Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Kapteinsabel

Thank you carrier players!

12 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
2,867 battles

Hello

My name is Kapteinsabel, I have around 25k world of tanks battles under my belt, and around 2k wows battles.

I am still kinda fresh in wows, but still I have something to say:

I wish to send a deep "thank you" to all the carrier players out there, I know you take alot of heat, this is not your fault.

Blame the game not the player!

When that is said, I must just admit I love carriers in the game, they add so much in diversety.

Unlike in wot, where you could not do anything vs arty (other than obv hide/try vigle", you can doge torps, stay with good AA ships, plan your moves etc.

together with DD, they add alot to the game. Even the games with out carriers is good, because you can now make moves you could not before, just like when there is a game with out radar.

This would just not feel the same, if there where no radar or carriers.

Just like world of tanks needs arty, wows need carriers.

I don't like to play them my self, but I thank the people who do.

My love to you carriers <3

• Cool 21

[OGHF]
Players
676 posts
11,839 battles
2 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

yes CV is a must (only good players)

And there is the problem, if only all CV’s had mirrored  Captains in skill,and win rate, then I would  like CV’s in game, at the moment the chance if getting that is about 5%:cap_hmm:

• Cool 4

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,803 battles

That OP:cap_fainting:

This is not how forum works. You HAVE to complain about every class you don't (like to) play and get killed by.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6

[L4GG]
Players
1,659 posts
6,503 battles
12 hours ago, Kapteinsabel said:

Hello

My name is Kapteinsabel, I have around 25k world of tanks battles under my belt, and around 2k wows battles.

I am still kinda fresh in wows, but still I have something to say:

I wish to send a deep "thank you" to all the carrier players out there, I know you take alot of heat, this is not your fault.

Blame the game not the player!

When that is said, I must just admit I love carriers in the game, they add so much in diversety.

Unlike in wot, where you could not do anything vs arty (other than obv hide/try vigle", you can doge torps, stay with good AA ships, plan your moves etc.

together with DD, they add alot to the game. Even the games with out carriers is good, because you can now make moves you could not before, just like when there is a game with out radar.

This would just not feel the same, if there where no radar or carriers.

I don't like to play them my self, but I thank the people who do.

My love to you carriers <3

you are so "fresh out the boat".

the cv problem or is bad players or good players, one of them have to play something else. Because I don't have any problem with bad players as long good players don't show up and vice-versa.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
9 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

And there is the problem, if only all CV’s had mirrored  Captains in skill,and win rate, then I would  like CV’s in game, at the moment the chance if getting that is about 5%:cap_hmm:

If you mirror CV players by player skill/WR, though, wouldn't they all meet each other again sooner or later? Sounds like the same problems as we would have with skill-based MM for all classes.

Bad players vs bad players --> WR becomes around 50%/player skill as recorded by the game becomes average

Good players vs good players --> WR becomes around 50%/player skill as recorded by the game becomes average

Both player categories which were formerly seperated by skill are now in the same group again.

Sure it is simplified and might be a lot more complicated, but especially for CVs and their high influence, this might happen faster.

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
1,521 posts
15,439 battles
13 hours ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

yes CV is a must (only good players)

No, please allow bad players as well. How else do you farm Clear Sky flags?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,565 posts
8,265 battles
20 hours ago, Kapteinsabel said:

I thought: "What a wholesome post."

Then I got to the above sentence...

I don't think either game needs arty/carriers.

WoWs for sure should have carriers just because it's a warship game, of course there should be carriers. But I don't think the game needs carriers for gameplay reasons.

WoT neither should have or need arty. They have no reason to exist in a tank game. They are both detrimental to the gameplay and illogical for the setting.

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this