Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Total Despair ūüėĒ

23 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
674 posts
11,839 battles

Played a Standard Battle in Random this morning, only 4 players per side, 2 x DD, Pensecola and me in my Leander.

suggested we stayed close to base, Pensecola to stay wih me and use my smoke and DD to spot and stay stealth. 1 DD went off like a rockef, spotted and sunk before we could help him, Pensecola then left me and the safety of my smoke, I put 2 torps into there Leander , he popped out of smoke and I finished him off and did damage to there Pensecola, our Pensecola died as he finished off there Pensecola, I finished off 1 DD, leaving 1 DD and me against there full health DD, told our DD to spot only, but no, he had to fly in  all guns blazing only to die in a wave of torps before I could even line up on there DD, so only me left, they had points advantage so had to chase down there DD could not get close enough to him to spot him so  we lost. Team play at it’s worst :Smile_facepalm:

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles

Hhehehe! A totally normal game then. I always find that it is best to assume, that something like that WILL happen anyway and try to plan my own actions accordingly (just "go with the flow" you know) rather than expect anyone to stick to a rational plan. IE - The main mistake here was to concentrate on killing the Cruisers - You see, this is exactly why one must always focus on enemy DD's first. Because it is absolutely bloody impossible to find em' devious buggers later on without own DD. :Smile_amazed::Smile_ohmy:

Well, that is assuming they were spotted at some point earlier of course - If not, then you guys would have been screwed anyways, so no regrets.:Smile_smile:

see.jpg.7553811f06449cc6cfe69e8aaa3d8060.jpg

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,911 posts
7,788 battles

Wait ... mirrored ships in random? Sure it wasnt coop?

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
7,717 posts
9,928 battles

I just had a game with no DDs.

Each team had 1 CV, 4 BBs and the rest cruisers. I advise at the start of the game that people should NOT rush into caps but instead wait out a bit until we've reduced the enemy numbers.

So of course most of the cruisers rush straight to the caps and die predictably. I notice that the side where our CV spawned is crumbling hard due to those stupid yolo-suicides and tell the CV to evacuate, he doesn't, then dies as the enemy inevitably catches him.

The moral of the story is: the average random player has roughly the same accumulated intelligence of a cubic-meter dirt and wouldn't be able to make a reasonable decision even if you politely told them what to do.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 6

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles

I've just about given up, trying to talk tactics via the in game chat window, people just seem to ignore it and do there own thing these days.

The chat window know seems to be reserved for calling out the enemy, or your own team when your own incompetence gets you in a fatal situation.

The new fashionable thing to do seems to be for the incompetent DD or best concealment drivers to constantly spam  'I need intelligence data'  from the back of the map.

I do wonder sometimes why I bother.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
593 posts
14,608 battles

Well, we've all been in these situations, they are not amusing to say the least but yeah, I just can't understand why many people disregard the chat until they've messed up their entire team and then start typing various stuff.
Of course, some people don't respond because they may not know English.

[-TAP-]
Players
80 posts
4,805 battles

I felt a bit despairing after just a couple of games last night trying to get my daily win in the Fushun.  First match I wombled over to a cap and contested it for a while against a standard dd/cruiser assault for a while but kept seeing friendly cruisers and a friendly dd broadside suiciding into torps which were spotted a mile off. By the time I died (10 mins in or so), I'd realised that our CV (ranger) was just idling around and hadn't launched any planes, so decided to alt-tab for a quick stats check on it. 27% Winrate, pretty special - but not as special as his trips in the Kolberg, which were a quite stunning 17% WR over 50 or so battles :cap_cool:.  Not even sure how you get that low in a cruiser, you literally get a higher WR than that by not loading in.

Next match, another CV battle but the opposition has the Saipan to our Ranger, so I know that unless the Saipan's captained by my precious CV teammate we're going to struggle. Turns out that he wasn't in it:cap_old:, so despite our CV actually being very competent (chucked him a compliment for it) he couldn't contend with the Saipan, and I couldn't get near a cap to contest it due to the spotting.  I eventually died whilst delaying an enemy dd and a few bbs at our initial cap:cap_rambo: .  Still, the game went down to the wire, but unfortunately the Ranger eventually got deplaned, and the Saipan then mopped the rest of the team up and they won on points/time. As I already had the stats site up, checked it and turns out he's some god emperor of CVs, with a 90% WR over 800 battles in his well-balanced :cap_money: ship.

