Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bonzaibuddaa

4 game ideas

22 comments in this topic

Players
103 posts
6,595 battles

clan administration

join limits, players below 50% for example should not apply

achivements

playing in a division should give achivements

radar

during a storm radar should not work, i was in a match with 5 radar ships vs 0 in a strom - no fun at all

radio calls pressing B key

WATCH MY TORPS should be added

Players
617 posts

1 each clan can set their own standards. Why should players be prevented from making online clan buddies, just because they're not very good at the game?

2 the achievement is winning more often. Any achievement on top of a victory is icing on the cake. Any achievement from a loss is a wooden spoon.

3 that would make radar even more unrealistic than it already is.

4 agree. But best person to watch your torps is you, not your team-mates. IE take extreme care launching from 2nd line.

My ideas:

I More maps.

II better ship game balance. EG Ranger vs Saipan. Pepsi vs Belfast.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
16 minutes ago, Lin3 said:

1 each clan can set their own standards. Why should players be prevented from making online clan buddies, just because they're not very good at the game?

I'm pretty sure that's what he means - that the clan leader could just set some rules that would automatically block applications TO THEIR CLAN based on some criteria (like winrate) so that they don't have to manually reject 45% applicants. If someone is ok with such candidates, he would simply not set any automatic rules.

2 the achievement is winning more often. Any achievement on top of a victory is icing on the cake. Any achievement from a loss is a wooden spoon.

He probably means something akin to WoT achievements granted for examplary performance of a division as a whole (say, 8 kills between all division mates). I think we could have something like that, although it shouldn't be giving any bonus signals - after all, playing in a div is its own advantage.

3 that would make radar even more unrealistic than it already is.

...actually Radar doesn't work well in a storm, so disabling it/limiting its range wouldn't be against realism. Then again - who cares about realism? We have an island-ignoring uses-limited Radar that only works in short bursts. It's pretty clear that it's a gameplay mechanic that doesn't have much relation with how Radar works - slightly increasing or decreasing how realistic it is wouldn't really make a difference with how different the WoWs Radar is from the actual thing.

Players
2,159 posts
2 hours ago, bonzaibuddaa said:

clan administration

achivements

radar

during a storm radar should not work, i was in a match with 5 radar ships vs 0 in a strom - no fun at all

1. Nope, some people have hidden stats, it's up to clan admin, nothing to do with the game.

2. Not needed

3. No, radars have a cooldown and short duration - inequality in radar distribution is a wider issue.

4. Indeed it would be useful, bit like the requesting assistance that can be targeted.

[DAVY]
Players
1,581 posts
9,353 battles
7 hours ago, bonzaibuddaa said:

clan administration

achivements

radar

1) that would eliminate 75% of the clans, in fact you wouldn't be able to join a clan again...

2) hmm, like brothers in arms in tanks, not sure if it's needed here.

3) as Beau said it's more important to balance the number of radar ships than limit the use.

4) why, they're your torps, they are your responsibilty, don't launch if you can hit a friendly.

Players
103 posts
6,595 battles

Yes eliaston, that is what i mean.

about the call, at the moment i always need to type in chat. and i need to type it in 10 different languages so that i am on the safe side.

WATCH MY LINE OF FIRE TORPS TORPS

• Bad 1

Players
471 posts
2,269 battles
1 hour ago, Salentine said:

4) why, they're your torps, they are your responsibilty, don't launch if you can hit a friendly.

This!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
3,281 posts
10,707 battles
1 hour ago, bonzaibuddaa said:

Yes eliaston, that is what i mean.

about the call, at the moment i always need to type in chat. and i need to type it in 10 different languages so that i am on the safe side.

WATCH MY LINE OF FIRE TORPS TORPS

You need to watch out where you fire your torps - not your allies.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
2 hours ago, Salentine said:

1) that would eliminate 75% of the clans, in fact you wouldn't be able to join a clan again...

(...)

