyone? It's about supply and demand, not the hoohaa reason they give. I'm not a new player, so why should I be punished in this way...why remove the selection from me or others like me? Choice is king. if they're worried about new players then make the ships unavailable to the new people, not everybody, unless of course there is another reason......

The reason given is pure BS. Reducing the amount of products is not "comfortable" for the customers, it's a way to gouge them by inflating prices and making sub-par offers.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles
1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Have you even read what he wrote? He bought doubloons to buy those ships, now he can't spend them as the ships aren't in the tech tree. And if he's at sea, no amount of offers will work for him.

1. You should not buy Doubloons when there is nothing in game to buy that interests you.

2. If there is something that interests you in the game and you buy Doubloons for that, buy the thing immediately. Do not wait!

3. If you want to wait for a good offer, then wait and be patient.

• Boring 2

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,376 posts
9,288 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you only read my comments in whine threads and agree with the whining, then your comment in no surprise.

Obviously your interest in this forum does not go much further than wine threads. You should read more.

And as usual you don't disappoint with your comment, but you've been called out now so how about being a little more proactive with your attitude and less patronising and arrogant? There's always room for self-improvement, so work on it.

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles
5 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

And as usual you don't disappoint with your comment, but you've been called out now so how about being a little more proactive with your attitude and less patronising and arrogant? There's always room for self-improvement, so work on it.

I should embrace and agree to whining like you? No thanks.

• Boring 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

1. You should not buy Doubloons when there is nothing in game to buy that interests you.

2. If there is something that interests you in the game and you buy Doubloons for that, buy the thing immediately. Do not wait!

Ok, this is reaching levels of Dumbo that almost make one's mind fly away.

1 - There things like special offers on Doubloons. Many bundles also come with them, in case you haven't noticed.

2 - This implies availability. After 0.7.1 this isn't the case anymore.

3 - Because surely the generous WG overlords will one day be kind enough to put that ship into the shop. And for a fair price. :Smile_trollface:

Screw that thought process. We aren't WG's supplicants, we are customers.  And this here customer will call them out on their bad sales practices.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
2,053 posts
3,769 battles
39 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

WG's reason in that case is a load of tosh...

Hence the "/s" ;)

• Cool 1

[HOO]
2,053 posts
3,769 battles
28 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

What if... I bought doubloons (well) before 0.7.1, with the intention of spending them when a techtree premium ship got discounted for 50% (T2-5), 30% (T6-7) or 15% (T8), and the removal of those ships happened before the discount happened, or before they were even introduced to the techtree (Kidd for instance), and no circulation of those ships in sight. Tough luck, fork out more money for direct purchase in the premium shop (including slot, of which I'm already having too many to begin with)? Not going to happen.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
15,900 posts
11,170 battles
33 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Ok, this is reaching levels of Dumbo that almost make one's mind fly away.

1 - There things like special offers on Doubloons. Many bundles also come with them, in case you haven't noticed.

2 - This implies availability. After 0.7.1 this isn't the case anymore.

3 - Because surely the generous WG overlords will one day be kind enough to put that ship into the shop. And for a fair price. :Smile_trollface:

Screw that thought process. We aren't WG's supplicants, we are customers.  And this here customer will call them out on their bad sales practices.

1. Then you gamble. You spend money and hope to get something for it in game thst is not there yet.

2. Then you do not buy Doubloons.

3. That is how I bought Warspite and Tirpitz with 50 and 30% discount.

[VRO]
Players
28 posts
4,886 battles

I dont get where is the problem if we ask for more premiums in game: wg makes money, we are happy. Ships are there and does not involve any development. So remember: we ask for them not whine.

Also is about good marketing to have a wide variety of products for your customers.

One more thing, before ranked bundles in premium shop were the same ships as in game.

3,833 posts
8,610 battles
14 minutes ago, argoteck said:

Also is about good marketing to have a wide variety of products for your customers.

True, but it is also a good marketing strategy to limit the stuff you could buy to increase the demand. Make it rare items so people are more willing to pay a higher price once the itme is available again.

Players
3,022 posts
7,137 battles

I think I can forget about the Scharnhorst now (and especially getting Scharnhorst with some of its price cut off). I don't have the ability to spend a sum like €50 whenever there is a tiny window of opportunity to purchase Scharnhorst and I was unable to spend more during the last sales last christmas.

If I had known the ships I wanted were going to be removed back when the last big sales were, I would've spend my money differently :Smile_facepalm:

Now it's gone ... :Smile_sceptic:

Limiting a ship I wanted to purchase at some time won't make me pay more for it. It will make me more annoyed for not a good reason at all and that's it.

Kinda a useless strategy I think.

[SM0KE]
Players
2,603 posts
6,449 battles

I get the 'false scarcity' logic for higher tier ships (=T7+, maybe even some T6); I assume WG either have some solid data that supports the practice, or they're in the process of gaining said data at the moment.

That said, I do feel it's bloody stupid (technical term from my professional life) not to have an abundance of T2-4, and some T5 premiums available all the time; no matter how much you muck about with the marketing, they're never going to net you a tonne of cash, and the down-sides of not having them available all the time outweigh the positives.

The key problem is, as ever, that a newbie *must* have access to lower tier premiums; everyone knows what happens when a sub-hundred games player buys a T8 premium - at the moment, the latter is largely the main option.

From the perspective of extracting maximum money from the customers, lower tier premiums are the gateway drug that gets a new player hooked (they tend to be fairly easy to play, and don't cost much, so why not give one a punt - it's low risk for the consumer); with a higher tier premium, you may get a few folk who are good enough to jump right in at T8, but I suspect that's a minority. WG need to provide a logical pathway for players to follow that eventually reaches the money-spinning higher tiers, but does so in a way that players' skills develop in tandem. The situation at the moment increases the likelihood of a newbie buying something at T8, sucking in it, and concluding that premiums are a waste of money...

• Cool 1