At that stage, I decided Mr. Matchmaker wasn't going to be on my side, so logged off for the night. Hopefully next time I'm on, karma will balance out and I'll be on the other team. Also, a couple of random Supercontainers wouldn't go amiss . . . :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
674 posts
11,839 battles
2 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Wait ... mirrored ships in random? Sure it wasnt coop?

Nope, it was a random game, had A 5vs 5 game last we3k, must be the new MM kicking in.

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,141 battles

Well,  sounds like a normal day in WoWs - the game where weekend NEVER stops! :cap_like:

It usually goes like this - you have "The special one" who either YOLOs, to A when everyone else goes to BC. And promptly dies. Calling others noobs and campers. 

Then you have DDs, who manage to die as soon as they get to the cap, approximately 2 minutes in game.

Then you have BBs, who are as far from the cap as they can be, shooting HE, all the time spamming "I need help". And yes,  when enemy counter reaches 900 points, then they rush - NOT in group, God forbid, but one by one  - to their mercifully quick end....

And of course, if you, by your dire misfortune, end up playing Two Brothers, you get "Special Ones Mk2" who think they will outwit everyone by going through the gap. And we all know how that ends.... (P.S. I blame community contributors for that....) 

I have seen it all...

Players
1,228 posts
7,680 battles
35 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

And of course, if you, by your dire misfortune, end up playing Two Brothers, you get "Special Ones Mk2" who think they will outwit everyone by going through the gap. And we all know how that ends.... (P.S. I blame community contributors for that....)

I have seen that work. Approx 1% of the time. That said, I  had a game on the Neighbours map last week where the opposition team sailed into the opposing corners of the map (why they do this???)  I sailed my Molotov diagonally up the middle of the map, into the enemy cap, and we won without my firing a shot.  Bizarre. 

[OGHF]
Players
674 posts
11,839 battles

Wont mention his name, but in a T7 game tonight in Standard game mode,¬†we had a DD that would not spot, would not help the team in n any way. When questioned about stopping dead in the water behind an island and leaving me in a fiji to spot for the team while he torped from the second line, he replied ‚Äú I am not going in first to get spotted and die, I leave that to you bitches‚ÄĚ, say‚Äôs it all really¬†:Smile_facepalm:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

• Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
821 posts
12,470 battles

There have been more of these small battles lately where each team only has a handful of ships, it might make it more interesting but it also makes for a harder and quicker game with less points and less income 

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,141 battles
8 hours ago, robihr said:

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Dispair

Uhm, it should be despair, you know....

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
3,944 posts
14,412 battles

Smallest random battle I ever had was a standard battle with me in my Mikasa + two DDs against a cruiser and two DDs.

The enemy made the mistake to charge our cap.

I managed to hit the cruiser at long range with Mikasa's main guns (!!!) and damaged his engine... which helped getting him torped by one of my team's DDs

One enemy DD thought it was a jolly good idea to go in and try to torp a Mikasa from close range. I ate an eel and he fell to Mikasa''s secondaries...

And the last enemy ship got focussed in our cap and went down rather quickly.

That battle really didn't take long...

Players
425 posts
8,831 battles
6 minutes ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I managed to hit the cruiser at long range with Mikasa's main guns (!!!)

That in itself is a bloody miracle, RNGesus was looking down on you and smiling :Smile_honoring:

Players
425 posts
8,831 battles

Just had a game where the DD on my flank hit reverse and went backwards to the rear of the battlefield, with those sorts of players random matches become a major chore to win.