1. How the hell would it eliminate 75% clans if the clan commander could set minimum requirements to apply for membership? :Smile_amazed:

4. Yeah, and that's why we don't need an effective way to warn people, right? Because, as we know, nobody ever makes mistakes and everyone's situational awareness is impeccable, so whenever somebody launches torps in a way that potentially endangers a teammate, it's done consciously (if not outright on purpose) :Smile_teethhappy:

I personally would probably appreciate a more general "there are torps coming your way" since I've seen some people sitting blissfully in smokes, completely unaware not only of the danger of being torped, but sometimes of already spotted torps (the alarm only rings when these are pretty close already). Some people can eat the strangest torps, spotted seemingly forever - maybe an extra quick command option could help with them (writing in chat takes time and these people might not exactly be ones to look at chat either)...

• Cool 4

[DAVY]
Players
1,581 posts
9,353 battles
2 hours ago, eliastion said:

1. How the hell would it eliminate 75% clans if the clan commander could set minimum requirements to apply for membership? :Smile_amazed:

4. Yeah, and that's why we don't need an effective way to warn people, right? Because, as we know, nobody ever makes mistakes and everyone's situational awareness is impeccable, so whenever somebody launches torps in a way that potentially endangers a teammate, it's done consciously (if not outright on purpose) :Smile_teethhappy:

I personally would probably appreciate a more general "there are torps coming your way" since I've seen some people sitting blissfully in smokes, completely unaware not only of the danger of being torped, but sometimes of already spotted torps (the alarm only rings when these are pretty close already). Some people can eat the strangest torps, spotted seemingly forever - maybe an extra quick command option could help with them (writing in chat takes time and these people might not exactly be ones to look at chat either)...

but are you 100% sure that what he's suggesting, or players should be above 50% to join any clan? and there are a lot of clans out there with players below that level.

i think that the warning would be considered justification by some players for sending torps near a friendly, "i warned him, but he still got in the way, it's not my fault"...

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,767 battles

Yeah, and that's why we don't need an effective way to warn people, right? Because, as we know, nobody ever makes mistakes and everyone's situational awareness is impeccable, so whenever somebody launches torps in a way that potentially endangers a teammate, it's done consciously (if not outright on purpose) :Smile_teethhappy:

If you make mistakes so often that you need extra button... don't fkn use torps at all!

since I've seen some people sitting blissfully in smokes, completely unaware not only of the danger of being torped, but sometimes of already spotted torps (the alarm only rings when these are pretty close already). Some people can eat the strangest torps, spotted seemingly forever - maybe an extra quick command option could help with them (writing in chat takes time and these people might not exactly be ones to look at chat either)...

They deserve to eat those torps.

• Bad 1

Players
471 posts
2,269 battles

I'll never avoid friendly torps if I have show broadside to the other team never. Such a button will only increase second line torping bad idea imho

• Cool 3

Players
905 posts
11,126 battles
3 hours ago, eliastion said:

Problem is, as a sensible person, you are assuming that most others are also sensible people. As such, for the very few occassions where you screw up or deliberately risk a launch and pull the short stick, it would indeed be useful. But that's so rare it's basically rounding error, and for that, a quick "XY, torps to port!" is usually good enough in chat. (Followed by the "I'm sorry, mate, my bad :\ " :Smile_teethhappy:)

But for people who would actually use, hell, spam it, it would be naught but a convenient tool to justify their actions. Launch, press Fwhatever, TK, "F*cking moron, I tould you via radio that I torp, noob". Frankly, I would rather not give the tools to do so even if the intelligent part of the playerbase thus does not get an otherwise comfortable quick radio command.

46 minutes ago, Yogibjoern said:

I'll never avoid friendly torps if I have show broadside to the other team never. Such a button will only increase second line torping bad idea imho

Pretty much. At this point, I'd rather simply disregard my mistaken teammate than to die in a way that the obvious guy would have no idea that he is the actual reason of my horrible situation - be it torps, collision, whatever. I rather get TK'd than get in a situation where I get deleted by someone elses fault.

• Cool 4

Players
471 posts
2,269 battles
16 minutes ago, AkosJaccik said:

Problem is, as a sensible person, you are assuming that most others are also sensible people. As such, for the very few occassions where you screw up or deliberately risk a launch and pull the short stick, it would indeed be useful. But that's so rare it's basically rounding error, and for that, a quick "XY, torps to port!" is usually good enough in chat. (Followed by the "I'm sorry, mate, my bad :\ " :Smile_teethhappy:)

But for people who would actually use, hell, spam it, it would be naught but a convenient tool to justify their actions. Launch, press Fwhatever, TK, "F*cking moron, I tould you via radio that I torp, noob". Frankly, I would rather not give the tools to do so even if the intelligent part of the playerbase thus does not get an otherwise comfortable quick radio command.

