Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JH_87

Suggestion: "Cap Contested" Ribbon

10 comments in this topic

[THROW]
[THROW]
Players
24 posts
11,142 battles

Hi, 

there is an issue that has been bothering me for quite some time now. When playing DDs it happens that you sit in a cap just to: 1. block it, so the enemy can't cap or 2. contest it until the enemy ship is not blocking the cap anymore so you can secure the cap for your team. 

If this is just a matter of up to 30 to 60 seconds, you get enough XP with the "captured" or "Assisted in Capture" Ribbon. If the stand-off lasts longer though, every DD player faces a decision: 1. to continue trying to secure the capture point, this leads to a loss of XP for the player because he deals no/less damage while doing this even though he tries to help the team winning and 2. abandoning the objective to go hunting for BBs etc.. This leads to more XP for the player. 

I was thinking about the Idea of a "Contested" ribbon - which gives the player 30/40/50(or whatever) xp for every 20/30/45 seconds a cap is contested by both sides.

• Cool 11

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,230 posts
6,768 battles

I... actually like the idea. Well thought.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

Has been asked for multiple times already. Not having anything remotely like it at this point the only reasonable conclusion we can draw is that WG doesn't give a flying crap.

• Cool 1

Players
721 posts

+1 for the suggestion. My guess is that WG doesn't want to make it easy for bots to farm XP by just parking the ship in a cap but I'm pretty sure such a capable group of persons can come up with something to prevent that.

Beta Tester
205 posts
961 battles

Agreed, anything that would encourage ppl to play the objective is most welcome.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,101 posts
14,384 battles
22 minutes ago, Niibler said:

+1 for the suggestion. My guess is that WG doesn't want to make it easy for bots to farm XP by just parking the ship in a cap but I'm pretty sure such a capable group of persons can come up with something to prevent that.

Bot are generally quite easy to kill even when they aren't sitting still. As they tend to be, it'll make it child's play to utterly squash them.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
43 posts
5,879 battles

A good idea, and they should also add a assist on kills ribbon (like 20% of hp or more)

[BS4]
Players
881 posts
5,495 battles
22 minutes ago, Pricket said:

A good idea, and they should also add a assist on kills ribbon (like 20% of hp or more)

Hell yes....one of my biggest fustrating at the moment is doing all the work on mtultiple targets only to watch the last volley overtaken in mid air by a sniping bb with superior velocity and a suddenly well timed click of the mouse to take all the credit. This didn't used to bother me so much because a kill was a kill but I've noticed that BB players are done this a lot more these days and your pr rating drops as your kills/frags deminish.

[-TAP-]
Players
78 posts
4,770 battles

It is indeed a good idea - and could also assist with those frustrating times in (usually) a BB where you park up in a cap, and then just soak up wave after wave of disruptive "cap resetting" shells until eventually someone stealthier finds the time to also edge in with you to actually cap it. There's always that sensation when you get to the final stats screen and see your contribution to that effort as consisting of "2/120 cap points" where you feel that the person responsible for designing the xp formula is actually Douglas Reynholm from the IT crowd.

Sign in to follow this