Beta Tester
1,100 posts
8,555 battles
On 2018-04-24 at 11:36 AM, Cyclops_ said:

Played a Standard Battle in Random this morning, only 4 players per side, 2 x DD, Pensecola and me in my Leander.

suggested we stayed close to base, Pensecola to stay wih me and use my smoke and DD to spot and stay stealth. 1 DD went off like a rockef, spotted and sunk before we could help him, Pensecola then left me and the safety of my smoke, I put 2 torps into there Leander , he popped out of smoke and I finished him off and did damage to there Pensecola, our Pensecola died as he finished off there Pensecola, I finished off 1 DD, leaving 1 DD and me against there full health DD, told our DD to spot only, but no, he had to fly in  all guns blazing only to die in a wave of torps before I could even line up on there DD, so only me left, they had points advantage so had to chase down there DD could not get close enough to him to spot him so  we lost. Team play at it’s worst :Smile_facepalm:

My "pro" tip? Play Belfast, Kutuzov, Hinden and Conqueror, dont matter what retard teams you get you will atleast have a great loss with a bunch of XP and credits. Those ships just dont give a Fuuuuuck!

Players
2,160 posts
On 24/04/2018 at 10:36 AM, Cyclops_ said:

Can I officially despair of the fact a native English speaker has no idea the word there has no similarity to the word their, other than they just sound alike? They're not interchangeable.

Try this -

There, they're there getting their win.

Now in lazy gibberish

There, there there getting there win.

Which one is easier to understand or even makes sense?

It's basic literacy and good manners especially when there are non native speakers likely to read.

As to the scenario you painted, you can't avoid people being tactically stupid or lazy, both are facts of life.

Players
425 posts
4,916 battles

Sounds like a normal battle indeed.

You just have to realise that any attempt at creating a tactic is just that. An attempt.

Had one today where I pushed in a cap, laid a smoke for the 2 CAs to shoot what I spot. Tell them in chat what I am planning to do. They sail past my smoke and there I am smokeless because my smoke is well behind me, they are shot to pieces by the enemy fleet that I was spotting, and I just have to watch that ghastly sight as I proceed to carry the whole flank myself, solo cap two caps, kill the enemy top tier DD that was farming our BBs unchallenged, and die to focus fire as the game crumbles and we lose soon after. They had a Kamikaze literally within 5Km of them unsmoked just torping everyone to shreds in a T7 match... Glad it was my last Mahans battle before purchasing the Benson. Rank 10, here I come.

Players
2,160 posts
5 minutes ago, EgyptOverseer said:

Sounds like a normal battle indeed.

You just have to realise that any attempt at creating a tactic is just that. An attempt.

Had one today where I pushed in a cap, laid a smoke for the 2 CAs to shoot what I spot. Tell them in chat what I am planning to do. They sail past my smoke and there I am smokeless because my smoke is well behind me, they are shot to pieces by the enemy fleet that I was spotting, and I just have to watch that ghastly sight as I proceed to carry the whole flank myself, solo cap two caps, kill the enemy top tier DD that was farming our BBs unchallenged, and die to focus fire as the game crumbles and we lose soon after. They had a Kamikaze literally within 5Km of them unsmoked just torping everyone to shreds in a T7 match... Glad it was my last Mahans battle before purchasing the Benson. Rank 10, here I come.

Painfully familiar story when I DD at all tiers, although now and then it's the opposite.

I managed to top score in Hindy today after a friendly DD smoked me to save me in a cap when a previously unspotted Minotaur hoved into view at 8km with my broadside facing his guns, this was a few minutes in and I'd have been toast without his cover and went on to help carry the game.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,224 posts
14,454 battles

Now imagine playing CVs. You have the best view over the entire battle AND you have to stay in the match until the very end more often than not.

That means you witness every. single. :etc_swear: up of your team. And best of all, they will usually find some way to blame you for it!

Playing this game in general makes you lose faith in humanity hella fast, but playing CVs just takes it to a whole other level.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
425 posts
4,916 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Now imagine playing CVs. You have the best view over the entire battle AND you have to stay in the match until the very end more often than not.

That means you witness every. single. :etc_swear: up of your team. And best of all, they will usually find some way to blame you for it!

Playing this game in general makes you lose faith in humanity hella fast, but playing CVs just takes it to a whole other level.

True.

I need to stop staying in CV view when I die and just move on to the next battle. :cap_popcorn:

Sign in to follow this