Pretty much. At this point, I'd rather simply disregard my mistaken teammate than to die in a way that the obvious guy would have no idea that he is the actual reason of my horrible situation - be it torps, collision, whatever. I rather get TK'd than get in a situation where I get deleted by someone elses fault.

Exactly this reason!!

Players
161 posts
5,853 battles
13 hours ago, bonzaibuddaa said:

Achievement: EZmode , awards -33%xp ? :Smile_hiding:

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,375 posts
9,288 battles
14 hours ago, bonzaibuddaa said:

clan administration

achivements

radar

I've been here so long and still amazed when people create posts to suggest ideas. It's like farting against thunder.

Clan administration - why? - it sounds a little elitist

Achievements for divisioning - why? - anything to amuse small minds with little trinkets to make them feel good about themselves. Is it that important to you?

Radar - why - hasn't affected me yet. Not a problem

Radio calls pressing B key - take better care when firing torps, simple as that. How about a button that states WATCH YOUR TORPS?

If you are looking to suggesting things that remove the need for common sense and using a little cognitive reasoning (and I mean a little) why not just stop actually playing the game altogether and just spectate.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
9 hours ago, Salentine said:

but are you 100% sure that what he's suggesting, or players should be above 50% to join any clan? and there are a lot of clans out there with players below that level.

Yes. He mentioned it as "clan administration" proposition - and actually later himself confirmed that my interpretation was correct.

8 hours ago, Profilus said:

If you make mistakes so often that you need extra button... don't fkn use torps at all!

I don't make (this kind of) mistakes often. It doesn't change the fact that when I do, a quick command would be significantly more useful than typing in chat. Not to mention that we actually have a bunch completely useless ones: the cursing one, the "good luck" one, the "good game" one... None of these does anything. "Watch out for torps" could save lives.

8 hours ago, Profilus said:

They deserve to eat those torps.

Perhaps. But I don't deserve them dying like that and I'd certainly prefer them to stop tunnelvisioning and start vacating that f*cking smoke before it's too late - which is why I need the quick command to alert them of the danger. Similarly you might say that people who can't recognize priority targets don't deserve to reap the benefits of focusing fire on the right ship - and yet I'm certainly happy that I have the F3 quick command.

7 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

This is certainly a sound argument - however, we're about to get an update that gets you relegated to Coop if you keep having accidents with your torps. This makes me think that:

1. Most people will realize that they should not torp allies after a couple forced coops, since issuing the quick command doesn't seem to prevent them from turning pink and orange

2. The above won't work on some people, but these are the kind of people that don't need a quick command to be convinced that eating their torps is the victim's fault

So, all things considered, I doubt people who normally don't torp allies would start doing so. On the other hand, every couple dozen matches someone would end up hearing a timely warning - and HEARING is the important part here, since the person in most danger of being torped might also have their attention focused on the enemy they are fighting. And sure, the best players probably can fight, read the chat and look around all at the same time, but that's a very small minority. Most could certainly use an advanced warning to, you know, not die (or find themselves in a situation where they have to choose between dying or putting themselves lethally out op position.

5 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

Clan administration - why? - it sounds a little elitist

Why not? There are plenty clans that put some WR% threshold as joining requirement. In fact...

Ideally you have:
(...)
     - Decent stats (Say for example 55+% winrate, but totally more like 70+%)

(...)

sounds familiar? :Smile_trollface:

You could probably say that it's elitist, but it's natural that many clans have some requirements. I don't see any harm in letting them create some automated first-leve filter so that they don't have to deal with applications from 45% winrate heroes. It's just a QOL improvement for leaders of clans that don't just take in anybody that asks.

5 hours ago, Shaka_D said:

Radio calls pressing B key - take better care when firing torps, simple as that. How about a button that states WATCH YOUR TORPS?

