Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sambor1966

Richelieu captans skills

6 comments in this topic

Players
610 posts
6,814 battles

Hi all! I just research Richelieu and really got confused with his captains perks and upgrades! Played a few battens and this ship is for me much different than another’s BB’s on tier 8. Should I have AA and secondary’s on max or do something different? Desperation often is not nice on this ship! For every help thanks!

Players
588 posts
4,770 battles

I went with preventative maintenance first, losing one of only two turrets is a scary thought. Followed it up with AR, superintendent and concealment expert for obvious reasons, then bft and aft to buff the already great AA. Expert Marksman also lastly for the turret traverse.

French secondaries have good range but do pitiful damage, but bft and especially aft work well with them to compliment their already good AA, the boost to your secondaries from those skills is just a bonus.

IMHO an AA build like what I listed or a survivability build with fire prevention and that one skill that reduces fire and flood times instead of aft/bft are best since people love to throw HE at your 32 mm everything.

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles

I'd go with :

http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/1100000010100010000001000100000119

You need Fire Prevention, you want Adrenaline, and you need Concealment expert.

Richelieu and Alsace turret are quite fragile, so PM is also a must.

As for the modules, go for main battery accuracy, and on Alsace and République, add the main battery reload to it.

Both Alsace and République can use a decent secondary build, they won't do much damage but they will set fires like crazy. I still prefer using a survivaility build however.

République is worth the grind. Richelieu is a decent tier 8 but far from amazing. Alsace is great but the 380 sometimes feels frustrating (they lacks penetration power on angled Target I found out). République fast reloading 431 on the other hand are amazing. Their accuracy is a bit meh, but the balistic is great, the penetration is awesome and they hurts a lot. And anyway with 20 seconds reload, even the meh accuracy isn't that much of a price to pay.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
939 posts
11,846 battles

Go go full secondary. You got a ton of guns in the back within very long range and high accuracy, it saved my [edited]bounteous times when dds tried to sneaking on me because they thought I wouldn’t be able to harm the with my front turrets. 

Also secondary build on Alsace and Republique are a must :)

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,228 posts
6,768 battles

I disagree. Secondary build is great, but a survivability build is nice to have too and work as well.

And on Alsace, you need IFHE if you want the secondaries to works on enemy DDs, which makes it very costly point-wise. You need IFHE-AFT-Manual Secondary and sacrifice CE... 

TBH I don't like secondary build at all, it cost way too much points and you lose so many useful modules to makes it better. And République is great even with a standard build, I love those 431.

• Cool 1

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

I disagree. Secondary build is great, but a survivability build is nice to have too and work as well.

And on Alsace, you need IFHE if you want the secondaries to works on enemy DDs, which makes it very costly point-wise. You need IFHE-AFT-Manual Secondary and sacrifice CE... 

TBH I don't like secondary build at all, it cost way too much points and you lose so many useful modules to makes it better. And République is great even with a standard build, I love those 431.

As someone who owns both, Dunkerque and Richelie I agree with Corvi. Secondarys is all the way on French BB line including Richelie. For me and many of us it works perfect.

CE is no need on French BB's. If you need CE in that case, you can go some full main gun / survival build, but in that case secondarys became useless without perks.

Secondary build doesnt cost so much points. Few times I started with 10 points which is enough for manual secondarys + BFT and you have 8.4 km range. Most of the time I played Richelie with 8.4 km range, and I used secondarys in every battle.

This perks are good to use if you have 10 points captain - http://shipcomrade.com/captcalc/0100000000000010000010001000000019

You dont need Expert Marksman, French BB guns are already fast turning.

Richelie is a fast ship, even without Engine Boost, so you can easy get in range for secondarys when you are 1 on 1, or 1 on 2. Otherwise keys W and S are your friends and long range main guns.

Richelie was for me one of the easiest BB's to play, enjoyable, fun, and thats why ill keep it. Im considering to play it maybe in ranked s9.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this