Well, the big difference here is that your proposition is for venting (and this can be just as well written in chat). The warning about incoming torps, on the other hand, can save ships. And the ships saved, mind you, aren't usually the ship of the careless torper - singular mistakes are more common than repeated offenders. In most cases the early warning would be potentially saving the victim, not the offender (I mean, the offender might avoid getting pink, but if I were to make a choice, I'd take "not being sunk" over "the idiot getting pink as he deserves").

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
811 posts
18,767 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Perhaps. But I don't deserve them dying like that and I'd certainly prefer them to stop tunnelvisioning and start vacating that f*cking smoke before it's too late - which is why I need the quick command to alert them of the danger.

After all endless topics about ppl not learning just sailing you still want to hold hands of ppl who pay no attention to their surroundings? Most often it's BB that gets torped(my own stats:Smile-_tongue:) and i always wonder what the heck they are doing 24-30 seconds after each salvo if they can't react to torps spotted 10km away.

1 hour ago, eliastion said:

singular mistakes are more common than repeated offenders

In my experience its more common to hear "i warned you about my mistake torps towards you, you little [edited]" than to hear simple "sry". And if u give them THE button, those perps have free ticket to blame everybody but themselves because THEY WARNED YOU.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,341 posts
11,248 battles
3 hours ago, Profilus said:

After all endless topics about ppl not learning just sailing you still want to hold hands of ppl who pay no attention to their surroundings?

Of course I do. I like to win. My allies dying to torps spotted 15 kilometers away don't exactly contribute to my victory, you know :Smile-_tongue:

Most often it's BB that gets torped(my own stats:Smile-_tongue:) and i always wonder what the heck they are doing 24-30 seconds after each salvo if they can't react to torps spotted 10km away.

The most depressing when it comes to player skill is when I send a salvo of 4 torps (Akizuki, you know), 3 of them strike a target, killing it, one misses... and half a minute later another ribbon appears. Had it yesterday. An enemy Richelieu managed to catch ONE LAST torp, spotted half a minute earlier by his ally that blew up as a result. There was something unreal about that.

In my experience its more common to hear "i warned you about my mistake torps towards you, you little [edited]" than to hear simple "sry". And if u give them THE button, those perps have free ticket to blame everybody but themselves because THEY WARNED YOU.

You contradict yourself a bit - you say that they do so without a button, so what will the button change? Making their warning more timely and audible hardly worsens the situation - I still prefer hearing a warning and not getting torped than having someone to report for chat misuse and seeing him turn pink for killing me, you know?

The button would be harmful only if people who normally are aware that they shouldn't torp allies start doing so. But these people won't be affected by the button's presence because they seem to be capable of putting facts together to some extent - and if they can notice the button as excuse, they can also notice the TK penalty that doesn't care about their excuses.

Basically: the irredeemable idiots that will be torping allies and blaming them for that - do so already. People capable of learning not to torp allies - won't be doing that regardless of the extra quick command. And the warnings that do appear will be more noticeable, saving some people from being torped/put in situations where they choose between being torped and dying to the enemy.

Not to mention that I actually support the idea of a more general button along the lines of "I see torpedoes coming your way, beware!" or something like that. Even if a "watch out for my torps" was as dangerous as you guys seem to believe (which I really doubt) - making it a message that implies spotted enemy torps serves as the quick warning and does NOT carry these implications (that torping in direction of allies is something normal) that you're so afraid of.

• Cool 1

Players
2,159 posts

A generic torpedo warning can serve 2 purposes, both to warn of friendly and enemy torpedoes spotted. I don't see it as any licence to torpedo stupidly. I launch a lot of torpedoes and I admit I sometimes screw it up by accident. I managed to hit a division mate this week with torps that were literally about to run out, he was 5km from the end point when I fired them and he ate the last 2 that didn't actually hit and destroy the intended target.

Was it my fault? Yup, no debate, it's ALWAYS the fault of the firer, no exceptions.

[IRQ]
Players
2,753 posts
6,638 battles

A torpedo warning button should definitely be generic and not just about your own torps. As I often play a scouting role, I often see torpedoes heading for allies, or what I deem as, "I would be surprised if there aren't torps coming that way," where a warning button would be nice.

Sometimes I'd also like to draw lines on the minimap for extra clarity, which would be another good feature to have, since it would work to give others direction.

As a side note, ignoring a player's chat messages should include all chat commands.

Sign in to follow this